Gen Y --The 20 something's thread

Off-Topic Forum for things having nothing to do with Twilight or the entertainment industry

Moderators: bac, cullengirl, una, Nena

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
twilight813
Ignoring Renee's E-Mails

Re: Gen Y --The 20 something's thread

Post by twilight813 »

I haven't seen it yet but I will probably wait till it comes on Netflix since I never have time for anything lol.
Avi by Shel
Sisterhood of the Traveling Book
GM of Wingtears Non Veggie Vamp Cafe Member of Wingtears High Council
Gen Y Thread is <3
therealmrswhitlock
Banging Out Dents with Tyler

Post by therealmrswhitlock »

Seen it, loved it, going to find the fb spoiler thread so I can discuss it more. David Yates is the only director besides whoever did the first two who didn't completely murder the books. Plus the screenwriters did a good job.
Left my heart on the Gen Y thread....<3 my Lexily!
How could anyone say no to this face? Awww....
Dazzled_by_Cullens
Touched By Cold Hands

Post by Dazzled_by_Cullens »

Well as most of you Lexlings have heard I got engaged last night. =) I am just so excited and happy and floating on cloud nine and really didn’t expect that last night at all! I was so surprised and in shock when it happened.

OK detail details….yes I am functioning on all but like 4 hours of sleep from the giddiness of it all and not being able to sleep…..so let see where do I start. ….well Bryan and I had a wonderful weekend. I was starting to feel a bit better after being really sick for about 2 and a half weeks. We went out to see Harry Potter last night and then went out dinner. But before that we killed like a few hours in target walking around getting things (I could spend forever in there) so basically Bryan had been carrying around the ring in his jacket pocket for like 8 hours. Then after movie/dinner. He took me to our favorite local coffee shop-Biggby Coffee. We seriously are not addicts and don’t go there 3-4 times a week, no not at all. OK, OK so they know us by name and all and as us when we come in they ask us do you guys want your regular drinks today? Haha. Yes it is our “Cheers” so to speak.

So we get our drinks and go and sit in the super comfy chairs by the fireplace and were just chatting and Bry seemed lost in thought…when I asked him what are you thinking about. Then he repeated back to me you want to know what I am thinking about……That is when he got down on bended knee, pulled out the ring box and said so many wonderful things, but something along the lines of “I am thinking that I love you so much, I want to spend the rest of my life with you and would you do the honor of marrying me?” At first I was all “are you serious????” Because not that we hadn’t talked about this, but that I thought this wouldn’t be happening for months!!! SO he really really SURPRISED ME and then of course I was like YES YES YES!!! And starting crying a little bit and just hugged him and kissed him, and from that point on there was like a perma-smiled glued to my face for the rest of the nite. Everyone in the coffee place then started clapping (and I was like ohhh yeah there are people here) hahaha and were saying congrats, etc etc. We went back up to the counter talked to the girl/worker who we know pretty well and she was like you want more free drinks on the house….um no rain check (seeing as how this was our 2nd stop in there of the day since we had already gone there that morning….yep see I told you we go there all the time) So it really was the perfect proposal to me! Our place-was the perfect spot –and knowing me so much and what would be special to me, really did mean the world to me. Knowing that I am not an over the top grandiose Eiffel tower, “pie in the sky” romantic girl. Don’t get me wrong I love romance, but too me that was very romantic and thoughtful and perfect for me.

And of course I love the ring because it was one that I had saw and sort of told him about it, nothing over the top with how some of the rings are getting these days. Just very much me and I love it and more importantly I love him very much. And can’t wait to spend the rest of my life with him….OK very mushy mushy……but yes just thought I would get the details and the scoop down here. No wedding planning mode right now. We are just enjoying the engagement and will get there. Not that we haven’t talked of little things already. Like prob a fall 2011 wedding etc…but nothing crazy. So one thing at a time . Floats back up onto her cloud….xoxoxoxo
I left my heart on the Gen Y thread...I my LEXILY
MRK
Fishing with Charlie

Post by MRK »

That's great news Megan...I'm very happy for you and Bryan...always have been, always will be. I always knew you two would be great together. :)
animegaijingirl

Post by animegaijingirl »

X
Last edited by animegaijingirl on Sun Mar 01, 2015 6:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
twilight813
Ignoring Renee's E-Mails

Post by twilight813 »

Megs- I am seriously so happy for you and I can't believe I didn't see it on facebook earlier!!! I wish you and Bryan all the love and happiness in the world. Being engaged is awesome and amazing and seriously enjoy every single second of it. I still feel like I am on cloud nine and I have been engaged for 6 months lol!!! You need to post a picture of the ring somewhere! Best of luck to the both of you! <3
Avi by Shel
Gen Y Thread is <3
jasmine
Hanging Up on Jessica

Post by jasmine »

Awww im so happy for you! *does a little dance*

congratulations!!!! :)

Please keep us up to date on everything about the upcoming wedding, and be sure to enjoy every minute of it !

The Gen Y Rocks My Twilight Socks

Follow me @ http://gosh-makeup.blogspot.com/
SarahGoddard
Banging Out Dents with Tyler

Post by SarahGoddard »

Already done much squeeing on Facebook and the phone but....SQQQUUUUUEEEEEEE!!!! :D

SOOO happy for you McMegs! Cant wait to hear the rest of the plans!

As I said on Facebook we have SO much to thank the Lex for.

Mods and creators: Note to you :mrgreen:
You are amazing. You have no idea the impact the Lex has had on our lives. Couples getting together, friendships forged, lifetime adventures begun and goodness knows how many giggles, games and randomness!

Most of us found the Lex when we were at low points in our lives. I dont think any of us could imagine the impact it has then had on us. I for one am so grateful. Thank you :D

~1/2 of the infamous Snowgod~
Sarah just needs her Lexily to get her through the day.
Left her ♥ on the Gen Y thread, Rockin' the 3rd person!
:mrgreen:
twilight813
Ignoring Renee's E-Mails

Post by twilight813 »

I agree with Sarah. I know I haven't always been around , but I met some of the most amazing people ever on the Lex! I hope to one day meet all you girls in person.

Megs- If you ever need anything let me know! I feel like a professional wedding planner right now! lol
Avi by Shel
Gen Y Thread is <3
bac
Mesmerized by her own Dr. Cullen

Post by bac »

Congratulations Dazzled! That is very exciting.

And I feel the same way you guys do, I have met lifelong friends on here. I was in a low place too when I joined the Lex, and I still have ups and downs, and the friends I have met here have been just what I needed.
by Laniyeah on photobucket