Gutter Guys & Gals : Full Moon Baking

Off-Topic Forum for things having nothing to do with Twilight or the entertainment industry

Moderators: bac, cullengirl, una, Nena

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
spookybell
Part of Carlisle's Clan

Re: Gutter Guys & Gals : Full Moon Baking

Post by spookybell »

thanks Twimom!!!!!

anytime ANYONE talks about baking, I am tainted...

one of my gay male co-workers said he was the "baker" and his partner was the "cook"
my friend is currently "baking" holiday treats
once I said, "I can't bake" and blushed...
Friday is "baking" day at school

oh the delema

THANKS! No I won't be able to walk down the baking isle either
Sometimes I am not satisfied with my signature!
missp
Teaching Nessie all she needs to know
Location: Missing my HH SISTERS but loving all the great memories from HH CON 2012!

Post by missp »

Openhome wrote:Um, yes. Peaches is a "baking" flavor.
Peaches is also used in many other books for various anatomical parts. Pretty much, I can no longer go down the baking aisle at the supermarket without giggling, and produce isn't far behind. Thanks to a few fanfictions, I can't look at cupcakes, cookies, or cucumbers any more either. My kids think I'm nuts. :lol:
:lol: :lol: My friends nicknamed me PEACHES years ago due to my....errr....bodacious Ta-ta's!! Not too long after that, I saw a t-shirt that said, "if you don't like my peaches, don't shake my tree!"...Had to have the t-shirt! :P

And...cupcakes??? Heee Heee...thanks to Tattward and InkElla, I will NEVER look at them the same!!
xhopeonaropex
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by xhopeonaropex »

Hi gals and guys!!!

Una and Marielle - Like Cullengirl, I celebrate Eid and she basically got it down for what it signifies. We have those two big holidays in the year. And we have a month of mourning for when Prophet Mohammad's family was killed called Moharram. During that time we wear dark colors, go the the mosque to listen to the stories for 10 nights to know what happened and grieve and pray. I realy don't have a very special memory of my own holidays, except during the time I lived with my mom. I would celebrate it with family. I would buy new clothes and get either presents and money, but mostly it was about the good time spent together that I cherish the most. I really appreciate you guys asking!!! Feel free to ask any questions and Cullengirl and I would be more than happy to answer

Oh and about the whole Christmas thing, yes, essentially we do not celebrate it, but the meaning behind the holiday (peace family joy love....) makes me love it. In Lebanon some people are open minded about it. And the decorations they put it in Downtown is just gorgeous. My best friend back there usually takes pictures of it for me every year. When he sends me the pics for this year I will post them on here right away :D
missp
Teaching Nessie all she needs to know
Location: Missing my HH SISTERS but loving all the great memories from HH CON 2012!

Post by missp »

Happy Sunday, Gutters!!!
Hope all are having a relaxing weekend! Going to do church and doing some shopping today. Would also love to fit in a NEW MOON matinee!! We'll see! :D
bac
Mesmerized by her own Dr. Cullen

Post by bac »

I hope you got to see the movie missp. Hubby and I will go eventually (I've seen it once, but really want to see it again and hubby would like to see it). He has vacation next week. Yay.

I have a request...

We, the moderators, are working on new ranks for those that have posted beyond what we already have ranks for. Do you guys have any good ideas? Most of the ranks go through things that are in NM so far. So ideas from Eclipse and Breaking Dawn would be great. We may or may not use the once you suggest, but hey, it will be fun to see what we come up with anyway, right?!

PS: Please keep this to this thread. If you would like to ask others what they think, then do it in pm. But please don't post my request in other forums. Thanks for you help ladies and gents.
by Laniyeah on photobucket
una
Secret Spy for the Warden
Location: Sequestered in an alternate reality full of paranormal studs who find me irresitable!

Post by una »

Howdy all! I must say being preggo, fighting a cold and having carpel tunnel (due to the ridiculous swelling in my hands and wrists) really make coming here on the weekend difficult. But as I am work right now, and we are slow, I have time to check in with all of you. Hope you all had a nice weekend!

CG and Hope thanks for sharing about Eid and Moharram. I've never heard about them before and I appreciate you sharing!

Bac, I would so love to see New Moon again, but I think my hubby wants to see 2012. Has anyone seen it, any good?

And yes, for gutter girls the baking isle takes on a WHOLE new dimension!! :lol: :twisted:
I am the Impulsive VampVixen.
Thanks to SprtyGal and Fry for the AWESOME banner!
Openhome
Corralling the Cullens while Esme's Away

Post by Openhome »

I saw Blind Side yesterday, and I heartily recommend it to all of you! It was an incredible movie and even my boys all liked it.
My daughter saw 2012, and she went on and on about the special effects. When I asked her about the plot she said:
"I dunno. Everybody died. Kinda like Waterworld, only more exciting and the guys were cuter." :lol:
LadyDi
Teaching Eric Social Graces

Post by LadyDi »

bac wrote:We, the moderators, are working on new ranks for those that have posted beyond what we already have ranks for. Do you guys have any good ideas? Most of the ranks go through things that are in NM so far. So ideas from Eclipse and Breaking Dawn would be great. We may or may not use the once you suggest, but hey, it will be fun to see what we come up with anyway, right?!
PS: Please keep this to this thread. If you would like to ask others what they think, then do it in pm. But please don't post my request in other forums. Thanks for you help ladies and gents.
- hauling motorcycles off the lawn with Charlie
- filling out college applications with Edward and Bella
- "daydreaming" with Alice in the cafeteria
- having "the talk" with Charlie
- cutting school with Jacob
- making bets with Mike on who'll win the fight
- pushing magnets together on the fridge
- planning the ultimate slumber party with Alice
- throwing a Charlie-esuqe fit about age
- trying to keep secrets from the wolf pack and failing
- filling out graduation invitations with Angela
- hunting down Royce for revenge
- detecting unusual scents in the Swan household
- eating hot dogs with Paul at the bonfire
- making new recruits with Benito
- babysitting the newborns with Jaspar
- passing ice cubes to heal Bella's broken hand
(This is from scanning Eclipse up to chapter 16)
This banner is designed by the one-of-a-kind talent known on the Lex as Fry. Thanks!
xhopeonaropex
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by xhopeonaropex »

Open home - I will definitely go see the Blind Side because of all the good reviews I heard. But 2012 was something I didn't like. For me, I really dont believe thats when the world will end but the plot was kinda ridiculous. If you only wanna see the special effects its worth seeing, but other than that its pretty pointless because everyone dies anyways no matter how much they try to avoid it. SO you just leave the theatre going, well that was a waste of $10. But that's just my opinion

Sorry I havent been on here for a couple of day. I took care of the younglings while their parents were away. We had a good time. The oldest brought her bf home to spend some time with him while I took the kids out. I know the guy and he is very decent and respectful and so I said yes or else I wouldnt have let it happen. I took the kids to the mall. We had Costco pizza for linner (a combo of lunch and dinner) and they sat down and watched the iCarly marathon. The girls and I watched Glee online ( I know shame on me!!) and I liked the show. Can't wait to see what happens next. The next day the parents came back early and I took the girls to the movies. We say Brothers. Very emotional and I think the performances were great. Toby Maguire has never been so great in acting and I love Natalie Portman. I recommend to take lots of napkins. You will love the daughter's performance in the movie. Everytime that girl cried I just wanted to hug her.

As for peaches, I think I have never blushed so much in my life when people mention it. And I love eating peach and it's just so hard to eat it everytime now. I just burst out laughing and I make sure I eat it alone so that no one thinks I'm a total maniac. I've cut down eating it for a while lol. You gotta love it :lol:

Now let's talk about baking people!!!
twilightmom
Fishing with Charlie

Post by twilightmom »

xhopeonaropex: I love your avatar! Now I have that song in my head!

Lady Di: great suggestions!!

Life is slow up here in New England. We just got our first snow after a week of unseasonably warm weather. Christmas decorations are up and hubby is traveling. My 6-year-old son passed his belt test for karate and is excited to go to class tomorrow and wear the new color belt!
Banner created by the incredibly talented Nena! THANK YOU, MY FRIEND!