Gen Y --The 20 something's thread

Off-Topic Forum for things having nothing to do with Twilight or the entertainment industry

Moderators: bac, cullengirl, una, Nena

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
dimber
Fishing with Charlie

Re: Gen Y --The 20 something's thread

Post by dimber »

Good morning everybody!!

First of all, a big welcome to all the newbies!!!! I'm Chiara, 30, from Italy. I'm a teacher on leaving at the moment since I'm expecting a little hobbit at the end of October :mrgreen:

It's finally summer here and I'm already fighting with my low blood pressure. Ninna, share your pains with me, baby!! :mrgreen: I guess with the pregnancy low pressure is better then high pressure so I'm just using some little tricks to avoid major problems: I don't go out when it is too hot, I drink a lot, I eat a lot of proteins, I try to rest now and then. Regarding the heartbeats, Ninna, I have the same problems but the doc says it is probably related to the blood pressure and a little anaemia I've had all my life. So, don't worry...if they checked your heart and everything is ok it may be just something with no consequences at all. Maybe it's just the summer and the heat ;)

Yesterday I realised I won't be able to see the new Harry Potter in theaters because it will be released when I'm supposed to deliver the baby..........................I know it's stupid but I was a bit sad :roll: Then I realised too I will probably have no time to sleep, take a shower, go to the bathroom....who cares about HP????? :lol:

I've finally tried Fimo. I decorated two photoframes and made some phonestraps but I still need to polish them. I'll try to post some pictures on fb when I'm done. It's a bit difficult to work with fimo because it's easy to mix the colours accidentally. But I guess it's a matter of practice...

Bree story: I have decided to skip this one...maybe I'll read it online but definitely I won't spend a lot of money in shipping and VAT for a small book about a minor character. It has happened before with other authors such as Tolkien, or J K Rawling: a new book comes out just to keep the fans busy but the result isn't good at all. I bought the books by J K Rowling because some of the earnings were given to some charities. Is the Bree book related to some charity or something like that?

Jasmine: I'm sorry to hear about your sis-in-law. Isn't this kind of situation (illness, operations) regulated by work contracts? Here in Italy they cannot fire you for these things and the Trade Unions are very helpful when it happens...
...we are such stuff that dreams are made on...

jasmine
Hanging Up on Jessica

Post by jasmine »

It normally is, but she was in her trialperiod(2 days left), still, they knew about the operation when they hired her. Then again, i always thought it weird to see how many people worked in such a small store. apparantly they only figured that out now. Still....she was the assistent manager, i wonde rhow they are going to do without.

dear lexlings please read rant topic on facebook, i cant post it in public places :)

The Gen Y Rocks My Twilight Socks

Follow me @ http://gosh-makeup.blogspot.com/
TillyWhitlock
Playing Thunderball
Location: Wandering through the forest hoping to stumble upon Jasper

Post by TillyWhitlock »

Hey Newbies. I'm Tilly. I'll be 23 in .... Uh... Um... Today is the what? The 9th so... Three days. I live in PA and I'm pretty much the resident Ghost of the group. You'll see me pop in and out randomly, and my posts will probably end up being insanely long because I really have way too much to say when I stay away for long periods of time.

*Hangs Head in shame* I know. I know. I know. I'm not here ever, and I'm never on Facebook. But the good news is I am settled in my in-laws house. So I should be back here more regularly. (If writing and twitter allows me to come back) Things around here are... interesting. You remember that dog that I used to love all the time when I would go visit Shane's parents? Well.... he's become my shadow. I don't go anywhere unless he is right behind me, and he won't go anywhere without me unless I tell him it's okay. It's the weirdest thing possible. He even sleeps in bed with me and Shane at night. Not sure how I feel about that one yet.

Books: So I got sucked into reading the Vampire Academy Series. It's not bad. Not to mention I have a serious thing for both Christian and Dimitri. In addition to that, I started The Black Dagger Brotherhood series. I'm currently on the third book, Lover Awakened, and it owns my soul. Mind you, I'm only four or five chapters into it. There's just something about Z that kills me.

Music: Got the Eclipse soundtrack yesterday. It's not bad. Personally, I think it's easier to listen to than the New Moon Soundtrack. But that's just me. I'm also still in love with Breaking Ben, Three Days Grace, and 30STM. Breaking Ben's Dear Agony is probably one of my favorite albums thus far.

Fanfiction: Currently reading Summer of Salt. (I think that's what it's called) I started it last night, and it's a sweet story. Well not really. Edward's an jerk. But you know how it goes. Happy Endings are a must these days. But reading is something I very rarely do these days. Writing the stuff takes up so much time.

Television: Got in the habit of watching In Plain Sight, Burn Notice, Royal Pains, and White Collar. I need something to watch since NCIS and NCIS: LA are on rerun now. *Sighs*

Movies: Nothing new in the movie department. I have an unreal obsession with Vampires, so I watched Underworld and Underworld: Evolution last night. I love those movies. Scott Speedman also makes thing amazing.

There's nothing else to report. Hopefully I'll be around more often. But then again, I say that a lot and never come back around.
Garage,Bodyguard,APPC,EDC
"Drug" Dealer to THE 6. The price: One bottle of Honey or Syrup.

SarahGoddard~ The Best Lexling ever!
Twi-Twin=Kimmy
Wingtear
Playing Thunderball

Post by Wingtear »

Chiara, Bree's book do indeed give to charity, the red cross to be precise. I'm not all that interested in another vamp-story (duh, I'm a wolf-girl, hear me hooooowl...) but I'm craving anything that woman write with an fever that tops my sugar addiction... I just have to get that next fix... :roll:

Have anyone got a clue to what have happened to Honey? Her fb profile is gone, her posts deleted, I'm worried!
Banner and avatar by the amazing MRK
blasphemous_contessa
Working in the Garage with Jacob
Location: The library...or work...course if I was at work I wouldn't be online, so I must be at a library

Post by blasphemous_contessa »

jasmine wrote: dear lexlings please read rant topic on facebook, i cant post it in public places :)
I would love to but I don't have your facebook.

here's mine since fair is fair

my facebook
That one's for Ianto. Risen Mitten, Life Knife, and that old classic...Stun Gun.
Wingtear
Playing Thunderball

Post by Wingtear »

blasphemous_contessa wrote:
jasmine wrote: dear lexlings please read rant topic on facebook, i cant post it in public places :)
I would love to but I don't have your facebook.

here's mine since fair is fair

my facebook
Janny means on here: http://www.facebook.com/#!/group.php?gi ... 157&ref=ts
Banner and avatar by the amazing MRK
dimber
Fishing with Charlie

Post by dimber »

Wingtear wrote:Have anyone got a clue to what have happened to Honey? Her fb profile is gone, her posts deleted, I'm worried!
I realised that just a few minutes ago...and I'm worried too. She might have changed her options accidentally. On twitter 30 minutes ago she posted the following message:
HoneyGasparPattinson robloveshoney: seriously this is not me. hate it.
I tried to send her a twit back...let's see what happens. Maybe someone stole her accounts, unfortunately sometimes that happens :?

Anyway, just a quick message: I'll have a very busy day...I need to fix some burocratic things with my doc and the hospital for an ultrasound I'm supposed to do next week. Have a nice day everybody *hugs and kisses*
...we are such stuff that dreams are made on...

Nocturnal Lure
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by Nocturnal Lure »

Good morning Lexlot…

I am trying to send positive vibes all around, since I have spare today.

I have a client today for mental coaching and I am really looking forward to it, the guy I am helping is quite the challenge. Though I do fear some possibilities for psychological problems, in which case I will have to end him through… we’ll see.

Works is going to be hell today, it looks like a long and uneventful day, which is really tiring cause I have to keep paying close attention all the time… try counting stripes on a desolate highway when driving 8 hours in the dark. Not my job off course but the feeling is the same today. Still I’ve got vampire wars on facebook to entertain me.

Elections yesterday turned out a bit nasty…. I am trying to stay out of any political discussion on the work floor today and believe me that’s hard, it has even taken over the continuous chatter about the upcoming soccer world championships. I tend to get over zealous in political debate…

Still besides all that I am in a rather cheerful mood today, dunno why really…

May the moon light your path,

Sidney
pennybug84
Protector of Jacob's Honor

Post by pennybug84 »

TillyWhitlock wrote: Music: Got the Eclipse soundtrack yesterday. It's not bad. Personally, I think it's easier to listen to than the New Moon Soundtrack.
I too have it & have been listening to it. I agree it's easier than NM. And right now I'm thinking that TW's going to be my favorite of the 3. But who knows my opinion could change after seeing the movie & knowing where the songs fit & once I get to know the songs better. My fav song is definitely Neutron Star Collision. It's just a great & awesome song. Muse is awesome. Their song is my fav on the NM soundtrack too. So I really hope that they'll be on the BD (and hopefully BD2) soundtrack.

I just had an interesting thought/image I guess while listening to the song Let's Get Lost. I'm thinking song might/could be played when Bella is trying to seduce Edward. I was listening to it & it just came to me & I started laughing. I could be wrong. Who knows when these songs will be played.

It rained here AGAIN. This has got to be one of he wettest end of spring/beginning of summer that we have ever had. It's rained almost everyday for about two weeks! And that's very abnormal for us. And there hasn't even been any good thunderstorms. I love good thunderstorms. But there have been some beautiful rainbows which I love.

I'm tryinng to decide what to read next. I'm not interested in reading the Vampire Diaries or Vampire Academy. I don't usually read vampire books. That is until Twilight of course. And the only reason I decided to give it a chance was because my sister-in-law told me about them & specifically said it's not like your "normal" vampire books. (And that it was a romance between a vampire boy & human girl.) So I read them & the rest is history. I'm thinking I might read BD again. I've slowly read all of the books again over about the last year in order & the last one I read was EC. Then I can have some more time to figure out what to read. Maybe I should read HP again. The last time I read those was back when the last one came out so it's been a few years. Decisions decisions. I can be very indecisive sometimes.

Well hope you all have a good rest of your week!!
"She doesn't know what she wants" - Jacob Black "Yeah she does!" - Rob Pattinson
SarahGoddard
Banging Out Dents with Tyler

Post by SarahGoddard »

Hello all!

Not even going to attempt to make excuses for not posting in umpteen pages. I skimmed but didn't actually catch anything other than there are a lot of new faces.

HIYA NEWBIES! (Well not so new anymore I suppose...) I'm Sarah, 23, technically from London but currently residing in FORT COLLINS, COLORADO FOR THE SUMMER!

Yes I'm here, had a nightmare journey due to my own abysmal lack of planning ("What does she do for a living. Event Organiser - logistics? Hell if shes ever planning my event..."

Having an awesome time here! Codaniel is as amazing as ever. There was much squeeing and excitedness when I (eventually) rocked up. Do you know what he did for me? He made me Fish and Chips! Ok to anyone not British (Ie Everyone except Becca and Vicky) that is AMAZING! And especially after he teased me about having ordered pizza with pineapple which he knows I detest but would've eaten anyway. :D

FYI newbies - Codaniel is SenorGimp here on the Lex although he also hasn't posted in a while. We met on here and well...yeah the rest is history! hehe

Ok so I majorly apologise for having no idea on whats going on in anyone else's lives at the moment. I will do my best to stay in better contact.

Um seeing as I havntread anything I have nothing to respond to so this is a pretty sucky "mememe" post. Apologies :( But I think of my lovely wonderful Lexily frequently and love you all VERY much even if I'm not activly online too much.

(Hopefully) be back soon.

Love and huggles!

~Sarah~
~1/2 of the infamous Snowgod~

~1/2 of the infamous Snowgod~
Sarah just needs her Lexily to get her through the day.
Left her ♥ on the Gen Y thread, Rockin' the 3rd person!
:mrgreen: