Rob's Halfway House -- #8

Off-Topic Forum for things having nothing to do with Twilight or the entertainment industry

Moderators: bac, cullengirl, una, Nena

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
Openhome
Corralling the Cullens while Esme's Away

Re: Rob's Halfway House -- #8

Post by Openhome »

VirginiaMay wrote:Oh, gosh... :oops: I just got to Rachel’s post and beyond. :oops: Hint taken ladies. Rachel, Amy, Susie, Lulu (probably Sandy, Tracy, MissP & JennJenn too), you all have my sincerest apologies for the update fail.
This is currently me: :banghead: :write: :banghead: And I don’t know what’s wrong. For some reason, Edward’s not talking to me. Bella, on the other hand, has lots to say, but it’s nothing I can share until I get Eddie’s version to you first. Anyway, I will give my 100% attention to it tomorrow morning while LilRob is at pre-school. Keep your fingers crossed.
EDIT: Susie~ Timetable?? Give me a deadline. I work better under pressure.
Ahem. *points at self* Willing to help here. You know where to find me. ;)
VirginiaMay
Has Caught Sight of Edward

Post by VirginiaMay »

older_twilight_fan wrote:Good morning ladies!
What a way to wake up.... 8-)
Oh, wow... Thanks Tracy, I needed that. Better than coffee!! :swoon:
Openhome wrote: Ahem. *points at self* Willing to help here. You know where to find me. ;)
Thank you so much, Kayla. I was "online" on G-chat a lot in the last two days, but I don't know why I didn't think to email you. Hugs, Girlie!
marielle wrote:(W)e don’t know yet when my mom’s surgery will be, I hope this month or the end of May because than either my dad or my brother will be at home but they never do as I wish so it will probably be the first or second week of May…
Marielle~ I'll say a prayer your mom's surgery gets scheduled at the best time and that she really benefits from it. My aunt has had to have surgery for her Crohn's twice and she was so, so much better after each procedure. Like I said, you're in my thoughts. :-) Also, enjoy your weekend and I hope you make it to the concert.
Susie
Frozen in Time

Post by Susie »

Hi Girls! It's the Weekend!

I taught the first writing class of my session today and I loved it. I really enjoyed working with the GED students. They just need direction in their writing. Today we did paragraphs and topic sentences. A few had no topic sentence and many had topic sentences that were way too broad. They could see how the paragraph improved once they nailed down their topic sentence. It's great to see the light bulbs light up. Before I switched to the intermediate level for my regular class this year, I taught the most advanced level for several years and I really enjoyed it. Today was like old home week. I even had 4 students from my class before. (I lost my ultra advanced class because we didn't have enough students to fill it. Intermediate has so many students we need 3 teachers!)

Then it was the Friday circus schedule, which is a bit of a bummer if you want to do anything on a Friday night. A 3:30 class, early dinner out with Sonny Boy, and a 6:15 class. We usually get home about 7:45. Hubs gets dinner for himself, so it's a strange way to spend a Friday night! Now Hubs is at the Y and I'm enjoying some unobserved time on the computer! Definitely not a date night.

Ginnie- You need a deadline? Well, I guess I don't know how close you are to finishing a chapter. Would the end of the weekend be too soon? Maybe we need to coordinate and finish our stuff at the same time and exchange!n I think you need a good Edward dream! I don't have a non-teaching day on Fridays anymore until June, but I guess Saturday and Sunday are non-teaching days!! Good for you going back to school! What do you want to study? Will it be for a masters since you already have a B.S.? It's good to do it now while your kids are still young. Once they are close to college, you won't want to spend on yourself - you'll be spending on their tuition. It's funny that you had a childhood rat too!

Kayla
- You need a deadline too? I guess it will be a long time before I catch up on your stories enough for me to bug you for an update! (I plan on reading a chapter right after I finish this post, by the way!)

