Gen Y --The 20 something's thread

Off-Topic Forum for things having nothing to do with Twilight or the entertainment industry

Moderators: bac, cullengirl, una, Nena

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
obieewok
Banging Out Dents with Tyler

Re: Gen Y --The 20 something's thread

Post by obieewok »

LOL @ Velvet for making a MOTU joke:) Three points to Griffendor, or however you spell it. Personally, I should be far too hot to know this info, but yet, I do. And I'd totally be Slitheren, because Malfoy is awesome and every chick knows EVIL IS HOT. This is why Donald Trump has been married like seven times.

@ the newbies: Feel free to jump in with some randomness whenever you want. I can't promise that our conversations are always about twilight, but you can always steer them that way.

Oh---and for those of you who don't know, Sarah of Goddard is at this moment getting busy with like the only Twi Guy on here who still posts. Yes, apparently Twilight is like a huge turn on and leads some to leave freaking COUNTRIES to hook it up. And apparently SOME people didn't think to ask permission to do all this from Nucking Futs Obs, who at this very moment has two little lexy dolls ready to do some voodoo magic. Some people.

@Ninna----sewing? God, you are so MOM. Next thing you know you'll be baking cookies for the class and carpooling them to school. At least you are still hawt. I can take you being all domestic, just as long as you stay hawt.

Alright: let's do a Twilight question. You are stranded on an island with one Cullen. Jellyfish totally stings your foot, so you need one of them to pee on it to ease the pain. Who does it and why? And no, I have no clue where this stuff comes from. I'm going with Carlisle, because he'd be all clinical and to the point, plus, come on, Peter Facinelli peeing on you isn't the worst way to spend a day. Just sayin'. I would never ask Emmet, because he'd never let you live it down.

Oh---Dark Hunter peeps----finished the first book, the one about Julian----the naughty scenes were like DISNEY compared to BDB or IAD especially. TELL ME they get steamier. I demand satisfaction!

Remember: The bigger the hair, the closer to God.

Obs
"Has anyone ever shown you the difference between good touch and bad touch? 'Cause I'd love to demonstrate. We could start right now.'"

Like my banner? Suck it. MRK made it for me.
jasmine
Hanging Up on Jessica

Post by jasmine »

Go and read anita blake oobs, those DO get smuttier by the book....

To give you an example..on the Lush forum, some people were reading the books and they STOPPED... because.....wait for it...

...there was TOO MUCH smut in it !!??!?!?

(the first books are nothing compared to later books some people couldnt even imagine it being the same series. :mrgreen: )
So those have to be right for you ;)

You're going to love jean-claude...and asher and nathaniel..and jason...and richard...and..on and on and on.
Did I mention Jean-claude is a vampire who owns a nightclub where MALE strippers work, oh and he is a succubus?
Or Nathaniel, who is a stripper, has hair to his ankles, into SM and is a wereleopard?
damnit girl, read those books, i NEED you to get to know these characters so i can squeel about them with you.. :lol:

The Gen Y Rocks My Twilight Socks

Follow me @ http://gosh-makeup.blogspot.com/
animegaijingirl

Post by animegaijingirl »

x
Last edited by animegaijingirl on Wed Mar 04, 2015 11:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
vampirenerd
Hiding Lauren's Hair Dye
Location: In my fantasy world with Edward...and Jacob (why not?)

Post by vampirenerd »

Ok I'll answer the pee quetion. My first instinct was to go with Jasper b/c he is my favorite but then I decided to go with Carlisle b/c, as you pointed it out, he would be very professional about it and it wouldn't be all weird and such.

I'm from Mississippi, USA so I completely agree with the "bigger the hair, the closer to God" comment. It's a must have where I live. I work for my dad, he's grooming me to take over the family busines...YIPPEE (and yes that was sarcasm)...and I go to school for Business Admin. As of right now I only do my husband but at the top of my "if I ever meet them and have the chance to do them it's completely ok" list is Rob of course, Alan Rickman (his voice does all kind of things to me) and Johnny Depp. My husband has one and his includes Lady Gaga, Brittney Spears, and Angelina Jolie lol.

I'm definitely going to have to check out some of the books yall have mentioned b/c I am a MAJOR smut addict lol :oops:
bored by the sea
Hanging Up on Jessica
Location: United Kingdom where the weathers like Forks pretty much alll the time

Post by bored by the sea »

animegaijingirl wrote:And HAPPY BIRTHDAY SARAH!!
Your b.day prezzie is Mr Johnny Flynn announcing his new album is out in June WOOHOO!!!! Laura Marling's even dueting with him on it...

As for me, I have listened to NOTHING except the new Laura Marling album since last week. It is SPECTACULAR. I cannot even begin to stop fangirling over it. I wish I could write like she does *le sigh*. I have a few othen new albums waiting to be listened to that I bought at the same time, and haven't even opened them yet!
Dude u have awesome taste in music!!!!!!! Laura marling+johnny flynn are quite simply ammaaaazzziinnggggg!!!!! still waiting for my new laura marling alb to come through the post but i have no doubt it'll be immense+as for johnny flynn saw him at glasto in the "bumble in" tent@glasto in.....(thinks for a min)... 2008 i think it was he was awesome!!! sorry mild fangirl spazz there :lol:
annnyywwaaayyzzz got totally distracted from my purpose which was? oh yeah saying more about myself, welllll have just turned 27 am a uni graduate currently working in a crappy shop at the mo, but attempting to sort out some sort of work placement to do with music supervision god i hate doing c.v.s!!erm yeah thats about it really basically my entire life revolves around music and twilight i go to a gig practically every week :lol: and i play a couple of musical instruments.
:lol: life story o-v-e-r
"If your life was all you had to give your beloved, how could you not
give it? if it was someone you truly loved"- Breaking Dawn
**TEAM EDWARD**
obieewok

Post by obieewok »

Alright. I have made Janny happy, and today while at lunch I got the first and second Anita B books. I think I might have started the first before, but didn't get very far.

So for Janny, here I goes. There's never anything as too much smut, so we shall see. It might take me a little bit, but I'm going to get some smut.

@vamp----boy, have you come to the right place for smutty vampire novels. Black Daggar Brotherhood series by JR Ward is a personal fave, and most of the peeps on here will agree and call it there fave. If you like lots of different species other than vamps, try Immortals After Dark series by Kresley Cole----warning both sets of books are freaking smutty and hot, but well written. And apparently according to Janny the Anita Blake books by Laurrel Hamilton are smutterific, so I'll be checking those out. Mississippi was my enemy, only because I missed the spelling of the stupid state EVERY spelling bee. Stupid Ss and Is all over the place, it ain't natural. But I'll forgive you, since you have good mud pies and your accents are a hoot (yes, I know I'm Texan, but your Southern is REAL southern).

Twenty bucks says the family business involves the Mississippi Mob. Everyone knows Mississippi is the hotbed of all things gangsta'.

Obs Purveyor of all things Smutty
Clueless as to what a Laura Marling is, but will rectify
Has never heard Johnny Flynn, but stares constantly
"Has anyone ever shown you the difference between good touch and bad touch? 'Cause I'd love to demonstrate. We could start right now.'"

Like my banner? Suck it. MRK made it for me.
vampirenerd
Hiding Lauren's Hair Dye
Location: In my fantasy world with Edward...and Jacob (why not?)

Post by vampirenerd »

Thanks Obiee...I was beginning to wonder if I was the only one who had never heard of Laura Marling.

And yes Mississippi is so totally gangsta'. We're hardcore and all that. I have a love/hate relationship with my southern accent. It doesn't bother me most of the time and it is funny when I go up north and everyone asks you to say random words just to hear it. But sometimes I'll say something and think "oh my gosh that sounded country"...country being one of those words that sound country lol.

I have officially started a smut list and next time I'm near Books A Million I will pick a series and start reading :D
jasmine
Hanging Up on Jessica

Post by jasmine »

@oobs YEAY! *jumps up and down excitedly*
Don't forget, the first books arent as smutty as the rest. I mean, in the beginning shes even single..later on shes doing over 5(?)...some all at the same time.. :lol:
But the first books you get to know anita blake and her job, don't put it away if you think it's not smutty enough. trust me itll get better and better..
I had to buy them all from book 13 cause sids collegue couldnt take the smut anymore..LOL
I loaned the first 13 from her, now im buying all first 13 myself.

Im starting IAD and sookie when they come in somewhere between now and a week. Very curious about IAD.

I hope you'll read the rest of the Darkhunters obie, there are some really nice characters in there, my all time favs are acheron and simi. BUt dont forget Zarek(who reminds me of Zsadist!), or Vane, or all those other great guys.
It's not BDB, but it reads easily and the 'mine' factor is really there.
(personally, i dont think anything ever gets close to anita blake and BDB, im SPOILED)

ugh, ill try and post more soon, i havent been in online mode for wayyyyy too long.

The Gen Y Rocks My Twilight Socks

Follow me @ http://gosh-makeup.blogspot.com/
therealmrswhitlock

Post by therealmrswhitlock »

vamp--Another Jasper fan--whoot whoot! Plus Jackson is on the top of my If-I-Ever-Meet-Him-And-Get-The-Chance-I'd-Do-Him list, and so is ..wait for it...Alan Rickman!!! (No Joke---I am in love with Severus Snape. And I agree with Obs--I pick Slytherin because Draco Malfoy is HOTTTT! Ask Sarah for proof of that obsession--she's witnessed my fangirl-ness over Tom Felton, LOL--hey the guy speaks FRENCH for goodness sake! Me: Tom! Vous les vous couche avec moi? I have no idea if I spelled that right.)

Jen currently feels as though she's the only one of her friends who isn't coupled up. Hearing your friends talk about how wonderful their boyfriends/husbands are is kind of annoying when every guy you've dated has been a complete emotional retard. That is my new favorite term. It describes someone who either 1) Has no ability to adequately express emotions such as happiness, love, or even sorrow OR 2) Expresses such emotions, but has no degree of control (i.e. violent mood swings like a crazy menopausal chick--no offense). With the exception of one guy, known here as McJerkface, who didn't give a flying **** about the relationship part of a relationship and just wanted sex. Where have all the good guys gone? I swear I didn't meet these guys in bars or anything. Okay, enough of my whining.

Anita Blake--will check them out--wereleopard just made me interested. Haha Janny--Merry Gentry does multiples a LOT and those books also get smuttier as they go. And I love Laurel Hamilton, so I should like them. But first I must finish The Crystal Cave (I have to see what happens to Myrddin--that's Welsh for Merlin)

Obs---I'd actually pick Emmett because he'd make a joke out of it and I'd laugh with him, so it wouldn't be as awkward. I like Jasper too much to let him piss on me--I'd never be able to look him in the face again, LOL.

I keep telling you people--especially Paulie--if you want the "MINE" factor, freaking read the Carpathian books by Christine Feehan---great smut, the MINE factor definitely there (especially when werewolves are introduced), one girl even got obstinate so her mate just picked her up and carried her home, LOL, and a good storyline to back them up.

Okay, that's enough for now--bye!
Left my heart on the Gen Y thread....<3 my Lexily!
How could anyone say no to this face? Awww....
animegaijingirl

Post by animegaijingirl »

x
Last edited by animegaijingirl on Wed Mar 04, 2015 11:50 am, edited 1 time in total.