Gen Y --The 20 something's thread

Off-Topic Forum for things having nothing to do with Twilight or the entertainment industry

Moderators: bac, cullengirl, una, Nena

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
Dazzled_by_Cullens
Touched By Cold Hands

Re: Gen Y --The 20 something's thread

Post by Dazzled_by_Cullens »

Hello peps….I know I have been a terrible lex poster lately. But summer always seems to get the best of me as usual. I see the summer long days and always make the most of them. However, I have been tackling a project or sorts in the kitchen also known as painting the hood over the stove…..yep you read that right. It is very comical to say the least. Why would I paint the hood of the stove you ask. OK well…here is the States we have these little jelly type window clings for holidays such as Christmas, Valentines’, Halloween, etc. So I put ones on the hood of the stove for Halloween bats and the word boo, only had them up for 2 weeks, never thought anything of it. When I went to take off the clings they stained the hood of the stove with the impression of the word BOO or the image of the bats. So no matter what cleaning product I used I couldn’t get them to scrub off. Soooo…….need less to say I need to get the images removed so I decided to spray paint the hood of the stove the original color over the images and yeah that has been “FUN” *rolls her eyes* Just want to let you know ladies and gents…..spray paint carries everywhere….no matter what you do!! I mean the crap is everywhere in the apartment. There is literally a film of spray paint on all the furniture. How do I know this well when I went to move a coaster on the coffee table you can see the outline of the coaster. It looks just like a dust line, but no it is a small faint paint line. Luckily this has been coming off with the Mr. Clean Magic Eraser thing….but imagine MAGICE ERASERING YOUR WHOLE APARTMENT!!!! I mean seriously. And not to mention that the hood still doesn’t look that great….but ohhhh well. I tried my best. And worst come to worst hopefully they won’t notice *crosses her fingers* LMAO!!! But I tried my best at being handy and doing it myself.

Also, had a girls weekend with my mom and sister and did a lot of shopping and got some more things. New makeup, jeans, a top, and a dress and shoes for VEGAS!!! Going to Vegas in the fall with my boyfriend. So I can’t wait. And I also can wear the dress and shoes again for a wedding I am going to 3 weeks later….so lots of use out of it. I need to get pics posted of all my cute shoes I swear-LOL

PENNY/VICKY-Ahhh I almost forgot MOCKINGJAY was coming out….thanks for the reminder!! LOVE THE HUNGER GAMES!!!! =)

ALLY….NEW PROJECT RUNWAY STATS I THINK THIS THURSDAY!!!!!!

MISTY-ONLY 100 pages into the new sookie book….haven’t had a ton of reading time, but I am liking it so far….sorry for my pitiful former book worm self. But I am hoping to get more reading done this week =)

LILY-HAPPY BIRTHDAY EARLY SWEETIE!!!
I left my heart on the Gen Y thread...I my LEXILY
Lieziewiezie
Ignoring Renee's E-Mails

Post by Lieziewiezie »

Hope you feel better now Jasmine.

I'm excited for the 3rd hungergames book too. They're a fun read. Read both of the first ones in a day each.
Thanks MRK for the banner!
Is a proud part of the Gen Y Lexily to escape reality!
xhopeonaropex
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by xhopeonaropex »

Hey guys

It's Hope. I'm back around. I know it's been a while, but lots has happened. But at least I got internet at my place!!! Yaaaaaaayyyyyy. Really missed being on here. Can't wait to catch up with y'all

Lotsa Love

Hope <3

PS FYI if you live in LA there's a Hunger games event on Wednesday night in Borders Pasadena at 6 pm!!! Getting ready for the release of Mockingjay!! Squeeeeeeee
bored by the sea
Hanging Up on Jessica
Location: United Kingdom where the weathers like Forks pretty much alll the time

Post by bored by the sea »

megs dude that spray paint sounds like the root of all evil! ha ha, hope you managed to get the covering of it removed from every surface of your apartment. dont worry no ones really been posting here all that much, guess everyones enjoying the summer, i would be if it wasnt humid and cloudy outside at the mo :lol: yep whoop for the hunger games, im on chapter 4 of Catching Fire at the mo and its ace! can't wait for mockingjay.

ha i never realised exactly how many people here loved the hunger games as well... good times :)
"If your life was all you had to give your beloved, how could you not
give it? if it was someone you truly loved"- Breaking Dawn
**TEAM EDWARD**
Ally_Cat
Hiding Lauren's Hair Dye

Post by Ally_Cat »

I too have been a bad lexy poster :|
Nothing exciting is going on here, I'm just working on my last summer class - Astronomy. I enjoy the subject, but it is really boring sitting still for 2 hours being lectured at.
I'm working on some projects, mostly crafty stuff ( a cross stich for my friend b-day next month) and using some new cooking recipes. I'm also trying to catch up with some tv shows and movies before school and campus organization's training starts up in a couple weeks.

Jasmine: I'm sorry you got a migrane. I completely understand all the heat (and humidity here) gives me the works headaches and makes me feel so sick. I hate this weather, I can never get much done because I wear out too fast.

HUNGER GAMES!! : I love these books! Cannot wait for Mockingjay. I wish we had a book event here.

Megs: Project Runway!! I've seen some comercials for it and I hope it is better than last season. We will have to facebook message again.

Megs & Misty: I recently read the new Sookie book. It was another good, not my favorite - that would have to go to the ones with the tons of Eric moments haha - but another good addition to the overal story in my opinion. Hope you enjoy it Meg :D

Music Advice/Suggestions: So I'm really tired of the music on American radios right now. Probably like every where, it is the same stuff over and over and I don't really like most of it. Then there is my music that I've listen to so much I need so fresh stuff. Anyway Sarah and Becca introduced me to some great British/UK folk stuff, so I was wondering if anyone knew of some good British/UK alternative rock/ rock/ alternative pop groups or artist. We don't have anything from overseas currently playing. I open for anything :D

I also have pics from the packages Jasmine and Sarah sent me. I just have to get them onto facebook - I just always forget when I actually have time.
The Volturi: Nora
Private Ophelia Grey of Jasper's Army
Team "Screw you freaks! I pick Ben!"
Gen-Y: The Lexily
animegaijingirl

Post by animegaijingirl »

x
Last edited by animegaijingirl on Wed Mar 04, 2015 11:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
xhopeonaropex
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by xhopeonaropex »

Ally Cat if you live in LA come by!!
Dazzled_by_Cullens
Touched By Cold Hands

Post by Dazzled_by_Cullens »

Vicky-You nailed it the spray paint was/is the root of all evil!! LOL. Still working on getting most of it removed…it is a slow and long job and I am a bit under the weather, but thank god for a dishwasher, bc the damn paint even managed to get on my dishes in the cabinets that were closed?!?! How I have no clue!! EVIL I tell you EVIL!!! Mwuahaha. LOL. Ohhhh glad you are liking Catching Fire. I am really getting excited for Mockingjay and can’t wait to see how the books get all wrapped up!!!!

Misty-Have you read the Hunger Games books?

Ally-I like astronomy too, but I can see how getting lectured at for 2 hours would be so dull, boo. And I am hoping this season is better. And did you see the commercial for the Santino/Austin ½ hour show that is to follow the premier of project runway?!?! I am going to check it out. Those 2 guys are quite the characters!!! I am now 180 or so pages into the book and am enjoying it and feel the same way so far about it as you have said.

I am getting a bit sick of the extreme heat and humidity we are having!!!! And so is my electric bill from the Air-LOL. But yeah thankfully it is supposed to cool off this weekend and be in the 80s again-YAY!!! Who would have thought I would be happy for 80s. Just hoping it doesn’t rain on Saturday. I am supposed to be going to a baseball game with the BF and all of my family so that sb fun. And there is going to be fireworks at the game too. And I have been looking forward to some good old corn on the cob grilled with butter all summer long and they have the best ones at this ball park!!! YUMMY!!!!! I know it is the little things in life right!

LOVE and HUGS *well not too tight don’t want to spread the sick germs right now* haha ;)
I left my heart on the Gen Y thread...I my LEXILY
MRK
Fishing with Charlie

Post by MRK »

Meg-No, I haven't read the Hunger Games series...but have been thinking about it since SM so highly recommended it!
And that totally stinks about the spray paint sitch...just be careful w/ the Mr magical bald guy...those things can take off paint!
bored by the sea
Hanging Up on Jessica
Location: United Kingdom where the weathers like Forks pretty much alll the time

Post by bored by the sea »

animegaijingirl wrote:Super quick reply to Ally, I'll be bringing my music with me so if we get to meet up I'm happy to share :D otherwise go talk to Vicky (bored by the sea) as she has much music guruness about the UK scene lol (to Vicky, def got white lies, bombay bicycle club, maccabees etc covered beyond the folkieness, biffy clyro, sons +daughters too, erm over to you +i'll think more )

[ Post made via Mobile Device ]
:lol: Becs am loving the music guru-ness ha ha, i shall obviously *high five* you on the Maccabees and Bombay bicycle club reccommendations to Ally he he sooo to carry on.....

Ally (am assuming sarah and becs have informed you of Laura Marling, Mumford and Johnny flynn, i would be shocked if they havent :lol: ) guess it all depends what you're into really but ye said you were open to anything sooo heres the stuff i love (its all fairly indie :lol: ) Blood Red Shoes, The Cribs, Maximo Park, The Futureheads, Mystery Jets, Wild Beasts, Delphic (theyre quite electro), Friendly Fires, Klaxons, Franz Ferdinand, Good Shoes, Los Campesinos! , Kate Nash, Slow Club, Two Door Cinema Club. ha ha thats just a few for you to be going on with , yep i could happily ramble for hours about anything music related, but yeah i mean they're all United Kingdom bands and theyre all pretty darn awesome, aside from that have a gander on my fb page i always post random music stuff up on there :lol: hope you like a few from my epic list though ha ha.

Megs the spray paint got into your cabinets? bizarre, definitely the work of evil then :lol: yep im intrigued to see how theyre going to round it all up, im about halfway through Catching Fire now, im slightly scared as to where its going right now, but still loving it.

Mistyyou shoudl most definitely read the Hunger Games.

right i need to go get a cuppa night night everyone
"If your life was all you had to give your beloved, how could you not
give it? if it was someone you truly loved"- Breaking Dawn
**TEAM EDWARD**