Gen Y --The 20 something's thread

Off-Topic Forum for things having nothing to do with Twilight or the entertainment industry

Moderators: bac, cullengirl, una, Nena

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
pennybug84
Protector of Jacob's Honor

Re: Gen Y --The 20 something's thread

Post by pennybug84 »

Happy St Patricks Day Everyone!!!

Today could actually be kind of a rough day. Today would have been my grandmother's 76 birthday. She passed away August 2008. I'll be okay (I didn't have a good relationship with her) but I'm more worried about my mom & how she will be. Last year it was actually a pretty hard day for her. So hopefully the day will go smoothly & nice. My mom bought us an angel food cake to eat in her honor. It was grandma's favorite (with chocolate frosting) and it's what she'd have every b-day. So I'm looking forward to eating that!!!!

So my friend got married on Saturday, another one bites the dust!!! Now (including me) there's only 3 of us left single! It's so crazy when I think about it. On Sat night I was trying very hard to not let my mind wonder on......... how to put it nicely,the wedding night! But I'm so happy for her &she seems to have found herself a very wonderful man. (I've only met him a few times. He's a Ukrainian & just got over here to the US about a month ago. So I dont' know if that well yet. It's a long story how she met him!) So ya..............

On Monday night I went & finally was able to see The Blind Side. It is soooo good! I loved it!!! It was great to see an uplifting happy movie for once. (And the fact it's based on a true story is even more awesome!) Sandra Bullock was pretty good in it but my favorite character was the young son SJ. He was just hilarious & he stole every scene he was in. This is one I might buy on dvd. I think Remember the Titans is still my favorite true story sport movie. But this was still pretty good.

Well gonna go. I hope everyone has a GREAT week!!!!!!!
"She doesn't know what she wants" - Jacob Black "Yeah she does!" - Rob Pattinson
PaulinhaBrasil
Teaching Eric Social Graces

Post by PaulinhaBrasil »

Dimber – I just got your banner! Brilliant!!

Twilight news… Anyone else thinks that Bryce Dallas was a bad bad bad baaaaad mistake??

I honestly believe in the Lexily powers of healing and feel-good!

Oh, I watched Caprica last night and lo and behold…. Roll drums…James Masters was there!!! Sqeeal!!! SPIKE!!! I swear, all my fangirl shrieks shaved off about 10 years of my age!!!! :lol:

Living vicariously through
Sarah’s adventure pics on FB! Keep ‘em coming girl!!! 8-)

Elevator question… Jake and no one else… *wink wink*

Married friends… Mine are “biting the dust” also. I have 2 closest friends and one married last year and my BFF sister of all times will marry July 17. I feel like I’m being abandoned. They already don’t have time for our friendship and now, I believe we will end up drifting apart. The first one already has, she had a baby, the sweetest kid I’ve ever seen. :D They both found good husbands and I’m immensely happy for their happiness. But in the end, there won’t be more movie nights, bar nights, just us girls. They are so absorbed by their hubbys/fiancés that I got kind of left on the side. I foresee the need to make new friends soon or I’ll be alone here. I know I have my beloved Lexily but none of you are here to share a bucket of my amazing popcorn…! LOL

Me news:
Still looking for a job. There are new reviews at my Blog
♀Sisterhood of the Traveling Book ♀
♥A proud part of the Gen Y Lexily!♥
SwanCullen
Touched By Cold Hands

Post by SwanCullen »

I saw Precious last week. GREAT movie! I almost stopped watching it though when they were describing the first time she was abused. I just couldn't handle it! It was so horrible and made me cry :(
:grin: Proud HalfwayHouse Sister :grin:
Seasons Of Love-A Rosalie/ Emmett story
pennybug84
Protector of Jacob's Honor

Post by pennybug84 »

Wednesday is now over & it's Thursday!! (Another week flying by.)

