Name the Movie from the Quote

Off-Topic Forum for things having nothing to do with Twilight or the entertainment industry

Moderators: bac, cullengirl, una, Nena

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
Keeper of the Lex's Sonic Screwdriver

Re: Name the Movie from the Quote

Post by 24601 »

Tornado wrote:Here's another one:

Not only does he know how to treat his editor-in-chief with the proper respect, not only does he have a snappy, punchy, prose style, but he is, in my forty years in the business, the fastest typist I've ever seen.
Superman

Next:

A: That girl will rain destruction down on you and your ship. She is an albatross, Captain.
B: Way I remember it, albatross was a ship's good luck, 'til some idiot killed it.
(Pause)
B: [aside] Yes, I've read a poem. Try not to faint.
Noli improbos sinere te conterere
Jestak
Wrestling With Emmett

Post by Jestak »

Not only does he know how to treat his editor-in-chief with the proper respect, not only does he have a snappy, punchy, prose style, but he is, in my forty years in the business, the fastest typist I've ever seen.

That is from Superman

and:

A: That girl will rain destruction down on you and your ship. She is an albatross, Captain.
B: Way I remember it, albatross was a ship's good luck, 'til some idiot killed it.
(Pause)
B: [aside] Yes, I've read a poem. Try not to faint.

Since we crossposted, that is from Serenity.

Next:

You think you could break a log like that?
Don't know. Never been attacked by a tree.
"May the hinges of friendship never rust, nor the wings of love lose a feather"--Scottish blessing
Tornado
Member: LaPush Cliff Diving Team

Post by Tornado »

That's from Karate Kid Part II

Here's another one:

Nobody throws me my own gun and says "run". Nobody.
Jestak
Wrestling With Emmett

Post by Jestak »

Nobody throws me my own gun and says "run". Nobody.

That is from The Magnificent Seven.

Next, another Western quote:

Now you understand. Anything goes wrong, anything at all... your fault, my fault, nobody's fault... it won't matter - I'm gonna blow your head off. No matter what else happens, no matter who gets killed I'm gonna blow your head off.
"May the hinges of friendship never rust, nor the wings of love lose a feather"--Scottish blessing
VolturiGirl
Hanging Up on Jessica

Post by VolturiGirl »

Now you understand. Anything goes wrong, anything at all... your fault, my fault, nobody's fault... it won't matter - I'm gonna blow your head off. No matter what else happens, no matter who gets killed I'm gonna blow your head off.

That's from Big Jake. I had to get help on that one.

Any packages come today?
Mm-mm.
(looking at books) Where'd all this come from?
The library.
The library? You've never set foot in a library. You're only four years old.
Six-and-a-half.
You're four!
Six-and-a-half!
If you were six-and-a-half, you'd be in school already.
I want to be in school. I told you I was supposed to start school in September. You wouldn't listen.
Banner by Tammy AZ

Aro, Caius, Marcus
The Original Godfathers
Jestak
Wrestling With Emmett

Post by Jestak »

Any packages come today?
Mm-mm.
(looking at books) Where'd all this come from?
The library.
The library? You've never set foot in a library. You're only four years old.
Six-and-a-half.
You're four!
Six-and-a-half!
If you were six-and-a-half, you'd be in school already.
I want to be in school. I told you I was supposed to start school in September. You wouldn't listen.

That is from Matilda

Next:

You have taught Mogwai to watch television?! I warned you that with Mogwai comes much responsibility, but you would not listen. This is the result.
Tornado

Post by Tornado »

You have taught Mogwai to watch television?! I warned you that with Mogwai comes much responsibility, but you would not listen.

It's from Gremlins.

Another one:

I fell fifty feet without a mark on me except this, and I got this when I hit the railing. I didn't hit the ground. Somebody caught me.
Jestak
Wrestling With Emmett

Post by Jestak »

I think we may need an extra clue for this one. :)
Tornado

Post by Tornado »

Okay, I'll finish the quote. I thought finishing it would make it too obvious! I guess this movie is more obscure than I thought!

I fell fifty feet without a mark on me except this. And I got this when I hit the railing. I didn't hit the ground. Somebody caught me. It was a boy named Eric. He can fly. I'm wacko, right?
Jestak
Wrestling With Emmett

Post by Jestak »

I fell fifty feet without a mark on me except this. And I got this when I hit the railing. I didn't hit the ground. Somebody caught me. It was a boy named Eric. He can fly. I'm wacko, right?

That's from The Boy Who Could Fly, which I saw when it was originally released 25 years ago, and haven't seen since, which accounts for how that quote seemed vaguely familiar to me without my being able to place it precisely.

Next:

How can you show your face in here? My own sister... take care, because he would only do to you what he has done to me
You should not have given yourself so lightly, these are the consequences.
I gave myself to a man I loved, and he loved me.
A man's love is worthless. Our mother's loved, look where it got her, a feeble husband. Love is of no value without power and position. If I gave the king a son, he would not be a ______ (the language filter dislikes that last word)