Gen Y --The 20 something's thread

Off-Topic Forum for things having nothing to do with Twilight or the entertainment industry

Moderators: bac, cullengirl, una, Nena

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
Velvet Voice
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Re: Gen Y --The 20 something's thread

Post by Velvet Voice »

Hey Nyx sorry I gave you such bad news about the VD (oh wait, I googled it and got to know why it sounds bad! let's make it TVD maybe lol) ...so ... TVD :D well guess the season break is due to the fact that in the beginning they were only supposed to shoot like 10 episodes and see how the series goes, and since it is going well they decided for 22 episodes ... If I remember right :)

About NM shooting in Italy, yes well I did go, Montepulciano is really not close to my town, but I decided to go like ... a couple of days before the shooting started. It took me 5 hour drive to get there, but in that particular moment I really needed to do something "crazy" and just leave a few days, you know be a teen again and breathe some fresh air... So I went, got to take pics of the movie set the day before they started shooting and got to see the cast, from a distance (got a couple of vids and some pics). Actors literally threw themselves from hotel to cars and viceversa so ... but it was great, I mean the atmosphere, so many ppl, all those lucky extras wearing red cloaks and what's most important I got to make new great friends, so that's what I love most about this Saga, you get to meet great ppl really :) We found out that we were staying in a hotel close to the one where most of the cast was, we saw them drive by, Rob EVEN waved and smiled (which felt like a gift from heaven since the actors were so MIA with fans ... if you listen to the cast in interviews now, italian fans look like maniacs now, not fair bc I dont think anyone acted that bad :? ) so that's it, a couple of days of lucid teen madness!

Well hope you all had a great Thanksgiving guys, I know it's Black Friday there, saw on the news these endless queues of ppl waiting for stores to open and so wanted to be there, spending Christmas and New Year's Eve in the Us is one of my biggest and most impossible to fulfill dreams ever, it looks great, such a different atmosphere than here :roll:
*...Edward whispering Romeo's lines in my ear - his irresistible,
velvet voice...*

The Gen-Y rocks my Twilight socks
xhopeonaropex

Post by xhopeonaropex »

Top of the midnight to you all!!!

Hope you guys enjoyed Thanksgiving with the family. I stuffed myself blind and was knocked out by 9:30 pm. Woke up 3 am for shopping but it pretty much pissed me off cuz of friends being idiots and not knowing how to shop. I ended up having them drop me off to my car and going shopping MIA. I got a new coat that I've been needing for the cold weather here. I then went to work form 9 am to 6 pm. Got crap from my boss because he always pushes me to do better cuz he thinks I could and I told him he needed to back off cuz he's driving me away instead of keeping me motivated.

I have now been awake for 22 hours and counting. I miss just chilling and being able to hang out here more when everyone is still online. I might go MIA for the weekend if I'm still pressured at work. I'm debating whether to go see New Moon on Monday again or not. My brother works at the movies so he could get me a free ticket, but I would like to go with someone. I might just end up going alone :P

ANyways so let's start a new topic!!! I'm kinda into talking and discussing something different

ANy suggestions???
pharmer4
Banging Out Dents with Tyler

Post by pharmer4 »

Hey guys, been away and sh!it; will be for a while longer

have some stuff to get sorted, so I don't know when I'll be back (it's a
matter of being online excessively and having more balance in my life)

some things while I'm here:
new moon movie: enjoyed
house: coming along well
Harry potter: finished the books, great ending

Anyway, sorry you guys have been wondering, and that I left suddenly. But all's well even if I don't get back mutch.

One request: facebook is my only online downtime at the moment, and I'm trying to keep it separate from past online stuff that I spent too much time doing (like here, for instance). Hope that makes sense and is cool

p4

[ Post made via Mobile Device ]
stupid_lamb85
Wandering Through Town

Post by stupid_lamb85 »

do dodo dooooo!!!! my twi tree :)

http://i95.photobucket.com/albums/l125/ ... one055.jpg my twitree
http://i95.photobucket.com/albums/l125/ ... one056.jpg my jacobesque dreamcatcher (I tried lol)
http://i95.photobucket.com/albums/l125/ ... one057.jpg Newmoon handpainted
http://i95.photobucket.com/albums/l125/ ... one058.jpg teamedward (has a silver heart on the back
http://i95.photobucket.com/albums/l125/ ... one059.jpg baseball

I will continue in new reply due to too many urls lol

I am terrible at arts and crafts so please don't laugh lol I am really happy with it. I need a tree topper and I am still looking for stuff to represent esme, carlisle, jasper etc. beside the tree I hvae cullen matchbox car set up but they aren't exact. The volvo is gold :(, bellas truck is a ford, the porsche is a carrerra, etc but I tried lol
My twilight diet blog http://nyxd.blogspot.com
stupid_lamb85
Wandering Through Town

Post by stupid_lamb85 »

My twilight diet blog http://nyxd.blogspot.com
SenorGimp
I'm A Proud Twilight Guy

Post by SenorGimp »

Let me break the trend of all of these hyperlinks...

See 6 lines and NO hyperlinks!
Whew, that took some doing! lol
Okay, well I am planning on going to see NM on wednesday with me madre, so that should be cool, I'm really looking forward to it.
Thank you Obs for posting about Wuthering Heights, although it is written in all kinds of difficult-for-us-modern-idiots-to-understand-Old-English, and although the characters are all deplorable, completely unredeemable excuses for humans, masquerading as humans to disguise their true nature as "utter wastes of tired flesh" (thank you corey taylor for that term), it is still really well written, and despite all the negativity of it, I think I really grew from having read it, since I read it when I was locked up, and it kind of helped me get over the anger and evil I was subconsciously harboring in response to Sam's unwillingness to stand by my side in my time of greatest need.... I read about all those whooshbags, and said "Whoa, holy crap, I almost started being like that. That is NOT something I want!"
Anyway, if you're not too prone to easily succumbing to depression, I would recommend it, not necessarily as a "good read" but as something that might help you figure out a little bit about yourself and maybe grow as a person...

