Gen Y --The 20 something's thread

Off-Topic Forum for things having nothing to do with Twilight or the entertainment industry

Moderators: bac, cullengirl, una, Nena

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
TwilightFan87
Finding a Nice Guy for Angela

Re: Gen Y --The 20 something's thread

Post by TwilightFan87 »

I definitely feel the same way. Very thrown off and struggling under all the last minute prep! So at least we can commiserate together :)

Ah, the food was good but not a big selection...when it was sunny for like a week I seriously thought about Edward not being able to attend school..:P Washington is pretty, just rains a lot.

Iron Man 3 was great...RDJ does a great job with the character :)

I think we're planning on Star Trek next week.
Kat_Mac
Learning to Love Green

Post by Kat_Mac »

Misery loves company I guess! :lol: I hope yours has eased up some!

Haha I can totally understand that! Every time I re-read the book I wait for the rain, just to think hmm... Vampires are out and about somewhere right now!

I STILL haven't seen it. I don't know where time goes.

Did you catch Star Trek? Was it any good?
TwilightFan87

Post by TwilightFan87 »

Kat_Mac wrote:Misery loves company I guess! :lol: I hope yours has eased up some!

Haha I can totally understand that! Every time I re-read the book I wait for the rain, just to think hmm... Vampires are out and about somewhere right now!

I STILL haven't seen it. I don't know where time goes.

Did you catch Star Trek? Was it any good?
It's been off/on..Jason caught another cold (not his fault this time, his boss was sick and they sit near each other :D), so I of course caught it. I'm finally back in the 'zone' study wise and have been struggling with functions again, big surprise. How are you going?

Time goes fast when you study? Star Trek was GREAT..Chris Pine is a hottie and does a great job with Captain Kirk.

Ah, Twilight. Forever changing what I think about rain :)
Kat_Mac
Learning to Love Green

Post by Kat_Mac »

Oh no, that's the thing with colds once one person has one everyone else in the world catches it! Hopefully you're both well now? Have you thought about booking another test day?
I'm good, it's strange to be finished! I've been between home and uni, doing bits and pieces and tying things up. Waiting for my certificate! And job hunting, which is about the most soul crushing thing in the world!

I finally saw Iron Man 3! I really enjoyed it, and I thought Ben Kingsley stole his scenes.

That's very true :lol: don't mind it half as much now!
TwilightFan87

Post by TwilightFan87 »

Kat_Mac wrote:Oh no, that's the thing with colds once one person has one everyone else in the world catches it! Hopefully you're both well now? Have you thought about booking another test day?
I'm good, it's strange to be finished! I've been between home and uni, doing bits and pieces and tying things up. Waiting for my certificate! And job hunting, which is about the most soul crushing thing in the world!

I finally saw Iron Man 3! I really enjoyed it, and I thought Ben Kingsley stole his scenes.

That's very true :lol: don't mind it half as much now!
I loved Ben Kingsley in this movie..so weird because I mainly know him from Tuck Everlasting, so to see him as a weird guy was hilarious. I'm still a major RDJ fan though!

My test was taken on June 7th, I forgot I didn't tell you! I passed successfully which is awesome and then we went to California for a week! We got back last night and I'm happily home..is Gordon Ramsay a big thing over there? I recently discovered Kitchen Nightmares on Netflix and have been obsessed for weeks!

Congrats on graduating!!! When does your diploma arrive? How is job hunting going? I've decided not to pursue anything in Early Childhood quite yet..hours at the store are increasing and I've been working with a friend of mine who owns a cleaning business so I'll stay busy..not to mention finally having time to clean my house!
Kat_Mac
Learning to Love Green

Post by Kat_Mac »

I haven't seen him in much else, so he was sort of unspoiled! I thought the acting in general was really good though.

Ahh!! Congratulations :D well done you!! I bet you're really relieved, and a holiday to California is certainly a good reward! What's next for you?
Gordon Ramsey is quite huge over here yeah, he's had like three different shows I think! I'm not a huge fan but I hear from those who are that all of his shows are good. :)

Thank you! I can officially say that I'm qualified, but the actual proof doesn't arrive for a while yet (they're not sure of the dates) and the graduation ceremony isn't until February. Ridiculous! Officially I have graduated, but I can't actually celebrate that with my uni until February for reasons that make no sense... English educational systems aren't always sensible.

As long as you're enjoying the work you're doing you're okay though! :)
TwilightFan87

Post by TwilightFan87 »

Kat_Mac wrote:I haven't seen him in much else, so he was sort of unspoiled! I thought the acting in general was really good though.

Ahh!! Congratulations :D well done you!! I bet you're really relieved, and a holiday to California is certainly a good reward! What's next for you?
Gordon Ramsey is quite huge over here yeah, he's had like three different shows I think! I'm not a huge fan but I hear from those who are that all of his shows are good. :)

Thank you! I can officially say that I'm qualified, but the actual proof doesn't arrive for a while yet (they're not sure of the dates) and the graduation ceremony isn't until February. Ridiculous! Officially I have graduated, but I can't actually celebrate that with my uni until February for reasons that make no sense... English educational systems aren't always sensible.

As long as you're enjoying the work you're doing you're okay though! :)
Thank you :) I just found out my diploma mailed on Friday (I guess it pays to graduate in their off season..my scores just arrived this past week to the school) so it's really done!!

What's next is up to God I suppose..I'm enjoying my free time like no other (I actually have time to read for fun!) and getting my house organized..I've picked up more hours at the store and with a friends' cleaning business and then occasional hours for my FIL..as long as I stay busy and keep the house organized, Jason's happy. I'm still mulling the idea of working with kids but I'm not putting any pressure on myself to get out there yet. We've realized that working full time doesn't work for me, I get tired and the house falls apart.

Wow, that would drive me nuts to have to wait that long. I know I could've technically done the ceremony with my class at my uni a few weeks ago but it didn't make sense to fly to Virginia and do the ceremony with a bunch of strangers. Are you going to at least have a grad party?

Good luck with the job hunt..!

Do you have a Facebook?
Wingtear
Playing Thunderball

Post by Wingtear »

Hello dear friend and sanctuary!
It has been too long since we last saw each other and I take full responsibility for that. Tonight my errand here is of a more somber note. I am here to say good bye and thank you for the ride.
It was the awesomest ever! Thank you for the insanity!
Tomorrow I turn to the dark side (the 30-somethings) and I fear there is no going back from that :heartbroke:
You will forever be in my heart, there is no one like you!
Keep rocking the world of the 20-somethingers :mrgreen:
Banner and avatar by the amazing MRK