Gen Y --The 20 something's thread

Off-Topic Forum for things having nothing to do with Twilight or the entertainment industry

Moderators: bac, cullengirl, una, Nena

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
therealmrswhitlock
Banging Out Dents with Tyler

Re: Gen Y --The 20 something's thread

Post by therealmrswhitlock »

HAPPY BIRTHDAY JANNY AND MISTY!!!
Left my heart on the Gen Y thread....<3 my Lexily!
How could anyone say no to this face? Awww....
pennybug84
Protector of Jacob's Honor

Post by pennybug84 »

Hi Everyone!! Happy Sunday.

So I keep saying I'm going to be better about coming to the lex & I don't. It's funny I go through stages.
I hope your August has been better than mine. (sorry I'm not going to read the previose posts. Don't have time to catch up.) This year for a matter of a fact has been icky. I don't know how much more I can take. On Monday we found out my Uncle has cancer. Limphoma (?sp.) That's about all we know right now. They have to do tests to see what kind it is & then do MRI's to see if it's anywhere else in his body. And he's not the kind you expect to get sick. Him & my aunt are very healthy people,probably the healthiest I know. They exercise & eat very well (a treat to them is frozen yogurt) and don't drink or smoke. So it's kind of come as a surprise. And then on Thursday another Uncle passed away. He's been in the hospital fo about a month & we knew this could happen. But it's still hard. I've only met him once & so I really didn't know him well. It's bee really hard on my mom though. It was her brother. And about a month ago a different Uncle had a heart attack! So this summer has been very icky & not good for my Uncles.

Other than that my life is still the same as ever. I'm still job hunting & sendint our resume after resume after resume. I am getting so sick of it!!! I seriously can't believe it's almost September!! This year has seriously just flown by. I'm almost 26 years of age!! Yikes!! It's so weird to think that.

On a happier note I recently read the book Bran Hambric: The Fairfield Curse by Kaleb Nation (AKA The Twilight Guy.) It was pretty good!! And the sequel comes out in October so I'll be looking forward to reading that. And then I just finished today Mockingjay. I won't say anything here (save it for the thread) it was pretty good but I'm not quite sure what to say about it.

Well gotta go. Bye!
"She doesn't know what she wants" - Jacob Black "Yeah she does!" - Rob Pattinson
pharmer4

Post by pharmer4 »

Cody and Sara, 'grats. wonders never cease at the ability of the net and a shared interest to bring people together!

Jas, I read about your troubles on your blog after you posted on FB. have you trodden on the tail of a basement cat recently, because you seem to have attracted some first grade bad luck. Hope your mom and her work mates are looked after.

My month has been pretty eventful. I have purchased a new car, which is on facebook. It now has a nice white mark on it where someone hit it, but didn't leave their details :evil:

I have moved back into my house, and have been moving my mother in with me - it suits us both because she can help by way of rent, and i can help her with her arthritis etc.

Took me ages to get internet working again at home, but I finally have my ipAd and iPod touch connected, my internet TV unit connected, my internet phone connected, and my mom's computer connected.

I also have something else going on at the moment, which I'd like to share, but it might be a little controversial given my recent relationship developments. How good are people at reserving their judgements?
30 year old tattooed metal-loving male Twilight Fan. Breaking the Stereotype.

If you don't understand the science of Twilight, or just like to scoff at it, read my explanations here
MRK
Fishing with Charlie

Post by MRK »

We are excellent non-judgers! Share away!! :D
PaulinhaBrasil
Teaching Eric Social Graces

Post by PaulinhaBrasil »

Pharmer, sweetie, we were able to talk religion in an extremely civilized manner. Also, as Misty said, we are excellent non-judgers :D
♀Sisterhood of the Traveling Book ♀
♥A proud part of the Gen Y Lexily!♥
SarahGoddard

Post by SarahGoddard »

Aw thanks Pharmer. To be honest I'm still amazed by it all myself but as I always say - everything happens for a reason.

And if you want to share with us - go ahead. I don't think there's a single topic we havnt covered here one way or another and we are always very respectful of each other :)

[ Post made via Mobile Device ]
pharmer4

Post by pharmer4 »

well, the long and short of it is that I may have a new girlfriend.

It's someone I've been close to for a while, and ever since I knew that my marriage was failing, and especially since we have separated, it's begun to graduate into something very serious.

I just don't want to hurt my wife, so I need to take it VEEEEERy slow
30 year old tattooed metal-loving male Twilight Fan. Breaking the Stereotype.

If you don't understand the science of Twilight, or just like to scoff at it, read my explanations here
PaulinhaBrasil
Teaching Eric Social Graces

Post by PaulinhaBrasil »

Oh sweetie... there's no shame in that. I had picked that up from your first post. lol

Thread carefully, your ex will probably have a hard time understanding and accepting what happened. I know I would be beyond pissed if my ex-whatever found a new person this fast. What would go through my mind would be (damn him for getting over me so fast, didn't he love me? wasn't I important? :evil: ). There's a mourning period when a relationship ends, and it hits different ppl in different ways.

I'm happy you found someone special to you ;)

Does your ex knows about the lex or has access to it? If you are not sure, maybe you should use our private forum at FB. Only us are allowed in. :geek:
♀Sisterhood of the Traveling Book ♀
♥A proud part of the Gen Y Lexily!♥
jasmine
Hanging Up on Jessica

Post by jasmine »

@pharmer, is that a saying I have never heard of? If not, we don't have a basement...

And yes, i have been having a case of bad luck. Today I found out i have a mild concussion...*sigh* You can read the storynon my blog. It's not only my health though..this whole summer just really sucks. I used to love summer...

I think we all immediately knew what you wanted to say in your first post, and dont feel ashamed. But Paula has a point: do consider the feelings of your ex though, cause it will feel like you did get over her too fast. Ive been on both sides with my last breakup:having had a new bf pretty fast myself(but def not being immediately happy, because i was still dealing with the previous bf), but also being replaced with another within a month. So i can tell you it will be hard for her to understand, so try to keep the communication up. But, im sure you figured all that out yourself aswell.

The Gen Y Rocks My Twilight Socks

Follow me @ http://gosh-makeup.blogspot.com/
therealmrswhitlock

Post by therealmrswhitlock »

Pharmer---good for you! I'm happy for you! (and Janny and Paulie are right--we all picked up on that from the first post, lol)

So I would like to thank the lexily mind powers---I GOT THE TIME OFF IN OCTOBER!!! I'M GOING TO BUFFALO!!!

Thank you all so much! Now--off to cement travel plans!
Left my heart on the Gen Y thread....<3 my Lexily!
How could anyone say no to this face? Awww....