Gen Y --The 20 something's thread

Off-Topic Forum for things having nothing to do with Twilight or the entertainment industry

Moderators: bac, cullengirl, una, Nena

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
Nocturnal Lure
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Re: Gen Y --The 20 something's thread

Post by Nocturnal Lure »

blasphemous_contessa wrote: Hi Whitney, I'm Sami, still not technically a 20-something until next Tuesday, but I post here for fun, and cuz it makes me feel more grown up
Hahaha, I actually post here because it makes me feel all young again. As for as 20-something goes, my "something" is a bit more something then the rest of us here.

Today is an interesting one, I have some intriguing possibilities laid out before me. I actually have a chance to make use of some store space (new age, beauty and wellness shop) to do regular mental coaching’s (for which I use tarot). It's an opportunity that might lead to something bigger, who knows maybe I can actually do the work I want, if this pulls through.

@ Dimber, though I am male, I prefer a female doctor. Somehow a female doctor seems more "caring" taking your problems more serious. It seems the male doctors I run into seem to think I am exaggerating my problems, oops I did have diabetes, oops I did have a large cist in my lower back, who would have thought I wasn't making it up... On both occasions it took a female doctor to figure it out.

Anyway, I am having a good morning and I hope all of you are too...

May the moon light your path,

Nocturnal Lure

CappuGirl
Teaching Eric Social Graces

Post by CappuGirl »

*sends good vibes to Chiara's way* and sunshine :D I hear it's a rainy day in northern Italy today.

We've got some sunshine but still lacking in the warmth-department. I guess it's about mediocre may for us. I hope the warmth comes fast and stays. No 5-day rains for me this summer please. *begs to heavens* Anyways, I'm glad to say that summer is on it's way. The sunset was around midnight last night. :) Only 1,5 months until it doesn't set at all. :D This makes me very smiley, though I'm pretty Gerdish today. Yesterday's stress effecting my body. Damn stress always sneaks up on me subconciously eve when I try all the damn relaxation techniques I ever found. I always get GERD worse when I've got a job interview. Was supposed to have one yesterday but it got cancelled due to someone's sickness. Now I'm waiting if they'll invite me to another time. fingers crossed!

Well, that wasn't the only reason I got stressed yesterday. I even started writing a post here about it but then hubs started looking over my shoulder so I stopped and deleted... probably a good thing. My post was getting pretty ugly. My friend's ex-husband shot himself last weekend. I didn't knwo him much, the little I did I didn't like him. He was scary with his madness and his crazy eyes-look he got often. My friend left him last fall after staying the last year with him just because he threathned to kill himself if she left. This was his 3rd try. Part of me is a bit relieved his crazy bum is out of my friend's life for good, but of course it always sad when someone dies. And he wasn't a good father but he did have two little sons. My heart aches for my friend. I think she's feeling guilty. She shouldn't since she's the only one who's been trying to get him help for his mental issues even after the divorce. Send some lexily superpowers to my friend's way...

Hmm, I don't want to pull you all down with me.. erm.. well, mother's day is coming. I can't help noticing since my daughter talks everyday about the awesome gift she's been making for me at school. She talks and talks and never really says what it is. Funny little thing. Surprise is always a surprise. :)

Welcome Whitney. When's your 20th birthday? :)

Paula, post a proper one! Everyone loves to read about you! :D Or your mysterious textmessages...? ;)

Good day to all!

SarahGoddard
Banging Out Dents with Tyler

Post by SarahGoddard »

Vicky I really hope you do get to see The Flynn. (Loving this as a nickname by the way!)

A lot of our Lexlings are going through really tough times at the moment. I’m thinking of all of you individually and as a group because I know sometimes people have stuff going on that they don’t necessarily share but still need good, strong, positive vibes to help them out.

Janny I think I will have a look on YouTube. I really like it as a word. Hope you and Sid both had an awesome fun Queensday?

Hi Whitney! Welcome to the wonderfulness that is the Lexily (Lex + Family) Dont be shy, jump right in. We’re a tight bunch but newcomers are always welcomed warmly into our ever expanding family.

Paula we’re special. We get special treatment because we’re amazing! I wonder how quick we can get to 200 pages! Yes, do tell us more about these mysterious text messages! :lol:

Fingers crossed for your exams and papers Ally!

Sami what did your mum get you? HAPPY BIRTHDAY by the way! Was it in the last few days? And presents arnt about how much they cost, entirely about the thought and meaning behind them so don’t feel bad about her Mothers Day present.
I think we had this discussion before but Mothers Day is on a different day in the UK compared to the States. I was a VERY bad daughter and actually missed it (I was in New York). I arranged for flowers to be delivered though.

Sami where’d your Doctor Banner go?

Chiara try not to worry about the male doctor. You might find he’s very calming and helpful. Fingers crossed he’s a sweetie and sets you at ease.

Sid you are and always will be young to us. Oloha means Lexily. Lexily means no-one gets left behind. (Who had that as their banner when Misty went on her Disney banner making rampage? Hehe)

Possibilities sound really great Sid. I hope everything works out well. I love it when opportunities present themselves! :D

Aww Maria. Thats horrific. I understand totally what you mean about being glad this person is now out of your friends life, just awful that its in such a horrible way. I hope your friend doenst feel guilty. We have no control over the inner workings of someone else’s mind, especially when that mind resorts to emotional blackmail at the very least. I hope she pulls through. I’m sure with the help of such a wonderful friend as you she will do.

Fingers also tightly crossed for your job interview.

Whats going on in Sarahs world? Hmmm *dum de dum de dum* Can’t get warm today. I have TWO heaters on next to my desk and I’m still freezing. Also woke up with a banging headache thats been on and off all day. I hope this doesn’t mean I’m coming down with something. *Groan* I don’t mind having the occasional day off sick to recuperate in bed (sometimes you really need it) But it is not fun if
a) You don’t get paid sick leave and
b) If there’s no one there to bring you a cup of tea or snuggle up with to keep you company while you watch crappy daytime telly.

On the plus note though after finally getting through to the tax office I’ve found out I’ve been overpaying tax for the last 2 years and should get a nice little sum through in the post. YAY! :D Just in time before I go to the States hopefully too.

One last thing before I go:

HUGE Congratulations to Snowflake for tomorrow! I'm proud of you! :mrgreen:

~1/2 of the infamous Snowgod~
Sarah just needs her Lexily to get her through the day.
Left her ♥ on the Gen Y thread, Rockin' the 3rd person!
:mrgreen:

BellaEdward4ever
Wandering Through Town

Post by BellaEdward4ever »

haha thanks lexily
Imagecredit fanpop

blasphemous_contessa
Working in the Garage with Jacob
Location: The library...or work...course if I was at work I wouldn't be online, so I must be at a library

Post by blasphemous_contessa »

Sarah: My mom got me this really nifty tarot box set that has the Rider-Waite AND Crowley-Thoth decks, a palm reading book, a BOS (Book of Shadows), a set of tarot dice, and a mat with all these yoga positions and tarot spreads and a zodiac wheel and all kinds of other nifty things printed on it. All I got her was star trek memrobilia, a pretty floaty skirt, and some cds. My birthday is on May 11, but my dad's, sister's, and brother's birthdays are all in may too so we just have one birthday party on the first.

(ack my punctuation is attrocious)

I was watching Doctor Who online yesterday, and all I have to say is AMY IS SUCH A SLUT!!, I got rid of my banner accidentally when I deleted Sydney's birthday message and I hadn't saved it to photobucket so I can't retrieve it, I'll just have to make a new one.

does anyone know how Obs' quest to seduce the temps is going?
That one's for Ianto. Risen Mitten, Life Knife, and that old classic...Stun Gun.

Ally_Cat
Hiding Lauren's Hair Dye

Post by Ally_Cat »

I Survived!! Woohoo I'm officialy a senior in college.
Thanks everyone for the support, good luck, and positive thoughts! I appreciate the good Lexily vibes :D

I will begin working on the messages I owe to people - Becs and Sarah I belive, if I'm owe someone else something let me know. My brain is still slow. It may take a little time, I still have to help out with graduation stuff on Thursday and Saturday.

Becs - PM what email you want me to use for future message exchanges.

I have to go take my car to the dealership - again - tomorrow because my check engine light turned on - again, its time 3 since Sarah was here visiting in march. I don't know what is going on with my car b/c last time they said there was an air lead in the gas cap, which they then replaced. So whats up now, car?

For the Supernatural fans: two of my friends have b-days right after each other, so we all celebrated both birthdays at the same time. They are both big Supernatural fans, so I made them the same gift - Supernatural Survival Kits. I sewed a little draw string bag that looked velvety, but was actually flannel. I included in it Rock Salt (pop rocks), Holy Water (bubbles), Dead Man's Blood (red semi-homemade candies), a Glo stick, a fake drink, and some Supernatural stickers I made from promos, stills, and icons. Being a college kid you can still but gifts at the dollar store and they are much appreciated, especially when you add a fun twist.

I can't think of anything else and can't remember what I was going to respond to. Sorry, but now I have time to keep up properly :D
The Volturi: Nora
Private Ophelia Grey of Jasper's Army
Team "Screw you freaks! I pick Ben!"
Gen-Y: The Lexily

blasphemous_contessa
Working in the Garage with Jacob
Location: The library...or work...course if I was at work I wouldn't be online, so I must be at a library

Post by blasphemous_contessa »

Congrats, Ally.

