Rob's Halfway House -- #8

Off-Topic Forum for things having nothing to do with Twilight or the entertainment industry

Moderators: bac, cullengirl, una, Nena

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
StellaBlueBella
Teaching Eric Social Graces

Re: Rob's Halfway House -- #8

Post by StellaBlueBella »

Just wanted to post quickly to say that I am still in Georgia since there is still no power where I live. Just now catching up on some of the news... It is so sad. I can't believe how many people died. I guess I've been sticking my head in the Georgia sand so to speak.

Ok enough of the sad stuff *puts on smiley face*. Looks like I have missed out on some really good pics the past couple pages! Can't wait til I have time and no little seven year old boy looking over my shoulder, going "Oh him the Twilight guy again" (kinda ruins the moment ya know, lol) so that I can enjoy. Ah personal space. It's a good thing. :lol:

Hope everyone is having a good weekend!

Rachel

• To comprehend a nectar Requires sorest need.
missp
Teaching Nessie all she needs to know
Location: Missing my HH SISTERS but loving all the great memories from HH CON 2012!

Post by missp »

Hi,Ladies!! We have been at the church all morning helping out. I think we made over 500 peanut butter and jelly sandwiches and packed up at least that many sack lunches with sandwiches, chips, snacks, and bottled water. We are still in the search and rescue mode - the number of deaths goes up each day. But everybody is pulling together to help each other out. It's such a heartwarming thing to watch! Hopefully by Tuesday, most of the larger areas will have power back. They are asking the schools to wait until Wednesday to return to school. We'll see what they end up doing about the time we've missed. The governor has the power to pardon the days. We'll see. Ya'll have a great Saturday! We're headed back to the church for the rest of the afternoon. I'll check back in later tonight. :D

Rachel~~ Huntsville Hospital has full power, but very few other places do as of yet. GA sounds like a great option! Over 300 homes in the Madison/Huntsville area have been destroyed. I am so glad you have a place to stay until things are semi back to normal! :D
marielle
Cliff Diving with Embry

Post by marielle »

Hey girls...

I have a confession to make, I feel really bad... Today my bf and I decided to watch a new short movie that was in our mega IMAX theatre. it's name is Tornado Alley and is made with cooperation of Discovery Channel...normally I would have watched it with deep facination but now I realized that it was all real and that friends live there... I felt bad watching it from the safety of a cinema while many of you are dealing with the horrific truth...
I don't think it will ever lessen my facination but I can't watch it anymore without not thinking about the many people it hurt...
These violent delights, have violent endings...Like fire and gunpowder, they consume what they kiss

Respect Team Robsten, Proud addict of the halfway house
VolturiGirl
Hanging Up on Jessica

Post by VolturiGirl »

Just got done watching WfE. The credits are rolling. Such a good movie .*wiping tear from eye.* I see why everyone left such long posts about it. I do have to say that our man Rob was very fantastic in this movie. I love PO-Rob, sad Rob and Tux-wearing Rob. Anyways, just wanted to post to say that I finally saw the movie.

[ Post made via Mobile Device ]
Banner by Tammy AZ

Aro, Caius, Marcus
The Original Godfathers
Susie
Frozen in Time

Post by Susie »

Hi Ladies!

I just went to see The Adjustment Bureau (Matt Damon and Emily Blunt) and loved it!! I highly recommend it - it is a not-to-violent suspense-thriller-romance with a message.

Today I also got the new Entertainment Weekly - loved the pics and article!! I loved how they filmed the Wedding last so that everyone would be together for the wrap. I loved what Kristen said about the wedding being so special and how happy she is about what they accomplished in the filming. (She has a potty mouth, though!)

Amy - Congrats on seeing Water for Elephants and joining us in our collective admiration for the film and of course, the key leading man, Robert Pattinson. I'll look forward to hearing more of your thoughts when you get the time.

Marielle - Aww. You are a tender hearted creature. Don't feel bad that you are fascinated by tornadoes - they are indeed a powerful weather phenomenon and something humans can't control. We try to control everything else. Of course it is tragic - the loss of life and property. I heard that the cluster tornadoes were due to warmer than usual water in the Gulf of Mexico - Isn't that from Global Warming? We get tornadoes here in Minnesota too when the weather starts to get hot - late May and June. We'll probably get more than usual this year - at least we all have basements in our houses because the ground freezes in the winter. OK I'll let Tracy send EW to you.

Tonise - That's great that you helped make 500 bag lunches for people in shelters. It must feel good to help out. Does it feel like time has stood still or that you've entered an alternate universe? I hope the Governor pardons those school days. Why add additional stress to communities when everyone is helping to clean up.

Rachel
- It must be difficult to be living out of a suitcase in Georgia, although I'm sure you have excellent hosts. Did you have much time to pack? How close was the damage to your neighborhood? I hope you can get some personal space soon. So funny what your son says about Rob!

Desiree - Your Child Development class with group projects every Saturday sounds stressful. Does the teacher really expect everyone to give up all their Saturdays? Perhaps he/she gives that expectation up front in the syllabus and part of your grade is based on this group participation, I assume. I'm glad it will be over soon.

I hope everyone is having a great weekend!!

Nighty Night!

EDIT - This is almost too much to handle!
older_twilight_fan
Lusting for Blood
Location: Somewhere in Louisiana, praying that Summit won't "fade to black" in Breaking Dawn

Post by older_twilight_fan »

Hello ladies! Hope you're having lovely weekends. Ours has been (and will be) filled with sport—one basketball game last night, one basketball and one baseball game today, and two basketball games tomorrow. Unfortunately, my daughter's basketball tournament is set in a small city about 1-1/2 hours from us, so I really won't feel like I've had much of a weekend, come tomorrow night. At least it gives me an out for having to accomplish any significant cleaning or yardwork. ;)

On to the posts....

But first.....maybe we mentioned this earlier,
Where are Bella's wedding or engagement rings? :shock:

Desiree~ I hope you're able to locate the fanfic Edward Wallbanger. Have you read it? I loved it, and remember the author stating weeks ago that she would be removing the story. I'm sure you'll be very relieved to finish your class in three weeks. It must be difficult to miss out on so much family time, but I'm sure they are extremely proud of you, and how hard you're working. You go, girl! :D

Rachel~ Hope all is well with you and your family, hon. Are you staying with family or friends in Georgia? Isn't your brother in Atlanta? I hope the power is restored soon so you can get back home, as I know it's disruptive to your family to be away from home.

Marielle~ I've got you covered on the copy of Entertainment Weekly—I picked up two copies at my Barnes and Noble bookstore tonight. I hope it's okay--I bought you the issue with Jacob on the front--that was all that was left. ONLY KIDDING! :lol: I picked up the Edward and Bella issue for both of us. Of course the clerk had to ask if I realized I had two copies of the same magazine. :roll: I also thought the Deathly Hallows Part 2 trailer looked amazing! I think it'll be quite a ride and we'll be on the edge of our seats the entire movie, without a breather. Alan Rickman should knock it out of the park, and I'm going to cross fingers and toes that by some miracle....he might be recognized by the Academy with a Supporting Actor Oscar nomination. I've watched bits and pieces of the Royal Wedding during recaps and such, and Kate did look very beautiful. Her dress was gorgeous, and I liked that it wasn't too modern. I also loved seeing how happy Kate and William looked together. A coworker mentioned they had read that Kate was applying her own make-up for the ceremony (with a makeup artist nearby, I think), so that she could keep some small part of herself, on that very momentous day. If that's true.....how cool is that? If her day job of being a Duchess doesn't work out, she can do my make-up. :)

Tammy~ Thanks for posting the lovely banner of Rob in Paris—you've outdone yourself with that one, I think. There's just something about Rob in that black suit. You certainly captured the smolder. 8-) I can't believe you have snow! What is the elevation where you live?

Missp~ I'm happy to hear your power was restored, and I know it must bring you some comfort, to know how much you've helping others through your work at church. You certainly had a full house the other night. What did Bella think of all the company? It's amazing how people and communities pull together after tragic events such as these.....we saw a lot of that after the Nashville floods last year. We'll continue to keep all of these communities and people in our thoughts and prayers.

