Gutter Guys & Gals : Full Moon Baking

Off-Topic Forum for things having nothing to do with Twilight or the entertainment industry

Moderators: bac, cullengirl, una, Nena

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
Susie
Frozen in Time

Re: Gutter Guys & Gals : Full Moon Baking

Post by Susie »

Hello Everyone!!

I'm Susie (actually Sue Ann) Openhome told you I'd be coming over for a visit!
I've been on the Lexicon since January 30 this year and loving every day of it. I've been spending a lot of time over at Rob's Halfway House, since I love Rob and there's so much going on with him these days.

As Openhome said, I'm looking for more "older" gals to chat with and she said the Gutter Girls is the place. Now, I'm not really THAT old...except it sounds ghastly old when I say it: 51. Well, I've been told I look 5-10 years younger, no kidding. More importantly is that I feel younger, and now that I'm a partial empty nester, I'm ready to have fun again- just for me!!! Twilight has also been a great help for my menopausal symptoms. So, I tell my husband, my obsession with Twilight is cheaper than psychiatric care!!!!

Well, I'll write more on my next post. Time to run mom's taxi service now.
LadyDi
Teaching Eric Social Graces

Post by LadyDi »

Welcome Susie!
Openhome (that was you, wasn't it), exciting news on your growing school. Middle schoolers can be really great. Try and get your hands on "Start Where They Are" by Karen Hume, about differentiated instruction for early adolescents. Useful. You want to have the laptops but ensure you build that community too.
I'm getting a copy of the graphic novel of Twilight for my school. Like the movie, I'm sure many folks will have strong opinions on how it's portrayed.
This banner is designed by the one-of-a-kind talent known on the Lex as Fry. Thanks!
nissanmama
Officially Bitten!

Post by nissanmama »

YES!!! *does spastic happy dance* There's someone here older than me!!!!

WELCOME SUE ANN...I've been waiting for you since, well since I started posting...gosh more than two years ago now. (When did EC come out?) I think Bewitched and Vampsiren are within a year of me, but now I'm not the oldest anymore! My oldest is a freshman in college (FS=the football stud), I have a high school sophomore (MG=my Mystery Girl), and a fifth-grader pulling up the rear (LG=Little Guy). On nights when the high schooler is busy and it's just hubby, LG and me, it feels bizarre. I'm used to having the house full of noisey teenagers and their friends and when it's just the three of us, it's so quiet! I teach spin for my sanity, but am still fat because I love food! (I'm working on that.) I also stage houses and do some part-time work for a local realtor. So glad you're here! *spins around so her skirt flies up*
https://picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo/p ... directlink
40-something and feeling a little like Mrs. Cope.
Banner by Fry
bac
Mesmerized by her own Dr. Cullen

Post by bac »

Welcome Sue Ann!

Nice to see you Nissanmama! Been a while.

Happy Birthday Twilight Lexicon!
by Laniyeah on photobucket
vampman
I'm A Proud Twilight Guy

Post by vampman »

WOW! It has been well over a year since I have visited the Lex I figured I would login today and wish the Lex a Happy 4th Birthday.
Nena
Altering source code with Jasper

Post by Nena »

Happy Birthday Twilight Lexicon!!!

I know it is actually a "birthmonth" because it took days to develop the blog and discussion boards, so I think we have an excuse to celebrate everyday :) *brings in the cake*

Welcome to the newbies! Hope you like it here, the gutter is really the home of a lot of adult fans, and I think everyone that has belonged to the thread has a place in her heart for this place. I have personally made a lot of great friends here.

Love ya all!

Nena
Susie
Frozen in Time

Post by Susie »

nissanmama!!! OK, just how much older am I than you?????? Old enough to be your sister (18 months or more), or old enough to be your friend (less than 18 months)???? Hopefully, I'm not old enough to be your aunt, because I have lots of Eneices already!! HA. Thanks for the welcome! What part of the world do you live in?

nena, bac, and LadyDi: Thanks for welcoming me, too. I'll try to visit regularly, but I have to admit that I usually go to Rob's first to get my fix..... :D

I didn't know that it is the Lexicon's Birthday today!!! I feel so sad that I missed so much time!!! I only joined on Jan 30, and read the saga for the first time in January 2010!!!! So, I am really making up for lost time. I'll have to reactivate some of the old topics.

Twilight Convention in Minneapolis June 11-13 - Anyone going??? I'm planning on attending (since it is my city - only a 15 min drive!). If that is the nearest convention location to you, consider it! I want to find people on the Lex who are going. I know Pel and Alphie will be there.
BlueStarlight
Hanging Up on Jessica

Post by BlueStarlight »

Happy Birthday, Lexicon!! I've been here about a year and a half and have made some great friends! Where would we be without it?!

Happy belated birthdays, Twi-Mom and Lady Di! I hope that you both had wonderful days!

Welcome, Sue Ann! I hope that you find the Gutter a comfy place...LOL!

VampMan, good to see you!

Just an update...Lil'Starlight turned 2 months old today!
Openhome
Corralling the Cullens while Esme's Away

Post by Openhome »

Happy Birthday Lexicon!!

Since this is the Gutter, I found a photo of a scantily clad companion for our internet friend. Hope you enjoy him, Lexicon! :lol:

Lil'Starlight is SOOO cute! You make good babies, BSL!

I am thinking of going to the Minneapolis convention, but I am still checking on timing and prices. I would love to go just to meet more Lexers.

It's good to hear from everyone! Nissanmama, congrats on being one of the younger ones!
Addicted
Teaching Eric Social Graces

Post by Addicted »

Welcome to the new folks & Hello to all....
Need more time....
Had a BLAST in NYC....
Got Robs auto in my SE Twilight Book....
TeeHeeHee....
Atlanta was fun as well....
Daniel aka Felix is HILARIOUS....
More to come....
Just need more time....
:ugeek: :ugeek: :ugeek: :ugeek: