Book Addicts Anonymous

Off-Topic Forum for things having nothing to do with Twilight or the entertainment industry

Moderators: bac, cullengirl, una, Nena

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
♥midnight_sun♥
Riding in the Rabbit

Re: Book Addicts Anonymous

Post by ♥midnight_sun♥ »

Has anyone else read A Reliable Wife by Robert Goolrick? I'm almost done with it and its really good. There are a few hints in the beginning about what happens in the middle/end of the book - which I happen to really enjoy about it - but its a period piece so some may not like it.
Fan Fiction Addict•The Halfway House and Brute Squad Member•Banner/Signature OCD
Team Edward•JazzGirl's Official MiniMe•Cullenist•Keeper of the Names•Hatter Obsessed
best_beating_heart
Frozen in Time

Post by best_beating_heart »

My parents have cut off my book money, that's how bad it gets :\
They tell me if I really want it I'll have to borrow it from a friend or go to the library.
I haven't gone to the library in a while.
I'm going through serious book withdrawal, but my friend is letting me borrow Dreamland by Sarah Dessen, which is the one Sarah Dessen book I haven't read yet.

TM~Maria Dina Corozzo
Teams:Alice, Emmett, Esme, Renesmee, Volturi~Athenodora, JCA~Aubrey Santi~SC
Melzo
Settled in Forks

Post by Melzo »

virre wrote:i just got the "1001 Books You Must Read Before You Die" book. My new misson in life is to read all the books suggested in this book! ^^
Anyone els have it? maybe someone in here is already working on it? :D
I'm working on reading all of those. I read a lot in high school and such, but i'd really like to read them all (if they're interesting enough).

I'm currently reading a lot of books at one time. I just finished the Inkheart series (loved it!), and now I'm waiting on Tempted in the HoN series from the library. It's taking forever, though, so I may just have to go out and buy it. :roll: I'm used to getting books from the library and used bookstores since I don't have much money at the moment for new books. I'm obsessed with the HoN series, though, so it'll probably be worth it. I'm also reading Pride and Prejudice and Zombies. It's a very amusing adaptation of the original Pride and Prejudice. The last book I picked up at the library was anther "series" book entitled The Luxe. Has anyone else read that book? I like young adult romance novels. Is that book worth reading?
dreamer
Touched By Cold Hands
Location: Laxing with Gabriel.. cause Kait is long gone ;) we're both star struck by hanny

Post by dreamer »

Heyaa! :D
I just discovered this topic, and it is genious! :D
It's a bit scary how addicted I am to books. If I don't have a good book to read I kinda panic, and if I have one I can't do anything else. I ofthen hide from my family and sit up all night to read. It's gotten to the point where everyone gets mad at me for reading. My mom is actually happy if she finds me infront of the tv in the afternoons, cause it means I'm not reading.
If my book's sad, I'm sad. And if my book's happy, I'm happy. (That sounded weird xD )
I.Am.Addicted.
Yeah.. that's pretty much it XD
The Host is amazing by the way! Just thought I should press it in! :lol:
ImageImage
J&Bsig+avatarbyemaleth@vesperarium[/b]~on the list~team taycob~
EDC Crane Operator~SBS Combat Trainee~ APPC: bouncer~ Paiy and Puce, the ninja girls of the lex~
virre
Completely Dazzled!

Post by virre »

dreamer wrote:If my book's sad, I'm sad. And if my book's happy, I'm happy. (That sounded weird xD )

is that weird? :? i hope its not.. because im the same way ^^ i just finished the sword of truth series, and i have never felt so disheartened and discouraged
dreamer
Touched By Cold Hands
Location: Laxing with Gabriel.. cause Kait is long gone ;) we're both star struck by hanny

Post by dreamer »

It's not?? Yay :D
I know how you feel! Books affects my emotions waay more than movies or tv shows.
And it lasts longer too :?
The Host made me cry (like really cry!) 2 times, and about 6 others I got water in my eyes cried.
Stephenie is amazing...
ImageImage
EDC Crane Operator~SBS Combat Trainee~ APPC: bouncer~ Paiy and Puce, the ninja girls of the lex~
willowtree
Eating Spaghetti with Billy
Location: Kicking butt with her awesome Ninjasissyvildypuceowner!

Post by willowtree »

Ditto, Puce. I zone into a book and sometimes I can't hear anything, etc... And books always make me thoughtful, and people roll their eyes.
Seriously, most of my idols are from books.

~h. f. e. l.

-Hanni

(banner=not mine.)
roo-roo91
Taking Nature Lessons from Jacob

Post by roo-roo91 »

i'm the opposite.
my idols are video game characters.
but i do loves books.
^.^
is there a video game thread?
Gamzee is best troll; Dr.Facilier is best Disney villain, Dimitri is best Cooper gang member. They all are associated with purple. That is awesome.
dreamer
Touched By Cold Hands

Post by dreamer »

I love books! I think they make you wiser ;)
I don't know what I would do without them..

Don't think so chels.. =/
You could try to make one though ;P
ImageImage
roo-roo91
Taking Nature Lessons from Jacob

Post by roo-roo91 »

i'll ask nena for one.
:lol:
then you can know more.
Gamzee is best troll; Dr.Facilier is best Disney villain, Dimitri is best Cooper gang member. They all are associated with purple. That is awesome.