Name the Movie from the Quote

Off-Topic Forum for things having nothing to do with Twilight or the entertainment industry

Moderators: bac, cullengirl, una, Nena

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
VirginiaMay
Has Caught Sight of Edward

Re: Name the Movie from the Quote

Post by VirginiaMay »

Oh My Gosh, I know this one!! :D
Jestak wrote:Did you want confession?
Heh? Well, maybe later, Father. 'Cause where I am going, I'd just have to come right back.

That's from Desperado.

(Okay, so this is my first post here and I haven't read every single page. Go easy on me if it's a repeat...)

NEXT::

But I've got to make it to Thursday. It's for my children. My wife died a few years ago and I'm all they have left. Please, Sir "Edith."

Sir "Edd-ith." Mozer.
But on... on the book it's spelled "Edith."
But it's pronounced "Edd-ith."
That's a girl's name.
Look here, it is not a girl's name. Edith is a boy's name.
Who were you named after?
I was named after my grandmama!
And they called her "Edd-ith?"
No! Her name is "Edith!"
So you see, it IS a girl's name!
Jestak
Wrestling With Emmett

Post by Jestak »

But I've got to make it to Thursday. It's for my children. My wife died a few years ago and I'm all they have left. Please, Sir "Edith."
Sir "Edd-ith." Mozer.
But on... on the book it's spelled "Edith."
But it's pronounced "Edd-ith."
That's a girl's name.
Look here, it is not a girl's name. Edith is a boy's name.
Who were you named after?
I was named after my grandmama!
And they called her "Edd-ith?"
No! Her name is "Edith!"
So you see, it IS a girl's name!

That is from Ghost Dad

Next:

I can no longer sit back and allow Communist infiltration, Communist indoctrination, Communist subversion, and the international Communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids.
"May the hinges of friendship never rust, nor the wings of love lose a feather"--Scottish blessing
nissanmama
Officially Bitten!

Post by nissanmama »

Jestak wrote:I can no longer sit back and allow Communist infiltration, Communist indoctrination, Communist subversion, and the international Communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids.
That's from Dr. Strangelove: Or How I Learned To Stop Worrying And Love The Bomb. Kubrick is a strange, strange man.

NEXT:

Well, apparently you don't complain!
You haven't given me a chance.
https://picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo/p ... directlink
40-something and feeling a little like Mrs. Cope.
Banner by Fry
Jestak
Wrestling With Emmett

Post by Jestak »

Well, apparently you don't complain!
You haven't given me a chance.

That is from The Enchanted Cottage.

Next:

Colonel Von Luger, it is the sworn duty of all officers to try to escape. If they cannot escape, then it is their sworn duty to cause the enemy to use an inordinate number of troops to guard them, and their sworn duty to harass the enemy to the best of their ability.
"May the hinges of friendship never rust, nor the wings of love lose a feather"--Scottish blessing
Jazz Girl
Making beautiful music with Edward as only I can

Post by Jazz Girl »

Colonel Von Luger, it is the sworn duty of all officers to try to escape. If they cannot escape, then it is their sworn duty to cause the enemy to use an inordinate number of troops to guard them, and their sworn duty to harass the enemy to the best of their ability.

This was one of those that I had to read and reread and let percolate in my brain. I knew it was there, could see the answer in my head, but just couldn't quite get it. And then, WHAM!

The Great Escape.

*whew*

NEXT:

What was that ruckus?!
Uh, what ruckus?
I was just in my office and I heard a ruckus.
Could you describe the ruckus, sir?
“Directing 7 Cullens at once=herding cats" :ROTFLMAO:
C-Dubs is TwitterRoyalty
Turning Page is Gospel~Ashley=MiniMe~HHBS
VolturiGirl
Hanging Up on Jessica

Post by VolturiGirl »

Jazz Girl wrote:Colonel Von Luger, it is the sworn duty of all officers to try to escape. If they cannot

What was that ruckus?!
Uh, what ruckus?
I was just in my office and I heard a ruckus.
Could you describe the ruckus, sir?

The Breakfast Club. *Don't mess with the bull young man, you'll get the horns* :D

Around here your Johnny Kelly, a law abiding nightclub owner. Not the notorious gangster...(sorry. movie name)
Sure and I'm the Pope.
Banner by Tammy AZ

Aro, Caius, Marcus
The Original Godfathers
Jestak
Wrestling With Emmett

Post by Jestak »

Around here your Johnny Kelly, a law abiding nightclub owner. Not the notorious gangster...(sorry. movie name)
Sure and I'm the Pope.

That is from Johnny Dangerously

Next:

It'll turn up in our bed at night. Talk to him. You speak shellfish...Annie, there's a big lobster behind the refrigerator. I can't get it out...Maybe if I put a little dish of butter sauce here with a nutcracker, it will run out the other side?...We should have gotten steaks, 'cause they don't have legs. They don't run around.
Keeper of the Lex's Sonic Screwdriver

Post by 24601 »

Jestak wrote:It'll turn up in our bed at night. Talk to him. You speak shellfish...Annie, there's a big lobster behind the refrigerator. I can't get it out...Maybe if I put a little dish of butter sauce here with a nutcracker, it will run out the other side?...We should have gotten steaks, 'cause they don't have legs. They don't run around.
Annie Hall

Next:

There are two kinds of people in the world, my friend: Those with a rope around the neck, and the people who have the job of doing the cutting.
Noli improbos sinere te conterere
nissanmama
Officially Bitten!

Post by nissanmama »

24601 wrote:There are two kinds of people in the world, my friend: Those with a rope around the neck, and the people who have the job of doing the cutting.
The Good, The Bad, and the Ugly. Classic!

NEXT:

So you think you've solved in fourteen days what they couldn't solve in two years?
https://picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo/p ... directlink
40-something and feeling a little like Mrs. Cope.
Banner by Fry
Jestak
Wrestling With Emmett

Post by Jestak »

So you think you've solved in fourteen days what they couldn't solve in two years?

That is from Stargate

Next:

You wanted to be a member of the most powerful clique in school. If I wasn't already the head of it, I'd want the same thing.