Gen Y --The 20 something's thread

Off-Topic Forum for things having nothing to do with Twilight or the entertainment industry

Moderators: bac, cullengirl, una, Nena

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
MRK
Fishing with Charlie

Re: Gen Y --The 20 something's thread

Post by MRK »

*THIS STAYS HERE CAUSE HIS WIFE IS ON FACEBOOK AND SHE DOESNT KNOW YET:

OK, so I know I've been mistress downer lately...but this is really kind of a good thing, if you look at it right...

My cousin is stationed in Afghanistan and his tank hit and IED. He was blown from the tank and suffered some spine injuries. He has all his arms and legs (not to mention his life!) and I believe he has feeling in them too. Theyre waiting for the swelling to go down to see just how bad his injuries are. He is being tranferred over to Germany. Anyway...the point of all this is I know the healing force of our lovely Lexily...so any and all positive vibes/prayers would be appreciated, not just for my cousin, but for all the troops!

Thanks! LUV YA ALL!!

ETA: WooT I'm "FISHING WITH CHARLIE" (look under my avatar if you dont get it) I am so excited! I love Charlie!!

ETA: Yeah Misty agrees with the Dragon Ninna! PLAY NICE!
Last edited by MRK on Wed Apr 28, 2010 5:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Wingtear
Playing Thunderball

Post by Wingtear »

You have my prayers!
Ugh, I wish all children on the globe could just play nice...
(Ninna-ancient-dragon dislikes war, fights and such)
Banner and avatar by the amazing MRK
roseaurora
Helping Mike to Get a Clue

Post by roseaurora »

WHOA! His wife doesn't know yet?! :? How the heck does that happen? I'd be even more upset if my husband was injured during a deployment and I wasn't notified! There must be more to this story....?

Definitely sending positive vibes his (and her) way. Scary stuff.
Wants to move to Forks and live with the Cullens forever.
Banner by the fabulous MRK
I ♥ my Lexily!
MRK
Fishing with Charlie

Post by MRK »

Yeah she doesnt know because she went on a vacation to Florida with her parents and they were going diving all day today. Everyone is trying to reach her, but they havent been able to yet! It just figures at the time she tries to go relax...UGH!

(AND my cousin was able to call my uncle himself to let him know what had happened...so it wasnt like the Marines didnt try to contact her first or anything...he just wanted to call her himself)
sachael
Cliff Diving with Embry
Location: Somewhere in Vegas having and argument with Riley Reynolds.

Post by sachael »

MRK: i'm sorry to hear about your cousin. :(
Ninna:of course no one can keep up with OUR mental pictures of the awesome wolf pack (though taylor's kinda hot)
Mmm:you're awesome too!! and i love you too! *hugs*

all lexily who has finals... GOOD LUCK

for peeps whose on my Facebook and Twitter as you may have noticed that i'm being a total gleek hahah well i am.. i just can't help it.

anyways... the finals stuff reminds me of someone.. =/ i'm kinda torn between talking about him or NOT talking about him. it made me feel stupid just by feeling something about him. anyways.. i really don't like posting much drama on my posts here..

and i think i need a new sig/banner... my banner's like 1 year old... (some Jackson/Supernatural/Chuck/Glee anyone? too lazy to make one... )

toodles.

xx
ImageImage
Team J.ActionTwinnie:TillyWhitlock
A PROUD RANDIE and LEXLING
I Speak My Mindand i tweet too!
dimber
Fishing with Charlie

Post by dimber »

Just a quick message before going to see another doctor...I'm trying to find a way to stay away from work to solve my problems so, fingers crossed my lexiling!!!

MRK, I'm really sorry to hear about your cousin's accident. My prayers are with you, your cousin and his family. I sincerely hope he'll recover soon from all his injuries. *hugs*

Have a nice day all, I'll update you about the doctor later in the morning. Hugs to all!
...we are such stuff that dreams are made on...

SarahGoddard
Banging Out Dents with Tyler

Post by SarahGoddard »

Misty I’m so sorry to hear about your cousin. Thank goodness he survived. I’ll be thinking and praying for him, you and your family sweetie. I can’t even begin to imagine how hard that must be for his wife.

Sarah hates how many good, strong, brave people (not to mention their families) are being torn apart by this. At the marathon I saw a family with t-shirts supporting their family who were running in memory of someone who had lost their life. On the kids tshirts it said “My hero....” (I cant remember his name) I almost started crying right there at the train station!
I wish everyone could just grow up and have a mature discussion rather than fighting about it. Its so pointless and it breaks my heart.

Chiara my fingers are crossed for you sweetie. Hope everything goes ok at the Docs.

To quickly update on stuff I missed:

My first kiss kinda sucked. I was about 13 or 14, I went ice skating with him. Except he brought his dad (he drove) and when we got there he shot off with all his sisters mates that he happened to run into and Sarah was left struggling on the edges like a muppett with his DAD!

Then after about an hour he finally deems himself to come back and we went around the back of the seats (arranged kinda like American “bleachers” – is that right?). And it was wet and slobbery and icky! Sarah pulled back and was all like “err wtf?” and then he said “What don’t you like it?” Sarah’s only response was “No!”. Needless to say there was not too much more kissing after that with him! Hehe :lol:

Welcome back Kimmy and Rose! We missed you!

Maria I think me and you would make the perfect nursing team. You can deal with gore, I can deal with all other manner of..uuhmm “ickyness”. Maybe because of my low tolerance to blood etc I have an extremely high tolerance to everything else! I’m always the one holding peoples hair back for them because it doenst bother me at all.

Everyone who is taking/has jsut taken exams (Misty, Ally, Rose and anyone else I’ve missed) HUGEST of Good Lucks!

Sarah wonders if Sid should try eBay for his Nerf guns?

Sarah must apologise for Codaniel’s lack of posting as it is partly her fault that she takes up so much of his time. *Sarah hangs head in shame* But Sarah does keep him up to date with all the lovely Lexlings goings on so he is not totally out of the loop.

Ninna I’m intrigued, is the snowflake to symbolise pup because of his birthday? If not what is the reason? I think you should get your avator tattoed to symbolise pup!

Ok thats about it for now from Sarah. Oh wait one last thing in case anyone missed it:

Sarah is super excited about going back to Fort Collins in a month!

That is all :mrgreen:

Love and *huggles* to all!

~1/2 of the infamous Snowgod~
Sarah just needs her Lexily to get her through the day.
Left her ♥ on the Gen Y thread, Rockin' the 3rd person!
:mrgreen:
Nocturnal Lure
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by Nocturnal Lure »

Good morning, nay the best of mornings to everybody.

MRK : After such terrible news it is hard to keep a positive vibe going, but it is just that positive energy that is needed so badly. Though what I do may not be prayer exactly, my believe doesn't work that way, my energy... spiritual and emotional, I will focus on your cousin as well as I can. Don't mistake my positive post and enthusiasm for disrespect, it is the positive vibe I believe will have the best effect.

Sarah : I checked but sending it to the Netherlands is a bit expensive, I'll keep searching though, thanks for the tip.

Tomorrow is Queensday in the Netherlands, we celebrate the Queens birthday (former queen actually). It is actually the most celebrated Dutch holiday, more people have the day off then on Christmas. There are "free markets" all over the country where people can sell anything they want on the streets (no foodstuffs) so all the major cities are basically transformed into large markets. Alcohol is consumed in large quantities and everybody is celebrating. Most people dress in orange (wigs, face paint, orange clothes etc.) the National color or Red White and Blue, the colors of the Dutch flag.

So to get the Dutch Queens day on the forum here I thought to give you a small "inburgerings cursus".

The Netherlands (Nederland), sometimes called Holland are inhabited by the Dutch. Though Holland actually refers to the main country, there are some small colonies still under Dutch rule. We have 16 million of us here and we think of ourselves as tolerant, open minded friendly people. Most Dutch people view themselves as no-nonsense and straightforward which is not always appreciated. Almost every Dutch person speaks English and most of them also speak German. Some of our export products are flowers, Heineken and Cheese (Gouda is a place in Holland).

Some Dutch people you might know: Paul Verhoeven, Rutger Hauer, Femke Jansen, Rebecca Romein, Anne Frank, Humphrey Bogart (Dutch father), Theodore Roosevelt (Dutch parents) and there is actually a very long list of internationally famous people of Dutch ancestry especially in the US including American icons like Clint Eastwood and Bruce Springsteen.

Important sentences in Dutch

- Can I have two beers? : Mag ik twee bier?
- I think you're cute : Ik vind je leuk
- Have you read "breaking dawn"? : Heb je morgenrood gelezen? (yeah they actually translated the title)
- No I don't want to come to your hotelroom! : Nee ik ga niet met je mee naar je hotelkamer!

rood
wit
blauw

Counting in Dutch:

een, twee, drie, vier, vijf, zes, zeven, acht, negen, tien.

Through the ages the Dutch have always been traders, because of this they spread all over the world but also assimilated a lot of things from other cultures. The famous Dutch wooden shoes are French in origin and the national pride, the Tulip is Turkish. The Dutch however did invent the windmill which has made it a commercial power way beyond it's size in early history. Combined with a strong navy the seafaring Dutch have started collonies in North America like New York (nieuw Amsterdam) many street names are of Dutch origin and South Africa (South African language is very close to Dutch).

Officially the Netherlands are a Monarchy, but the Monarch has no ruling power. Our government consist of ministers (minister of finance, Minister of foreign affairs etc.) and a prime minister. The government is formed usually of several parties besides 5 large parties there are many small ones like the Animal Party.

And here ends the lesson about the Dutch...

Today is looking to be a good day everybody is cheerful because of the festivities tomorrow, so good moods all around.

I will post more later,

May the moon light your path,
Mag de maan je pad verlichten,

Nocturnal Lure
Nachtelijke verlokking
SarahGoddard
Banging Out Dents with Tyler

Post by SarahGoddard »

Nocty I LOVE your post!

I feel all educated and clever about The Netherlands now :D

I never realised that your government is run pretty much the same way as ours, including the Monarchy. Interesting :mrgreen:

HAPPY QUEENSDAY!!!

~1/2 of the infamous Snowgod~
Sarah just needs her Lexily to get her through the day.
Left her ♥ on the Gen Y thread, Rockin' the 3rd person!
:mrgreen:
ihadanEdwardRush
Helping Mike to Get a Clue

Post by ihadanEdwardRush »

Thanks Sid for that Dutch lesson there..You know (and I told Janny too) that I'm actually learning Dutch for work purposes and it is cool you posted some of important sentences. Your language is really hard and we're starting off with the grammar. Thanks again.

Hello to every lexlings here! to the newbies too and I'm sending positive thoughts to Misty!!

Happy birthday to Rachel too!!

<3 <3 <3

and Obbs you're my biyatch as always!

and that banner is like 8 months old already..I'm just saying though :P
Banner by the fabulous MISTY!!! (yeah she rules!)
A proud part of the Gen Y Lexily! <3 my lexlings