Gen Y --The 20 something's thread

Off-Topic Forum for things having nothing to do with Twilight or the entertainment industry

Moderators: bac, cullengirl, una, Nena

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
vampirenerd
Hiding Lauren's Hair Dye
Location: In my fantasy world with Edward...and Jacob (why not?)

Re: Gen Y --The 20 something's thread

Post by vampirenerd »

Ok, so ALL the talk about these books is driving me crazy...I have to make it to Booksamillion soon, and yes obs we still have a BAM lol...we're small town around here and other than the library that's the only place to get books. I always forgot to take my books back to the library so I'm pretty sure I'm banned...oops

I have mixed feelings about the internet...if I get on too often and no one else has posted anything I get annoyed. But if I don't get on often enough and there are TONS of posts and it takes me HOURS to read then I get annoyed too. I feel like I'm becoming more anti-social the older I get.
SarahGoddard
Banging Out Dents with Tyler

Post by SarahGoddard »

Ok, as much as I would love to catch up all the way back to where I last read properly I feel I’ve missed too much. Sorry guys. *Cracks fingers* Here we go with 6 page catch up though!

First off though I mustn’t forget my manners:

Thank You so much everyone for my birthday messages both here and on Facebook. Made me feel all warm, gooey and loved! :mrgreen:

Glad you had a great birthday Holly. The Lex doesn’t always email me either but I check it fairly regularly. And yes indeed mmm to John Barrowman ;)

Hehe Ninna, the alien stuff is kinda the point of Torchwood as its a spin off of Doctor Who!

Hey Sonia! Yes indeed we keep up on a daily basis on the Book of Face but good to see your gorgeousness self back on the Lex!

Hi Vampirenerd and Vicky! Welcome welcome to the crazyness. Sarah, 23 (now I feel grown up, 23 is such a proper adult age!), London but not for long if I can help it...

Haha! “Sarah of Goddard” Obs? I love it! Yes for anyone who may have missed it part of this trip was indeed purely to seduce the only TwiGuy on our thread. *Rolls eyes* Hehe. I’ll update you all when I’ve finished replying to everyone.

On the jellyfish question I’d go with Bella BEFORE she’s turned because...can vampires pee? (EDIT: As Becca and Ally so rightly point out)

Becca, Johnny’s album is out in June?! Woot woot! Excellent birthday present!

Hehe Vampirenerd so funny you mention “the list”. This was a very recent discussion on Facebook! Mine would be (I think)
* Ewan McGregor
* David Tennant
* Johnny Galecki
Ummm...wait who else did I say? Shoot! Oh yeah James Marsters in his younger days and I’m still deciding on numero 5.

Vicky you are now officially me and Becca’s new best friend! What about Mumford and Sons? (Currently playing in the background) Our other Nu-Folk obsession? BTW I must give all kudos to Becca for getting me into these guys. *Huggles*

Paula. First off no worries on the TMI you know we share everything here. Quick question out of inerest – why don’t you trust condoms on their own? (Is this gonna veer into unacceptable territory with the mods???) Could you maybe talk to your doctor about going on a different type of pill? I don’t know about in Brazil but in the UK there are like 10 different types and each of them effect people differently so sometimes it’s a matter of trial and error but hopefully once you find a compatible one it’ll be better? Sorry its been rough sweetie. Being a woman sucks sometimes doesn’t it? *Huggles*

Maria I LOVE the new banner! Made me chuckle! :lol: And you always be Cappu obsessed to me even if you don’t drink so many any more! hehe

Janny could you copy and paste your comments from Facebook etc? You could comment and just enter the name of the person? Can’t wait to see your EFF outfit sweetie, last years one was amazing and I’m really excited about your idea for this years one! Talking of packages still up for doing a swap when I get back? I know we said we’d do one after Christmas and its now frickin April. My bad.....but to apologise I do have lots of ideas, I just need to actually do the shopping!

Online thing. For me I am obsessed with keeping up to date on Facebook and on here...mainly with you lovely girls! (And Codaniel of course although 3 hour phone conversations when I’m on a different continent certainly help!) Seriously I feel so connected to you all online. Right now each and everyone of you is being amazing at keeping me company without even realising it. Thats pretty cool to me. 8-)

So you want an update? Looking for some butter Obs? Hehe. Well even though I don’t leave until tomorrow morning I had to say goodbye to Codaniel tonight cos he’s working. Gutting. :( This time its not so bad cos I’m heading out to see the wonderful Sami and we’re going to frickin FORKS. Then I’m back for a couple of days with Codaniel (in between him working again :( ) and then...home.

It’s going to be so damn hard. It’s already hard and I know I’m back in 4 days. I need to find out about cheap flights as a courier or using airmiles, or smuggling away in a dog kennel or something because there is no way I’m going to be able to cope with being away for too long. I already know I’m coming back for his birthday in August but I don’t know if I can wait that long.

I have had THE most phenomenal time. Codaniel is....amazing. Which we knew anyway but seriously girls this guy is something special. I’ve got really good feelings about this. As hard as it’s going to be long distance I’m confident about making this work. *Smiley face with hearts for eyes*

He got me the most beautiful birthday present; a white gold necklace with a teardrop Aquamarine (my birthstone) pendant. It’s absolutely stunning and I love it to pieces. (Damn we meant to get a photo, I’m so not taking one now looking all icky)

And I met most of his family and friends who are all amazing and lovely and some of the sweetest people I’ve ever met!

Ok I’ll stop grossing you all out with being all lovey dovey. I know its making the sexy Obster jealous for a start and I’d really rather she put those voodoo dolls away...

Ok in between frantic packing (WHY did I bring so much stuff) I’ll probably be back on line so if anyones lurking and not posting...well please do to keep me entertained.

Oh and by the way did anyone see the Lex’s, what I assume was April Fool’s Day joke? I was SOOO not impressed! :evil:

Ok my darling, lovely Lexlings I be off to heat up leftovers, attempt to pack and sit and miss Codaniel *Le sigh* (love it Bex!) Muchos love and huggles to all of you! :mrgreen: :ugeek: :mrgreen:

~1/2 of the infamous Snowgod~
Sarah just needs her Lexily to get her through the day.
Left her ♥ on the Gen Y thread, Rockin' the 3rd person!
:mrgreen:
jasmine
Hanging Up on Jessica

Post by jasmine »

@sarah, yup still up for that....I already have some stuff laying around...based on some comments on my blog ;)
Doesnt matter, I had some busy months and wouldnt have had enough money to send it anyway.HOpefully after the EFF things will be better :)

Speaking of which..i still have to start on my costume *sigh*. I just havent had the time, and...well i lost my slefmade leather skirt. I was going to pimp it with the feathers, but i kind find it ANYWHERE. SO now i have to make a whole new one..with a zipper...ugh. I hate those. Maybe ill think of something else.
So i had to order new leather..(and order some dark red one aswell for a short pleated skirt *yeay*). And now..hopefully ill cut the fabric today..which is the worst part. Later on ill probably be swearing a lot when im doing the feathers...im trying not to think of it, lol.
ANyway
cant stay long, because first im going to take a bth..and then ill start on my skirt.

btw check out my blog today, i love my funky nails! ;)

and btw sarah, dont mind being so loveydovey, its good to read something like that, it makes me happy to know yyou 2 have found eachother and are so happy together.

The Gen Y Rocks My Twilight Socks

Follow me @ http://gosh-makeup.blogspot.com/
bored by the sea
Hanging Up on Jessica
Location: United Kingdom where the weathers like Forks pretty much alll the time

Post by bored by the sea »

becca+sarah well u guys really do have some awesome taste in music :D yeah i loooooooovveeee Mumford!!! saw them 4 times last year, they supported Maccabees (who i love soooo much im pretty much stalking them ha ha altho on the upside i now kinda kno them :lol: ) on their tour in may so i got to see them on the Thekla whch is teeny tiny(its a boat!fact!)+@ the Brudenell in Leeds all before everyone was loving them, now my dad likes them its kinda tainted them a little :lol: yeah i think they'll be doing pretty much every festival going again this year, im only doing Glasto, Reading and Dot to Dot so far, was pondering Rockness but have to check out the money situation first. yeah im possibly seeing laura on her tour as my friend has a spare ticket going.
erm what else... oh yeah u asked my best gigs of the last 6 months Maccabees on the nme tour were awesome as always, Blood Red Shoes last month were amazzziinngg+then this is where im gonna sound a tad bit emo :lol: im totally not! but Brand New at Wembley arena in january was magical+Paramore in December were amazing as well, not going to lie i have a bit of a gig addition :lol: i live on the south coast around the Southampton area soooo to get to a good gig i have to travel for a fair amount of time.
"If your life was all you had to give your beloved, how could you not
give it? if it was someone you truly loved"- Breaking Dawn
**TEAM EDWARD**
obieewok
Banging Out Dents with Tyler

Post by obieewok »

All the love in here is seriously harshing my biznatch buzz. If you go to Sarah's page, you can see like a gazillion pics of her and Cody and "come hither" stares. So we can all assume stage 1, which is seduction, is complete. Now onto stage 2, which is total and complete domination of the male. Step 3 is actually breaking his will and 4 and last is where we begin to train him.

What can I say? I like my book men dominant, but in real life, I do the chaining up. I'm very "Fifty" that way.

Cappu----Get him greased up and ready. And I swear, in like another lifetime we were sisters or something, because our pervy minds are like linked in some weird pervy level. We were probably Mormons and lived in whatever state that is that Mormons like and were like sister wives or something. I could totally be a sister wife. I think I thrive best in competitive situations. So yeah, bring it Mormons!

