Gen Y --The 20 something's thread

Off-Topic Forum for things having nothing to do with Twilight or the entertainment industry

Moderators: bac, cullengirl, una, Nena

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
Wingtear
Playing Thunderball

Re: Gen Y --The 20 something's thread

Post by Wingtear »

LMAO! :mrgreen:
Mom's "boyfriend" told me about his neighbor who drove herself to the hospital to give birth. Not uncommon here, community of seafarers wifes as this is. Only, she stopped on the way to help out a guy with a flat tire, and when he wondered how he could re-pay her she said "Oh, never mind, I'm actually in a rush, I'm on my way to the delivery ward..."

I have a growing feeling I will walk myself in, it's about 15-20 minutes of a walk ordinarily... Mom's bf said he didn't think so, since I'm a first timer. Mum disagreed :mrgreen: since she knows exactly just how pigheaded I can get, and that's one thing they say don't change just 'cos you're in labor pain. I warned D about it, and I think we'll have a fight over that when the time comes. He's just as stubborn as I am.
Banner and avatar by the amazing MRK
CappuGirl
Teaching Eric Social Graces

Post by CappuGirl »

Great story! :D I've heard similar. Maybe it's a Finn-thing, being big headed like that. When I was giving birth to Kas, I was kept in one room until I was opened enough and then I suddenly was. The nurse asked if I could walk to the birthing room. I did, even though the kid was already almost out! :lol: That labor was started with pills under my tongue because they worried he might come early and I'd be in trouble at home since all my labors have been so fast. But he was the easiest baby to deliver! Biggest but easiest! Just the way his head was shaped. Like my family's, not the huge one like Janne's family (and Rebekka and Santeri). I didn't even have pain meds for his birth. They didn't have time even for the numbing thing that was their last resort. When the doc came in to check the cervix, she sceamed "the head is in my hand!" :lol: Right, the stuborn part... When I walked to the room, I could feel the kid was coming and I was actually holding him in... until I got to the bed.. and even when they were just adjusting the bed and doing the preperations...telling me to lift my butt so they could do so.. :lol: I just couldn't speak from the breathing and i guess i looked calm. Or maybe I just didn't want to be difficult.. 8-) oh well, ended well. :D http://irc-galleria.net/user/cappulady/picture/55327519

Ninna, I'm sure your labor will go well and you don't have anything to worry about. Just stay calm and push when they tell you to push and don't push when you don't have contractions. It will be great. You'll be in a hospital. Help is near if needed. *hugs* I'm sure you're getting pretty anxious already. I'm almost jealous for you. :lol: I loved being preggers and even the labor part. 8-)
therealmrswhitlock
Banging Out Dents with Tyler

Post by therealmrswhitlock »

OMG I bought the new issue of Life & Style (shoot me, I'm addicted to celebrity weeklys, except OK! because they outright fake stories/pictures to sell mags) and the pics of Taylor are smokin!!! And for the 10 to the 12th power time I am reminding myself that he's only 17!! The way that shirt clings to him! *facepalm* I need to stop that.

I put the Twilight Spotlight on a reminder so I won't miss it in the A.M. (I don't leave for work until 10, it's on at 9 here)

So, yesterday I was sick, I stayed home from work and felt like the walking dead. Stomach and body aches, I took my temp and had no fever but I was freezing and couldn't get warm, and just no energy and very week. Tummy's better today, but still very little energy.

Speaking of the walking dead--I figured out what I'm doing for Halloween! I'm wearing all black, white face paint, black around the eyes and black lipstick, and carrying a heating pad. I am calling it "Death Warmed Over". Get it? I think it's funny. First good idea I've had in a long time. Last year I just went as a she devil. The year before I was a black cat. Booooooring. Anyway, I've got the facepaint, and already had the clothes, so I just need the lipstick and possibly some nail polish and I'm done. Way to improvise on a low budget, huh?

That's it for my weekend update, love you all and have a good week my peeps!
Left my heart on the Gen Y thread....<3 my Lexily!
How could anyone say no to this face? Awww....
Ally_Cat
Hiding Lauren's Hair Dye

Post by Ally_Cat »

I started my first day of my part time job on Friday. I basically got training to be cashier at the hospital gift shop. It was my younger sister's job, but they are enforcing a "no one under 18 near sick people" rule until flu season is over, so she can't work. Means a lil extra cash for me :mrgreen:

For my Merlotte's waitress halloween costume I decided to buy the pieces instead of make them. I didn't realize that HBO sells the apron too and with halloween (my costume idea is very popular it seems, no surprise) they are selling it in a combo with the Merlotte's waitress shirt from the show. Still pricy, but just a lil over what I would have spent buying fabric, iron on paper, t-shirt, and time put into the process. Plus, it'll be authentic HBO, pleasing the fan girl inside with that.

RealMrsWitlock - I, atleast, think your costume is funny and cute.
The Volturi: Nora
Private Ophelia Grey of Jasper's Army
Team "Screw you freaks! I pick Ben!"
Gen-Y: The Lexily
Lieziewiezie
Ignoring Renee's E-Mails

Post by Lieziewiezie »

Sounds great, good luck Ally!

I feel quite afwull, hope I'm not turning sick. I had a good weekend though; I did some stuff but right after I got home (even on saturday when it was 3pm in the afternoon) I had to get in the sofa or bed and sleep. I'm just so extremly tired and have zero energy. Hope this improves!

And I need like a 'monday-pill' to survive mondays, cause they are becoming to insane for words.

Love
Lies
Thanks MRK for the banner!
Is a proud part of the Gen Y Lexily to escape reality!
obieewok

Post by obieewok »

*drags self out of funk long enough to say hi*

It's Monday, so ergo, I'm unmotivated to do anything, even type. It's a slow week at work though, thus why I am here. It's always more tolerable for me to be around these people when I can daydream about frying pans to their faces and all.

To Rosie---thank you dude----I was just about to comment on Vamp Diaries and the last song that had me crushing on it and then you beat me to it! I plan on going later and buying it on Itunes too, so thanks for saving me from having to google the lyrics and all. And to those of you not watching the show---seriously---it's sexy vamps! There is nothing NOT to love lol. I'm still trying to get Holly on the bandwagon here, although I'm sure her concession will be I have to watch Glee or something.

I find out today if I have gestational (pregnancy) diabetes, so here I wait. I'm trying not to be too nervous about it. What Pharm says is correct----sometimes these preg diabetes make for bigger babies (my first one was tiny, so this should be interesting) and all that jazz, but I'm remaining optimistic.

I had an awesome dinner for my anniversary at The Melting Pot. Four courses---cheese fondue, salad, assortment of lobster/filet mignon/etc to cook and then a chocolate and carmel drizzled pecan topped fondue that was AWESOME. I freaking LOVE fondue. No, no gift other than this from hubs, but keep in mind my 29th bday is a week from tomorrow, so he's got to be saving for that lol.

Started painting the nursery. I know----all of you are so excited.

I have not purchased nor listened to a single song off the New Moon soundtrack. I am not one to purchase music unless it catches me and sucks me in, so I'm sure after I've seen New Moon for the 80th time I'll go buy it, but until then I doubt it. 31 DAYS TO NEW MOON suckas! Anyone else happy?

Pharms---Hubs is also excited about Astro Boy and I don't even understand. The preview looks like a kids' animated movie, not all bad a$$ like Iron Man or something. And Hubs is pissed to no end that there are talks of the Efron playing Astro in a live action movie (which I would totally go see lol).

Fanfic:

Ok---The Fan is now complete, although I didn't really care for this one at all. It felt way too long and sort of boring at points, but if you are into baseball-ward, then maybe it's for you.

The Caged Bird keeps getting better and better. Religious Bells and Wayward. And the flipside is Let Your Mercy Fall On Me, which is the exact opposite. Both really really good, although Caged OWNS me right now. I love that Edward hardcore. Juvie Eddie is my fave:)

The Fallout is freaking amazing, but you should already know that. For those who love Vampward, it's the way to go.

The So Unknown is good for those who like a love triangle of weird proportions---Eddie, Bells and Jasper, although it's rated T I think...but a very good story so far.

And my pick for the week is A Rough Start, because there ain't much hotter than Daddyward. Just sayin:) If you guys are reading something superb, please do let me know!

I'm more than halfway through The Lovely Bones and I'm starting to take recommendations for my next read. I need to pick up some books in the next month or so that I can read while prepping to shoot out a kid, so please do let me know some awesome reads and maybe a brief summary.

I'm off to work a bit and then pick up some pieces for Lu's Princess costume for Halloween. Hope everyone gets through today and catch you back here later.

EDIT: GLUCOSE TEST RESULTS: PASSED. No pregnancy diabetes:)
"Has anyone ever shown you the difference between good touch and bad touch? 'Cause I'd love to demonstrate. We could start right now.'"

Like my banner? Suck it. MRK made it for me.
PaulinhaBrasil
Teaching Eric Social Graces

Post by PaulinhaBrasil »

One of my biggest FEARS...

All this pregnancy talk has my vajayjay apprehensive. 3.5Kg babies :shock: coming out through it doesn't seem natural to me :? ... I have talked to her and we agreed the best course is a scheduled c-section. Babies freak me out, pregnant ladies freak me out and I have always been dead scared of getting pregnant. Pregnancy looks good on other ppl.

I never had babies around me, so I have no idea what they want, how they work or how to have patience with them. That always made me feel like a bad bad bad person but I get scared of the responsibility, and the what if's.... What if I'm too selfish to care for someone? What if he/she end up hating me as I do my mom? What if something happen to he/she and it is my fault?

I have always said that if I'm to have a baby, my husband has to be one of those guys who loves kids. He will have to have a bottomless well of patience with me and my fears. I'm a reasonable person, I guess :? haha, but I can't see myself doing this alone or in an unstable relationship.

I won't even start in the money worries that comes with babies...

At the same time, I feel so guilty and selfish to have these fears that I wonder if I ever will be worthy of facing them. This makes me believe even more that I will die alone.

Now, a joke after all this depressing stuff:

What do you get when you divide the circumference of your jack-o-lantern by its diameter?
---Pumpkin Pi!
♀Sisterhood of the Traveling Book ♀
♥A proud part of the Gen Y Lexily!♥
Wingtear
Playing Thunderball

Post by Wingtear »

Paula...
There's nothing silly about your fears!
I mean, I'm sillylly scared of spiders, and there's not any poisonous ones here, not even any that actually bite... :roll:
For what it's worth, I think you would be a wonderful mother because you're warm and caring. And as for what babies need... They eat and sleep (and poop, so they need to be changed from time to time) and to begin with, that's about it. When they get more needs they usually are old enough to make you understand. And I tell you, a single "blubb" combined with a certain look can be very descriptive...
And if preggo-monsters freak you out, you sure decided to hang with the right freaks (Terry and myself ;) )
Banner and avatar by the amazing MRK
obieewok

Post by obieewok »

lol....pumpkin pi....I get it lol....

Paulie:) You aren't the first person freaked out by kids---I'd be scared if you weren't freaked out lol. And I'm in the same boat---I'm deathly afraid of kids, didn't want them, was scared of the pain of labor, what if they hate me, what if they get hurt, etc---the list goes on and on. Hubs wanted them, I didn't, not really. Kids were always a good thought, but better left for someone else in my opinion. Cue Lulu, who came along and turned me on my ear. Are my fears all gone? Heck no. Every day there is a new fear. But just no you aren't alone---babies are scary, pregnancy is scary (Ninna just makes it look Freakeasy is all:) but the end result is worth all of the other crap.

Hey---you are still freaking young. If you want kids, you've got like twenty plus years to spawn. No "Ill grow old and die with cats" talk on my watch. If push comes to shove, I'll give you one of mine or something lol.

And are there any people who believe like me (even though I'm not one) that sometimes it's best to NOT have kids? I mean, I always envy those people who are able to just freaking go out of the house without grabbing a freaking diaper bag, stroller and the kitchen sink. Or women who can carry a small trendy purse and not my mom bag which has lollipops and wet wipes and bs like that. There's something to be said for being kid free. While I love my kids, I don't think they are suited for everyone and sometimes people fail to see the awesomeness that can be had there, don't you think?

I'm still laughing at Pumpkin Pi. Good one. What do you call cheese that doesn't belong to you? Nacho cheese!

Thank you fanfic for giving me that one. Oh---and I'm sick and tired of "teaching Eric Social Graces". I want to be doing something cool....like Jasper. Where the freak is that level?
"Has anyone ever shown you the difference between good touch and bad touch? 'Cause I'd love to demonstrate. We could start right now.'"

Like my banner? Suck it. MRK made it for me.
jasmine
Hanging Up on Jessica

Post by jasmine »

@paulinha i know how you feel. except, i already know for sure that i dont want kids.
Probably because ive alread ''had'' one since he was 4. Now hes 10 and im really glad hes old enough to do stuff by himself.

I dont like babies because they cant do anything, i get annoyed by that. Even my cat can tell me what it wants, but a baby, nah...not my cup of tea. And i have been around them, ive had all of my bieces and nephews in my arms...and i couldnt wait for someone to take them away again.

Im not really liking the fact that theres going to be a baby in the family. dont get me wrong im happy for my sisterinlaw, but i dont want to be confronted with all of it thats going to come out of it. Like babysitting ( NO WAY), and going places, itll all be a lot more difficult, and we will probably have to deal with a lot of compromises. There are a lot of reasons for me not wanting one myself, and one of them is that you cant just go out the door. You need to organize stuff like that. and im sooooo not going to invest my time and energy and life into that.
Im sorry, but ive already decided years ago that i wouldnt burdon this world with my spawn.

anyway there are changing my windows now and its sooooooooo cold!

and im bored. i cant go upstairs, because the cats are locked in there, and they cant come out with everything opened.
my books arent in yet(dark hunter serie) and ive read every other one.
Its like half poast 8 in the morning, so intrnet and tv suck aswell.
*sigh*

The Gen Y Rocks My Twilight Socks

Follow me @ http://gosh-makeup.blogspot.com/