Randomness...The 13th

Off-Topic Forum for things having nothing to do with Twilight or the entertainment industry

Moderators: bac, cullengirl, una, Nena

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
Wingtear
Playing Thunderball

Re: Randomness...The 13th

Post by Wingtear »

I'm hating a TV commercial right now, they keep saying "Dragon is NOT an animal".

Well I suppose reptile would be a classification that would fit, but then again, if that's just because of the scales we could just as well be fish!
Even though we lay eggs we are hot blooded (and tempered whilst in our youth) and thus the previous do not fit entirely. If you consider the practical things, we're a lot like penguins, and since we can fly I would dare say we're more birdlike than they are. Then again we're too heavy to be able to fly accordingly to the laws of physics, hence maybe we are bumblebee's?
Well, this pondering won't make me or anyone else any wiser, but I think it at least establishes once and for all that DRAGONS ARE ANIMALS!

and if that wasn't random enough for y'all, then I don't know what is ;)
Banner and avatar by the amazing MRK
samajama
Finding Stuff in Billy's Trunk

Post by samajama »

Shel! You sent me that song. I haven't listened to it yet. ...Don't hurt me. :]

Ninna!! hahahaha, yes..the Eclipse engagement was...sleazier (yes, just made up a word) than the book, but whatever, I still enjoyed it ;]

Hi everyone else! Visiting Shel was suuuuuuuper fun and I miss her already because I'm a giant dork face. I just ordered my books for school. Sigh. Hmm, what else? My cousin-to-be's bridal shower was yesterday and so was my mom's birthday party. I slept until 4 today... :oops: hehe.

Not too much going on in my life. I've been reading though! Woo!! What have I read since I last posted here? Um. I finished re-reading all of Sarah Dessen's books, read Bree Tanner, Sizzling Sixteen, the first DH book, re-read The Host, read Covet, Wake, and Fade! Aaaaaand I'm starting Gone at some point today. :D

That's all for now. <3
Sam

ETA: I started and finished GONE and then I started Kyrian's book. I stayed up until 9am reading it then kind of passed out. I got up at 2:30 and finished it. :] I intended on starting Her Fearful Symmetry today, but reading two books in one day (pretty much) took a lot out of me, lol. I'm finally going to sleep now. :oops: I miss you, ladies and gents!
ETA (again): Finished Kyrian's book, Nightlight, Her Fearful Symmetry, and Talon's book. Now I've started re-reading The Hunger Games. Next up is Cathing Fire and Mockingjay. I'm possibly reading The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy before Mockingjay, depending on how fast I read/MJ comes in the mail. :] <3Sam
Team Edward Bringing sexy back since 1901. I'm on the ListV2 Sammy Whammy
Team "Screw you freaks; I want Ben!"...........Randomness Resident
LOVE MY TWINNIES: Mary and Shel <3
'twahy-lahyt'
Lusting for Blood

Post by 'twahy-lahyt' »

We fail at life. Okay, maybe WE don't, but this thread does. It's a shame how the randomness thread has... like died. Oh well though! Life goes on.

I finished Mockingjay. And I hated it. But I also loved it. It's a love/hate thing. I have that with a lot of books.

I'm cooking right now, and listening to K. Flay. I need to wash dishes, but meh. I hate washing dishes. Plus I've been cleaning all week, like on hands and knees scrubbing. I think I deserve a break! I'm glad you all agree.

I don't really know what else to say... Maybe this is why Randomness has died. That and Facebook.
Anywho, love you all!
samajama
Finding Stuff in Billy's Trunk

Post by samajama »

I don't like that Randomness is dead. Sad face. I'm still reading Crave. I've been reading it since it came out. That's almost a month. I have four of Shel's books. I should read those too. I actually finished my work pretty early tonight, so I think I might go read Crave right now.

Love y'all!
-Sam
Team Edward Bringing sexy back since 1901. I'm on the ListV2 Sammy Whammy
Team "Screw you freaks; I want Ben!"...........Randomness Resident
LOVE MY TWINNIES: Mary and Shel <3
Wingtear
Playing Thunderball

Post by Wingtear »

I don't want randomness to die either :(
I'm doing my best to get through Angel Time by Anne Rice, it's going slow though. Wonder if it has anything to do with a soon to be one year old craving attention? Probably.
I have a dentist appointment today :( It's a new dentist, because I'm now too old for the one provided by the state. Which sucks, 'cos dental is expensive and now I have to go private. And since I found a major hole on the outside of one tooth I can't really ignore it.
pennybug84
Protector of Jacob's Honor

Post by pennybug84 »

'twahy-lahyt' wrote: I finished Mockingjay. And I hated it. But I also loved it. It's a love/hate thing. I have that with a lot of books.
Me too! There were some parts I hated & others I loved. It's not usually that way for me and books. I loved HG & CF but for me MJ was kind of a disappointment.

So I'm up later than I should be.....again.
Just listening to my Lifehouse mix/playlist. It's over 4 hours of music! I ♥ them so much.
I can't believe it's freakin NOVEMBER!! Where has this year gone? I'm less than 60 days until another birthday. SERIOUSLY?!?!
Can't really think of anything else to write tonight. About to try to go upstairs & go to bed.
"She doesn't know what she wants" - Jacob Black "Yeah she does!" - Rob Pattinson
'twahy-lahyt'
Lusting for Blood

Post by 'twahy-lahyt' »

Hey there!
I was bored so I figured I'd post! (way to keep Randomness alive, I know.)
One of my besties is still sleeping, my bed tends to keep people asleep longer than they usually would... It is VERY comfortable, I must admit. I guess I'll read until she gets up. Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire! It's a reread. I wanted to get the series done before the movie comes out!

In other, more exciting news, I'm going to be going up to Virginia this Thursday! And I'm stopping in Raleigh to see Chloe!! We live 2 hours apart and we, like, never see each other. That should be a sin. Also while I'm up in VA I'll be meeting Kym. She used to post a lot on here too. So 2 Lexers in less than a week! Plus one of my besties is in VA (really the reason I'm travelling at all is to see her, since I haven't seen her since August!)

Anywho, I'm off to read! <3
threethings
Phase Control Expert

Post by threethings »

Yeah. . .I just wanted to check in and say hi.
You guys have no idea how much I miss my obsession days. . .so sad.

Random things:
-Socks!
-I need to ship Shel's present. . .but one part has not arrived yet. *sigh*
-It's cold.
-I really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really need to mop.

Chloe
■ E<3B ■ Banner Goddess ■ Taking Requests
ImageImage
Silver Rose
Wandering Through Town

Post by Silver Rose »

It seems like whenever I sign up for forum threads, they're like... dead. I've only been signed up for a few days but I think I've already missed all the action. :cry: I'm signed up on a different Twilight forum site, too. It was really great for the 8 months I was there but ever since August, no one has been on there, and here as well.

Now I'm not sure what to do or where to go. That probably sounds pathetic but I really enjoyed talking to others about these books. I suppose no one else likes to talk about them anymore. *Sigh* I keep hoping that when it gets closer to when Breaking Dawn comes out, the forum sites will rise up again. I'm a little doubtful that will happen though.
Thanks to Eclipsed.by.Love for the sig and avi
Wingtear
Playing Thunderball

Post by Wingtear »

Happy New Year randomness :mrgreen:

Yeah, it's been a while.
I'm having my winter vacation, 1½ weeks of freedom. Nice
Hubs been away for 2 months, he's now back. Real nice :D