Gen Y --The 20 something's thread

Off-Topic Forum for things having nothing to do with Twilight or the entertainment industry

Moderators: bac, cullengirl, una, Nena

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
SenorGimp
I'm A Proud Twilight Guy

Re: Gen Y --The 20 something's thread

Post by SenorGimp »

just wanted to stop in and say that "Yes, I am still alive", but have been rather busy with, er, other things...
I HAVE posted in Wingtear's Non-Veggie Vamp Cafe, though, so you should all go check it out, that thread used to be the killer awesome stomping grounds.
Hope to see you all there, and I'll check back in here in a day or so...
Sorry, I am just VERY distracted, and okay with that...
Hope you are all okay with that too.
= )
Much Love,
~Codaniel~
AKA
Snowflake
We Love Mumford And Sons!
1 of 2 Active Members of Team Gimp
Proud Member of the Gen Y Lexily
http://www.fanfiction.net/~senorgimp
SwanCullen
Touched By Cold Hands

Post by SwanCullen »

Well, if this thread is like some other threads, anybody can post in here right? I am surfing my way around these forums and going into places that seem interesting to me. I get from the title that this is meant for those in their 20's? I'm 25 so yeah. I don't really know what to say here so if there is something I should say to introduce myself, let me know!
:grin: Proud HalfwayHouse Sister :grin:
Seasons Of Love-A Rosalie/ Emmett story
dimber
Fishing with Charlie

Post by dimber »

Good morning everybody.

I would like to thank you all of you who commented and gave good advice...it feels extremely good to have people to talk to about this kind of stuff. My best friends here are either single or male :lol: I was having a really bad time when I wrote that message. I mean, I know it's still too early to get depressed and things are getting in perspective again. The real problem is that my mom tried for 6 years to have me and one of my aunts had several miscarriages: this scares me a little, that's why I'd like to start medical enquiry as soon as possible. By the way, I guess we're going to wait until the end of the year, give us some time to try and have fun :lol:

Besides, I'm keeping myself busy with house furnishing and decorating. Yesterday, we finally decided about curtains. I'd fallen in love with some silk taffeta from India but it was too expensive and delicate. We'll go for a Pes taffeta, beautiful but cheaper and, above all, practical. I'll post pics as soon as they're ready and installed.

SarahG Regarding teaching in the UK, I've applied to some summer school and got a couple of replies...we'll see what happens. I have to supervise exams in my school until the end of June and that can be a problem. By the way, thanks to my TEFL diploma and doctorate there are a couple of schools that are interested in offering me at least a summer teaching position even though I'm not a native speaker. It's a good start I guess...

To all the Europeans in the thread: anyone excited about the ongoing 6 Nations????? I'm so happy it's 6 Nations time again but a bit sad because Ireland lost to France... :evil: I should be sad because of Italy but we played extremely well with England and, with some luck, we'll beat Scitland again :lol:
...we are such stuff that dreams are made on...

SarahGoddard
Banging Out Dents with Tyler

Post by SarahGoddard »

Ally I hope everythings going well for you in test week. Not too long now and it’ll be done. Or do you have more stuff afterwards?

Loved that advert by the way! Made me giggle! :lol:

The pictures: They all suck. The film sucks. KStew and RPattz sucks. Why isn’t the bed black metal with roses? Rubbish – totally rubbish. Boo! :evil:

Janny I’m thinking of your sister sweetie. Hope everythings ok?

Penny most definitely a huge fan of hugs. Hugs make the world go round! I like the first Spiderman soundtrack. Might have to investigate the second one.

Chiara don’t worry about not being a native speaker. When I was at school we had loads of teachers from all around the world and it was really cool. From what I can tell your English is really good so you’ll be fine. :)

Be careful about wanting to beat Scotland. Although Becca’s not a native Scot I think she’s lived there long enough to want to support them in the 6 Nations. Could be wrong through…

Snowflake – yay! I think they were beginning to think I’d stolen you away. (I wont – promise. If anything he’s going to steal ME away to America. Hehe) I posted on the non-vamp veggie cafe. How have I never discovered it before? :?

Had the weirdest day yesterday. I lost my iPhone in a total Muppet moment. Was really annoyed at myself but thought “Well…it’s just a “thing”, its insured it can be replaced. Its really annoying but ho hum what can you do” Then Kirsty tried to call it one last time and looking for it in her house and some guy answered, he’d found it and we arranged to meet him so he could give it back! I was SOOO grateful and gave him a hug (which I think he was a bit like “Ok”) And the weirdest thing – not even a scratch on it from having dropped it on the floor!

I love it when amazing things like that happen. It reminds me that they ARE good people in the world and inspires me to do everything I can to do a good turn for other people. Its all about Karma and good energy and what you put out there coming back to you.

Right I’m procrastinating. I don’t want to write web copy I’m BORED of web copy. *Grumblemoangrumble*

Hehe love you all! :mrgreen:

PS: Sorry SwanCullen, I think I totally blinked and missed your post. Welcome welcome! We are the Gen Y Thread or "The Lexily". A very cool bunch of 20somethings (and one or two on either side of the scale but ssh!) I'm Sarah, 22 from London. Totally random, spends far too much time procrastinating on the Lex and Facebook! Come on in, pull up a beanbag (which is what Sarah has decided the official seats in the Gen Y are as she always recommends newcomers to sit on one!) and tell us a bit about yourself. Warning: We move quite fast on this board so you may be gone for a week come back and see like 3 pages of posts! Anyways - Hello! :D
Last edited by SarahGoddard on Fri Feb 19, 2010 9:38 am, edited 1 time in total.

~1/2 of the infamous Snowgod~
Sarah just needs her Lexily to get her through the day.
Left her ♥ on the Gen Y thread, Rockin' the 3rd person!
:mrgreen:
jasmine
Hanging Up on Jessica

Post by jasmine »

heres an update:

sisterinlaw had the tubethingy on wednesday, on 17:00 she already texted me she was awake. We went to see her and she was doing good.
On thursday morning i called her and the doc told her she could go home.
Last night she had another attack and she had to go back to the hospital.
Now they are going to speed up the process of getting her gal bladder out. They couldnt do it now though because the other operation was too recent. too great a risk with her organs or something...

on top of that i just filled in our taxes. usually we get back over a 1000 euros. Now they took away a lot of things you could fill in, like your insurance, medicine, and that kind of stuff. So bacially i could only fill in the amount for sids diabetes diet. And thats not high enough to get something back.
Long story short: they just took away a 300 euros tax refund. Those FFers. :evil:
Oh well At least ill still get a refund over 650 euros..thats something..

The Gen Y Rocks My Twilight Socks

Follow me @ http://gosh-makeup.blogspot.com/
Wingtear
Playing Thunderball

Post by Wingtear »

SwanCullen wrote:Well, if this thread is like some other threads, anybody can post in here right? I am surfing my way around these forums and going into places that seem interesting to me. I get from the title that this is meant for those in their 20's? I'm 25 so yeah. I don't really know what to say here so if there is something I should say to introduce myself, let me know!
Welcome!
Anyone's welcome here. Tell us anything you feel like, we're always curious about newcomers!
Like name, where you're from, where you are in life and so on.
I'm Ninna, 26, from Finland. I'm married and currently on maternity-leave with my 3 month old son.
Banner and avatar by the amazing MRK
SenorGimp
I'm A Proud Twilight Guy

Post by SenorGimp »

hello, goodbye
(a la white rabbit from Alice in Wonderland, only I DO have time to say "hello" and "goodbye".)
gotta go.
Smiles and hugs
see ya
We Love Mumford And Sons!
1 of 2 Active Members of Team Gimp
Proud Member of the Gen Y Lexily
http://www.fanfiction.net/~senorgimp
SwanCullen
Touched By Cold Hands

Post by SwanCullen »

Thanks everybody! Sarah, It took a while for my post to show up cause everytime that I post, it says it has to be approved. I don't know if that last for so long then stops or what. So if some of my post seem off, that's why. I can always come back and edit or something. Ninna, congrats on the new baby! :) Well, here is some info:

My name is Jennifer. I am 25 years old(I will be 26 in May) I have a 3 1/2 year old daughter named after a character in Lord Of The Rings (I watched it 2 weeks before I had her and decided that was her name lol!) I was born and raised in California and now live in the south. I have first cousins that are old enough to be my grandparents (my mom's parents had her when they were like I think 45 years old and she is the youngest of 8) I was at first VERY much against Twilight. I thought it was all Anne Rice like (this was before I knew anything about it, assuming stuff) My sister -n- law read it and said I just HAD to read it. Well, I watched Twilight first before reading. I LOVED it! (although now looking at it, I do not think Cathrine Hardwick was the right director. I do NOT like her direction AT ALL!!!) Then it wasn't till AFTER watching New Moon that I started reading the books. I was a very Team Jacob person till I read Eclispe. Jacob made me sooooo mad that I wanted to slap him! Now I am very much a Team Edward girl! Now, I just need a Avatar and siggy to match! Anybody good at that lol? I could use it. I LOVE the show "19 Kids and Counting". I LOVE how they are not afraid to show their faith. They are truly good Christian people. Um, I am out of work, as I have been for almost 2 years now. Hopefully that will change soon. I am going crazy without a job! I don't know what else to say. Oh, I have a myspace and a facebook. If you want to see it, just let me know and I'll give you the link and add you (just say your from these boards, so I wont deny it) Anything else you want to know, just ask!
:grin: Proud HalfwayHouse Sister :grin:
Seasons Of Love-A Rosalie/ Emmett story
dimber
Fishing with Charlie

Post by dimber »

SwanCullen welcome to the Gen Y thread!!!! A daughter named after a Lord of the Rings character? That's amazing!!!! Hubby and I would like to name our first-born - if it's a she - Elanor...it's the only one we're sure Italian speakers wouldn't have problems to pronounce. What's your daughter's name? I'm a LOTR addict and am really curious...I even got married on the 22nd of September :mrgreen:

Jasmine I'm really sorry to hear that your sister in law is sick again. I hope everything goes well for her and will remember her in my prayers.
Regarding taxes, I'm waiting for a refund of about 1000€ but they gave me only 300€ back this year...Italian taxation system is really mad. I'm supposed to be in the upper-income group but, actually, hubby and I just struggle to save a lil money at the end of the month...

SarahG I'm not particularly fond of Italy rugby team. We don't have any rugby culture here and most of our players are from Argentina. They play for us because they can claim some ancestors from Italy but, basically, they're with us because they aren't good enough to play for Argentina :evil: In the opening match I supported Ireland, mostly because it's the first federation I played for and I'm so sorry they aren't going to hit the Grand Slam again...but I have to admit that with England we did good. They're really trying to prove they are worth being in the 6 Nations. We beat Scotland a lot of times, though unfortunately we didn't beat them when it was necessary, that is in the last world cup, and I was there in Rome. It was really breathtaking...our guys deserve a win this year, a lot of more than in the past years. So...go Italy, no matter what Becca might say!!!! :D

Random thoughts:
Ikea is definitely like temptation island for me and hubby...last night we spent 100€ in nothing. I don't even know what's in the bags they're still waiting in the hall :lol: The only thing I remember buying is onions and sour cream chips...is anyone in this thread fond of Ikea? I must confess I love some of the stuff they have like armchairs, accessories, candles and that kind of stuff. I don't like most of their furniture, though, that's why I bought all wooden made in Italy furniture.
I'm thinking of applying to on of theRed Cross first aid courses. I've been away from ONG's for so long...but I'm afraid their courses are a bit demanding. They have classes and exams and a lot of compulsory training hours. I'm also doing an extremely boring online course on cooperative learning to improve my teaching cv and I have to finish all the assignments by the end of May...maybe I'm a little overwhelmed and should have some rest :roll:

It's time to go...God knows why Italian schools are opened on Sundays. :cry:
...we are such stuff that dreams are made on...

Wingtear
Playing Thunderball

Post by Wingtear »

SwanCullen, if you want a banner/avatar I would recommend MRK, she's done most of mine. Not the current, this was our x-mas card this year.
Banner and avatar by the amazing MRK