Gutter Guys & Gals : Full Moon Baking

Off-Topic Forum for things having nothing to do with Twilight or the entertainment industry

Moderators: bac, cullengirl, una, Nena

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
fanMNM
Veggie-Vampire

Re: Gutter Guys & Gals : Full Moon Baking

Post by fanMNM »

Hi Ladies...so is everyone excited about the Twilight Guide coming out in a couple of days?? We've been waiting for this thing for forever and I cannot wait to see all the news things there will be to read inside! Anyone have any knowledge or guesses on what we are gonna find once it arrives??

Thank you Naureen!!
bac
Mesmerized by her own Dr. Cullen

Post by bac »

So the Lex Blog had some of the illustrations that were in EW magazine, like Bella's wedding dress. I am excited to see illustrations that will give us an idea of what Stephenie Meyer had in her mind. I'm hoping that some of the illustrations are things that she has sat down with someone and explained what it looked like so that it meets her vision as closely as possible.
by Laniyeah on photobucket
nissanmama
Officially Bitten!

Post by nissanmama »

bac wrote:I'm hoping that some of the illustrations are things that she has sat down with someone and explained what it looked like so that it meets her vision as closely as possible.
There used to be a link here on the Lex to a website one of the Ghutterites, Love2Dream, had set up and worked with SM on to approximate some pictures of her vision (or Alice's vision) of Bella's dress. Is that link still here?

ETA: Yup, I went and looked. They've pulled her photos in and just labeled it "clothing" on the main blog page.
https://picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo/p ... directlink
40-something and feeling a little like Mrs. Cope.
Banner by Fry
SSVD
Settled in Forks

Post by SSVD »

Hi Ladies!! Nissanmama, you had me questioning whether I could remember who I was here. It's been a very long time! Yes, I'm very excited about the Guide coming out tomorrow! And I remember how disappointed I was regarding Bella's prom dress not being anything like what Stephenie had shared with us. I still have those prom dress pics saved on my computer! But more so because Bella didn't have on the strappy little shoe that caught Edward's attention and had him remarking "remind me to thank Alice for that". LOL!!
~~ SSVD ~~ GTO ~~ MSQ ~~
Stupid Shiny Designs
somethingblue
The Godmother

Post by somethingblue »

SSVD wrote:Hi Ladies!! Nissanmama, you had me questioning whether I could remember who I was here. It's been a very long time! Yes, I'm very excited about the Guide coming out tomorrow! And I remember how disappointed I was regarding Bella's prom dress not being anything like what Stephenie had shared with us. I still have those prom dress pics saved on my computer! But more so because Bella didn't have on the strappy little shoe that caught Edward's attention and had him remarking "remind me to thank Alice for that". LOL!!
Hi SSVD and Nissanmama!! Yes, the guide is a must have, I can't wait to get my hands on it! YAYA for new material and fresh Twilight reading!

Oh and SSVD, you know how I loved the innuendo of Edward's comment to thank Alice. Ahhh, the good old days!
bac

Post by bac »

*bac waves excitedly at SSVD and Somethingblue* :wave:

Yes, I remember the wedding dress thread, where Stephenie Meyer herself would post. I am really looking forward to the Guide. And it is so nice to see some "old" faces on here.
somethingblue
The Godmother

Post by somethingblue »

Aww, thanks bac! Good to see you too! Hopefully we'll all have a chance to read the guide quickly and can chat about it when we're given the thumbs up!
Nena
Altering source code with Jasper

Post by Nena »

I'm also excited about the guide! it feels like the old good days huh? I can't believe it has taken this long to come out!

Oh I'm so in the mood for re-reading the series again. I wasn't sure about getting the guide but I saw some of the pictures online and I so want to jump back into that world again (minus the movies) :)

Good to see you around SSVD and Blue!
bac

Post by bac »

*bac faints dead away to see Nena too* :swoon:

And you are right Nena, the excitement is like when one of the original books released.

Brooke dons her mod hat:
Dear Friends of the Gutter,
Please keep all posts about The Twilight Saga: The Official Illustrated Guide in your own Guide thread found HERE. This thread should remain spoiler free. We will eventually combine the two threads (like we did for the Bree Tanner Novella).
Thank you.
corona
Ignoring Renee's E-Mails

Post by corona »

Well, crap.

I had mine pre-ordered on Amazon, but it won't get here at least for another week. Pre-ordered the Nook version for my Nook Color, but can't download until tomorrow. Sometimes technology sucks, you just need to go into a book store.
"It will take an amazing amount of control,” she mused. “More even than Carlisle has. He may be just strong enough…the only thing he’s not strong enough to do is stay away from her. That’s a lost cause.”