But if you are prone to depression, avoid it like the plague!!!!

seriously!

Umm, well crap, I forgot what else I was going to say...

Okay, new topic:

I read someone on the XY thread posting about how he absolutely loves KS as Bella, and I was like "Huh?..." :| :?
But he somewhere it was brought up about how KS would portray Bella in BD, and I was really kind of afraid to even think about it... Anybody have any ideas on how THAT would turn out..
(^^^^^My attempt at a new topic, Hope, hope it works for you... Wow that was weird to say, bleh^^^^^)

Oh, a little side note for all of you:
I've been talking to this girl in Texas that I was friends with before she moved down there, and we've kind of been developing a sort of connection, so I wrote a song about her, sang it to her and asked her if she would be mine, and she said "Absolutely".
She's going to try to come visit in late April of early May, and hopefully while she's here I can help her figure some things out to get her ready to move back up here (she says she wants to), but anyway, that happened on Thanksgiving, so mine was very Happy!

Gotta go, love "y'all" <<<<(homage to my little Texan... lol)

Much Love
Codaniel Von Johnson
AKA
~SenorGimp~

Oh, and yes, you can call me Cody, or Senor, or even "GimpChild the BoyWonder" (that's what Ringswraith calls me, lol)
I used to go by Cody anyway, but ever since my accident and change in my whole outlook on life, I've taken to going by my full name (Codaniel) as part of "turning over a new leaf", if you will.
But yeah, you can call me whatever, just so long as it somehow ties into my name so I know that you're talking about/to me
(It wouldn't work to start calling me snowflake, for example, because I would then have no idea you were referring to me :lol: )
We Love Mumford And Sons!
1 of 2 Active Members of Team Gimp
Proud Member of the Gen Y Lexily
http://www.fanfiction.net/~senorgimp
xhopeonaropex

Post by xhopeonaropex »

Codyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy- Long time dude!!! About time you answered back!!! Ahahaha I know about the weirdness that is mine name. People try to say Hope twice in a sentence and theyre like cracking up at their own joke lol. But the weirdness is a definite and if it's not on purpose then it makes me laugh lol. Let me know how you like New Moon. And good luck with the girl!!! And I'm assuming you had some early troubles with life before??? YOu can always PM me to talk. I can relate. I've experienced some things in life as well, and I'm pretty good at listening.

As for the new topic: Well I'm kinda of nervous of how Eclipse will turn out to be to even start worrying about Breaking Dawn now. I hope they turn out to be great. I made plans with a friend to go see NEw Moon with her bf who is a friend of mine too on Monday. Yay for multiple viewings!!!!

I
m trying to finish rereading New Moon but so far it's a fail. I just sit in front of the computer and try to do something and I end up sitting on here for a while then get tired and sleep.
Anyways maybe this will open up a topic:

I just got out of a relationship that was for a few months. I broke up with the guy myself. He was nice and sweet but there were some minor peeves. And in the end there wasn't much in common and it wasn;t going anywhere. The relationship before that I had was brutal. 4 years and partially long distance. The guy was always cheating and eventually became a drug addict. I tried helping him to put him in rehab but he ended up taking the money and apending it on drugs and girls, I found that out from his sister and I just broke up with him. It took me a long time to realize it was bad for me. Well ever since I've had a hard time trusting men. I am afraid of anyone who gets attracted to me and get afraid being touched in a loving way by a guy. I really wanna be ok and be in a normal healthy relationship, but I don't know this is happening. Tried the therapy thing and they said it's fear and hurt from previous relationships, plus of what impact my dad had on me from what he has done. But I haven't felt better. I hope to find my Edward somewhere. I believe in love and safety. I'm just afraid to get hurt again, The last relationship, I tried being strong and opening up, but it went wrong. He had needs I couldn't give, and I needed a shoulder, a friend and someone I can trust.

Any advice???
dimber
Fishing with Charlie

Post by dimber »

Cody welcome back! I'm a returnee myself so It's always good to see old and new people in the forums...regarding KS in BD, and in Eclipse before that, I'm definitely worried!!! She doesn't seem to be able to express a varied range of emotions and we all know how many she'll have to portray in the next books. The whole Jacob vs Edward dilemma first and the pregnancy and transformation will be so hard for her...unfortunately, I odn't think they'll ever take into consideration the possibility of changing the actress but, who knows? I was worried about Taylor as Jacob as well after the very first movie and he did a great job anyway in NM, at least for me...I don't want to influence you, though. I hope you enjoy NM!
Good luck with the girl!!! It's very romantic to write a song for someone so I guess she's very special for you...go for it and let us know hoe it goes :mrgreen:

Hope I'm sorry to read you had such bad luck with guys. I'd like to say that everything is going to be fine and that you'll find the right guy some day, which is true by the way, but I perfectly know that words like these cannot make you feel better. Time will cure your wounds. But I can give you an advice though: no matter how bad your heart has been broken, just leave the door open...I mean, try not to "scan" every guy you meet in search of flaws and things you don't like. Nobody knows where true love is. Sometimes a guy who didn't catch your attention when you first met him can become very special to you in the end. It was like that for me and my husband...and we've been together for about 9 years now :D

Wuthering Heights It's a must read...you may like the characters or hate them but it's extremely well written. There are so many beautiful words we don't use any more. Reading it it's like going back to the 19th century England: priceless!!
...we are such stuff that dreams are made on...