Gen Y --The 20 something's thread

Off-Topic Forum for things having nothing to do with Twilight or the entertainment industry

Moderators: bac, cullengirl, una, Nena

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
obieewok
Banging Out Dents with Tyler

Re: Gen Y --The 20 something's thread

Post by obieewok »

Um.....is this thing on?

Alright. I know I owe like seventy people explanations for all sorts of BS and have a backlog of facebook and emails to respond to. I know I suck at staying "on the grid" and I don't think I've been on here in like a freaking year. So I figured I'd swing by, try to remember my password, suck at that, get locked out, get new password, forget that one and then finally get on and speak. So here I am.

I'm off the grid. This means I haven't really had time for facebook, emailing, etc. Or showering or shaving my legs, etc. This has been an extremely hard year, and I'm totally blaming the economy. Ever wonder why so many people blame the economy for everything bad? Get an expired sandwich from the vending machine? Economy did it. Lose it on a coworker that keeps calling you "Terrance"? The economy totally made you punch him in the face. Interesting.

But seriously - because of the huge suckage of lay offs and bs, life this year has been sucky. Hubs lost his job in June, and at the time this goes to press, is still unemployed and has exhausted all unemployment benefits. I on the other hand have two jobs. Thus - the off the grid stuff above. I just haven't had time to answer anyone or do anything! I keep in touch with Halls because that's my homey and we talk on the phone and stuff, but because I need moolah for Christmas I'm doing some data entry stuff when I'm not working. I'm tired, cranky, and not like super fun to be around during the week. Regular job is still awesome, and I got a promotion and all a month ago, so I'm happy. But remember I have two kids that not only get Christmas toys, but they both have birthdays right after it as well. So the second job was a neccessity, and it's only until Christmas so it's no big deal.

I'm not going to go into all my personal drama other than to say this: When you marry someone, remember that it's through good AND bad. Not just one. So when things suck, you don't run. There's been a lot of bumps and hiccups along the road this year, but I think at the end of it, everything will be good.

Don't worry about me losing my sense of humor. If anything, being a broke biznatch has given me even more fodder. I can do things with saltine crackers that would make you weep.

I'm taking some time off (I know- you are sitting there going "WTF? She is taking MORE time off?") from facebook and stuff to just enjoy what time I do get with the kids and stuff. If you sent me an email, no worries - I'll get to you. Some *cough Becs cough* epic responses, and I just haven't had the time yet, but will soon. I'm not ignoring anyone I promise. I'm just a super freaking hawt commodity in the industry now.

By the way, shameful mom plug here: Alice turns freaking ONE YEAR OLD on the 28th. You were all there (not literally, since I charge people to see my bits) when she was born and I think it's awesome that even though it's been almost a year, you guys still truly mean a lot to me. We went through childbirth together biznatches! Lulu turns freaking 4 on Jan. 8. My how the time flies and reminds you you are old as dirt.

Favorite kid moment: Lulu now walks around singing "Flightless Bird" by Iron and Wine from the first Twi movie (yes, she of course loves the thing.) and in her version it's :

"Have I pounded you
Fightless Birth
Jello,
Sweeping
Or lawsuit
A merriment mouse
Big pill, looting"

That's like a freaking political statement folks. Fightless Birth? A Merriment Mouse? And all those dang big pills, looting.

I miss you all and if I don't get a chance to tell each and everyone of you - I hope whatever your holiday brings is full of whatever you want it to be; Mario Lopez's with no shirts, Tats with crying clowns on your forearms, whatever - Just be happy.

The girl who totally stole Stella's Groove, only to find she didn't really want that groove,

Obs
"Has anyone ever shown you the difference between good touch and bad touch? 'Cause I'd love to demonstrate. We could start right now.'"

Like my banner? Suck it. MRK made it for me.
MRK
Fishing with Charlie

Post by MRK »

It's official: Baby angels taste like a new Lex post by Obs! ;)

So glad you dropped by, we've missed you bunches and bunches!

I really can't believe AR will be a year old...it's crazy! And you're right about marriage...you're stuck with em even when it sucks! ;)
*raises her kids sippy cup of juice* "Here's to a new, happier, more financially stable, stress-free year!"

