Gutter Guys & Gals : Full Moon Baking

Off-Topic Forum for things having nothing to do with Twilight or the entertainment industry

Moderators: bac, cullengirl, una, Nena

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
smitten_by_twilight
Hiding Lauren's Hair Dye

Re: Gutter Guys & Gals : Full Moon Baking

Post by smitten_by_twilight » Fri Jun 24, 2011 7:44 pm

Wow, December, that was a trip into history! Thanks for the journey, and it's good to know that others appreciate long posts too.

General comment: I love my banner but I'm gonna take it down in the next couple of weeks. I get the feeling a lot of people are sick of the headboard commentary. Hmm, other quotes ... thankfully I recently put little flags in all my books to identify my favorite quotes :ugeek:
My FanFiction Page ~ Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery
Proud Halfway House Cousin Sister! - Team Alice Celebrity Chef - Seeing the future since 1901

Jazz Girl
Making beautiful music with Edward as only I can

Post by Jazz Girl » Sat Jun 25, 2011 12:27 am

Smitten~ Ummm, can I be one to vote for continued presence of headboards... say... forever. Personally, I don't think I could ever get tired of the mention... or the visual... of that headboard meeting it's shattering end. Hell, Edward waited 90 years to be able to do that! Boyfriend deserves a little fistbump and a little time to revel in it... and maybe a cigarette. :lol:
“Directing 7 Cullens at once=herding cats" :ROTFLMAO:
C-Dubs is TwitterRoyalty
Turning Page is Gospel~Ashley=MiniMe~HHBS

corona
Ignoring Renee's E-Mails

Post by corona » Sat Jun 25, 2011 3:09 pm

No headboard = No Nessie. Think long and hard (baking style) before taking down that banner.
"It will take an amazing amount of control,” she mused. “More even than Carlisle has. He may be just strong enough…the only thing he’s not strong enough to do is stay away from her. That’s a lost cause.”

smitten_by_twilight
Hiding Lauren's Hair Dye

Post by smitten_by_twilight » Sun Jun 26, 2011 3:29 am

I am easily persuaded - the banner stays. Although, Jazz Girl, on the no headboard=no Nessie issue, I think from the timing they hit the nail on the head, so to speak, the first time, ie, before the headboard. So the headboard marks instead the first purely recreational ... um ... evening. Which is fine by me! :clap:
Proud Halfway House Cousin Sister! - Team Alice Celebrity Chef - Seeing the future since 1901

corona
Ignoring Renee's E-Mails

Post by corona » Sat Jul 02, 2011 5:53 pm

I have 13 lbs of pork shoulder getting ready to go on the smoker. It'll be an all night thing, I haven't done something like this before. The pulled pork thing, yes, but never an all-nighter. Did that sound dirty? Then it best be posted here.

I'll be putting on a few kielbasas tomorrow for the last couple of hours. If everything goes south, the kielbasas will save the day.

Happy 4th to all!
"It will take an amazing amount of control,” she mused. “More even than Carlisle has. He may be just strong enough…the only thing he’s not strong enough to do is stay away from her. That’s a lost cause.”

BlueStarlight
Hanging Up on Jessica

Post by BlueStarlight » Sat Jul 02, 2011 11:06 pm

*snort* Kielbasas and pulled pork. Definitely Gutter material!! :twisted: I hope you have enough energy for the kielbasas after an all-nighter of smoking 13 pounds of pork. That sounds exhausting!

Openhome
Corralling the Cullens while Esme's Away

Post by Openhome » Sat Jul 02, 2011 11:11 pm

corona wrote: It'll be an all night thing, I haven't done something like this before. The pulled pork thing, yes, but never an all-nighter. Did that sound dirty? Then it best be posted here.

I'll be putting on a few kielbasas tomorrow for the last couple of hours.
Happy 4th to all!
:lol: :lol:

Oh, yeah, pulling pork all night long and hoping those kielbasas will save the day. How many of us have wished the same thing? :twisted:

Sounds like you'll be enjoying the old fourth!

corona
Ignoring Renee's E-Mails

Post by corona » Sun Jul 03, 2011 10:18 am

Don't get me started, I have very poor gutter filters and end up discarding three posts for every one I submit.

What's that, though? Why, yes, it is bone-in, thank you for asking. I generally prefer that since I don't have to stand the meat up by tying it.

Alas, the firebox finally petered out, but that's what happens when you use too much wood. :-o

smitten_by_twilight
Hiding Lauren's Hair Dye

Post by smitten_by_twilight » Mon Jul 04, 2011 3:23 am

I applaud your energy, corona, and I hope that you found something fun to do during your all-nighter! I'm not even going to think about clever repartee - you are clearly a mistress (tee hee) of the Gutter, and I bow to your superiority. :clapping: :good:

Openhome
Corralling the Cullens while Esme's Away

Post by Openhome » Tue Jul 05, 2011 12:18 am

corona wrote: What's that, though? Why, yes, it is bone-in, thank you for asking. I generally prefer that since I don't have to stand the meat up by tying it.

Alas, the firebox finally petered out, but that's what happens when you use too much wood. :-o
Bwahahahahaha!! I'm so glad to know you have a bone-in cut! Makes it easier to pull! :lol: :lol:

And it's common to have an early burn out when you use too much wood. Pace yourself next time. :twisted: