Name the Movie from the Quote

Off-Topic Forum for things having nothing to do with Twilight or the entertainment industry

Moderators: bac, cullengirl, una, Nena

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
Jestak
Wrestling With Emmett

Re: Name the Movie from the Quote

Post by Jestak »

- I think we just killed him.
- You can't kill him! He's like a cockroach

That is from Rat Race.

Next:

Hey man, I can't figure out what side we're on. Are we with the pirates or the frog captain?
Oh, hey, man. Just play the gig. Never get involved in politics.
"May the hinges of friendship never rust, nor the wings of love lose a feather"--Scottish blessing
Tornado
Member: LaPush Cliff Diving Team

Post by Tornado »

That's from Muppets Treasure Island. You've got to love the Muppets!

Here's another one:

- Where's your husband?
- Why, he's dead.
- I'll bet he's just using that as an excuse.
- I was with him to the very end.
- Huh! No wonder he passed away.
- I held him in my arms and kissed him.
- Oh, I see, so it was murder! Will you marry me? Did he leave you any money? Answer the second question first.
Jestak
Wrestling With Emmett

Post by Jestak »

- Where's your husband?
- Why, he's dead.
- I'll bet he's just using that as an excuse.
- I was with him to the very end.
- Huh! No wonder he passed away.
- I held him in my arms and kissed him.
- Oh, I see, so it was murder! Will you marry me? Did he leave you any money? Answer the second question first.

That is from Duck Soup (gotta love the Marx Brothers, too :) )

Next:

What have I to fear?
The Avengers. It's what we call ourselves, sort of like a team. "Earth's Mightiest Heroes" type thing.
Yes, I've met them.
Yeah, takes us a while to get any traction, I'll give you that one. But let's do a head count here: your brother the demi-god; a super soldier, a living legend who kind of lives up to the legend; a man with breath-taking anger management issues; a couple of master assassins, and YOU, big fella, you've managed to piss off every single one of them.
"May the hinges of friendship never rust, nor the wings of love lose a feather"--Scottish blessing
Tornado
Member: LaPush Cliff Diving Team

Post by Tornado »

That's The Avengers, of course. There are some great lines in that movie!

Here's another one:

- "Girls delightful in Cuba. Stop. Could send you prose poems about scenery, but don't feel right spending your money. Stop. There is no war in Cuba, signed Wheeler." Any answer?

- Yes. "Dear Wheeler: you provide the prose poems. I'll provide the war."
Keeper of the Lex's Sonic Screwdriver

Post by 24601 »

Tornado wrote:
Here's another one:

- "Girls delightful in Cuba. Stop. Could send you prose poems about scenery, but don't feel right spending your money. Stop. There is no war in Cuba, signed Wheeler." Any answer?

- Yes. "Dear Wheeler: you provide the prose poems. I'll provide the war."
Citizen Kane

Next:

"He took me to a private sitting room, ordered food. But... he had changed. He was full of smiles and caresses, but... I knew at once that he was insincere. I saw that I had been... an amusement for him. Nothing more. I saw all this within... five minutes of our meeting. Yet I stayed."
Noli improbos sinere te conterere
Jestak
Wrestling With Emmett

Post by Jestak »

"He took me to a private sitting room, ordered food. But... he had changed. He was full of smiles and caresses, but... I knew at once that he was insincere. I saw that I had been... an amusement for him. Nothing more. I saw all this within... five minutes of our meeting. Yet I stayed."

That is from The French Lieutenant's Woman. Been a while since I've watched that one.

Next:

There's a box of Twinkies in that grocery store. Not just any box of Twinkies, the last box of Twinkies that anyone will enjoy in the whole universe. Believe it or not, Twinkies have an expiration date. Some day very soon, Life's little Twinkie gauge is gonna go... empty.
♥midnight_sun♥
Riding in the Rabbit

Post by ♥midnight_sun♥ »

I believe that one is Zombieland.

Next:
  • "I told you I don't want to join your super-secret boy band."
Fan Fiction Addict•The Halfway House and Brute Squad Member•Banner/Signature OCD
Team Edward•JazzGirl's Official MiniMe•Cullenist•Keeper of the Names•Hatter Obsessed
Jestak
Wrestling With Emmett

Post by Jestak »

"I told you I don't want to join your super-secret boy band."

That is from Iron Man 2

Next:

Is white guilt supposed to make me forget that I run a business?
VirginiaMay
Has Caught Sight of Edward

Post by VirginiaMay »

Is white guilt supposed to make me forget that I run a business?

That's from Jackie Brown.

Next:

"I'm gonna go out on a limb here. I'm gonna volunteer my leadership to this platoon. An army without leaders is like a foot without a big toe. And Sergeant Hulka isn't always gonna be here to be that big toe for us. I think that we owe a big round of applause to our newest, bestest buddy, and big toe... Sergeant Hulka."
Keeper of the Lex's Sonic Screwdriver

Post by 24601 »

VirginiaMay wrote:"I'm gonna go out on a limb here. I'm gonna volunteer my leadership to this platoon. An army without leaders is like a foot without a big toe. And Sergeant Hulka isn't always gonna be here to be that big toe for us. I think that we owe a big round of applause to our newest, bestest buddy, and big toe... Sergeant Hulka."
Stripes

Next:

"He was close, real close. I couldn't see him yet, but I could feel him, as if the boat were being sucked upriver and the water was flowing back into the jungle. Whatever was going to happen, it wasn't gonna be the way they call it back in Nha Trang. "
Noli improbos sinere te conterere