Tracy
- That wake up photo is just lovely - no other word for it than that - manly loveliness. Wow - girls' night out with your daughter - how fun! I'm glad people there are impressed with my March Madness Brackets skills! :lol: My extra classes - it's a lot of set up and then it won't be too bad. It's just a lot all at once. I'm teaching advanced material for my writing class, so my current intermediate class isn't eligible. I have some students from my advanced class last year, so it's like old home week. Yes, some days I have to sacrifice my Lexing so that I can write about Lexing!

Marielle
- Sorry about the short posts! Hope you get to go to the concert!

Hello Caryn, wherever you are!

I'm really tired, so after I read a chapter of Openhome's Singularity , I'm hitting the hay!
Tomorrow bright and early we're going to visit Hamline University for their Admitted Student Day.

I hope you all have fun plans for the weekend.

Nighty Night!

EDIT -My post count is at 1111 now! It looks so cool I might not want to make another post...
missp
Teaching Nessie all she needs to know
Location: Missing my HH SISTERS but loving all the great memories from HH CON 2012!

Post by missp »

:yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo: SPRING BREAK IS OFFICIALLY UNDERWAY!!
I have read through all your posts, but I am just too wiped out to do a mega-post tonight. Maybe tomorrow between laundry and packing for the trip to Hot Springs. Ya'll have a wonderfully lazy Saturday. I intend to :sleep: until 10 am!!! Goodnight, Sweets! :D
fi_fi
Jump Starting Bella's Truck
Location: Trying to be 100 places at once while, with a To Do List that never gets any shorter!

Post by fi_fi »

Evening Ladies!
ANOTHER drive-by posting from me, but I PROMISE my mega-catch-up-post is coming soon!
I'm pleased to report that as of today, GB and I now have a phone line and internet, and house insurance, and the forms through for the joint account we're setting up for the rent and other household bills to come out of (we'll each pay in enough each month to cover our share). It's suddenly feeling very grown-up and scary!
SO, now I have internet access at home again, I'll hopefully be able to sit down tomorrow or Sunday and reply to you all properly.
But for this evening, I have a glass of (GB's home-made) wine AND a cup of tea to hand (I'm very rarely found without a cup of tea to hand when I'm at home, Early Grey with milk and the tea bag left in if anyone's wondering :) ), and the fire is burning nicely, so I'll say goodnight to you ladies and catch up with you soon!
Love to you all as always,
fi xx
marielle
Cliff Diving with Embry

Post by marielle »

Hey ladies.

Just a quick fly0by for today...I'm going to be busy this afternoon...
Maybe till later...

enjoy your free saturday... :wave:
These violent delights, have violent endings...Like fire and gunpowder, they consume what they kiss

Respect Team Robsten, Proud addict of the halfway house
missp
Teaching Nessie all she needs to know
Location: Missing my HH SISTERS but loving all the great memories from HH CON 2012!

Post by missp »

Just a quick check-in this morning. I'm about to pack up Baby Bella for her visit with the dog sitters. Then it's off to get the oil changed in the car and have it cleaned up before the trip tomorrow. I think I will go and find a couple of new outfits, too. :D Anyhoo... I'll be back later on this afternoon before I start laying things out to pack. Have a great day, Girls! :D
marielle
Cliff Diving with Embry

Post by marielle »

Just an other quicky....for those who are interested, I now do have Facebook...
don't have a pic and anything yet abd still have to do all the work but if you want too, you can find me with "Marielle Groot Obbink"

Hope you girls are enjoying the day!!!
I'm off to the pub... :wave: (Cheers)
These violent delights, have violent endings...Like fire and gunpowder, they consume what they kiss

Respect Team Robsten, Proud addict of the halfway house
VolturiGirl
Hanging Up on Jessica

Post by VolturiGirl »

Hello and Happy Saturday you all of you. Just a quick post for now. I will attempt to do a good post tonight. Until then, enjoy your saturday.

[ Post made via Mobile Device ]
Banner by Tammy AZ

Aro, Caius, Marcus
The Original Godfathers
SwanCullen
Touched By Cold Hands

Post by SwanCullen »

:wave: Just a quickie hello! Off to be productive (AKA, cleaning house lol!)
:grin: Proud HalfwayHouse Sister :grin:
Seasons Of Love-A Rosalie/ Emmett story