The Hunger Games/Catching Fire/Mockingjay

Off-Topic Forum for things having nothing to do with Twilight or the entertainment industry

Moderators: bac, cullengirl, una, Nena

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
SethisMine
Official Dog Lover!

Re: The Hunger Games/Catching Fire

Post by SethisMine »

Grrr... I pre-ordered my book on Amazon like a year ago, but it's scheduled to arrive at my house on September 3... Some things I've ordered from Amazon have arrived earlier than the planned date, so hopefully... if not... I'm not going to be very happy....
ImageImageImage
Survived the Twi-Lex Odyssey
xhopeonaropex
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by xhopeonaropex »

SethisMine wrote:Grrr... I pre-ordered my book on Amazon like a year ago, but it's scheduled to arrive at my house on September 3... Some things I've ordered from Amazon have arrived earlier than the planned date, so hopefully... if not... I'm not going to be very happy....

From my knowledge, Mockingjay won't be shipped out till the street date. Mine is that way too. :/
LadyDi
Teaching Eric Social Graces

Post by LadyDi »

I was told by my bookstore contact NOT to pre-order Mockingjay, and just to show up to the midnight event to get a copy. I don't remember it being like that for either Harry Potter 7 or Breaking Dawn. *shrugs shoulders*
This banner is designed by the one-of-a-kind talent known on the Lex as Fry. Thanks!
blasphemous_contessa
Working in the Garage with Jacob
Location: The library...or work...course if I was at work I wouldn't be online, so I must be at a library

Post by blasphemous_contessa »

I preordered mine FROM the bookstore (no midnight thing planned :( )
I did it back in April and paid and everything, but when I went to check on the order there was a stack of like 30 preorder forms for it (I didn't even know there were 30 literate people in this town) so maybe there should have been a midnight release thingy.
That one's for Ianto. Risen Mitten, Life Knife, and that old classic...Stun Gun.
dazzel21
Red-Eyed Vampire

Post by dazzel21 »

Oh I wish we had the midnight release as well. But sadly no, we're even 1 day delayed. Two more weeks guys (at least for me). I can't wait anymore...
"Because each and every one of us needs our own personal brand of heroine."
~Team Edward Forever~
SethisMine
Official Dog Lover!

Post by SethisMine »

YAY!!! I am happy now. I got myself a Mockingjay pin at Hot topic, and I like it more than the ones that were sold at Borders!!! :D
ImageImageImage
bored by the sea
Hanging Up on Jessica
Location: United Kingdom where the weathers like Forks pretty much alll the time

Post by bored by the sea »

yep ive pre-ordered mine through amazon as well and it wont be shipped supposedly until release day, but you know sometimes they ship stuff a little earlier than predicted, although i know that with this supposedly the publishers are being very protective over it, apparanly they arent even giving out any advanced copies to press etc until the release day so as to avoid spoilers, although one of my mates posted on fb that one of the people that runs mugglenet/twiight source has a copy and hes tweeted a pic of the bookcover :o hopefully no actual spoilers will come from that. but yep theres no midnight release things over here for it either i guess its not big enough here? :|

argh i really want some of the hot topic merch but sadly cant get it over here unless im prepared to pay exorbitant shipping prices :lol:
oh well 2more weeks guys!!!! eeeeeee :lol:
"If your life was all you had to give your beloved, how could you not
give it? if it was someone you truly loved"- Breaking Dawn
**TEAM EDWARD**
xhopeonaropex

Post by xhopeonaropex »

LadyDi wrote:I was told by my bookstore contact NOT to pre-order Mockingjay, and just to show up to the midnight event to get a copy. I don't remember it being like that for either Harry Potter 7 or Breaking Dawn. *shrugs shoulders*

LadyDi that's what I've been telling my customers at my store. I'm trying to set up a midnight release party for it so that people can just get it that night (as well as meeeeee xD). But either way people can just come in the next morning to get it!!
SethisMine
Official Dog Lover!

Post by SethisMine »

Yeah, I wanted to go to a midnight release, but the closest store is an hour and a half away, and I don't have a car of my own, my mom won't take me, and my friends who like the books are all on vacation (some even in different countries!). So I didn't cancel my order from Amazon. Otherwise, I would have. Besides, I got my book on Amazon for about $8, and I also didn't have to pay tax... Sigh... I'll just be depressed until I get my book... :( But I think I'll wear my Mockingjay pin every day until then... though maybe not tomorrow... I'm going to a wedding and it doesn't match my dress... Ah well, maybe I'll make it work. :roll:
ImageImageImage
Variety

Post by Variety »

I don't think any of the bookstores by me are having any midnight parties for Mockingjay, but I wouldn't go anyway. I just want my book, but am too busy to wait in the store for it. It's ordered and paid for: less than $8 at B&N.

Now, here's a treat for you:
http://ny-image3.etsy.com/il_430xN.161011059.jpg

Beautiful Bookthongs by Stupid Shiny Volvo Driver. She started with Twilight, then added the Brotherhood, and the collection has grown since then. She finds the best charms, and will custom make things, too.
Where there is great love, there are always miracles. -Willa Cather