The Hunger Games/Catching Fire/Mockingjay

Off-Topic Forum for things having nothing to do with Twilight or the entertainment industry

Moderators: bac, cullengirl, una, Nena

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
corona
Ignoring Renee's E-Mails

Re: The Hunger Games/Catching Fire/Mockingjay

Post by corona »

GrayceM wrote:So I know he was sincere in his feelings for her, I just wonder what his plan was during that time since he didn’t plan to survive the games…
My guess was Peeta was a goner, he had no real hope left. With his leg severly damagaed and he in pain and drugged with the tracker jacker venom, he likely decided to just stay hidden. He might have had inital delusions about coming back out "when the time was right", but once the infection set in, combined with his dwindling strength, he probably realized there was nothing he could do. I don't think he even had the strength left to remove himself from the mud he encased himself in.

Peeta might have tried calling out if the games had ended with just him and Katniss, but he likely wouldn't have been able to do even that, being very dehydrated. The only thing he could really do was hold on and keep the other contestants guessing for as long as possible.

That whole thing about painting himself into the ground was a little unreal anyway, though it didn't bother me. I mean, how in the world could he have done that so perfectly when he was suffering from the venom?
"It will take an amazing amount of control,” she mused. “More even than Carlisle has. He may be just strong enough…the only thing he’s not strong enough to do is stay away from her. That’s a lost cause.”
pennybug84
Protector of Jacob's Honor

Post by pennybug84 »

GrayceM: Maybe it's just me but I didn't get, in the movie, that Peeta is in love w/Katniss. Like not at all. If he hadn't said he had a crush on her in the interview, I don't think I could have told you he liked her that way.
Maybe I need to see it a second time. The only friend I've talked to about it has seen it more than once and she liked it better the second time around.
"She doesn't know what she wants" - Jacob Black "Yeah she does!" - Rob Pattinson
marielle
Cliff Diving with Embry

Post by marielle »

Pennubug, I agree with you, in the book Peeta doesn't look really drawn to her... there is just no chemistry...

I bought the other books as well, I have read THG, and when I finish my current book I'll start on the others...
These violent delights, have violent endings...Like fire and gunpowder, they consume what they kiss

Respect Team Robsten, Proud addict of the halfway house
GrayceM
Banging Out Dents with Tyler

Post by GrayceM »

For the book, I think any feelings or thoughts any of them had of relationships were pushed to the background. Katniss makes the comment that she never wants to have kids, not while they live the way they do. She thinks that would be irresponsible for someone to bring another mouth to feed into the world they live in when there's already so few who survive. I'm sure with that attitude, she probably thinks having any kind of romantic relationship is a waste of time.

For me, Peeta is a little different because he never went hungry, and though no one had it easy, he didn't really know how bad it was for her. He had a little more...opportunity to think of a relationship since if he carried on his family business, he could take care of anyone he married. I think he also had a lot of patience. He seemed to be the more sensitive of the two male leads...actually, he seemed more sensitive than her a lot of times, but I think that had to do more with his nature. His father seemed to be the same way when he came to see Katniss. I think he thought of her as more important than himself or that it meant more for her to come back from the games. He was "replaceable" in his own eyes to everyone, even his own parents. Katniss believed though that her sister and mother would never survive if she didn't come back and I think even Peeta knew what would happen if she didn't come back.

I'll have to see it again too, but I thought that given the screen time they got together after his declaration, Josh did a great job with it. He seemed to know exactly how she would react and what to do. In the book, she makes several comments about how she never realized how much he had been paying attention to her, or had noticed about her before. I think that's why her and everyone else thinks he's betraying her with the careers, because she doesn't believe anyone could be that selfless. His sole purpose for surviving is to make sure that she can go home at the end.

Knowing what we do about him, the look on his face says a lot when his name is called at the Reaping. I don't recall if she mentioned in the book noticing. And we definitely didn't see him before that which was sort of cool. My husband thought that Gail would be picked since that's who she was close to. He's already figured out that somehow or other, she'll be in the next games but I won't tell him how.
I may have to read that one again too now...
Grayce
Edwards Ragazza
Officially Bitten!

Post by Edwards Ragazza »

I still think this series was ok. I liked more the Matched Trilogy but that is just my opinion.
Banner by TammyAZ
TwilightFan87
Finding a Nice Guy for Angela

Post by TwilightFan87 »

Oh cool, I didn't realize a thread had been started..I'm a newbie though.

The first time I read the series, the final book freaked me out..it's so depressing in comparison to Twilight!! But the second time, I was more prepared and really enjoyed how it was written. Depressing story..but well written. The movie did it justice as well.
Edwards Ragazza
Officially Bitten!

Post by Edwards Ragazza »

TwilightFan87 wrote:Oh cool, I didn't realize a thread had been started..I'm a newbie though.

The first time I read the series, the final book freaked me out..it's so depressing in comparison to Twilight!! But the second time, I was more prepared and really enjoyed how it was written. Depressing story..but well written. The movie did it justice as well.

It was a little depressing. If you like the Dystopian genre you might want to check out the Matched series that is way lighter by Ally Condie. I like it so much more than this series.
Banner by TammyAZ
TwilightFan87

Post by TwilightFan87 »

Edwards Ragazza wrote:
TwilightFan87 wrote:Oh cool, I didn't realize a thread had been started..I'm a newbie though.

It was a little depressing. If you like the Dystopian genre you might want to check out the Matched series that is way lighter by Ally Condie. I like it so much more than this series.

It's not a bad genre, something different from my standard chick lit fare..so thanks :)
TwilightFan87

Post by TwilightFan87 »

Has anyone else gotten into the Hunger Games Adventures game? They just released it for the iPhone and it's sooo addicting!

[ Post made via Mobile Device ]