So some friends & I went miniature golfing yesterday (which is so weird to be able to do that here in March. Normally we still have snow on the ground! :lol: Which is not my favorite thing & we might get another storm this week. :evil: ) Anyway so it was really fun & I somehow managed to get TWO hole in one!!! It was just dumb crazy luck how it happened. But I did!

I just love what a beautiful day it was! Since we're just getting out of winter it was actually really warm (only about 62 degrees farenheit, but that's hot for this time of year.) What stunk though was we drove pretty far out of town to go eat at a place we no longer have here (which apparenty my friends do all the time) and I was in the backseat & got a little carsick. And since it was prett warm (at least to me) that made it worse. I don't get sick sick (just feel really crappy) and I felt like that for the next 4/5 hours. It was annying. I hate how I get carsick & motionsickness. It can ruin some of my fun.
:(
"She doesn't know what she wants" - Jacob Black "Yeah she does!" - Rob Pattinson
Wingtear
Playing Thunderball

Post by Wingtear »

just a quick update.
Great grandma's cancer operation was successful, though what treatment will follow now is not yet determined. Thank you for your thoughts and prayers. Now we're just hoping for a speedy recovery and that she don't catch the stomach-flu that has put half the hospital on lock-down
Banner and avatar by the amazing MRK
CappuGirl

Post by CappuGirl »

@Wingtear Yay for Finnish grandmoms! They're build up strong. I hope both our grannies will pull thru and live to be 92 like my great-grandmom *smile*

@SwanCullen
I want to see Precious too. It seems like a great and touching story. And I'll definatelly cry and feel sick while watching it, but still want to see it.
PaulinhaBrasil wrote:Dimber – I just got your banner! Brilliant!!

I love those. They are very familliar for me since I used to hang out on a finnish forum for moms and 1/3 of everyone there had one or more sigs like that. It's a nice way to remind people how far along it is without rubbing it in very much and without having everyone to ask about the week all the time. :D

Twilight news… Anyone else thinks that Bryce Dallas was a bad bad bad baaaaad mistake??

Me, me, MEEEEEEEEEEE!!! She looked just awful! MRRRRRRH! :evil: Eclipse was supposed to be Rachelle's turn to steal the spotlight, damnit!

Oh, I watched Caprica last night and lo and behold…. Roll drums…James Masters was there!!! Sqeeal!!! SPIKE!!! I swear, all my fangirl shrieks shaved off about 10 years of my age!!!! :lol:

WOOOOT! I love that series. Never watched Battlestar Galactica, but started watcing Caprica because I like Magda Apanowicz and she's playing Lacy. Now James Marsters is there too. What a tasty treat! :D I keep learning about his new roles in other things too all the time. Good for him! And sorry if someone is getting tired of my JM-related links on Fb. :lol:

Living vicariously through Sarah’s adventure pics on FB! Keep ‘em coming girl!!!

Me tooooooooooooo! :D Soon there will be a flood of pics from three lexlings. Goody! :D And only 8 (or so? I think I saw them countdown 9 yesterday.lol) days until Cody is going to talk Sarah into moving to US for good. :lol:

Married friends… Mine are “biting the dust” also. I have 2 closest friends and one married last year and my BFF sister of all times will marry July 17. I feel like I’m being abandoned. They already don’t have time for our friendship and now, I believe we will end up drifting apart. The first one already has, she had a baby, the sweetest kid I’ve ever seen. They both found good husbands and I’m immensely happy for their happiness. But in the end, there won’t be more movie nights, bar nights, just us girls. They are so absorbed by their hubbys/fiancés that I got kind of left on the side. I foresee the need to make new friends soon or I’ll be alone here. I know I have my beloved Lexily but none of you are here to share a bucket of my amazing popcorn…! LOL

Aww... *hugs* don't give up on them so fast. Almost every couple makes the mistake of falling out of their social life when they marry and/or have babies, but after a year or two they'll realize they've drifted apart from their friends and feel blue; not to mention cabin fever for being at home 24/7 with the kids and hubby all the time, meeting only with relatives and people at the grocery store. :roll: Trust me, I've been there. I moved to a town where I had no friends to start with. And hubs got apart from his friends. Now 8 (or so) years later it's hard trying to rekindle the friendships and DARNIT it's hard for an adult to make new friends! Absolute impossibility! When I go to talk to women I think I may have something in common with, they look at me like some alien. "how dare you invade me/us with your presense" is written all over their expression. Or maybe it's just us stupid Finns.

