Richelle Mead's Vampire Academy Series

Off-Topic Forum for things having nothing to do with Twilight or the entertainment industry

Moderators: bac, cullengirl, una, Nena

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
Edwards Ragazza
Officially Bitten!

Re: Richelle Mead's Vampire Academy Series

Post by Edwards Ragazza »

I picked up Bloodlines and have the first in Dark Swan series from my local library. Right now I have a lot out from the library and reading by order of due date. When I get to them I will post here though.
Banner by TammyAZ
BlueStarEgo
Lusting for Blood

Post by BlueStarEgo »

You'll love Storm Born, Desiree.
Chrissy | Team.Edward(T)/Damon(TVD)/Eric(TB)/Adrian(VA)Peeta(THG) | Music.Addict
- - * will you still love me tomorrow? - Amy Winehouse
Edwards Ragazza
Officially Bitten!

BlueStarEgo wrote:You'll love Storm Born, Desiree.
I can't wait. Her VA books I felt were worth the purchase used. I have a feeling I am going to want to own all her books. What didn't you like about the Georgina series without giving to much away?

[ Post made via Mobile Device ]
Banner by TammyAZ
BlueStarEgo
Lusting for Blood

Post by BlueStarEgo »

It's not that I didn't like it. I liked them just fine. I just loved VA & the Dark Swan series more than I did Georgina's. I'm not a BIG love story reader and I just felt like her and Seth were too mushy for me. But I still read the first 5 back to back. I like Richelle's writing. The characters in Georgina's series are very easy to fall in love with.
Chrissy | Team.Edward(T)/Damon(TVD)/Eric(TB)/Adrian(VA)Peeta(THG) | Music.Addict
- - * will you still love me tomorrow? - Amy Winehouse
Edwards Ragazza
Officially Bitten!

Since I didn't get a chance to read Bloodlines or the DArk Sawn series. I went to my local used book store were the books are only .50. I picked up the first 2 books in the DS series. I did buy the first four in VA although b/c it was a trade book size I purchased it for 18 which I still feel isn't bad. My hubs doesn't get why I buy books I have already read. :roll: Gotta to keep the books I love!
Banner by TammyAZ
21Twilight21
Lured By the Scent
Location: Trying To Decide Between Edward, Stefan, & Dimitri <3!

Post by 21Twilight21 »

I'm so disappointed on how behind I've gotten in my reading :(! Between my classes, hanging out with friends, and keeping in touch with family, I haven't had much time to read these past few months!
I am on my winter break and I hope to catch up on my reading as well as the Vampire Diaries!

I wanted to stop by to say hello to everyone and I'll try to read Bloodlines as soon as I can!
Thanks Chrissy for my banner:
~Call me Kym~ I'm on the ListV2! *Paige is my TSB* Chrissy is my Talented Artist Friend :)
^Fee-B is my dependable buddy^
dazzel21
Red-Eyed Vampire

Post by dazzel21 »

BlueStarEgo wrote:It's not that I didn't like it. I liked them just fine. I just loved VA & the Dark Swan series more than I did Georgina's. I'm not a BIG love story reader and I just felt like her and Seth were too mushy for me. But I still read the first 5 back to back. I like Richelle's writing. The characters in Georgina's series are very easy to fall in love with.
Hmmmnnnn...in that case I think I would enjoy Georgina Kincaid's series better. I'm into mushy stuff :lol: . It's on my absolutely to be read list after Black Dagger Brotherhood series, 2 more books to go...
"Because each and every one of us needs our own personal brand of heroine."
~Team Edward Forever~
funkidiva
Hiding Lauren's Hair Dye

Post by funkidiva »

I like how Sydney's character has developed in Bloodlines and that you get to see the usual characters from a different point of view.

With Sydney, I like how her perception of certain "types" of people are changing. She is becoming more open and occassionally relaxes too :) Her and Adrian will be an interesting relationship to read about.

When is the next book out do we know?
"And so the lion fell in love with the lamb" "...What shoes had Alice put me in? Stilettos? She'd lost her mind..."
dazzel21
Red-Eyed Vampire

Post by dazzel21 »

funkidiva wrote:When is the next book out do we know?
It's entitled "The Golden Lily", release date is on June 19, 2012.

Chrissy, Desiree did you know there's an official guide for the Vampire Academy. I'm not sure if I'm allowed to post outside link but you could try searching it on Amazon. Vampire Academy: The Ultimate Guide by Michelle Rowen with Richelle Mead...
Discover the history of St. Vladimir's Academy, explore the dark psychology behind Rose and Lissa's spirit bond, and find out even more illicit secrets about Moroi society. This ultimate guide will feature everything readers want and need to go even deeper into the world of Vampire Academy, Frostbite, Shadow Kiss, Blood Promise, Spirit Bound, and Last Sacrifice . . . every heartache, every betrayal, every sacrifice, and so much more! - Amazon.com
"Because each and every one of us needs our own personal brand of heroine."
~Team Edward Forever~
Edwards Ragazza
Officially Bitten!

Raine~ I did see that but I probably wont buy it. I did however end up purchasing VA at a used bookstore even though the books look like they have never been read, the first 2 books of the DArk Swan series and one of the Georgina series the On Top one.

Also Raine ~ I think you know this but I also have all but 3 of the Black Dagger brothers. Just waiting for my used bookstore to get them. ;)
Banner by TammyAZ