Gen Y --The 20 something's thread

Off-Topic Forum for things having nothing to do with Twilight or the entertainment industry

Moderators: bac, cullengirl, una, Nena

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
Wingtear
Playing Thunderball

Re: Gen Y --The 20 something's thread

Post by Wingtear »

Misty, that's awful! You have all mine and puppy's prayers!
Banner and avatar by the amazing MRK
dimber
Fishing with Charlie

Post by dimber »

MRK I'm really sorry to hear that...he'll be in my prayers.
Last edited by dimber on Tue Feb 23, 2010 3:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
...we are such stuff that dreams are made on...

PaulinhaBrasil
Teaching Eric Social Graces

Post by PaulinhaBrasil »

Misty, he'll be in my chats with the higher powers. *hug*
♀Sisterhood of the Traveling Book ♀
♥A proud part of the Gen Y Lexily!♥
Dazzled_by_Cullens
Touched By Cold Hands

Post by Dazzled_by_Cullens »

awww Misty sweetie I am really sorry! Sending my love and prayers to you and yours and hoping for the best!!! <3 you hun!!! *GIANT HUGGLES*
I left my heart on the Gen Y thread...I my LEXILY
MRK
Fishing with Charlie

Post by MRK »

Thanks guys!! **HUG**

My mom called, and said he made it through the surgery...and he has a port put in for the chemo...so I guess they're gonna fight it...(I mistyped earlier...He has a 1% chance of survival EVEN with chemo :( So this kinda really sucks royal!) But thanks you guys for the prayers!!!
SwanCullen
Touched By Cold Hands

Post by SwanCullen »

Wingtear wrote:She's usually here or in the café, so go ahead and PM her, she's made banners for most in the lexily, though everyone might not be wearing one right now...

Ahh okay. thanks! By the way, LOVE your banner! it's so cute!

dazzledBrit wrote:I've always loved that name! I've been a Tolkien fan since...forever (I first tried reading LOTR when in primary school, have read the Simarillion, some of the Lost Tales, etc).

My current favourite name though, if I had a daughter, is Isabella. I'm toying with Isabella Rose Arwen.... I love girls names that get shortened into something cute, but that are long and beautiful....so Isabella/Bella is ideal. Rose is my favourite flower. And Arwen is a beautiful name, of a beautiful figure from Tolkien mythology.
I became a fan once the movies came out (I was a junior in highschool when the first movie came out) and read the first 2 books and "The Hobbit". I like Isabella Rose Arwen! That sounds so pretty!
Ally_Cat wrote:I survived the worst week ever!!! But now I way too far behind to catch up on posts, so I'll start for here on.
I hope it gets better for you!
SarahGoddard wrote:SwanCullen (if I call all the Jennifer’s Jen or Jennifer its going to get really confusing) Arwen really is a beautiful name. I love Supernanny. I think it originated in the UK and shes now really big in America. Shes genius, pure genius.
I thought it had started there, but I wasn't for sure. I have used some of her ideas on my daughter and they have worked! She had a show on the other night that made me crack up! You can call me Jenn Jenn. That's what a lot of my friends call me :)
MRK wrote:My Aunt's husband just found out he has a bunch of cancerous tumors on his kidneys (after A YEAR of trying to find out what was wrong with him...). They are giving him a 1% chance at surviving chemo. He was brought into surgery this morning because he is bleeding internally...so will you all just send up some prayers and good mojo their way please! <3 ya all!
I will definitly say a prayer for him!

I had a weird dream last night about Zombies. I don't know where it came from either. The last thing I watched last night was the BAFTA's on BBC America. Which in a side note, THANK GOODNESS! Robert Pattinson knows how to brush his hair :lol: I think he is hot and all, but I always want to brush his hair lol! I was so excited when KStew won the rising star award! I actually clapped loudly and almost woke my daughter up :lol:
:grin: Proud HalfwayHouse Sister :grin:
Seasons Of Love-A Rosalie/ Emmett story
pennybug84
Protector of Jacob's Honor

Post by pennybug84 »

Hi everyone! Just popping in this time (it's late here & I really should try to go bed!)
SwanCullen wrote:The last thing I watched last night was the BAFTA's on BBC America. Which in a side note, THANK GOODNESS! Robert Pattinson knows how to brush his hair :lol: I think he is hot and all, but I always want to brush his hair lol! I was so excited when KStew won the rising star award! I actually clapped loudly and almost woke my daughter up :lol:
I know what you mean about Rob's hair! He looks so much better when he combs it! (I think that's partly why most of my fav pic of him are as Edward. :D )
That's so awesome for Kristin! Wasn't that a voted by fans award? It just shows the power of us crazy fans!
I heard she thanked the Twilight fans. That's nice of her & she knows she has this love because of us!

I'm excited for this weekend, I actully have plans! (Doesn't happen very often.) Friday night my one friend is having her bridal shower (she gets married two weeks from this Saturday!) And then on Saturday my other friend is having a get together, partly because her b-day is this week, and partly just because. So I won't be sitting at home all weekend bored! YAY for plans!! And besides my friends bridal shower gift won't cost me any money!!!!

I haven't read the Percy Jackson books yet. I've heard they're really good & have added them to my list of books to read (which just seems to grow & grow. I think there's about 10 on there now.) The only good thing about being unemployed is I have had a lot of time to read! The only thing is I need to go get a library card so I stop buying books (it gets expensive! Plus I don't know if I'll like it good enought to want to buy them.)

Well have a good rest of the week everyone!!!
"She doesn't know what she wants" - Jacob Black "Yeah she does!" - Rob Pattinson
SarahGoddard
Banging Out Dents with Tyler

Post by SarahGoddard »

Misty hun I'm thinking of your Aunts husband and sending positive vibes to you and your family. *Huggles*

So we have Jen, Jenn Jenn and Penny. *Tries to keep this all straight in her head*. Oky doky.

Janny I'm sure Melijn will LOVE the Xbox! Your such a good stepmum! :D

I'm so knackered. Went to bed at 3:30am (Guess whos fault THAT was :P ...damn time differences. I'm not complaining though, not in the slightest, I didnt even realise it had got that late. :D ) And I still have a ton of stuff I need to do before I leave and now I feel like no time to do it in. Grrrr. I will find time somewhere.

In more exciting news:
Germany in 3 days
Glasgow in 6 days
America in 14 days! Woo Hoo!

Much love
~Sarah~
1/2 of SnowGod :mrgreen:

~1/2 of the infamous Snowgod~
Sarah just needs her Lexily to get her through the day.
Left her ♥ on the Gen Y thread, Rockin' the 3rd person!
:mrgreen:
animegaijingirl

Post by animegaijingirl »

x
Last edited by animegaijingirl on Wed Mar 04, 2015 12:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Wingtear
Playing Thunderball

Post by Wingtear »

animegaijingirl wrote:aspiring to geek chic (so far I've got the geek down...)
we both know you've got geek sexy down, and if not I'll send Embry to prove it ;)
Banner and avatar by the amazing MRK