Me news:
Still looking for a job. There are new reviews at my Blog
Loved your blog posts!

I'm looking for a job too. Just sent out three applications today. I also got the business shorted with the unemployment agency's byrocracy crap and learned they're being b**tches and not giving me the small money that belongs to me due to some stupid little technicality. Not until july. Ugh, I don't know how we'll manage until then. We're stretched so tight financially as it is... The lady in there liked me and the perked up energy I summoned from somewhere within me, but really couldn't do anything on my behalve. So I'm just gonna be hanging around there as much as I can bitching about some courses they can at least give me so I get to apply for waitress-jobs as well. I need a hygiene pass and a lisence to serve alcohol to do that. Finnish ways... There's load of paperwork for everything and useless courses about things I probably already know. lovely.

Eh, sorry to post such pissed up me-stuff. I actually wasn't pissed up at all until I started writing it. Hubs was cursing the whole system earlier and how they give money so easily to immigrants but real Finns don't get s**t. I like the immigrants and wish to get to know them and I'm sick of everyone being so rasist about them, but there might be a tiny point to his statement. Never the less, I disapprove such talk and calling them names...
Last edited by CappuGirl on Fri Mar 19, 2010 12:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ally_Cat
Hiding Lauren's Hair Dye

Post by Ally_Cat »

Ninna - I'm glad your great grandmother's operation went well! Hopefully everything will continue in that fashion

Well, dropped Sarah off at her hotel near the airport a couple of hours ago. We had a great 4 days doing random things around town and stuffing ourselves with snacks and treats, you all will have such fun with her. Sarah is a blast and so sweet! Sarah took most of the pictures during our adventures, so look for more from her. Stories to come, if Sarah hasn't shared, when I've slept :D

New Moon comes out tomorrow @ 12:01 (well atleast here). Going to a Wal-mart "party" near my house with my sis and a friend - hopefully that is still the plan and it'll be fun.
The Volturi: Nora
Private Ophelia Grey of Jasper's Army
Team "Screw you freaks! I pick Ben!"
Gen-Y: The Lexily
SarahGoddard
Banging Out Dents with Tyler

Post by SarahGoddard »

Sarah finds it most amusing that her and Ally are both online ready to tell Lexlings about their adventures! :D

Ally is SUPER cool! I've felt so welcome and at home staying with her for the past few days and we've had such an awesome time being random, watching movies and of course eating lots and lots of amazing food. If any of you guys get a chance to meet up with her - do it! And I'll have to see if I can lure her to London for a few days. :lol:

Blog post is up: http://www.sazsrandomocity.blogspot.com/
Facebook pictures are up. Videos wil take longer cos I need to edit them.

Aw PennyBug, sorry to hear about your Gran. Its nice you have a sweet way to remember her on her special day.

Paula and Penny, this is a bit different cos they're not married but my friends went through that same period. They come back, honestly they do. In some way or another I think we've all been there when we meet/get together with someone new. But girls need thier friends. Dont dispair just try to keep up a regular meet up even if its not as regular as it once was.

