Gen Y --The 20 something's thread

Off-Topic Forum for things having nothing to do with Twilight or the entertainment industry

Moderators: bac, cullengirl, una, Nena

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
jasmine
Hanging Up on Jessica

Re: Gen Y --The 20 something's thread

Post by jasmine » Tue Apr 13, 2010 12:04 pm

dazzel21 wrote:Thanks Codaniel for the warm welcome.

Always makes me happy whenever I meet a Twi-guy. They are such rare species here at the lex.
Nah, im married to one!
but his xbox always seduces him to play with her instead of the computer ;)

The Gen Y Rocks My Twilight Socks

Follow me @ http://gosh-makeup.blogspot.com/

therealmrswhitlock
Banging Out Dents with Tyler

Post by therealmrswhitlock » Tue Apr 13, 2010 12:55 pm

So I just watched 9 yesterday. It was really good--I quite enjoyed it. Especially since Elijah Wood is the voice of #9. I adore him!

What else? Oh yeah, got my friend Ashley to read WA. Day two, and she was at Chapter 25 last night and telling me she couldn't sleep---I LOVE IT!! I remember going a whole week with like 10-12 hours of sleep because of it. Now I am reliving all the joy and angst--but she still hasn't found out about unicorns yet--I can't wait for that!

Supernatural was priceless this week, as was Vamp Diaries. I think I am officially in LOVE with Damon Salvatore. I can't help it--he actually made me think he might have a heart in this last episode. He was worried about Stefan and taking care of Elena--how weird is that? And what the ---? Jeremy wants to be a vampire? But only because he's still in love with Vicky? That was weird.

Anyway, that's all from me right now. P.S. I just read another Merry Gentry book. My favorite character, who we (the readers) believed to be lost forever, came back! I so love Frost! (who used to be Jackie Frost, by the way, lol). But this chick is in love with four guys at the same time, falling for a fifth, and getting to know a sixth, because they are ALL fathers of the twins she's carrying---how messed up is that?

Okay, I'm done. Later lexlings!
Left my heart on the Gen Y thread....<3 my Lexily!
How could anyone say no to this face? Awww....

SarahGoddard

Post by SarahGoddard » Tue Apr 13, 2010 2:05 pm

Hello all! :mrgreen:

Paula – Cowboy smut series? I am intirugied! SOO many books I want to read and I just don’t have the money to buy them. *Sob * good luck on the job hunt sweetie. *Huggles*

Hiya Lies! Good to see you back, albeit briefly.

Welcome Raine! This thread wont keep you shy for long. We talk about anything and everything in here.

Janny I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again. Can. Not. WAIT to see your EFF costume! And yup keeping up with the blog. I would comment more but I think "I love it!" Might get a lil old after a while so I try and wait until I have something a tad more creative to say :)

Codaniel you need to be careful referring to Obs like that...I’d quite like to keep you in one piece please!

Raine, there’s more Twi-Guys than you would think but we definitely outnumber them by a fairly hefty percentage! Hehe

Penny Remember Me is in the cheap theatre already? ROFL. :lol: Sorry I have nothing against the film, its just RPattz that drives me crazy. Grr argh at the poor poor acting he offers!

bored by the sea (sorry sweetie I know you told us but I dont remember your name. *Slap on wrist*) this thread generally tends to be pretty fast moving. It has slowed down though. There was a point around this time last year where you'd log off at night, come back in the morning to 3 pages worth of posts! Going MIA meant it was impossible to catch up with what happened.

Janny you need to try and get Sid back on here, if only for an occasional post. Ban him from the Xbox or something? ;)

So what am I up to? Well my eating and sleeping is all over the shop and it has nothing to do with jetlag. Just a case of not wanting to get up in the mornings but then not wanting to sleep at night. :(

My baby sister and her DOUCHEBAG (thats allowed right? If not apologies to the Mods - feel free to amend) of a boyfriend are driving me crazy. Fair enough I’m sleeping at weird hours so I don’t expect the house to be silent but have a BIT of consideration and don’t start screaming at each other outside my door when you know I'm asleep huh? And then just now they got into a play fight and he took it too far and hit her in the chest (accidentally I think and hope! :evil: ) and really winded her. She got really p’d at him and then he was acting like he was gonna hit her again with a stuffed animal and I got really p’d at him, warned him not to and then his sitting there going “shh shh shh” to me. (He’s 19 for crying out loud – grow up mate! So I dove across the room and I was SO ready to deck him but I couldn’t get a clear shot at him. Ended up ripping his shirt before my sister is telling us to cut it out. WTF? Then he’s all snarky on Facebook but I think I pretty much put him in his place. You know what p’s me off the most? He has a flat down the road, but they would rather be here because his flat is skanky and horrible. Not my problem – get the hell outta my house! And they wonder why I didn’t miss it here? Jeesh.

Sorry for the rant guys. But that kid really gets my back up!

I’ve got an interview tomorrow for face to face fundraising. It seems like a great company and its good money but here’s the kicker...this sort of job is what launched my career into fundraising 4 years ago. It feels like such a step down. But at the same time I don’t care because a) I need a job, if for nothing else but to get back to America (and to you know...live and stuff!) and b) I think it’ll be kinda fun to get back to “hands on” fundraising. *Sigh* we’ll see I suppose.

So it’s great to see lots of new faces but where are all the “old-bies”? I know you guys are around lurking but you better get posting!

Ok well thats me done for now I suppose. Much love and huggles to y’all. :mrgreen:

~1/2 of the infamous Snowgod~
Sarah just needs her Lexily to get her through the day.
Left her ♥ on the Gen Y thread, Rockin' the 3rd person!
:mrgreen:

TillyWhitlock
Playing Thunderball
Location: Wandering through the forest hoping to stumble upon Jasper

Post by TillyWhitlock » Tue Apr 13, 2010 2:38 pm

-Peeks onto the Lexily- Miss me? I mean I know I've been gone for months, but.... I'm still alive. And since it has been months since I've posted anything here, I'm going to go ahead and repost Obie's information fact sheet so that you guys know what's up with me. -Smiles wide-

Name: Amanda, but everyone around here calls me Tilly. So feel free to call me Tilly or Tills or Till or T.
Year you graced us by being born: 1987
Locale: Harrisburg, PA
Slave to da man? : Nope. I don't work because the Eco sucks in PA.
Spawn?: No. Not now or any time in the next five years if I have anything to do with it.
Doing anyone? : Yep. Been doing the same guy for the past four years and we're still NOT married. I know, insanity right?
Tats/Piercings: Just piercings on my ears and a triquetra tattooed on my right hip and a 16th note and my Gram's initials underneath.
Attracted to: Jackson Rathbone. Yep. Still in love with him. But I love people with personalities and respect.
Turn offs : All around rudeness.
TV Watching: White Collar, NCIS, NCIS:LA, In Plain Sight, Psych, Royal Pains, Burn Notice
Reading: What aren't I reading? Right now it's the Immortal Series. I've read the Vampire Academy Series. Then there's the FanFiction. But that's normal.
Lex member you want to recommend: For what? And it's been way too long that I've been here, so I can't really recommend except for my Kimmy and my Sarah.
Favorite movie of all time: Scream 1, 2, and 3. I also love John Hughes flicks. Breakfast Club, 16 Candles, Pretty In Pink, How To Lose A Guy in 10 Days, Donnie Darko (Seriously I only like S. Darko because Jackson's in it), Pretty much anything that will get me to laugh too.

What else do you people want to know?

Well.... Lately here's the details. Shane lost his job, so we're moving out of our apartment. I know. It sucks. I'm moving in with my In-Laws. We move there at the end of May. However, with the move means we got a new bed. It's a queen and is bigger than the stupid waterbed we have right now. It also means that I get my favorite animals ever. My precious pups. Everyone remembers that. I have a mild obsession with my In-Laws one dog.

Hmm... what else? 100 Monkeys concert in Lancaster tomorrow night that I may be going to. It'll be interesting if I do go. A friend of mine is going to drive 7 hours to see them play with me and 7 hours back home if it does happen. -Shakes my head-

Nothing else happened. But I've missed you guys very very much.
~Tills.
Garage,Bodyguard,APPC,EDC
"Drug" Dealer to THE 6. The price: One bottle of Honey or Syrup.

SarahGoddard~ The Best Lexling ever!
Twi-Twin=Kimmy

therealmrswhitlock

Post by therealmrswhitlock » Tue Apr 13, 2010 3:39 pm

*pops in for a mo* TILLY!!!!!!!

I'm so used to only seeing you on fb! Glad you're back. I can identify with the whole job-loss-having-to-move thing. I'm going through that right now also. For all those reading, in two weeks I may be MIA for a couple weeks until my internet is back up again. I'm moving an hour north of here. But the bills will be cheaper, so I see it as a blessing.
Left my heart on the Gen Y thread....<3 my Lexily!
How could anyone say no to this face? Awww....

vampirenerd
Hiding Lauren's Hair Dye
Location: In my fantasy world with Edward...and Jacob (why not?)

Post by vampirenerd » Tue Apr 13, 2010 9:20 pm

Jasmine, don't worry my husband is the same way. I swear he spends more time with his playstation then he does with me lol...but it's ok b/c it allows me time to watch all the shows he doesn't like. Like right now I'm watching American Idol and then GLEE!!! I'm so excited that it's finally coming on.

This week is already turning out to be a long one and it doesn't help that it's that time of the month. I only get cramps like the first two days but I swear it's like mother nature tries to fit a whole week of cramps into those two days. I've taken enough pain medicine today to knock out a horse and it doesn't seem to help but this Thermacare pad is my new lifesaver.

Other than that there's not much going on other than starting a diet/workout routine this week. I was looking through pictures from my senior year and I almost cried at how skinny I was back then. So that's my goal and I'm sure it's going to take awhile but hopefully we'll get there lol. I figured that since the reason I was so skinny in high school was because of all the dancing for showchoir so I decided to get some dance/exercise dvds and let's just say that it is kicking my butt lol. I don't know how I managed to do dance practice 12 hours a week, in HIGH HEELS!!!

Well, supper is ready so I'm going to go eat (and that's my problem lol)...later peeps

dazzel21
Red-Eyed Vampire

Post by dazzel21 » Tue Apr 13, 2010 10:39 pm

Jasmine - Lucky you you're married to Twi-guy. Atleast you have something to talk about when all else fail. You can always chuck his xbox out the window :lol: :lol: (kidding I know I'll probably commit murder when someone touches my PS2 :D )

SarahGoddard - Ok I'm not really the typical shy but sometimes I don't have anything to say that has sense so feel free to throw something at me when I talk nonsense. And yes, I'm starting to realize that there are lots of Twi-guys around here...

Boredbythesea - I know what you mean. This thread is so busy. Don't be a stranger and come here often.

Right now I'm at the office. Busy multi tasking with work and lexing. I'm so grateful that my job has no restrictions when it comes to internet use (except facebook gah :roll: ). The weather here is so hot almost reaching 36 degrees, so I'm thinking of just ditching lunch break than eat out.

Catch you all later...
"Because each and every one of us needs our own personal brand of heroine."
~Team Edward Forever~

roseaurora
Helping Mike to Get a Clue

Post by roseaurora » Wed Apr 14, 2010 9:54 am

Hello Lexily!!!

It has been ages since I posted here... been sticking to FB mostly. My Twilight obsession has waned quite a bit too... but I miss it here!

I'll follow Tilly's example and repost my info since I know there are TONS of new people here...

Name: Rachel... but Rose works too
Year you graced us by being born: 1983
Locale: Southern California
Slave to da man?: Not yet... I am in law school til December...
Spawn?: Not yet, used to be not sure ever... but I'm warming to the idea. Just not until I'm out of school and have found a job...
Doing anyone?: Lol. Indeedy, been married for 4 years now...
Tats/Piercings: Ears and belly button are pierced. Dragonfly tattoo on my lower back on the right side.
Attracted to: Hugh Jackman, Ewan McGregor... the Black Dagger Brotherhood... lol
Turn offs: Inconsiderate people
TV Watching: Glee, Lost, The Marriage Ref, Law and Order, Cold Case, True Blood
Reading: The Outlander Series (hate to say it, but I'd take Jamie over Edward any day!)
Lex member you want to recommend: Not sure about this one... recommend for what? If its a traveling buddy... Sarah G has lots of travel experience. Need someone to make you laugh? Obs for sure! Make up advice? Janny and Paula are great! Need an artist, talk to Misty. All the Lexilings each have their own areas of expertise :)
Favorite movie of all time: There are so many that I love, but AVATAR is at the top of the list for sure!

:D
Wants to move to Forks and live with the Cullens forever.
Banner by the fabulous MRK
I ♥ my Lexily!

PaulinhaBrasil
Teaching Eric Social Graces

Post by PaulinhaBrasil » Wed Apr 14, 2010 11:33 am

Welcome Raine and Hello Tilly, I don’t remember seeing you here before.
My name is Paula, I’m 28/Gemini, a crazy Smut Book Addict from Brasil. (yup, I copied and pasted it, it is the best intro so why change it?!?!?)

Sarah – The benefits of getting the job outweighs the step down. Make peace with it girl your heart is in the right place.

Vampirenerd – I’m sending some serious slimming vibes your way. I’ve been wanting to get the strength to drop some serious pounds but I always lose focus :oops: . My Best Friend/Sister in the world is getting married July 17th and I would be a happy bunny if I lost 30Lb.

Rose – Welcome BACK!!! *hug* So, tell me about this The Outlander Series, I remember you telling me about it on one of my FB pics. *grins* :D
♀Sisterhood of the Traveling Book ♀
♥A proud part of the Gen Y Lexily!♥

obieewok

Post by obieewok » Wed Apr 14, 2010 12:09 pm

*Runs in, throws herself down all southern-belle like, and then does her best Scarlett O'Hara impression, all while passing out onion rings and candy necklaces*

Never EVER let it be said Obs does not know how to make an entrance.

Happy HUMP day to all my peeps. I take it literally, so you Twi-boys BEST steer clear, as Code has pointed out---I'll do things to you that are so out there that they don't even have a name yet. Things like rearpossumlotus or Warthogaroundthebend. Scary things. *Rawr!* (flicks out nails, then realizes one is totally chipped, and runs to Janny crying, begging her to fix it)

Speaking of which, I gots me some new nail paint for them there hard bits of my fingers. It's by NYC I think and they have this line that's named after New York places, like Chinatown and East Village. Mine is West Village, and it's a dark dark blue, almost black looking and it freaking rocks. I wonder how these single girls paint their toenails by the way----I have had Ray paint mine (do NOT tell him I told you he does this----it's like an affront to his manhood or something) since forever, because A-I suck at painting anything and B) my gut would totally get in the way. If not the gut, then the boobs. And I'd have to like position myself all weird (or maybe in the rearpossumlotus position) to get to my toes. Heck, I'm just now able to see them again.

To the person who claims to be "therealmrswhitlock" but is really just slummin it with Jackson's road crew, because everyone knows Jack worships the quicksand I walk on- I agree about Vamp Diaries. Damon Salvatore is totes hot, and the whole concern over Stefan (who is sort of a tool in my opinion) is gah-worthy and I swooned like the whole hour. Now.....how to get a vampire from Mystic Falls out of his shirt for an episode....they did it for Stefan, but he was being tortured. Hmmmm.

Paulie, yes, in fact, Jon Bon Jovi totally had a moment with me on Saturday evening. He stared right at me----at least, from my vantage point way in the back in the nosebleeds, he was totally macking on me. So yeah---the seats were WAY in the back, up top, and unfortunately Obs is scared of very few things, but one thing is heights---and apparently "true stadium seating" means "Steepa$$dontlookdownyourfatselfisgoingtofallandbounce". So yeah, I didn't get up and jam nearly as much as I wanted to thanks to this development. And I'd like to also take this time to point out a huge injustice that happens to some people at concerts. It's a growing epidemic, one that I think that should be addressed by maybe Congress or at least the Senate or something: cupholder stealers. Yes, tragic. The tool next to me totally had his cup in my cup holder, I mean, it was clearly mine as it was on MY SIDE and since I was on an end, and ends have no cupholders, do the math and you'll see it was mine. Anyways, scoobydouche wouldn't move his stupid Mr.Pibb or whatever it was that fartknockers drink nowadays, because that would mean he'd have to ask the person next to him to move theirs. I was like "I have a freaking BEER here dude. I'm not even DRUNK right now---this is me SOBER. You really want to deal with this when I'm DRUNK?" Everytime you see a capital lettered word, that's me, in his face, yelling at him. So you know what he does? HE.IGNORES.ME. *puts hand up in a "NO HE DIDN'T* fashion* Yeah, that's EXACTLY how to deal with Obs. Ignore her. So you know what he got for the next three hours? Obs, glaring at him, steadily getting drunker----and talking loudly to Will about the "tool who steals young girls' cupholders" (shut up---I'm still young) and other hilarious quotes. My faves are:
"I don't even want to put my drink in there now. I just don't want YOU to put your drink in there. If you gave it up right now, I'd just stare at it and leave it empty, that's how crazy I am."
"I have no moral compass. I'd be sh***ing myself if I were you."
"I got nothing to lose. Will here brought bail money, so let's go."

Yeah---it was THAT bad. I also took pics of his face every time he turned in my direction (they came out badly, mostly due to the flash that went off in his face EVERY TIME) and I got pictures of his tool cup in my cup holder. He was like "Did you just take pictures of my cup?" I told him in my calmest scary voice "Sure did. By tomorrow, everyone is going to know what you did to George Foreman's daughter."

What? I could totally be his daughter. His really really white daughter. Who is part Pakistani. Shut up!

So yeah, the pics are forthcoming on my facebook page. Should be interesting. He actually looked all relieved there for a minute because the battery in my camera went out, but I just stared at him while I popped it open, licked the end and popped it back in. I had no clue that it would actually work and the sucker would come back to life. It looked freaking awesome though.

Oh---and the music was good too. What I could pay attention to anyways. I'm more about injustice when I'm drunk apparently. But Jon Bon Jovi's chest was made to lick things off of, and even though I'm as old as like his career, I'd still hit that. I'd.hit.that.hard.on.a.weekday.

Hey, anyone catch that I worked the words "hard" and "on" up there? Alllllriggghhhhtttt.

Ok...so TV crap----Shear Genius finale was horrible. I got robbed. Vamp Diaries still rocks. Anthony Bourdain, my fourth soon to be ex husband went to Maine (shout out to Becs) and OMG---I would go to Maine, not even say hi to Becs, just go and eat and come back. Seriously. I would totally diss Becs, FREAKING BECS, who everyone knows has the best boobs on here, I would diss her for Maine food. It's that good. Other than that, I've just been watching Malcolm in the Middle reruns whenever I get a chance. I gave up on Jaime Oliver's Food Revolution. It made me angry that schoolkids are eating that crap----I want that crap! They shouldn't get to have fries and stuff if I can't. Jerks.

Books-So I'm all done with BDB, Immortal After Dark, Sookie and almost done with Maccarick bros series. We have a BDB book in a couple of weeks, then a Sookie one in May, then a new IAD one in August I believe. Maccarick bros books----written by same chick who did IAD books, but nothing paranormal in them. But hot. And about Scottish highlanders. And they say "doona" a lot. "I doona want you to just lick it." Nnnniiiiicccceeeee. There's only like three books, so do yourself a favor and just read them. I am almost all done with Kyrian's book on the Dark Hunters front. I'm still saying I'm not a huge fan yet. Although they did mention Acheron a couple of times so far in the book. I can't peg what it is I'm not digging yet---I think because I've been inundated with some really hawt smut lately, this toned down sort of smut (and dialogue so far is a bit cheesy) I'm not as great a fan yet. But I've been told it gets better, so I'm going to give it a few more books before I make a final decision. And then I have Midnight Breed series, Carpathians and Anita Blake still to try on. Someone mentioned "The Immortal Series". What is this? Is it teen? If so---freaking count me out lol. Twilight made it very clear to me that my mind is just a big smut filled ball, and I need more than a fade to black scene.

Fanfic---I'm almost all caught up. MOTU----geez, how much longer can they milk this one? Bella is pretty whiney in general in most everything, but this Bella GRATES on me. I want bad things to happen I tell you. If you guys aren't reading Expectations and Other Moving Pieces, you should. No lemons or anything *gasp, I know*, but the story----ugh.....angst to the max. The Training leaves me wanting something better, as in no way is it nearly as good as The Dominant or Submissive. AngstyG's Company Loves Misery and The Cannabean Betrothal (another non lemon one so far) are awesome.

Alright. I feel I've bored you enough, so to all I send you sloppy kisses and used underwear. (Speaking of which----to Jon Bon Jovi, who I know reads this, because he's such a Twi fan---can you give me back my undergarments? I know I threw them onstage for you and all, but those Hanes Her Way Queensize were my best pair---they only had one hole at the waistband---and now I'm relegated to wearing my "cleaning panties".)

Smooch*
Obs
Goddess of all things Nacho cheese
Senator of the great state of Indecency
Mistress of Manwich

pss---I finally picked the quote for my next tat. It's going to be on the inside of my arm, like between the elbow and wrist. It'll say Amor Fati (which is funny, since everyone thinks it means "love fatties") which is a quote by Nietzche simply meaning "love your fate". Yes, I was going to go the fanfic route and do Je Ne Regrette rien, which means "I have no regrets", but the fact is---I have a freaking ton lol, so it doesn't make sense for me to have it.

Oh twell. At least I didn't get the latin quote for "That is a big bowl of corn you have". I kid you not----it was on a website.
Last edited by obieewok on Wed Apr 14, 2010 2:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Has anyone ever shown you the difference between good touch and bad touch? 'Cause I'd love to demonstrate. We could start right now.'"

Like my banner? Suck it. MRK made it for me.