Name the Movie from the Quote

Off-Topic Forum for things having nothing to do with Twilight or the entertainment industry

Moderators: bac, cullengirl, una, Nena

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
Jestak
Wrestling With Emmett

Re: Name the Movie from the Quote

Post by Jestak »

Jestak wrote:I fell fifty feet without a mark on me except this. And I got this when I hit the railing. I didn't hit the ground. Somebody caught me. It was a boy named Eric. He can fly. I'm wacko, right?

That's from The Boy Who Could Fly, which I saw when it was originally released 25 years ago, and haven't seen since, which accounts for how that quote seemed vaguely familiar to me without my being able to place it precisely.

Next:

How can you show your face in here? My own sister... take care, because he would only do to you what he has done to me
You should not have given yourself so lightly, these are the consequences.
I gave myself to a man I loved, and he loved me.
A man's love is worthless. Our mother's loved, look where it got her, a feeble husband. Love is of no value without power and position. If I gave the king a son, he would not be a ______ (the language filter dislikes that last word)
Second quote as an extra hint:

I am Katherine, Queen of England, the King's one true wife and mother of the heir to the throne. Beloved of the people, and beloved of a King you have bewitched.
"May the hinges of friendship never rust, nor the wings of love lose a feather"--Scottish blessing
smitten_by_twilight
Hiding Lauren's Hair Dye

Post by smitten_by_twilight »

Jestak wrote:Second quote as an extra hint:

I am Katherine, Queen of England, the King's one true wife and mother of the heir to the throne. Beloved of the people, and beloved of a King you have bewitched.
At first I thought The Lion In Winter, but that's the wrong queen. Now I'm thinking The Other Boleyn Girl. Am I right? Seems to fit.

Next quote:

"What are the names of your brothers and sisters? On whom do they depend? Your reputation is destroyed. Your profligacy is a beautiful sham."

Quote long enough? Haven't posted here before ... movie quotes more challenging for me. :blush:
My FanFiction Page ~ Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery
Proud Halfway House Cousin Sister! - Team Alice Celebrity Chef - Seeing the future since 1901
Jestak
Wrestling With Emmett

Post by Jestak »

You're correct, it was The Other Boleyn Girl

Now for yours:

"What are the names of your brothers and sisters? On whom do they depend? Your reputation is destroyed. Your profligacy is a beautiful sham."

I believe that is from Becoming Jane (and it's definitely long enough--we've had lots of quotes shorter than this in the thread).

Next (something just a tad less literary than the last two):

I am a Death Dealer, sworn to destroy those known as the Lycans. Our war has waged for centuries, unseen by human eyes. But all that is about to change.
"May the hinges of friendship never rust, nor the wings of love lose a feather"--Scottish blessing
VirginiaMay
Has Caught Sight of Edward

Post by VirginiaMay »

LOL, that's from Underworld.

Next quote: (also not so literary)

How did you find me?
Whoa... whoa.. How do you know my name?
I have been, and always shall be, your friend.
Keeper of the Lex's Sonic Screwdriver

Post by 24601 »

VirginiaMay wrote: How did you find me?
Whoa... whoa.. How do you know my name?
I have been, and always shall be, your friend.
Star Trek

Next:

A: Of all the times to quit a job, just before Christmas with all the bills due and five months due on the icebox!

B: You got to make up your mind whether you want your kids happy or your icebox paid up.
Noli improbos sinere te conterere
Jestak
Wrestling With Emmett

Post by Jestak »

A: Of all the times to quit a job, just before Christmas with all the bills due and five months due on the icebox!
B: You got to make up your mind whether you want your kids happy or your icebox paid up.

That is from A Letter to Three Wives

Next:

Bonasera. Bonasera. What have I ever done to make you to treat me so disrespectfully. If you had come to me in friendship then this scum that ruined your daughter would be suffering this very day. And if by chance an honest man like yourself should make enemies then they would become my enemies. And then, they would fear you.
VolturiGirl
Hanging Up on Jessica

Post by VolturiGirl »

Jestak wrote:Bonasera. Bonasera. What have I ever done to make you to treat me so disrespectfully. If you had come to me in friendship then this scum that ruined your daughter would be suffering this very day. And if by chance an honest man like yourself should make enemies then they would become my enemies. And then, they would fear you.
That's from The Godfather. One of my favorite movies.

Oh my god, we hit a boot!
Where's the foot?
Banner by Tammy AZ

Aro, Caius, Marcus
The Original Godfathers
Jestak
Wrestling With Emmett

Post by Jestak »

Oh my god, we hit a boot!
Where's the foot?

That is from Scary Movie

Next:

Final report of the commercial starship Nostromo, third officer reporting. The other members of the crew, Kane, Lambert, Parker, Brett, Ash and Captain Dallas, are dead. Cargo and ship destroyed. I should reach the frontier in about six weeks. With a little luck, the network will pick me up. This is Ripley, last survivor of the Nostromo, signing off.
VirginiaMay
Has Caught Sight of Edward

Post by VirginiaMay »

Jestak wrote: Final report of the commercial starship Nostromo, third officer reporting. The other members of the crew, Kane, Lambert, Parker, Brett, Ash and Captain Dallas, are dead. Cargo and ship destroyed. I should reach the frontier in about six weeks. With a little luck, the network will pick me up. This is Ripley, last survivor of the Nostromo, signing off.
That's from Alien. :)

Next:

Pockets, what are you doing?
I'm trying to milk the goat.
Well, that's the wrong kind of a goat... That's a ram!
Tornado
Member: LaPush Cliff Diving Team

Post by Tornado »

That's from Hatari.

Now, this movie was definitely released in America, even though it's Australian, so I think there's a good chance some of you have seen it.

I don't think people realise how important innocence is to innocent people.