Name the Movie from the Quote

Off-Topic Forum for things having nothing to do with Twilight or the entertainment industry

Moderators: bac, cullengirl, una, Nena

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
Kate
Officially Bitten!
Location: Wandering in the town, holding my arm tightly around the hold in my chest…

Re: Name the Movie from the Quote

Post by Kate »

♥midnight_sun♥ wrote:
  • Person 1: ...you've been called the Da Vinci of our time. What do you say to that?
    Person 2: Absolutely ridiculous, I don't paint.
[/color]
Ironman! :)
This is the time to show them everything. Make sure they remember you.

"When Kate met Garrett, she found something she'd never found [...]. She is currently attempting monogamy for the first time in her long life." S. M. The guide p. 157
Tornado
Member: LaPush Cliff Diving Team

Post by Tornado »

That's from The Hunger Games.

Next:

It doesn't matter what I believe. It only matters what I can prove. So don't tell me what I know or don't know; I know the law!
Jestak
Wrestling With Emmett

Post by Jestak »

It doesn't matter what I believe. It only matters what I can prove. So don't tell me what I know or don't know; I know the law!

That is from A Few Good Men

Next:

Now Woody, he's been my pal for as long as I can remember. He's brave, like a cowboy should be. And kind, and smart. But the thing that makes Woody special, is he'll never give up on you... ever. He'll be there for you, no matter what.
"May the hinges of friendship never rust, nor the wings of love lose a feather"--Scottish blessing
♥midnight_sun♥
Riding in the Rabbit

Post by ♥midnight_sun♥ »

Toy Story 3

Next:
  • “If you don’t go out there and die for something, I’ll kill you for nothing!”
Fan Fiction Addict•The Halfway House and Brute Squad Member•Banner/Signature OCD
Team Edward•JazzGirl's Official MiniMe•Cullenist•Keeper of the Names•Hatter Obsessed
Jestak
Wrestling With Emmett

Post by Jestak »

“If you don’t go out there and die for something, I’ll kill you for nothing!”

This was challenging as it turns out to not actually be from a movie, which really isn't cricket. Anyway, it's from "Starship" by StarKid Productions.

How about we stick to movie quotes. :)

Next:

Look, let me explain something to you. I'm not Mr. Lebowski. You're Mr. Lebowski. I'm the Dude. So that's what you call me. That, or His Dudeness … Duder … or El Duderino, if, you know, you're not into the whole brevity thing.
"May the hinges of friendship never rust, nor the wings of love lose a feather"--Scottish blessing
Keeper of the Lex's Sonic Screwdriver

Post by 24601 »

Jestak wrote: Next:

Look, let me explain something to you. I'm not Mr. Lebowski. You're Mr. Lebowski. I'm the Dude. So that's what you call me. That, or His Dudeness … Duder … or El Duderino, if, you know, you're not into the whole brevity thing.
The Big Lebowski

Next:

Years ago my mother used to say to me, she'd say, "In this world, Elwood, you must be" - she always called me Elwood - "In this world, Elwood, you must be oh so smart or oh so pleasant." Well, for years I was smart. I recommend pleasant. You may quote me.
Noli improbos sinere te conterere
♥midnight_sun♥
Riding in the Rabbit

Post by ♥midnight_sun♥ »

Harvey

Next:
  • We are the music makers... and we are the dreamers of dreams.

And actually, Starship is a movie (or movie musical rather), it just happen to go straight to DVD after premiering instead of being shown in move theaters. Just like many short films do that you see clips of during award shows for the 'short film' category.
Fan Fiction Addict•The Halfway House and Brute Squad Member•Banner/Signature OCD
Team Edward•JazzGirl's Official MiniMe•Cullenist•Keeper of the Names•Hatter Obsessed
Jestak
Wrestling With Emmett

Post by Jestak »

We are the music makers... and we are the dreamers of dreams.

That is from Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory (quoting from a poem by Arthur O'Shaughnessy).

Next:

Jack, I fear you have burdened me with a debt I can never fully repay.

Nonsense! Name a shrub after me. Something prickly and hard to eradicate.
A shrub? Nonsense! I shall name a new species of tortoise after you: Testudo Aubreii!
Jestak
Wrestling With Emmett

Post by Jestak »

Second quote, same film:

Do you see those two weevils doctor?
I do.
Which would you choose?
[sighs annoyed] Neither; there is not a scrap a difference between them. They are the same species of Curculio.
If you had to choose. If you were forced to make a choice. If there was no other response...
[Exasperated] Well then if you are going to *push* me...[the doctor studies the weevils briefly]...I would choose the right hand weevil; it has... significant advantage in both length and breadth.
[the captain thumps his fist in the table]
There, I have you! You're completely dished! Do you not know that in the service...one must always choose the lesser of two weevils.
Tornado
Member: LaPush Cliff Diving Team

Post by Tornado »

That's Master and Commander! I should see that movie again ...

Here's another one.

- I think we just killed him.
- You can't kill him! He's like a cockroach!