Missed you! drop in again (even if you arent feeling funny...we'll still <3 ya!)
Wingtear
Playing Thunderball

Post by Wingtear »

*raises pup's BPA-free plastic night bottle and chimes it to Misty's and Obie's cups* CHEERS! KIPPIS!
Banner and avatar by the amazing MRK
ihadanEdwardRush
Helping Mike to Get a Clue

Post by ihadanEdwardRush »

awwww Obs super missed you!! Thanks for posting! Thanks for letting us know what's up with you. Hope everything will be great in the end. And I love Lulu's version of Flightless Bird. I'm singing it right now!! lol

Miss you!!! <3 <3 <3
Banner by the fabulous MISTY!!! (yeah she rules!)
A proud part of the Gen Y Lexily! <3 my lexlings
jasmine
Hanging Up on Jessica

Post by jasmine »

an OObs post...that made my day, after i just had a heartattack...

lemme explain...today i have to work in the evening, which makes today sleep in day...so i was reading my new BDB book in bed...when the airalarm went off. normally not so weird, it goes off every first monday of the month at 12 o clock. it took me 30 sec to realize its friday... and then my heart stated pounding....

So i flew down the stair, put on the tv and started up the laptop. apparantly it wasnt Too bad.. a big fire in a tirecompany that had loads of rubber, pvc and chemicals, made them turn on the airalarm. all windows and doors must stay clsoed till 15:00(its now 12:25). not just in nour city, bit in the city where sid works aswell....and i cant reach him. :(

I called work, because i know we dont hear the airalarm very well or not at all. and as i suspected, they didnt know.

*sigh* hopefully, this will turn out ot be nuthing, but buildings have been evacuated and some kids on a school nearby have turned sick..

The Gen Y Rocks My Twilight Socks

Follow me @ http://gosh-makeup.blogspot.com/
animegaijingirl

Post by animegaijingirl »

x
Last edited by animegaijingirl on Sun Mar 01, 2015 6:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
MRK
Fishing with Charlie

Post by MRK »

I don't know about you all but giving really gets me in the Christmas spirit!! There is a group near me that takes in gently used and new toys and checks them, puts batteries in them, wraps them, and then delivers them to families in need in our area...I just unloaded a bunch of stuff to them and it made me so excited to see how excited they were!!
Then the boys and I spent last night wrapping their teachers presents and they brought them in today and they were just GLOWING with the excitement of giving someone a present! I love it!!
Tonight I'm bringing them up to the dollar store so they can each pic out presents for grandparents, aunts and uncles, etc...so this should be really fun watching what they pick (if its toys...which they want or something they think an adult would want) and then to see them attempt to wrap them is going to be great fun!!!
This time of year is the best!! Anyone have any Christmas plans???
twilight813
Ignoring Renee's E-Mails

Post by twilight813 »

That's so cute Misty!!

I love giving too. It totally makes me feel good. Greg and I split our time between both families on Christmas so we have a busy day. Christmas Eve we always have at my mom's house and this year will be different because she is in her apartment now.

Today we have extended family Christmas at my in-laws house so that should be fun. I love this time of year!!

Ok so I have a dilemma... I had asked Greg's best man's fiance to be in my wedding party and she asked me to be in hers. For some reason though she has stopped talking to me. I had a small graduation party and she barely said anything to me. She just sat on the couch and played with my cats. Now I don't know what to do. Why should we be in each others wedding if she won't even talk to me. Should I say something to her or just let it go? I don't even know. It really is frustrating because we used to be friends and talk and now it's hardly anything.
Avi by Shel
Sisterhood of the Traveling Book
GM of Wingtears Non Veggie Vamp Cafe Member of Wingtears High Council
Gen Y Thread is <3
MRK
Fishing with Charlie

Post by MRK »

The best advice I can give...to avoid misunderstandings and micommunication...is to talk to her about it. Ask her if something changed because you've noticed she had gotten quiet and if anything was bothering her. She just may have felt shy, or quiet, or sad that day.
Something may be on her mind...or she may just feel overwhelmed by the the holidays and weddings etc...give her a chance to explain herself...you'll probably find it was nothing :)
twilight813
Ignoring Renee's E-Mails

Post by twilight813 »

I emailed her, but I haven't received anything back yet. I don't know why I even care so much but the fact we are in each others wedding bothers me. Like don't expect me to want to be in your wedding if your not talking to me.

I can't believe its 6 more days till Christmas!!! I still need to buy a few things too!! I need to get Greg a few gift cards and some stocking stuffers. I also have to get my mom a new robe. She has had one forever and it's time for a new one lol.
Avi by Shel
Sisterhood of the Traveling Book
GM of Wingtears Non Veggie Vamp Cafe Member of Wingtears High Council
Gen Y Thread is <3