Gen Y --The 20 something's thread

Off-Topic Forum for things having nothing to do with Twilight or the entertainment industry

Moderators: bac, cullengirl, una, Nena

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
Wingtear
Playing Thunderball

Re: Gen Y --The 20 something's thread

Post by Wingtear »

Ninna drops dead at the shock of both Kimmy and Rose posting again
*Ninna's dragon minions comes running with the crash-cart and starts doing CPR whilst cooling her tail*
... they're really here... *asks Ninna with trembling voice*
Yes.
Wohoo! *Ninna jumps up, full of energy once again*
Ninna ♥loves♥ when "lost" lexlings find their way back :mrgreen:
Banner and avatar by the amazing MRK
Nocturnal Lure
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by Nocturnal Lure »

Sidney has no idea when this whole 3rd person thing is done, but feels that one day would have been enough for fun... so this will be the last 3rd person post he does.

Sidney has a strong urge to post but really doesn't have anything to talk about. Since Sidney is in one of his melodramatic moods he has to be carefull not to whine though. Today is not a good dy for work Sidney decided this morning, today would be a good day for sleeping and gaming.

Sidney recently bought DragonAge: Awakenings for xbox 360 and is quite happy with it. It is one of the first expansions of an excisting game that actually ads tot the experience, this however does make Sidney want to go home. Sidney knows that tonight he has to kill collegues online on Halo3, but he will manage to get some DragonAge time in there as well.

Other then gaming Sidney has several more and even better reasons to want to be home. Three übercool cats who are in desperate need of playtime and off course his lovely wife (though she is currently at work) who he will invite for a mambo since our other appointment for this evening has canceled. And then there is his bed, which Sidney can actually hear, calling him... Sidney has stopped drinking coffee a few weeks back and now has to find other ways to stay awake at work.

Sidney will now try to focus on work again...

May the moon light your path,

Sidney
sachael
Cliff Diving with Embry
Location: Somewhere in Vegas having and argument with Riley Reynolds.

Post by sachael »

ninna better believe that Kimmy is POSTING AGAIN!!!
no reason for her not to. though we talk on FB and sometime twitter.
Kimmy says hi to Sidney. Your name reminds kimmy of her best friend. (she lives in sydney, au)
*offers handshake* kimmy here.

kimmy is glad that it finally rained. *happy dance* maybe her rain dance worked.
kimmy is trying to get over some guy who's not interested in her. but she can't herself from caring for that oblivious dude. kimmy's just being plain stupid.

on a lighter note. kimmy's doing a good progress in writing. ideas are coming in and i think she's happy about it.

later, kimmy will try to ready up, catch up on what she missed and try to be more responsive on the threads.

till next post maybe.

xx
ImageImage
Team J.ActionTwinnie:TillyWhitlock
A PROUD RANDIE and LEXLING
I Speak My Mindand i tweet too!
dimber
Fishing with Charlie

Post by dimber »

Chiara is in a melodramatic mood as well as Sid, so she'll try to avoid complaining about everything...the fact is she's going back to work on Monday and doesn't want to: she feels too weak and has too much nausea.
Chiara wishes she lived in a country where future and new mothers are safeguarded by law and not i a country where future mothers can stay at home only in case of life-threating illness. Moreover she's too upset with the substitute teacher who has done absolutely nothing with the students leaving double work for her to be done in May!!!!

Chiara thinks she's just started complaining so she'll try to pass to a new topic...first kiss, always very interesting :mrgreen: She gave her first kiss at 13, at a birthday party. The guy was gorgeous but a total jerk and broke her heart. Chiara thanks the guy anyway because he taught her to be suspicious of handsome guys 8-)

Chiara'd better go to eat something now. She's going to reproduce a McDonald's style hamburger but with healthier ingredients, Will she succeed?
...we are such stuff that dreams are made on...

CappuGirl
Teaching Eric Social Graces

Post by CappuGirl »

Mmm giggles at Sarah’s post. Mmm’s lucky number is 7 but maybe Mmmmmmm is a tad bit too long, so lets use Mmm, as in ”Mmm, Marabou” as in swedish chocolate. Ninna would know. Mmm might send it to some lucky people. Mmm actually sent it to her favorite actor for his birthday last October. Don’t laugh! It was Chris Marquette and the lovely ladies on the fansite had his address and wanted to send him a group-gift to remind him he does have fans even though the stupid casting people aren’t giving him work. He is that awkward transition of a child-actor trying to be taken as a serious actor; on his early 20’s, it’s hard to get work. Mmm just knows he’s gonna kick azz in a five years or so. Mmm knows he’ll be hot in his 30’s. Mark her words! Its a shame such talented actor isn't getting jobs...

BTW, Mmm caught the news the other day and learned that the Finnish post office will be forced to lower the price of international packages. This makes Mmm very happy, and some lexlings too, she thinks. ;)

Mmm thanks for the “cure all drink” recipe and is glad to inform she too would love to share the nurse-duty with Sarah. Mmm has no trouble with blood so she could take care of all the gore. After all, she’s used to it with being a mom and all. :D Mmm is getting over he flu now. Yay!

Mmm saw goddess Nigella fry some candy bars in her “Nigella bites” series and noticed that the guests ate the damn thing very fast and looked like they wanted seconds. This makes Mmm think if she’d want to try one some day. Probably not, since fried food irritates the Gerdy-named troll that lives in her belly.

Mmm liked the Eclipse trailer surprisingly much. Especially the extra long one that had the two trailers smashed to one. Again, the trailers are giving Mmm lots of hope for the film, but she fears the movie won’t live up to it’s promises, as happened with the earlier films. Mmm wishes every day that it was june already, and not just because she wants to read the novella already, but because every day she listens to Roxette and the song “june afternoon” is so damn perfect. Mmm is very much a june person. :D

Mmm is very excited for Sarah. Maybe a little envious too. Damn that girl gets all the fun! Mmm wishes she too could spend 3 months in another country; preferable Italy, Brazil or USA.

Mmm is so sorry she missed so much fun on Monday. Mmm read in the news that there was an FB group called BOOBQUAKE that had tens of thousands of women showing cleavage to proof that some nutty eastern European man was wrong when he said women cause earthquakes by showing cleavage.
Mmm also missed the “Remember your first kiss day”. Bummer. Better late than never. Mmm’s first kiss was when she was 6 years old and she was playing house with a boy. Maybe that doesn’t count. Then her first kiss would have been at 17 with her first boyfriend that she wishes she’d never met. Kissing him felt like getting licked by a dog. The man’s nickname was Mouth. His was about 3 times as big as Mmm’s. Yeah. No kidding.

Mmm wishes happy moving day for Jen!

Mmm is loving that she’s seeing Kimmy’s sexy SPN sig again. WOHOO!! She’s back. Lets hang on to her tight! Mmm has come to know this girl very well lately and she loves her!

Mmm wishes lots of Luck for Misty and Rose (and others?) for their finals! You’re all smart, don’t stress.

Mmm will try to learn from Sid that when feeling melodramatic, don’t whine. She hates herself when she whines. Then she’ll have a whine-hangover for days for doing it online and bringing other people down. TMI is also her problem and she needs to tie her self to her bed next time she’s feeling like that… Mmm’s hubs might like it. Unless he’d rather play with his xbox360… Hmm, Mmm isn’t really on a melodramatic mood today, more like giddy and naughty. She’s been tweeting silly and nasty things all day as Cappug…

Now Mmm really thinks she’s over done this post. Time to say goodbye and wish all the lexlings

HAPPY HUMPDAY!

Much love,
Mmm/Cappu
Nocturnal Lure
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by Nocturnal Lure »

Sidney is mildly frustrated at the moment...

Sidney was planning to get a Nerf foam dart gun, either the Longshot or the Vulcan. Yes we're talking toys here. The idea was to modify and restyle them like Sidney has done before with smaller models. It's fun... trust Sid.

The Elf Fantasy Fair usually sold the model I want for 50 euro's (something like 60 dollar) in the US the retail prize is actually 50 dollars ( something like 40 euro). Last weekend Sidney really intended to go and buy the thing, but the stand just wasn't there.

Now, today Sidney has been looking around where he could buy it in the Netherlands, but the only one he found was 89,00 euro's (over a hundred dollars) for the Vulcan and 75 euro's for the longshot... aaaarrrgh... and the fact that it is so hard to come by actually makes Sidney want the thing even more. Yes Sidney's weird that way.

Work today is about as interesting as watching paint dry, so no distractions there and due to the fact that Sidney forgot his meds today Sidney is feeling less then fantastic to say the least.

Sidney also said he wouldn't post in 3rd person anymore... well pfrrrt. :(
Wingtear
Playing Thunderball

Post by Wingtear »

Ninna makes a post for two reasons:
Ninna is not sure whether she likes the trailer or not... It looks good and all, but as Ninna feared, poor Taylor cannot live up to Ninna's mental Eclipse-Jacob. He looks too young, and not weary and scruffy enough
Ninna want to push this last page so that Sid can post in 1st person next time he comes here
blasphemous_contessa
Working in the Garage with Jacob
Location: The library...or work...course if I was at work I wouldn't be online, so I must be at a library

Post by blasphemous_contessa »

Today is Sami's quaddie Sydney's birfdae, she ist now fourteen. Happy birthday Squid/Syd/Yank/FUYANK!!!!!

Now, on to other things, what's the haps, yo?
That one's for Ianto. Risen Mitten, Life Knife, and that old classic...Stun Gun.
SenorGimp
I'm A Proud Twilight Guy

Post by SenorGimp »

Codaniel says Hi
That is all Codaniel has time for, he is a bad lexling, and he is sorry.
Codaniel lowers his head in shame, hoping for forgiveness
We Love Mumford And Sons!
1 of 2 Active Members of Team Gimp
Proud Member of the Gen Y Lexily
http://www.fanfiction.net/~senorgimp
Wingtear
Playing Thunderball

Post by Wingtear »

Ninna wasn't going to post, she even promised herself she wouldn't.
Then she saw Flaky's banner and had to.
*drop drool die*
It's gorgeous! And I'm not saying that just 'cos I love snowflakes. OK, maybe I'm a little biased. :roll: I've started looking ever so slightly for the flake that will symbolize pup on my body. Haven't found the perfect one yet, but I know I will.