Rob's Halfway House -- #8

Off-Topic Forum for things having nothing to do with Twilight or the entertainment industry

Moderators: bac, cullengirl, una, Nena

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
Ilovetwilight0509
Learning to Love Green

Re: Rob's Halfway House -- #8

Post by Ilovetwilight0509 »

:wave: Hello everyone, I am still having problems with getting messages. Any help woudl be great. I click on the square at the bottom that I would like notification, but it isn't happening.

Missp, I hate when that happens.

Hey Susie, it is hard. I am still trying to figure out the today show. It would have worked if my husband was on his normal shift, but he switched to help someone out. Just my luck. Try to get a babysitter at 7. Hard. Where there is a will there is a way.

Fi Fi I like you idea. Maybe we could save it on the first page with our real names. I don’t know who does that at the beginning of each new thread. But I am dawn. I live with my husband Larry and two kids. Haley and kyle 6 and 2.
Susie
Frozen in Time

Post by Susie »

Quickly -

Dawn - Near the top of the page click on User Control Panel then choose Board Preferences then choose
Global Settings. There is a place there to mark "yes" for email alerts. Good luck!

Also, at the bottom of the thread you can check subscribe. You may have clicked so many times you have unsubscribed yourself, so double check that. If it says "subscribe" that means you haven't chosen that - you need to check that box. If it says "unsubscribe" if means you are already subscribed and if you wanted to unsubscribe, you should check that. It can be really confusing.

I'll be back later for my mini/mega post - I had a busy day at school/work with a staff meeting in addition to all the work involved with testing.

Hope to talk to you all soon!
SwanCullen
Touched By Cold Hands

Post by SwanCullen »

Gotta post some hump day pics!:

This is one of my FAVE Rob pics

No words to explain the goodness here!

Some Robsten love :)

Remember Me UK Premeir

Robert and Rupert

I thought this was ineteresting!

This cracked me up!

Today is my mom's bday and I got to talk to her. So it's a good day. :hug: for all you wonderful ladies!
:grin: Proud HalfwayHouse Sister :grin:
Seasons Of Love-A Rosalie/ Emmett story
velvet409
Teaching Eric Social Graces

Post by velvet409 »

Happy Hump Day!

Picked up my copy of the Illustrated Guide yesterday and started reading. I haven't gotten too far but what I've read is cool!

My trainer's studio borders a rather picturesque little courtyard with a fountain and it's a popular spot for professional photographers to take pictures. When I went in for my appointment last night my trainer told me that earlier in the day she saw someone outside taking pictures and the model was a dead ringer for Rob. :swoon: I told her if she sees him again she totally has to get a picture to show me.

Caryn~ Thanks for the info on Ollivanders. I wondered if perhaps it was something like that. It sounds like it would be neat to watch.

Jaclyn~ Downtown Disney is on Disney property but it's not a theme park. It's near several of the hotels and is bascially a social gathering/shopping center. There are lots of shops and restaurants, nightclubs, a movie theater and Cirque du Soleil. There's a marina where you can go on boat rides and they even have a hot air balloon. Ginnie may be able to describe it better than me. Your rats are really cute!

Tonise~ Sorry your post went poof! :banghead: We look forward to hearing about your trip when you get back.

Susie~ Hope you don't end up with laryngitis from your class. Congratulations on fully converting Maureen! Any chance you can entice her to come visit with us online? And no need to rush with the writing. I'll just flip through my Illustrated Guide while I'm waiting. I plan on getting another reading of WfE in before the movie too so I've got plenty to occupy me until you're ready to send me more. ;)

Raine~ Glad to see you managed to get around all the stumbling blocks in your way to get your copy of the guide. Way to persevere! :thumbsup:

Amy~ Good for your mom reading the series! I was pretty much just like her. Once I finished BD I picked up Twilight and immediately started over again. :lol:

JennJenn~ Love your new banner!
Banner by TammyAZ
"Our fingerprints don't fade from the lives we touch."
VirginiaMay
Has Caught Sight of Edward

Post by VirginiaMay »

Oh my goodness Ladies!! What a Day!!!!

This is a quick one- I am working on WDH. (Yep, the muse is back!) Some big time motivation just showed up in my inbox today! This and this really fanned the creative fires. JennJenn made the beautiful banner for me. I almost cried! And I'm just over the moon about the Faithful Shipper nomination! Holy Cow, that's one of the first awards I ever heard of outside of the Indie Twific Awards. (Which are now defunct.) ANyway, between all of that and the lovely interview with The Creator herself in the Official Guide, I'm making some really good progress. Yeah! :yahoo:

Oh, and for a laugh, SheViking just shared this via Facebook. Cracked me up!

Just came back from watching Red Riding Hood. Bad plot, bad acting and apparently they have hair gel in the middle ages to create Edward Cullen hairdo on a guy not nearly as hot as Robert Pattinson!

*Gigglesnort* :lol:

Looking forward to checking in with you all soon!! Ginnie
SwanCullen
Touched By Cold Hands

Post by SwanCullen »

Velvet409-Thanks for your thoughts on the my new banner. I made it after downloading GIMP. Tammy inspired me to finally get it and work on graphics.Yes, a picture would be a good idea to see what the guy looked like!

Ginnie-Your too kind :oops: I am glad you like the banner. and YEAH! I am glad your inspired to work on WDH :) I saw the link to the awards somewhere else and when I saw that you were nominated, I definitly voted! Good luck! I'm working on my own work as well.

Idol tonight was soso. I LOVED Scottie, Lauren, and James. They blew me away!
:grin: Proud HalfwayHouse Sister :grin:
Seasons Of Love-A Rosalie/ Emmett story
Susie
Frozen in Time

Post by Susie »

HAPPY CHEST FLAUNTAGE HUMP DAY!

This is similar to how I use my multi-colored Expo markers on my white board at school:

Ginnie - Good Girl!!!Glad to hear you're back to WDH. Congrats on the nomination.
JennJenn - Love the WDH banner! Yeah for getting to talk to your mom today on her birthday!!! Nice hump day pics - you make up for my lack thereof.
Christina - Now that the pressure's off as far as you're concerned, I'll probably get this chapter done! Maureen wants to join us here, but has to find the time...
Jaclyn - Loved the pic of your rats!!! Memories! Maureen is Team Edward, of course!!!! She hopes to join us here someday - she already knows a lot about you girls!!
Fi - I teach English as a Second Language to adult immigrants so the pronunciation class is English pronunciation. The writing class is more as prep for the GraduateEquivalentDiploma Writing test - those who didn't finish high school for whatever reason.
Caryn - You know why Photobucket is having problems? Your massive account load has finally made the whole system crash. You need to show a little contrition, if you ask me.
Raine - What an amazing story! You know what? I can just picture it all happening to me!!! Did your boss get mad?? Have a great time at the beach tomorrow! You deserve it!
Amy - It's great that your mom loves Twilight! My mom couldn't even finish the first book - I was so disappointed. She's just to practical. Plus she is 80 years old.....(a very young 80, though)
Marielle - Yes- Princess Di - remember my age - I imagined that she was my close personal friend! So glad you got a good night's sleep!! It feels so good. I need to do that tonight.
Rachel - Have a great time in Atlanta. (Sorry about your post! That's happened to me.)

I seriously have to get some sleep.

NN!
Last edited by Susie on Wed Apr 13, 2011 11:36 pm, edited 2 times in total.
VirginiaMay
Has Caught Sight of Edward

Post by VirginiaMay »

SwanCullen wrote:Today is my mom's bday and I got to talk to her. So it's a good day. :hug: for all you wonderful ladies!

Just saw this after Susie's post, JennJenn. Today is my mom's birthday too!! Small world, isn't it? I was able to speak to her on the phone as well. The kids and I sang to her while we were driving down the highway, which made her laugh. Have a good night, sweetie!
Susie
Frozen in Time

Post by Susie »

I edited my post while Ginnie was posting.....added a hump day pic and more words.....

But I didn't write the word EDIT. Sorry, girls.
older_twilight_fan
Lusting for Blood
Location: Somewhere in Louisiana, praying that Summit won't "fade to black" in Breaking Dawn

Post by older_twilight_fan »

Hello ladies! I've been lurking, but real life just got in the way of my posting the past few days.

Marielle~ That's good to know your Dad will hopefully be home when your Mom has her surgery. How is she feeling? You already bought the Harry Potter DVD? Have you had a chance to watch the special features yet? I'd thought about waiting until the Part 2 DVD is out this fall or winter, and purchasing them as a set, together....but I'm not sure I can wait that long. I'd like to be able to watch Part I the day before Part 2 is released at the theatre in July. What a tragic story about the gunman at the nearby mall. Thanks for sharing Peter's tweet with us.....he's too adorable and funny. It is kind of bittersweet to realize that the Twilight Guide was finally released, just as the cast and crew are wrapping up filming for BD.....it's like the end of an era.

Missp~ Sounds like you're having a lovely time with your friends on your vacation. Hope you had a great time at the spa, and know that we lived vicariously through you. Yes, please pick up WFE soon....you'll have it read in a couple of days. The Hunger Games series should make a good summer read, although the material is a little "heavy", if that makes sense. I'm so glad you enjoyed seeing the movie, Soul Surfer. It was so nice to watch a movie I could easily take my eleven-year-old daughter to, and we both liked it very much. I didn't know Ralph Macchio was on DWTS! How old is he now, probably late 40's, right? How are his dancing skills? I'm really dating myself, but I remember loving him (and the rest of the cast) in the movie, The Outsiders, and had a poster of the cast in my 8th grade locker. :D

Christina~ I'm glad you and Ginnie had a good time together Saturday. We didn't have a chance to make it to Downtown Disney when we vacationed to Disney two years ago; there was just too much else for us to do. I've also heard rumors about an expansion at The Wizarding World on a Harry Potter podcast I download. I secretly think it would be cool to own a wand myself, although I'd probably pretend it was my son's or daughter's. :D

