Richelle Mead's Vampire Academy Series

Off-Topic Forum for things having nothing to do with Twilight or the entertainment industry

Moderators: bac, cullengirl, una, Nena

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
gamb1t
I'm A Proud Twilight Guy

Re: Richelle Mead's Vampire Academy Series

Post by gamb1t »

I actually am a Proud twilight guy. I get a lot of flack from my friends about it, but who cares. I'm a firm believer that you shouldn't pass judgement on something unless you have tried it/done it, and Twilight was a prime example because I really enjoyed reading the series. So yes, everytime someone sees the Twilight series in my bookshelf, I just look at them and tell them they should read it.
ImageImageImageImage
rapid_reader1
Banging Out Dents with Tyler
Location: Watching for The Vampire Diaries season two, and Glee season two!!

Post by rapid_reader1 »

Good for you! :D We need more guys who are interested in Twilight, and the VA series too :)

Vampire Academy forever! Team Damirian because both own my heart

ALSEW Awesome League of Extraordinary SKIT Writers

ILoveAliceCullen<3 is the best VFF ever!
gamb1t
I'm A Proud Twilight Guy

Post by gamb1t »

Hehe, I actually like the VA series better than Twilight.....well minus Eclipse....Eclipse was far and above the other 3 twilight novels IMO....but still VA series as a whole has more appeal to me. Your thoughts?
ImageImageImageImage
rapid_reader1

Post by rapid_reader1 »

VA is definatelly #1. Eclipse is the best Twilight book, BD my least favorite (possibly because when I first read it, it was like 3am). Spirit Bound is my favorite book of ALL TIME, but it's so different from Shadow Kiss and Blood Promise that they're hard to compare. The first book is my least favorite. But because RM wrote it, it get's leeway. :lol:

Ok, I'm finally starting to write out my favorite quotes!

"Most fathers don't threaten to disembowel their daughters' boyfriends"
"That's not true. And anyway, that's not what I actually said. It was much worse."
Pg 47-48

"Sometimes it's like you don't even care about me as a person. It's like you're just using me for shock value."
"It's both, little dhampir. I care about you, and I'm using you for shock value."
pg 68

"Honestly, darling. Do you even look in a mirror before you walk out the door? Your hair's a mess."
"Are you kidding? I spent hours in front of a mirror to make it look this way."
pg 69

"True. I'd really like to know how he keeps his two mistresses a secret from his wife."
pg 71

"I don't know. This college would probably have the same problem the last one did."
"What's that?"
"Homework."
"It's okay. I don't really need a job or extra money. After Rose and I get married, the kids and I'll just live off of her guardian paycheck."
"Her Royal Majesty Queen Tatiana is here."
pg 72-73

"But Rose? While I'm fine with you two dating and being happy, please try not to break his heart too much when the time comes."
pg 79

"And by girl stuff, I meant breaking and entering."
pg 80

"It occurred to me that I was standing face-to-face with the hero of a love story nearly as dramatic as my own."
pg 87

"Oh my. This may be the best meal I've ever had."
"Put your teeth anywhere near me and it'll be your last meal."
pg 126

"Four thirty? Good God. Are we getting the senior citizen special?"
pg 151

"Did you know that Victor Dashkov is sitting on your bed?"
"Yeah. It was kind of a shock to us too."
pg 153

"No. You cannot. It's like nothing you can imagine. Nothing. Right now . . . right now . . . you have the world. A universe of senses beyond those of others, an understanding of another person that no one can have. To lose that . . . to have it ripped away . . . it would make you wish for death."
pg 163

"I told you. I told you I'd find you."
"Yeah. I got the memos."
"Roza...Why? Why did you have to be so difficult? We could have spent eternity together..."
"I felt my heart breaking all over again. Why? Why had this happened to us? Why was the universe so cruel?"
"Sorry. My eternity doesn't involve being part of the undead mafia."
"I know. Eternity will be lonely without you."
pg 174-178

"I love him."
"What?"
"Dimitri...he's more than my instructor..."
"Was."
"Huh?"
"He was more than your instructor. You loved him."
pg 183

"Don't you dare talk about them like that, or I'll smash that wineglass in your face."
"Feisty."
"You have no idea. She's had kind of a bad day."
"You should dress her better, you know."
"I'm not interested in putting clothes on her."
"Watch it."
pg 191-195

"Rose, nothing in this world could make me hate you."
"Not even bringing my ex-boyfriend back from the dead?"
"Yeah, I'll be honest. If Belikov were walking around right now, alive like he used to be? There would be some problems. I don't want to think what would happen with us if...well, it's not worth wasting time on. He's not here."
"I still...I still want us to work. I would still try, even if he were back. I just have a hard time letting someone I care about go."
"I know. You did want you did out of love. I can't be mad at you over that. It was stupid, but that's how love is. Do you have any idea what I'd do for you? To keep you safe?"
"Adrian...I'm sorry."
"Be sorry that you lied. Don't be sorry you loved him. That's part of you, part you have to let go, yeah, but still something that's made you who you are."
"Rose, I can think of many words to describe you, sexy and hot being at the top of the list. You know what's not on the list? Sane."
pg 224-225

"Clearly, he was underestimating my ability to consume food."
pg 249

"I'd rather you two stay alive. At least for a little while longer."
"Why?"
"Because I need you to be bait for Rose."
pg 262

