Gen Y --The 20 something's thread

Off-Topic Forum for things having nothing to do with Twilight or the entertainment industry

Moderators: bac, cullengirl, una, Nena

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
dazzel21
Red-Eyed Vampire

Re: Gen Y --The 20 something's thread

Post by dazzel21 »

Woah, just log off for the night and I came back with 3 pages worth of backlog readings. This thread is sooooo busy.

Name: Raine
Year you graced us by being born: 1984
Locale: Southeast Asia - Philippines
Slave to da man: Yap! Got to live a life. I'm a full time accountant.
Spawn: Not now and not in the near future...
Doing anyone: Nope! I came from a very conservative culture and family
Tats/Piercing: No tattoo. My mom would murder me while I'm asleep if she ever saw one. I have ear piercings 3 on my right side. Remnants from my adolescent rebellion.
Attracted to: Hugh Jackman, and of course Rob
Turn offs: back stabbers and fake people
TV Watchings: Ghost Whisperer, Vampire Diaries, Anthony Bourdaine: No Reservations
Readings: Currently reading City of Glass from the Mortal Instrument, Betrayed from House of Night Series, fanfictions, I also love reading romance novels by Jude Deveraux, Judith McNaught and Sharon Sala

Ally_Cat - It's been awhile since I graduated. I miss school, school is much better than working. :cry: Wish I could go back for a master's degree or something. Anyway keep it up, you're almost there...

Vampirenerd - *salute's to you* Wow 40 hrs of work a week and a full time student. I dunno about you but I work from 9am to 6pm and when the clock strikes 6 I'm out of here (except when there's deadline :lol: )

bored by the sea - I'm rubbish at names too. So please forgive me if I used your usernames. I'm getting good at multi tasking :lol: Net at work is my lifesaver, saves me from the boredom.

Blasphemous_Contessa - welcome to the thread. Post away all your thoughts...

Wish summer would end already here. The humidity is killing [email protected]. Can't even go out for lunch break.
Will be going out with my college friends this weekend. It's been so long since we all go out and just chill, this weekend sounds promising lots of things to catch up. Will also be babysitting my niece this weekend, my sister in law has some errands to do and we still can't get a hold of a nanny so I'm stepping in. Looking forward to it, love spending time with my niece she's just so adorable for a 10 month old plus practice makes perfect right!! :lol:

Okay back to work...Later
"Because each and every one of us needs our own personal brand of heroine."
~Team Edward Forever~
animegaijingirl

Post by animegaijingirl »

x
Last edited by animegaijingirl on Wed Mar 04, 2015 11:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
jasmine
Hanging Up on Jessica

Post by jasmine »

@oobs, theres a blog I wrote about nailglue, you could try that, or just cut it off entirely

Also, YES it seriously annoys me 2 if ppl steal the cupholder on my right. btw als If they steal the 2 in front of me in the theatre because me legs can we thrown between the chairs if noones there *grins*

Okay, the giveaway will be online tomorrow, so everyone whos net yet following me..if you want to win something, you have to follow.
Hopefully itll be a succes, that way I can do this more often. Spread the word!!Blog will be up at midnight, only 3,5 hours left..

Immortals series: its like dark hunters, but with the celtic myths and all kinds of gods and godessses, demons, shapeshifters, genies, merpeople, etc. I just read 3 books (part 5-7 orso, bought them cheap somewhere), and they were pretty good. I might look around for the first books, if im out of series to read.

Ive just started reading sookie stackhouse, im in book 2 now. Damnit..why did they kill Lafayette?? He was one of my fav characters in the tvseries. *grmblz* I hate it when they do that.
ALso got the first 4 IAD at home, so ill start on those as soon as Ive read my last Dark hunters book: bad moon rising..or something like that.

The Gen Y Rocks My Twilight Socks

Follow me @ http://gosh-makeup.blogspot.com/
bored by the sea
Hanging Up on Jessica
Location: United Kingdom where the weathers like Forks pretty much alll the time

Post by bored by the sea »

becca+sarah Loving the johnny flynn fangirling god i hope he tours soon im dying to see him again. and Becca after that review im now quite possibly even more excited to see the Marling, cannot wait. thanks for the mumford goss glad they're going to do an ep im totally hanging for some new stuff from them, can't wait to see them and laura marling at Glasto.
gah im going to have to go stalk the pre-order for mr flynns new album!
allycat+vampirenerd savour your student life, how i miss it :lol: it was the best time ever for me, im kind of jealous of you both :lol:
dazzled21 oh the boredom of every working day :lol: i work in a clothes shop at the moment soo yes definitely no way to go on the net slyly, when i get the job that i actually want to do and did my degree for i might be able to lol but then i guess then maybes i wont be bored :lol:
"If your life was all you had to give your beloved, how could you not
give it? if it was someone you truly loved"- Breaking Dawn
**TEAM EDWARD**
Ally_Cat
Hiding Lauren's Hair Dye

Post by Ally_Cat »

Today went pretty well!
I did really well on my mock interview, fumbled a little bit, but in the end got a 99%. I need a goal next time, not just get a job, haha (which I didn't actually say, but that was all that was going through my mind).

Entertainment interview in an hour, hopefully that will be sucessful too. Then Relay for Life event tomorrow - our booth is selling shirts, doing face painting, and selling cupcakes :D There is going to be music and improv entertainment too. It's going to be fun.

I'd really like to know what people think I have with my student life and what you miss because all my friends and I feel the same way.
I only get to hang out with friends once a week if I'm lucky and it is usually a 30 min lunch break. I can go a full day without seeing a friend, since I don't always have classes with them. We have no money for seeing more than 1 movie, lunch or dinner maybe every other or every 3rd week, no shopping trips - unless we beg our parents for funds. After that there is nothing else to do in town except for DSU events which I luckily get into free since I'm on the board. I go to class 4 to 6 hours a day, come home do 3 to 5 hours of home work, have a part time job and have positions on 3 campus organizations - for experience and resume. My schedule isn't the same any day during a school year, which makes it impossible to plan anything fun. I just want a schedule - not a family, a realtionship, or an adult life - just to be 21. Work from a certain, established time, an income, and the ability to plan time to hang out and have fun.

Off to change for my interview
The Volturi: Nora
Private Ophelia Grey of Jasper's Army
Team "Screw you freaks! I pick Ben!"
Gen-Y: The Lexily
therealmrswhitlock
Banging Out Dents with Tyler

Post by therealmrswhitlock »

Sami---OMG Another member of the Gublernation!! By the way, I own him. I am willing to share custody, though. How about I have him Wednesday through Friday, and you can have him Saturday through Monday? Or vice versa, I don't care. I actually need to share him--I have to divide my time between him and my other boyfriend, Jackson, LOL. Watch out, Obs will try to steal him from you.

By the way, newbies, I'm Jen, 24, and I live in Iowa.

That's all for now. I just wanted to freak out at yet ANOTHER Gube-a-holic! ♥ Dr. Reid!
Left my heart on the Gen Y thread....<3 my Lexily!
How could anyone say no to this face? Awww....
Nocturnal Lure
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by Nocturnal Lure »

Good evening everybody...

Just a short post, wanted to let you know I am still alive, though I don't doubt my lovely wive has been keeping you up to date about anything exciting happening in our lives.

Sooooo here's what's happened since I was last here, in the proverbial nutshell...

- Played 30 different xbox games
- Designed seven tattoos
- Drank about 12 bottles of good single malt whisky
- Decided that I liked the Twilight movie better then the New Moon flick, atmosphere is just... better or at least, less wrong. Music and blue filter help.
- Been Reading: Mercy Thompson ( 4 parts ) can't remember where those came from ;) , Dresden Files (all but one), been re-emerging myself in Anita Blake's world, re-read Lord of the Rings for the 20 somethingth time.
- Became an uncle for the seccond time.
- Had at least 666 arguments with my ex ( I believe that's also het phonenumber )
- Seen a lot of movies, Avatar was awesome and Alice was great though I wish I hadn't gone to see it in 3d.
- Helped start up 2 dutch fora.
- Work still sucks
- Healths been better
- General mood could use aprovement

and then some...

Haven't forgotten about any of you ladies (and occasional gent) and Jasmine has been keeping me posted about all your ups and downs. Love you guys to bits and hope to post again soon... sooner then it has been this time at least.

hugs and kisses for everyone,

Sid.

(Please forgive me for my typos and such, it's late and my spell check simply refuses to accept any other language then Dutch)
blasphemous_contessa
Working in the Garage with Jacob
Location: The library...or work...course if I was at work I wouldn't be online, so I must be at a library

Post by blasphemous_contessa »

therealmrswhitlock well I'd agree, but I'm already sharing him with Narnia. We watch Criminal Minds "together" and text each other little "*swoon*"s everytime he does something particularly Reid-like.

Ally correct me if I'm wrong, but did you used to be on the teen thread way back when? I'm sure I recognize you from somewhere

of course I adopt you all and love you forever more. But please be informed that my quaddies come first in my heart ;)
That one's for Ianto. Risen Mitten, Life Knife, and that old classic...Stun Gun.
Ally_Cat
Hiding Lauren's Hair Dye

Post by Ally_Cat »

blasphemous_contessa wrote: Ally correct me if I'm wrong, but did you used to be on the teen thread way back when? I'm sure I recognize you from somewhere

Sami - I recognized your user name when you first posted, but i couldn't find from where. I only posted on the teen thread once or twice about 1.5 to 2 years ago. Other possibilities: Team Jasper, Team Volturi, Hunger Games, and Percy Jackson book thread - none of which I've been good at posting in lately.
The Volturi: Nora
Private Ophelia Grey of Jasper's Army
Team "Screw you freaks! I pick Ben!"
Gen-Y: The Lexily
dazzel21
Red-Eyed Vampire

Post by dazzel21 »

*Quick Post*

It's Friday! Yay! I'm so ready to embrace the weekend. I'm dead tired at work, just want to put on my pj's open my laptop, plop on my bed and do things my own way. I'm planning on sleeping til late in the afternoon and staying in my pj's all day, in my opinion the best way to spend Saturdays. I'm such a dork, I just found out today that SM has a new book coming up on the 5th of June. The short story of Bree. And to think I hang out around the lex almost everyday and I missed that big announcement. :oops: :roll:

Texted my friend who's also a Twifan but too shy to join the forums about SM upcoming book. We're both excited. I'm planning to check out our local bookstore after office hours to see if they already accept reservations.

And I'll see you all next time I need to get back to work. Have a good weekend guys...and girls. :D
"Because each and every one of us needs our own personal brand of heroine."
~Team Edward Forever~