Raine~ Congrats on finishing the audit at work. I hope you and the staff enjoy your well deserved trip to the beach Friday. I loved reading about the lengths you and your friend went to when trying to purchase the Twilight Guide. Impressive work, and I'm sure you had everyone at the office fooled about the real reason for your errand. ;)

Susie~ Has your voice recovered from the marathon teaching session yet? I can only imagine how exhausting teaching would be, and am so amazed and appreciative of all of you who possess the talent, skills, and heart to teach. That's so neat that Maureen finished reading the series. What were her thoughts about Bella's pregnancy, and Reneesme? I bet it's somewhat of a relief for you that SonnyBoy is not driving yet. I'd be perfectly content if my kids didn't end up driving until they were closer to eighteen, in spite of the inconvenience it might cause. I just know how silly and distractible I was at the age of sixteen, especially if my friends were in the car with me when I was driving. It's a wonder I didn't have a car accident as a teenager. They now have the "graduated" licenses in Tennessee, where sixteen-year-olds can transport only family members instead of friends when they're driving, I think. I believe they also restrict the number of passengers teen drivers can transport until they turn eighteen, and I'm all for that. I hope all of you enjoyed the visit to the college campus for Sonny Boy. It sounds very informative and interesting. Does he have any idea what field of study he might choose to major in yet? It's funny how nearly everyone in the HH has been having the warm temperatures recently. We're supposed to cool down to a high in the 50's this weekend, and I imagine that may be the last cool spell for us this spring.

Lulu~ You've certainly had a busy week, but we're glad you were able to check in with us. Hope you had a great time at the zoo with your family.

Ginnie~ Congrats on your nomination for WDH--very well deserved! :clap: Loved the banner Jenn Jenn made for you too. I'm glad to hear you've found a little inspiration for writing again. Happy Birthday to your Mom.

Chrissy~ Sorry about the bus service to school being discontinued--what a pain. Glad you're enjoying the warmer weather as you get settled into the new house. Good luck with your essay and speech for Friday--you can do it!

Caryn~ Rob on Taycob's mininike...... too funny. Rob on a Harley.... :swoon: Course I'm not sure how safely he'd manage a Harley, taking into account his somewhat questionable driving skills. :D Hope you and the family enjoyed soaking up all the warm weather last weekend. When are your boys out of school? I think your boys would enjoy Soul Surfer. The audience was composed of mostly females, but I definitely saw some sons, brothers, boyfriends, and husbands in the audience. They'll probably enjoy watching the frequent surfing action, and the main character's' brothers play a pretty integral part to the story too. Thanks for updating us on Rob's upcoming appearances next week. I imagine things will be just giddy around here for Robweek. :D

Jaclyn~ I'm so glad you had a great time visiting with the family last weekend, with age-appropriate activities scheduled for the kids, and the adults. 8-) Thanks for sharing the picture of the rats; they're cuties. Hope they're adjusting well to their new home. I didn't order the Twilight Guide, but hope to pick it up later this week. Are you pleased with the Guide? It's good to know you're secure in your job at least until July. That gives you a couple more months to search for what comes next.

Fi~ I liked your idea of listing whether someone has a spouse or significant other, as well as the number of kids and their ages by our names on the front page of the latest HH thread. It would be beneficial, and especially helpful to the newbies around here. My daughter is eleven, and it was really fun to see a movie we could enjoy together (Soul Surfer). I need to make a better effort to schedule special bonding time just for my daughter and me. Just as she's on the brink of adolescence, I can already see her growing pains straining our relationship just a bit, in a way I haven't noticed with my slightly younger son. That's really cool that you and your Mom talk by phone on a regular basis, and it's a great way to stay connected. How far away from you does she live?

Christina~ I think I'm going to reread WFE before next weekend too. What are everyone's plans for watching the movie? Are you and Ginnie going together? I'm seeing it Friday evening with a couple of coworkers who are big Twilight and Rob-fans, and I introduced them to the book, WFE.

Amy~ That's so great that your Mom has read the Twilight saga books. I could never convince my Mom to read them, but I'm hoping to take her to see WFE. I"m glad you and hubs enjoyed your date, and he must be a keeper if he cooked for you. :D

Jenn Jenn~ Great to see you hon! Hope everything's okay, and remember that you're always welcome to vent here, if you need to. Happy Birthday to your Mom. Loved the older Robcrack you posted tonight, especially the one of Rob and Rupert Grint in their red and blue velvet blazers at the Goblet of Fire premiere, I presume? That's too funny, and Rob's leather pants are just the icing on the cake. 8-)

Rachel~ I'm glad to hear your Mom's party was successful. I'm sure you're somewhat relieved it's over, as it was probably a lot of work. I'm on Facebook too, but I always forget to check things out over there more than once a month or so. Have a safe and nice trip to Atlanta with your boys. Maybe you pick up a copy of the Guide for some bedtime reading?

Dawn~ Hope you manage to attend the WFE premiere, and we look forward to hearing about it, if you do.

Tammy~ Hey there! Hope all is well with you and your family.
Banner by TammyAZ