I'm glad everything worked out for you
That one's for Ianto. Risen Mitten, Life Knife, and that old classic...Stun Gun.

dimber
Fishing with Charlie

Post by dimber »

First of all, THANK YOU ALL FOR THE POSITIVE VIBES!!!! The Lexily power was successful again :mrgreen:

I went to see the new doctor and I must confess all my fears vanished within five minutes. He's very professional and made me very comfortable. Moreover, he gave me a list of blood exams to do, exams that the other doc regarded as completely useless and unnecessary. The new doc thinks most of them will be negative but I need to do them just to check if the baby and I are taking the right proteins, vitamines, etc etc. I'm very satisfied with his attitude because, though the baby is ok, he understood that it's very important that I'm ok as well to face the last month and the delivery in the proper way. He said I should rest as much as possible and gave me all the documents I need to stay home from work...it was a relief, I almost cried thinking about the extremely superficial and careless attitude of the other doctor. It's always awful when you feel a wreck and doctor say everything is ok and you should go on with your life, I know the feeling too, Sid, because I had the same problems with doctors because of my food intolerance. And my present situation is the result of it...anyway, I must say I found the same attitude you found in male doctor in female doctor. Maybe it's some sort of "opposite sex syndrome": male doctors care more about female patients and viceversa :mrgreen: I see it with my general doctor, a she: her behaviour with my husband is completely different...I guess this topic set a new trend in psychology studies :lol:

Anyway, I feel relieved now...the problems are still here and I can't deny them but now I know the new doctor will take care.
On saturday I will start a swimming course for pregnant women and I can't wait. Water is definitely my natural environment :D

Ally congratulations...well done!!! Though I'm out of college I'm studying myself for a diploma in cooperative learning and I must confess it's boring the pants off me. I thought it was an interesting topic but the files I'm studying are all about the historical and philosophical bases of cooperative learning: boredome at its purest :lol: Thank God I have a lot of spare time now...
...we are such stuff that dreams are made on...

obieewok
Banging Out Dents with Tyler

Post by obieewok »

*Obs swaggers in—peers around for nachos. Sees no nachos, nothing with guacamole on it, no cheese whatsoever. Cannot believe the Gen Y isn’t celebrating Cinco De Mayo. Obs had visions of every single one of them wrestling in queso or swimming in picante pools. Maybe my expectations were too high. Nope, can’t be that. Maybe lexy doesn’t know that this holiday was created for the sole purpose of being able to drink margaritas on a Wednesday.At work. And then send crazy emails to chief financial officers of said company with things like “Let me tell you something about yourself that you don’t know” and “I have no moral compass”. (Obs is rather a fan of that last one and uses it A LOT) Either way, lex-ers should be celebrating the fifth of May and all the queso it brings*

Um, happy Cinco de Mayo, or fifth of mayonnaise. I mean May. Actually, a fifth of mayonnaise doesn’t sound that bad right now.
Obs has had a hard week and it’s not getting better, at least not yet. To answer Sami’s question, YUDCT did have a life partner who was very MALE, so while I gave up trying to lure the young one I wanted a Rupert. You know, a Rupert Everett to my Madonna. Don’t you peeps watch movies? Anyways, I wanted a best friend who was male who said things like “That dress makes your calves look fat” and “Your feet look like hungry biscuits in those flip flops” and stuff. We’d stay up late listening to Judy Garland albums and going to the mall to stare at the window of the cinnabon store but not eat because we’d look better in our matching Juicy Couture velour sweat outfits.

Alas, I’ll never know if YUDCT would have filled this hole (snicker snicker). The “T” in his name stood for temp, and on Monday I arrived to find out that apparently temp isn’t short for tempting, as he was. It means temporary, and he was gone. No note, no vile of blood, nothing. Well, he left one Dora gogurt in the fridge, but I think it’s expired. I’m not going to let them throw it away though. Even though it’s beginning to mold and smell weird in the breakroom. But that’s the price we all have to pay I suppose. I miss him. He was the macaroni to my cheese. Or the ketchup to my spam. *Le Sigh*
Obs doesn’t feel well, so she’s going to go instead of boring you guys with horror stories involving how she thought, in a Tylenol induced state, she saw Greg Evigan working at the Jamba Juice inside of the mall, but it turns out upon further inspection (inspection=Obs grabbing dude’s collar and yelling “GREG EVIGAN! I LOVED YOU ON MY TWO DADS! YOU WERE MY FAVORITE DAD!”) that Jamba Juice employee was named Alejandro and from Portugal. Um, so yeah----Greg Evigan is still out there, evading me somehow. Be on the lookout though.
And on that note, I’m going to leave you to wonder who the freak Greg Evigan is.
Smooch,
Obs
Owner of the newest BDB book, thanks to Paulie
Greg Evigan Fan Club member (and president) and only member
People for the Ethical Treatment of Temps (Humanity’s Employed Monkies), or PETTHEM (yes, was a stretch, but it works I think)
"Has anyone ever shown you the difference between good touch and bad touch? 'Cause I'd love to demonstrate. We could start right now.'"

Like my banner? Suck it. MRK made it for me.

BellaEdward4ever
Wandering Through Town

Post by BellaEdward4ever »

hey guys happy cinco de mayo!!
Imagecredit fanpop