Becs---Got the links and I'm totally at this moment kicking myself because I DO, in fact, know who Laura Marling is....or at least I've heard her before. Old Best bud was really into Noah and the Whale, which is some band that had a song in a car commercial here, and she heard them, got really into them and forced me to listen. They are actually really good....for folk music lol. I have to be in a certain almost depressed to chill state to listen, but when I do, 5 Years Time is my personal fave. And apparently, Laura Marling was part of the band. And so was Johnny Flynn's sister! Total fail. Didn't know this. Thanks for the links---I'm checking them out, seeing what I want to add to my Ipod. And write whenever you get time. NO rush.

Song for today: Sleep by Dandy Warhols. No, I'm really not that hip when it comes to music, but I just like what I like. I LOVE Dandy Warhols and most everything I listen to was heard on a show, movie, even in Walmart on the speaker. I usually don't care for more than one song by a single band, but this is one of my exceptions. I heard this particular song on Queer As Folk (US version) and fell in love.

Squeee!!!! My item has arrived in Brazil, or as the natives spell it, Brasil. So that means I did at least one thing right. Now if it ends up at Paulie's actual place, remains to be seen.

Janny---sounds like you have as much of a hard time with mail as I do lol. I LOATHE the post office with a passion. I really do. And I totally don't get having to pay for a package that someone sends to you. Ridonk. Yes, of course there are other places than Amsterdam, but you forget I know NOTHING when it comes to geography and barely knew that Netherlands are like European or whatev. You are talking to a Texan who has only left the country once---and that was just a quick honeymoon to Canada. Plus, I was further confused because if I go to USPS and look at mailing stuff to the Netherlands, there's like fifty different options of "The Netherlands" and I have NO CLUE which one you are. There's like these Antilles one and then a Curacao or something. Very very confusing. If it doesn't say "Janny's place" on it, then I'm lost.

Plus, everyone knows Amsterdam is where I'd be anyways. Although cheese you say.....hmmm....I do like cheese. It'd be a toss up.

And Janny would be proud of me---I actually took like seven minutes today to put makeup on my ugly mug. So my violet eyes have ---get this----white sparkly eyeshadow on them. I know, weird, but it sorta works, because nothing else I had looked right. I have mostly really boring eyeshadow choices---browns, pale pinks, silver and one green----and they didn't look cool with the white striped shirt I am wearing. So voila---instant Janny eye. I know---I need to take friggin pics. I'll try to get hubs to get one this evening if it holds up all day.

Totes score-----Ok....so most everyone knows about my lard behind and the fact that I do not squeeze into Victoria's Secret sizes. I do shop there, but for like yoga pants and nightshirts (softest ones EVER) and even some undies, but the girls up top don't fit into those bras. N-E-Wayz, I bought some stuff from there and they had some rewards thing going where you get basically a gift card, only you had to wait until yesterday to know the amount of it. 100 bucks is mine! So I was totes excited, and then realized I'd much rather have had 100 bucks to go to Target, Old Navy or Walmart lol. I'm a girly girl yes, but I'm also cheap as all get out, and I DO NOT dress up for hawt time with hubs or any male for that matter lol---if they want it so bad, then they can get down with my "I LOVE THE SMURFS" nightshirt that has the barbeque stain on the left boob.

Happy Friday to all my peeps:) To all those who celebrate Easter, have a good one. To all those who don't, I'll send you some stinky deviled eggs from Texas.

Smooches
Obs
Jabba the Nut
Queen of Aisle 7, which is where the Funyons are
Cover Model 2010 of BIG UNS

ps---for all the MOTU fans-----there is a great fan video done on youtube for the fic. HAWTNESS times ten. Check it.
"Has anyone ever shown you the difference between good touch and bad touch? 'Cause I'd love to demonstrate. We could start right now.'"

Like my banner? Suck it. MRK made it for me.
jasmine
Hanging Up on Jessica

Post by jasmine »

@Oobs im so proud, you actually wore makeup! hahaha. seriously though, its nice that my blog inspires people.and we deff want pics.

Well, we do have other islands and such that 'belong' to us. But i live in the ACTUAL Netherlands, the country itself, not one belonging to it. But if you typ Alkmaar, the Netherlands, I guess theres just one of those, right? Try google maps, you'll be amazed at how small our country is.
And yes cheesecity..we even have a cheesemarket on friday in summers, lots of tourists go there..never been myself, ahah

Also, can't you trade or sell the Victsecretcard? Id sell it sto someone who was already going to buy something, maybe for like 80 dollar so it would be attractive to buy the card. and then you could spend the 80 dollar anywhere you want to ;)

I was just seduced to take a bath with a hippy chick......damn..

The Gen Y Rocks My Twilight Socks

Follow me @ http://gosh-makeup.blogspot.com/
CappuGirl
Teaching Eric Social Graces

Post by CappuGirl »

Obie flapped her gums:
Cappu----Get him greased up and ready. And I swear, in like another lifetime we were sisters or something, because our pervy minds are like linked in some weird pervy level. We were probably Mormons and lived in whatever state that is that Mormons like and were like sister wives or something. I could totally be a sister wife. I think I thrive best in competitive situations. So yeah, bring it Mormons!
:lol: I'd totally share my man with you. I'm a bit freaked out by religious groups, but mormons can't be all bad since they gave us Stephenie. :roll: Our pervy minds... I just got told off by one of the mods in a new forum because they thought I was using offensive language in my intro-post there. Jeez... I only wrote "crap"! :lol: And I even got told off by Codaniel on one of miss Sarah's FB stat's. Either something's wrong in my head or other people need to lay back a little... ;)

Btw, I'm familliar with this problem:
but the girls up top don't fit into those bras.
I bought this really sexy corset-like top on mail order over a year ago and it was supposed to be my size or at least close to it, but guess again... :? I've still kept the thing. As motivation to get slim. I doubt my boobs won't fit in it even then...

I absolutely loved Sarah's lovey gooey ramblings. they're so sweet my teeth hurt, but keep it coming. :D
Too bad you got robbed of spooning tonight. At least you'll have Forks. And knifes!
*the lady with bad jokes strikes again*

I'll butt-out now. Can't even think straight... Gonna write some more stuff to be embarrassed about...

Cappu
vampirenerd
Hiding Lauren's Hair Dye
Location: In my fantasy world with Edward...and Jacob (why not?)

Post by vampirenerd »

I have to admit that I also completely understand the "girls don't fit" problem. I have to buy shirts two sizes bigger to fit the girls. And I'm one size away from having to have custom made bras lol. I ordered a bathing suit off line in my size and I got it and there was no way they were even beginning to fit.

I enjoyed the lovey dovey rambling as well even though I don't really know the ppl involved. My romance seems to be coming vicariously lately lol.

On that note, hubs family from North Carolina are down for the next eight days. And some of them are staying with us in our SMALL two bedroom, one bath house (two adults and three kids). We also have a Siberian Husky and a new puppy so I can only imagine how these next eight days are going to go. Luckily I'll be at work most of the day during the week...I can for once actually say I'll be happy to go to work. And of course the rest of the time I'll be on the Lex lol.

Well, they're all yelling for supper so I'll be on later lol
PaulinhaBrasil
Teaching Eric Social Graces

Post by PaulinhaBrasil »

Vampirenerd – I often get online coupons for Books-a-Million. I’ll send them to you if you like.

Sarah – Condoms are irreplaceable but can you imagine, if one breaks… I know they are tough and if handled properly the chance of it happening is almost zero; but almost isn’t 100%. Remember Ross and Rachel? “What do you mean it has a 98% efficiency rate?” :shock: *shivers*
I’m so happy to hear about you and
Snowflake!!! ♥ ♥ ♥ It brings hope you know?!

Pills: If you girls could tell the names of the ones you know I may try to find them. I used Yasmin for a while, also Femina, Diane, Belara and the dreadful shot – don’t remember the name. :)

On being Online – I have irk spells. Every 2 weeks or so I get so fed up with my pc that I simply don’t turn it on. I have been behind on several series including Supernatural! I have limited my online intake to 4hours a day. Beyond that, I start feeling repulsed by it. I try my best to keep up with FB and the Lex and keep in touch with you. You are the reason that I come back. In turn, if I stay too long offline, like this last week, 4days, I start feeling lonely and missing everybody :( . I guess some of us have a love/hate relationship with the net... go figure!

Lex april’s fool jokeNOT A JOKE. :evil: Ridiculous and counterproductive! Daft ppl, why not make the page upside down like you tube did last year, you know, a real prank!? Don’t they get that ppl may want to talk that day? That they lost a ton of hits, and therefore money b/c of the stupid joke? -- NOT COOL :ugeek:
♀Sisterhood of the Traveling Book ♀
♥A proud part of the Gen Y Lexily!♥
SenorGimp
I'm A Proud Twilight Guy

Post by SenorGimp »

hiya!
I'm going to call sarah now, and I know I am a bad lexling, but she seriously dominates my mind, and I just haven't got any mind to spare...
Obs, i hope you can forgive me someday, maybe by helping Sarah figure out how to "train me", you will have your revenge...
much Love to everyone,
~Codaniel~
AKA
Snowflake
We Love Mumford And Sons!
1 of 2 Active Members of Team Gimp
Proud Member of the Gen Y Lexily
http://www.fanfiction.net/~senorgimp