Cullen Baseball Park--Lex Sports Chat

Off-Topic Forum for things having nothing to do with Twilight or the entertainment industry

Moderators: bac, cullengirl, una, Nena

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
bac
Mesmerized by her own Dr. Cullen

Cullen Baseball Park--Lex Sports Chat

Post by bac »

This is a place to discuss all types of sports and things that are going on in sports around the world.
by Laniyeah on photobucket
pennybug84
Protector of Jacob's Honor

Re: Cullen Baseball Park--Lex Sports Chat

Post by pennybug84 »

Sweet! I am actually the first to post on a topic. Never happened before. 8-)

So I love sports!!

I am so happy that the NFL (american football) season is back. Thanks to my mom & brothers always watching it when I was older I am a fan & love to watch it. Besides going to church my Sunday is spent watching it. I don't have one particular team I follow, I have about 10 I really like, and then some I really don't like. It's kind of crazy the beginning of this season. There's only like 3 unbeaten teams? I was so happy when Houston beat the stupid Colts. But sad when the Patriots lost to the stupid Jets. (Normally don't really like any NY team, but their head coach Rex Ryan drives me crazy! Just because of him I wouldn't like his team. :lol: )

And I am kind of excited for the basketball season to start. There's only a few teams there I really follow. My favorite are the Utah Jazz (I am in UT afterall.) I am very nervous about their upcoming season though. They traded Boozer & Korver (two of our BEST players!) I miss the days of Stockton, Malone, & Hornaceck!! It's too bad they had their really good seasons the same time Jordan did so they never won a Championship. They really deserved one!! Now I kind of hope that the Miami Heat have a crappy season just because of the whole LeBron thing. I never reallly like him, but even less so after the whole I'm going to take a hour show to tel people where I am going. (At least he donated the $$$ to charity.) And them making a big deal of him being with those 2 other guys. (I don't even know their names.)

So those are the two sports I really follow. I've never been into soccer (futball to everyone outside the USA :lol: ) I sometimes will hear something every now & then but that's about it.
"She doesn't know what she wants" - Jacob Black "Yeah she does!" - Rob Pattinson
bac
Mesmerized by her own Dr. Cullen

Post by bac »

I have to admit that I like the fall for football season. I grew up in a house where brothers played HS football and we watched football all fall long. I only have daughters, but we take them to the HS football games sometimes and still watch some college and pro football on TV. They don't really get it, but it makes me feel good and like all's right in the world (oh, unless the team I'm rooting for is losing ;) ).
by Laniyeah on photobucket
21Twilight21
Lured By the Scent
Location: Trying To Decide Between Edward, Stefan, & Dimitri <3!

Post by 21Twilight21 »

Football!! :D I love football lol! I don't care much for college football, but I love the NFL! I'm always cheering on my high school team too of course!

I love baseball too! My favorite baseball team is the New York Yankees! :D
Thanks Chrissy for my banner:
~Call me Kym~ I'm on the ListV2! *Paige is my TSB* Chrissy is my Talented Artist Friend :)
^Fee-B is my dependable buddy^
aussie-twigirl
Helping Mike to Get a Clue

Post by aussie-twigirl »

Yay!! Finally got a sports thread!!

In Australia, football is very different to gridiron and american footy. Instead we have Australian Football League (AFL) or Aussie Rules. It's like a combination of soccer, rugby and basketball. It's very big here. And we just had our 2010 season grand final. And i can't wait for next years season.

The other big sports in Australia are cricket and a car racing competition called V8 supercars. Here we have football from March - September (Winter) and then cricket from october/november - march (summer) and supercars throughout the year. We have pretty much every other sport here, but football, supercars and cricket are the biggest.

But what i'm the most excited about is the COMMONWEALTH GAMES!! It starts today and I'm really looking forward to the swimming and athletics and really want Australia to do well! Hopefully it's a fantastic 2 weeks! :)
TY KYM!! =)
Paige I'm on the ListV2!
Edward|Emmett|Quil|Carlisle|Alice
SHIEGE and PIEGE = TWINS *~* KYM IS MY TSB
My Blog - Kaleidoscopic Dreams
Jestak
Wrestling With Emmett

Post by Jestak »

Congratulations to the San Francisco Giants for their first World Series victory since 1954 and their first since their move to San Francisco. :)
"May the hinges of friendship never rust, nor the wings of love lose a feather"--Scottish blessing
marielle
Cliff Diving with Embry

Post by marielle »

YAY... a sports thread...

wow...where to begin...I love to watch sports...I play tennis and I did horseriding but watching it is so much better...
main draw to sport watching is ofcourse the cute guys :lol:

anyway, I really love to watch Rugby, Speed skating, Tennis (major tournaments), soccer, Royal Ascot racing, F1 racing, etc...
I mainly enjoy the speed sports but I also enjoy watching technical sports...

this weekend the Speed skating season starts again and I'm totally excited to see what this season will bring...
These violent delights, have violent endings...Like fire and gunpowder, they consume what they kiss

Respect Team Robsten, Proud addict of the halfway house
SwanCullen
Touched By Cold Hands

Post by SwanCullen »

My fave sport is basketball. I grew up watching so many sports, but this is the only one I can stand :lol: My fave team is The LA Lakers! I grew up with them as 'my' team and now my fave college team is the UK Wildcats. I go NUTS when they are on TV and even my 4 year old daughter gets into the games and yells "Go Cats!" It's cute!
:grin: Proud HalfwayHouse Sister :grin:
Seasons Of Love-A Rosalie/ Emmett story
Jestak
Wrestling With Emmett

Post by Jestak »

SwanCullen wrote: My fave team is The LA Lakers!
Go Lakers! I am a Lakers fan going way, way back, to the Jerry West/Wilt Chamberlain teams from the early 1970s (I was just too young to have known the greatness of Elgin Baylor), through the Magic and Kareem "Showtime" teams from the 80s (still my favorite Lakers squads), down to the present. Even though I now live far from LA, I still love it when the Lakers win another championship. :)
"May the hinges of friendship never rust, nor the wings of love lose a feather"--Scottish blessing
SwanCullen
Touched By Cold Hands

Post by SwanCullen »

Same with me! I couldn't help but love them as a team. Even though I didn't watch the games last season, I was VERY excited to know that they won the championship last season! Kobe is a great player, but I can't stand him. I like Lamar Odom though.
:grin: Proud HalfwayHouse Sister :grin:
Seasons Of Love-A Rosalie/ Emmett story