Name the Movie from the Quote

Off-Topic Forum for things having nothing to do with Twilight or the entertainment industry

Moderators: bac, cullengirl, una, Nena

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
Jazz Girl
Making beautiful music with Edward as only I can

Re: Name the Movie from the Quote

Post by Jazz Girl »

Tornado wrote:That's from Back to the Future II

Listen, strange women lying in ponds distributing swords is no basis for a system of government. Supreme executive power derives from a mandate from the masses, not from some farcical aquatic ceremony! You can't expect to wield supreme executive power just because some watery tart threw a sword at you! If I claimed to be emperor just because some moistened bint lobbed a scimitar at me they'd put me away.

Be quiet! I order you to be quiet!

Ah, now we see the violence inherent in the system. Now we see the violence inherent in the system! Help! Help! I'm being repressed!
MONTY PYTHON AND THE HOLY GRAIL!!!!!! *sigh* Best. Movie. Ever.

Next:

(Boy) It stinks. I don't know if I wanna go in.
(Girl) It smells like your room...You go in there.
“Directing 7 Cullens at once=herding cats" :ROTFLMAO:
C-Dubs is TwitterRoyalty
Turning Page is Gospel~Ashley=MiniMe~HHBS
Jestak
Wrestling With Emmett

Post by Jestak »

(Boy) It stinks. I don't know if I wanna go in.
(Girl) It smells like your room...You go in there.

That is from Dante's Peak.

Next:

Ya see Mr. Bond, you can't kill my dreams. But my dreams can kill you. Time to face destiny.
[James pulls Graves' parachute cord]
Time to face gravity.
"May the hinges of friendship never rust, nor the wings of love lose a feather"--Scottish blessing
Keeper of the Lex's Sonic Screwdriver

Post by 24601 »

Jestak wrote: Next:

Ya see Mr. Bond, you can't kill my dreams. But my dreams can kill you. Time to face destiny.
[James pulls Graves' parachute cord]
Time to face gravity.
Die Another Day

"Things go wrong. You can't explain it, you can't predict it. Killing yourself wo'nt bring your dad back. I'm sorry that he died, but that was a long time ago. You gotta move on. Stop living in the past, and look what you got right in front of you. "
Noli improbos sinere te conterere
Jestak
Wrestling With Emmett

Post by Jestak »

"Things go wrong. You can't explain it, you can't predict it. Killing yourself wo'nt bring your dad back. I'm sorry that he died, but that was a long time ago. You gotta move on. Stop living in the past, and look what you got right in front of you. "

That is from Twister.

Next:

Please Mr. Dickinson, but must you start banging? How is a man to sleep?

[laughter from Congress]
Forgive me, Dr. Franklin, but must YOU start speaking? How is a man to stay awake?
"May the hinges of friendship never rust, nor the wings of love lose a feather"--Scottish blessing
Keeper of the Lex's Sonic Screwdriver

Post by 24601 »

Jestak wrote: Next:

Please Mr. Dickinson, but must you start banging? How is a man to sleep?

[laughter from Congress]
Forgive me, Dr. Franklin, but must YOU start speaking? How is a man to stay awake?

Next:

"The very first time I saw you Harry, I recognized you immediately. Not by your scar, by your eyes. They're your mother; Lily's. Yes, I knew her. You mother was there for me at a time when no one else was. Not only was she a singularly gifted witch, she was also an uncommonly kind woman. She had a way of seeing the beauty in others, even, and perhaps most especially, when that person couldn't see it in themselves. Your father, James, however, had a certain, shall we say, talent for trouble. A talent, rumor has it, he passed onto you. You're more like them then you know, Harry. In time you'll come to see just how much. "
Noli improbos sinere te conterere
♥midnight_sun♥
Riding in the Rabbit

Post by ♥midnight_sun♥ »

"The very first time I saw you Harry, I recognized you immediately. Not by your scar, by your eyes. They're your mother; Lily's. Yes, I knew her. You mother was there for me at a time when no one else was. Not only was she a singularly gifted witch, she was also an uncommonly kind woman. She had a way of seeing the beauty in others, even, and perhaps most especially, when that person couldn't see it in themselves. Your father, James, however, had a certain, shall we say, talent for trouble. A talent, rumor has it, he passed onto you. You're more like them then you know, Harry. In time you'll come to see just how much. " - Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban.

"What's wrong with the way I talk? What's the big idea? Am I dumb or something? "
Fan Fiction Addict•The Halfway House and Brute Squad Member•Banner/Signature OCD
Team Edward•JazzGirl's Official MiniMe•Cullenist•Keeper of the Names•Hatter Obsessed
Jestak
Wrestling With Emmett

Post by Jestak »

"What's wrong with the way I talk? What's the big idea? Am I dumb or something? "

That is from the classic Singin' in the Rain

Next:

I had two serious girlfriends... and then some other smattering of other women.
[Notices Maya looking strangely at him]
What?
What's the boy word for 'slut'?
They still haven't come up with one yet. But I'm sure they're working on it.
♥midnight_sun♥
Riding in the Rabbit

Post by ♥midnight_sun♥ »

"I had two serious girlfriends... and then some other smattering of other women.
[Notices Maya looking strangely at him]
What?
What's the boy word for 'slut'?
They still haven't come up with one yet. But I'm sure they're working on it." -Definitely, Maybe.

"You know, uhm... When my mom and dad were first getting divorced, I would always pretend not to hear my dad call up to me to say good-bye. 'Cause I always thought he'd stay longer. If... he couldn't actually say it to me, you know? Maybe it's like that for you. Bye."
Fan Fiction Addict•The Halfway House and Brute Squad Member•Banner/Signature OCD
Team Edward•JazzGirl's Official MiniMe•Cullenist•Keeper of the Names•Hatter Obsessed
Jestak
Wrestling With Emmett

Post by Jestak »

"You know, uhm... When my mom and dad were first getting divorced, I would always pretend not to hear my dad call up to me to say good-bye. 'Cause I always thought he'd stay longer. If... he couldn't actually say it to me, you know? Maybe it's like that for you. Bye."

That is from The Safety of Objects (spoken by Kristen Stewart)

Next:

And why would the people listen to you?
Because, unlike some other Robin Hoods, I can speak with an English accent.
Kate
Officially Bitten!
Location: Wandering in the town, holding my arm tightly around the hold in my chest…

Post by Kate »

Robin Hood Men in tights!!!! Love that movie! <3 In French, they traduce that quote by: «Unlike
other Robin Hood, I agree to wear tights» Make me laugh each time... :)
-What the hell was that?
-A Kiwi! Oh!
-What is she doing? Charades?
-I love charades. Okay. Sounds like ... No. No props in charades. No props and no clothes. Uncle Pete's rules.
-Ew!

"When Kate met Garrett, she found something she'd never found [...]. She is currently attempting monogamy for the first time in her long life." S. M. The guide p. 157