Susie~ How was your visit to the art museum with Mary? That's a lot of flowers! Are most of the arrangements massive in scale, or smaller and more delicate? The Adjustment Bureau looks like a good movie and I'm glad you enjoyed it. I think hubs and I'll put it on our Netlix queue when it goes to DVD. I always love Matt Damon, and I believe Emily Blunt is married to one of my favorite television (and occasional movie) actors, John Krasinski. Surprisingly, I also found the new Entertainment Weekly issue tonight at Barnes & Noble, and I picked up a copy for Marielle too. I also liked reading how sentimental Kristen felt about filming the wedding scenes, and how Bella's adventures and growth had paralleled hers, in some ways. And yes, our girl certainly is fond of the f-bomb. :roll: My Mom definitely enjoyed WFE, and she was my “look-out” while I took the pictures, and even suggested taking ActionRob's picture at the concession stand. A couple of my Mom's friends saw the movie tonight, and although they weren't familiar with Rob before seeing the movie, they labeled him a “hunk”. :lol: Keep in mind these ladies are late 60's to early 70's in age. I'm hopeful my Mom will eventually read the book. She is a retired nurse and worked in a rehab hospital for fifteen years primarily with geriatric patients, and always established a great rapport with even some of her more difficult patients. I've told her how she would also enjoy reading the poignant and emotional scenes of older Jacob's time in the nursing home. The book and movie remind me to always consider that although I see my patients on a daily basis as the 75-year-old (on average) lady or gentleman whom I'm helping to increase their functional mobility and independence.....each of these people has a very important history and a story worth telling, and it may be an amazing story, indeed. ;)

Amy~ Great job on correctly posting and linking your first Robcrack! You're a quick learner, and you may find that it's somewhat addictive. I'm glad you were able to see WFE today and that you enjoyed it as much as we have.

Jenn Jenn~ Wow.....you stayed up late to watch the Royal Wedding, girl! Kate and William looked so happy together, and she was so naturally pretty. Her dress was beautiful and befitting of a princess..... I loved the neckline and bodice, the long train, the tiara, the lace, the full ballgown skirt, and the fact that it wasn't too modern.
Banner by TammyAZ
missp
Teaching Nessie all she needs to know
Location: Missing my HH SISTERS but loving all the great memories from HH CON 2012!

Post by missp »

Good morning, Sisters! The Partridge household is getting ready for church this morning. We're all doing quite well managing the shower time and mirror time with 7 bodies in the house! :D We had some kick butt ribs and tilapia on the grill last night! Unfortunately, it is supposed to rain today, tomorrow, and Tuesday which will hamper the recovery/clean-up process. It may push the power restoration back a few more days. So, we really don't know yet how and when most of our schools are going to go back. Cullman schools may not go back at all the rest of the year. The governor hasn't mentioned anything about the pardon, but they have asked all schools not to go back until at least Wednesday so we don't overload the tenuous power supply. Thank you all for your thoughts and prayers. If you feel like you need to help, you can donate to the RED CROSS RELIEF FUND or UNITED WAY OF CENTRAL ALABAMA. Gotta go for now. Enjoy your Sunday! :D
VolturiGirl
Hanging Up on Jessica

Post by VolturiGirl »

Happy Sunday to all. I had a really good time yesterday at the movies with my mom. We got there about an hour early so we went to lunch. We arrived at the theaters just in time when the previews were playing. WfE was incredible. I don't have the option of invisible ink by posting this on my phone so I will do my best to comment without spoilers.
August was real jerk towards mariena. It made me real uneasy when August punished Rosie. Loved Jacob in the trunk with the clown makeup. But my favorite part was the ending with Rosie. What supprised me was that my brother, knowing that "the vampire guy" was in WfE, wants to see it.

Marielle - I know how you feel about your facination with tornadoes. I'm that way too, but getting to know you ladies who live in that area, I feel a little guilty.

Tracy - my mom is a cougar too. You should have heard her throughout the movie about Rob. Loved the pics of Action Rob. He probably ate all the popcorn. Good luck with all the baseball and basketball games.

Rachel - How are you and all your boys doing? Do you guys own a generator?

Tammy - It snowed? Wow! All we have been getting is a lot of cold wind. I thought someone was breaking into my house the other night, but it was just my gate slamming close.

To everyone else I know that I missed, have a great and safe rest of the week.

[ Post made via Mobile Device ]
Banner by Tammy AZ

Aro, Caius, Marcus
The Original Godfathers
TammyAZ
Hiding Lauren's Hair Dye

Post by TammyAZ »

Happy Sunday ladies!! Just popping in for a quick one to drop something off for Ginnie...

I'm sooooo sorry this took so long!!!

If you want anything changed please let me know!! I promise I'll change it right away and not make you wait for so long!!! :blush: :blush:

"You will always be the most beautiful thing in my world" ~~Edward Cullen
Banner by me :)
fi_fi
Jump Starting Bella's Truck
Location: Trying to be 100 places at once while, with a To Do List that never gets any shorter!

Post by fi_fi »

Hi Ladies.Just a quickie to let you know I'm alive: had a really hectic couple of weeks, not even time to lurk! Will try and check in properly in the next few days.
WFE FOR ME ON WEDNESDAY!!! Can't wait!!
Love to you all xx