"I just know that as long as he's still alive--or, well, kind of alive--then you're in danger. And I can't stand that. I can't stand knowing that your life is in the balance. And it is, Rose. You'll never be safe until he's gone. I want you safe. I need you to be safe. I can't...I can't have anything happen to you."
pg 268

"A nightmare. My worst nightmare ever."
pg 274

"You're beautiful in battle. Like an avenging angel come to deliver the justice of heaven."
"Funny. That is kind of why I'm here."
"Angels fall, Rose."
"You can't, Rose. Haven't you figured that out by now? Haven't you seen it? You can't defeat me. You can't kill me. Even if you could, you can't bring yourself to do it. You'll hesitate. Again."
"No, I wouldn't. That's what he didn't realize. He'd made a mistake bringing Lissa here. She increased the stakes--no pun intended--on everything. She was here. She was real. Her life was on the line, and for that...for that, I wouldn't hesitate."
pg 280-284

"Not a miracle. A fairy tale."
pg 289

"Rose, you can't go. It's not just that Dimitri didn't ask to see you. He asked specifically not to see you."
"She'd done a lot to save him, true, but I was the one who'd traveled around the globe for him. I was the one who had continually risked my life for him. Most importantly, I was the one who loved him. How could he turn his back on that?"
pg 307, 316-317

And that's only like half. Not kidding.

rapid_reader1

Post by rapid_reader1 »

Lol, glad to see there's an Eddie fan here! :) Eddie is cool, but I'm all Adrian.

So I just heard a great argument for Danielle being Tatiana's killer and Adrian being the Dragomir child.

BellaEdward4ever
Wandering Through Town

Post by BellaEdward4ever »

Ugh Adrian better not get her pregnate i don't ship them at all,i ship Dimitri and Rose all the way they have so much build up not to be together so it would be stupid if they aren't endgame.i didn't like that Rose almost had sex with Adrian idk that just felt so wrong to me
Imagecredit fanpop
gamb1t
I'm A Proud Twilight Guy

Post by gamb1t »

Ive been told that RM kinda hates happy endings...so I have a feeling either Adrian or Dimitri will die in the next book...Maybe Adrian sacrificing himself for Rose while Dimitri is hurt or something...I've heard a bunch of theories and not quite sure what will happen...but I don't see Adrian and Dimitri both making it
ImageImageImageImage
rapid_reader1

Post by rapid_reader1 »

Very, very recently (as in, about 5 minutes ago) I came up with the idea that Rose will sacrifice herself for Dimitri. Because a lot of people seem to think that Dimitri will try to make sure Rose won't go to jail, but then Rose will make a confession that she did it so that Moroi won't think Dimitri is still a Strigoi, and then they won't kill him.

:cry: I really want Adrian and Dimitri to both make it! I know I'll be crying anyway, just because the series is over, but if A or D die...I'll probably curl up in a corner and cry for about a week. No joke.

BellaEdward4ever, if you thought the almost-sex was bad, what did you think about the blood drinking? :lol:

aussie-twigirl
Helping Mike to Get a Clue

Post by aussie-twigirl »

Hey VA fans! :D There's not as many fans here as I thought there would be

I just *love* this series and it's good to see others feel the same about it as me!

Anyhoo, I was recently exploring some VA sites/forums, and i discovered that an American company (Preger Entertainment) has just gotten the film rights of the series, and is in the early stages of bring this series to the screen. I'm not too sure whether they're planing on a series of films or just one.

There's an official FB page which is run by the producers, which you can find here

And here's the wikipedia page where it say this and an article about the official confirmation here

Personally, I'm a little worried that this is going to become a film. Don't get me wrong, i'd love to see it made. But I'm really hoping that they do this right, by staying true to the books and not making too many changes to it just to make it more popular. And I'm hoping that they're doing it for the right reasons and not just to cash in with the 'vampire craze' that seems to be happening at the moment with Twilight, Vampire Diaries, Trueblood, etc.

At this stage, everything is in really early developments. The rights were only given in early June. They haven't announced a cast, dirrector or screen-writter, or even how many films they'll do... So it'll be an interesting few months to see how it goes.

I'm not sure whether anyone else hear has heard about this? But i thought that we could add this development into the discussion. I'd love to hear what other fans think about this.. and what you're imagined cast would be?
TY KYM!! =)
Paige I'm on the ListV2!
Edward|Emmett|Quil|Carlisle|Alice
SHIEGE and PIEGE = TWINS *~* KYM IS MY TSB
My Blog - Kaleidoscopic Dreams
rapid_reader1

Post by rapid_reader1 »

Yay! It's been forever since anyone replied on here :D

I've been following the movie news, and right now they're looking for a studio. No script or actors yet. :)

I've posted this before, but there are a lot of really dedicated VA fans on here, and we discuss everything from the movie(s), books, graphic novel, ect. Look here

Personally, I would be much happier if they were making it into a show then a movie. I watch the Twilight movies, but they've kind of ruined the books for me. :( The Vampire Diaries may be very different from the books, but it's extremely enjoyable in it's own way.

I'm so happy for Richelle Mead to have her wonderful books be recognised this way, but that doesn't mean I'm not apprehensive about what this will do.

I don't have an imagined cast, but most of the people on here are pretty good :)