Ninna so glad the operation went well. Positive Lexily power thoughts to keep away the stomach flu. Also just need to tell you that the vid of you singing with pup is possibly the cutest thing in the world! :D

Maria and Paula I'm keeping my fingers crossed for the job hunt. I'll be joining the hunt when I get back mid April! Eep. :shock:
Cappu wrote:And only 8 (or so? I think I saw them countdown 9 yesterday.lol) days until Cody is going to talk Sarah into moving to US for good.
8 days at the mo but its nearly midnight so - ONE WEEK! Of course I'm looking forward to seeing every single one of my Lexlings but me and Codaniel have literally been counting down each day for like 2 months so I'm sure you can imagine how excited I am! And I dont think theres going to be much "talking into" required, I've already warned him he's got a fight on his hands though. My friends and family in the UK are pretty reluctent to let me go. (Not to even mention all the Visa, immigration stuff which might mean its not even possible)

Right I really should get to bed because its up early for the flight to Chi-Town to see Megs and Misty!!! Woop Woop!

And last but not least I want to wish Jen a SUPER HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!

Much love,
~Sarah~
1/2 of the infamous SnowGod

(I want to put "The weary traveller" even though I'm not at all weary, just cos it sounds good! hehe :lol: )

~1/2 of the infamous Snowgod~
Sarah just needs her Lexily to get her through the day.
Left her ♥ on the Gen Y thread, Rockin' the 3rd person!
:mrgreen:
CappuGirl

Post by CappuGirl »

Happy birthday Jen! :D

Job hunt
: I've got about five applications out there this week. Luckily most of them could be sent by email. Our printer is in such rare use, the ink is always dry when I need and since the kids are always on the hunt for paper to draw on, the paper is always out too. :lol: Of course I'm far from laughing when it's really vital to get the thing working.

I already heard from two places. I sent one application the day before yesterday to a place that sells gardening stuff. I was pretty stiffly told I didn't make the cut to the interviews. Then there was another email from another gardening place but it was just telling me they've received my application. Both jobs are for sales person. I know very little of gardening. Should study it some. I'm not hugely surprised the first one tanked since I screwed up with the email a bit and it didn't look professional. But the rest of them should be fine. I really hope I find at least something. Even if they're all outside my own town. I could possibly car pool with hubby if we had the same hours. If not, then I'd have to do a frequent bus drive 30km each way, daily. :roll: Maybe I'd find someone else to car pool with. Or just bluntly bum a ride from anyone half-familliar going that way in a convinient time. :lol:

I actually had an interview/application filling at my congregation's office on tuesday for a job that would be pretty much walking amongst the dead. Boooo!Booo! :lol: Like that would actually spook anyone. The job would be watering flowers and cutting grass and such. But it would be an 8-hour job, 5 days a week and pay nicely. Unfortunately the lady priest said they'll probably pick the worker(s) by a "lottery". It doesn't really matter if she liked me or not or found me qualified. Or that i don't actually go to church, ever. There were an enermous amount of applications. She said the crappy economy shows there. Usually they have only a couple of applicants. That would have been a nice job. I love walking in cemeteries. 8-)
SarahGoddard
Banging Out Dents with Tyler

Post by SarahGoddard »

Maria - hugest of good lucks for the job hunt sweetie.

Wanted to tell you, just in CASE you hadnt noticed that Misty and Megs are so frickin cool! We have had the most awesome girly, giggly weekend right from the off. There are much Chi-nennigans photos on Facebook and I will be blogging about it in a second. Videos to come :D

We're missing Misty tons already. *Sniff* :cry:

We went to see "She's outta my league"tonight at this super cool lil cinema where they werve dinner to your lil tables whilst watching a film. I really enjoyed it - its such a sweet film with real laugh out loud moments. And the lead guy is SUPER sweet!

Everyone's been pretty quiet on here lately. For all your lurkers...you better get posting dudes and dudettes!

Right seeing as I'm gonna go blog now I dont want to repeat myself so this is a quickie......THATS WHAT SHE SAID! Hehe and Misty and Megs think I'm a bad influence. Me...never! ;)

~1/2 of the infamous Snowgod~
Sarah just needs her Lexily to get her through the day.
Left her ♥ on the Gen Y thread, Rockin' the 3rd person!
:mrgreen: