Rob's Halfway House -- #8

Off-Topic Forum for things having nothing to do with Twilight or the entertainment industry

Moderators: bac, cullengirl, una, Nena

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
missp
Teaching Nessie all she needs to know
Location: Missing my HH SISTERS but loving all the great memories from HH CON 2012!

Re: Rob's Halfway House -- #8

Post by missp »

Happy Sunday, Sisters!! I set my alarm for what I thought was 7:45 this morning, but it WASN’T!! I woke up at 8:33, and I was on the schedule to help in our church Café this morning! I did a five minute make-up job and threw on some clothes, rushing out the door and getting there right at 8:50! Then, when does my alarm go off? At 9:45! Wonderful start to the day. Oh well, I was there to help for both 1st and 2nd service. I just hate being late, and I especially hate saying I’ll be there to do something for someone and letting them down. GRRRR! Anyhoo, I hope you girls are enjoying a nice relaxing Sunday with your families, friends, or whoevers. I intend to spend the afternoon at the pool.

QUESTION: Isn’t tomorrow EDWARD’s birthday?? Is it going to be an all day event or what? I’ll be at a workshop all day tomorrow, but I will be here tomorrow night. I still haven’t looked for a gift. I also would like to contribute some food. I guess I’ll look for that in just a bit.

ANN MARIE~~ The Goblet of Fire is one of my favorite HP movies. I need to finish watching #6 and #7part1 before I see HPDH2. I have some friends of mine who have been watching them with me, and we can’t seem to find a time to get us all back together to finish them up. :lol: So glad you could get your LEX update in before the church service started. Yep… you got it bad, Girl!! That’s the way it supposed to feel! It makes you feel so ALIVE!

JACLYN~~ LOVE the best man’s dress!! Plum and Champagne would be my colors! I had those colors picked out for mine and BLEEEEEPPPPPSS wedding. :lol: The housewarming was a huge success. The friend got lots of great stuff. One of the hits of the party was a fake cake my mom had made for her to put in a crystal cake plate on her buffet. You sound like me. I just don’t like to go to bed before midnight on the weekends. I think it’s my way of trying to hold on to my youth! :P Mmmm! Chinese sounds sooooo good!

SUSIE~~ Were you holding on to Daughter Dear for her protection or yours? :lol: That little piece of nature-Heaven sound WONDERFUL! I love little hidden treasures like that. My friend from Hot Springs has almost the same set-up out in front of her home. Ducks and geese and all kinds of little animals make their home there. You can hear the creek water and they even have a fountain and a waterfall. It’s glorious to sit on the porch and just listen to nature. I didn’t know the BD1 trailer was attached to Super 8! I must go see it soon!

MARIELLE~~ I hate that your cold is making you feel so miserable! All that rain certainly cannot be helping any! I just think you’ve been under so much stress… your mom, your dad, job issues, the car… your body is screaming at you that it needs some rest. I love what you said about the chemistry growing because I needed to hear that. For so long… too long… I’ve gone after the muscled good lookers. I am trying very hard to pull myself away from that and look more at the inside than the outside… within reason. You’re right. It’s time to separate the fantasy from reality.

ALL OF THE REST OF YOU GIRLS~~ Have a terrific day!!

I’ll be back to check in with Ya’ll tonight!
The Real Alice Cullen
I've got my eye on you

Post by The Real Alice Cullen »

Hi again!

I’m just popping in to remind you all that tomorrow is the BIG BIRTHDAY BASH! Please come and celebrate Edward’s 110th Birthday with us!

We are all SO excited to share our gifts with Edward and see what you’ve come up with!

You can come on and post your birthday wishes on one thread, and your gifts on another.

Remember, this year, you can post your gifts as images (make sure you link to the image, not the whole site) that will show up in the thread!

Also, you can post birthday cards / banners for Edward. Isn’t that wonderful!

If you want to post a picture of a gift, you need to do the following:
1. Make sure the image is smaller than 640 by 480
2. Post the link INSIDE the img coding you get when you push the img button. It should look like this [img]THELINKHERE[/img]. Again, link to the image only.
3. You need to preview your post first, to make sure it works right.
4. If the image is too big, just post the direct link for others to open.

To post your banner or card:
1. Just make your card / banner and make sure it is smaller than 640 across by 480 tall
2. Post it to an image hosting site (like DeviantArt or Photoshop) and then get the IMG link.
3. Paste the IMG link directly into your post, and voila! One super special birthday gift!

AND to make it a little more fun, Esme and I are judging your entries, so do your best!
Amazing how someone so tiny can be so irritating....
Jazz Girl
Making beautiful music with Edward as only I can

Post by Jazz Girl »

Good evening, sisters!! Just swinging in after a VERY busy weekend. Yesterday, we left the house before 7 am and didn't return until almost 8! Littlun had a soccer tournament, which is an all day event in the summer. This is 3v3 soccer, so it's a bit different; much faster and more strategic. He's playing with a bit of a different team than in seasons past, which can be difficult. This weekend, we also were a player down. But, the boys started out well for playing short and having only half our team having played this type of game before. Bottom line is Littlun had a great time with his pals and that's all that really matters to me. For the parents, it kind of ends up being a big outdoor party. We bring tents and a grill and a ton of snacks and drinks and pretty much hang out all day, chatting and passing around the kids. :lol:

Today, we took hubs out for a bit of shopping (it works out better when hubs and boys shop together for Dad's gift), a movie and supper. We saw XMen: First Class, which I really enjoyed. James McElvoy is just freaking cool! And, hot damn, I would not kick the man out of bed for eating Oreos! I absolutely LOVED him in The Chronicles of Narnia and he blew me away in Atonement. And the cameo of the film goes to Hugh Jackman. Laughed my posterior off at that one. Jennifer Lawrence is in the film, as well. I may not like her as a person, but you cannot deny the girl's acting abilities. And, we can now say there is only one degree of separation between Kevin Bacon (Sebastien Shaw in XMen) and Rob. Edi Cathegi, though his appearance is brief, is in the film as well and plays a very cool part. Speaking of hubs, I should likely go check on him. I think he might have dozed off on the couch downstairs. :lol:

Tracy~ Sounds like a great family trip. Sometimes the touristy things, while touristy, are the most fun. I know I loved the arch and baseball games are always a good time. Oddly enough, I actually do get a lot done when working at home. I didn’t get ALL my projects done, but I got a good bit of work done towards being done. Rob’s Ellen appearance provided just the little break I needed to reenergize me, and watching HP&tGoF was just the distraction I needed while stuffing and addressing letters… 600 OF THEM!!

Tonise~ Hope the housewarming went well. I always love housewarming parties. There always just about getting together and enjoying… there’s no “big thing” that is going on, just an excuse to get together and be happy. Yes, ma’am, tomorrow is Edward’s 110th. The mods have set up a whole party area, by the telling of it. Can’t wait to see what all ends up happening.

AnnMarie~ :lol: I watched Goblet Friday, too! Lexing before church? :lol: Honestly, it sounds like something I would do! Just relax and be yourself. Don’t put so much pressure on yourself.

Jaclyn~ That dress is beautiful. I like the black and silver combo. I would go with purple for your sisters. Teal is such a difficult color to do right. It has to be a very specific shade, or it just kind of looks… I don’t know… odd. I’ve seen it too many times. Purple is classic and easier to match/compliment when you are looking at other things.

Susie~ Sounds like we’ve all been way busy this weekend. I’m sooooo jealous you got to see the BD1 trailer on the bigscreen. I was really hoping I’d get to see it this afternoon, but XMen is 20th Century Fox, and all the previews were Fox films. I’m not really sure I want to see Super8 as it’s not really my kind of movie. But, seeing the trailer might just make it worth it. Although, if I do see it, the whole mismatched music and time periods would totally irritate me. I hate those kinds of things. They always prickle the back of my brain.

Marielle~ Aww, I’m sorry you’re still feeling blechy. But, good idea canceling the outing, even though it’s a bummer. Better to be safe and get well sooner. YAY for the HP and concert tickets, though. Definitely things to which to look forward.

Amy~ Impromptu camping trip? That actually sounds like a lot of fun! I miss camping. Hubs and I used to go a lot before the monkeys came along. But, once they arrived and life got complicated with a lot more stuff, we just stick to the backyard now.

Christina~ :wave: I see you!!!

Alright, girls, off to bed with me. Though, I think, shockingly, I'll do a bit of light reading first. :D
“Directing 7 Cullens at once=herding cats" :ROTFLMAO:
C-Dubs is TwitterRoyalty
Turning Page is Gospel~Ashley=MiniMe~HHBS
velvet409
Teaching Eric Social Graces

Post by velvet409 »

Happy Father's Day everyone!

Okay these pop up ads on the Lex are really getting on my nerves! :mad:

Desiree~ OMG that trailer was amazing! Harry's walk through the woods is going to just kill me. Just seeing that little snippet in the trailer made me tear up. I was crying so hard reading that part of the book I had to put it down for a minute because I couldn't see through the tears. :cray:

Tonise~ Glad to hear your coffee date with Engineer Rick went so well. Thank goodness Bella was not in that area when the door fell! I'm glad she wasn't hurt.

Tracy~ I don't watch Fringe, but I do watch Bones pretty regularly. The Booth/Bones relationship reminds me a lot of Mulder and Scully. From what I've heard about Cosmopolis it doesn't sound like my kind of story either. I'm still on the fence about reading it. Let us know what you think. Enjoy your trip to St. Louis!

AnnMarie~ As Marielle said you have to start somewhere. With this job you have the opportunity to show that you are reliable and a hard worker and this will be helpful in the future when and if you decide to apply for a different job. I've heard zumba is a lot fun, so I hope you're enjoying it even though you get a little sore afterwards.

Caryn~ Yes the gift was quite a pleasant surprise. And thanks for keeping us up to date on all of the latest Rob news. We can always count on you to have the scoop. :thumbsup: I don't think I'd be able to work from home. There are too many distractions around here that I'd never get anything done.

Jaclyn~ That is such a cute story! Obviously BabyE loves her Auntie Jaclyn. ;) I love the bridesmaid dress you picked out and the black and silver combo will look gorgeous! With your sister's sash being white or ivory I think I would vote for teal (although purple would pretty as well). There are actually two companies in my office and we have mutual clients. Both of the pregnant ladies work for the other company so the slack will be picked up by the others who work on that side of things. No extra work for me. I believe maternity leave is typically six weeks.

Marielle~ I'm sorry that you're still feeling bad and the car is causing you problems. Although it sounds like you've had some positive things happen as well. I need to get working on my HP plans. I can't believe we're less than a month away!

Susie~ That's so cool that you got to see the BD trailer on the big screen. Seeing the headboard scene that size must have been something else! :swoon:

Tammy~ Can't wait to see what you come up with for Edward's birthday tomorrow!
Banner by TammyAZ
"Our fingerprints don't fade from the lives we touch."
The Real Aro
Making Onion Skin Look Good

Post by The Real Aro »

Why my darlings are you all still here discussing Mr. Patterson? Don't you ever tire? I would ask you take my hand and show me how what has been happening in the months since I last graced you with my presence but alas I suspect not much has changed around here.

I'm delighted to again be in your presence. The Cullens are such a lovely and talented family but they do lack in their preparation of appropriate snacks for their parties.......I'm sure you lovely ladies might be better hostesses.
SwanCullen
Touched By Cold Hands

Post by SwanCullen »

Aro, that is one thing we could NEVER tire of. He is all kinds of yum! (and NOT in the way that you are thinking!!! Keep your diet out of here!) I doubt any of us would actually even want to touch your hand. Gives me the creeps! You can go somewhere else for your snacks!

(Hi ladies! :wave: )
:grin: Proud HalfwayHouse Sister :grin:
Seasons Of Love-A Rosalie/ Emmett story
Ouisa
Taking over the world and making it pretty!

Post by Ouisa »

Aro, I am going to have to chase you all over these boards asking you not to eat our members?
marielle
Cliff Diving with Embry

Post by marielle »

Good morning ladies…

I took your advise and stayed in bed for a day… Thank goodness for laptops or I would miss Edward’s Bday… I’m felt much better when I woke up but slowly my troat and nose starting to hurt again…. Gods, I hate being sick… I feel like I have a lot of pinned up energy right now but by the time midday arrives I want to sleep again…

I hope you all celebrated a good father’s day… I bought my dad a basket with all his favorite sweets and chocolate, mom wasn’t happy about it because he is on a diet, they just forgot to mention it to me…

Anyway, I saw we had my favorite visitor back in our little house… Hello Aro!!! I’m happy to see you again… the last time you were here it was shortly before I went on a holiday for Rome, you were right, Rome is brilliant… Good food!!! ;)

Ouisa, don’t worry about Aro, he won’t touch us, he’s to afraid of our thoughts about Robward… hihi… :lol:

Susie, I just saw you added Rachel to our FB page, thanks, I knew I had forgotten something yesterday… I couldn’t remember who asked for to be added to the FB page…

Tonise, I’m happy to be any help… I have never had anything to complain about me and men, I always seemed the pick out the right ones but that perfect fantasy guy!!! Gods it keeps my mind bussy, especially after meeting Edward Cullen!!!

Caryn, where do you get the energy from to survive weekends like that and still be able to work after that??? I need a bit of that water you are drinking…
;) I’m happy to hear X-men first class was good, I really want to see that movie…

Christina, Yes, HP is getting here soon!!! I have planned it from the day I know the exact date of release… it has been in my agenda forever, now I finally have real plans, we are going to the preview marathon with 13 friends… (nutcases if you ask me),…after watching the second trailer I’m sure it will be an epic movie…

I'm going to be good and don't spend too much time with my computer and try to sleep a bit...
See you all later!!! :wave:
These violent delights, have violent endings...Like fire and gunpowder, they consume what they kiss

Respect Team Robsten, Proud addict of the halfway house
♥midnight_sun♥
Riding in the Rabbit

Post by ♥midnight_sun♥ »

Okay, okay let's see if I still remember how to do this. Everything has changed so much since the last time I was here. Wow. Um....do any of my girls still post here? Or am I going to look like a weird newbie because all my girls have left?

Well...if I am looking like a weird newbie, hi! My name's Ashley and I was around when we first got kicked off the RP as EC thread and got the Halfway House thread. Which means, in internet forum user terms I'm kinda old. :shock: Even though in RL I'm not.

Erm...long-ish (not really) story short, I ended up getting a Twitter and a few us oldies started talking on there more than here, and I just stopped posting here, with the exception of a couple times to drop by and say hi. Now I'm back and I'm going to try posting like I used to....which was a lot.

So....hello to any of my girlies (if you're still here. If not....well I look a bit silly right now) and hello to all the new people that I don't know.
Fan Fiction Addict•The Halfway House and Brute Squad Member•Banner/Signature OCD
Team Edward•JazzGirl's Official MiniMe•Cullenist•Keeper of the Names•Hatter Obsessed
marielle
Cliff Diving with Embry

Post by marielle »

Ashley!!!! what nice to see you back here again....
I'm still around here, posting daily... every now and than Trine and Jadey show up, Caryn is still around here, as is Jaclyn... I think that's the remaining members of the old group... besides that a lot off newbies...

Julie is hanging around in our new house on FB... you might be interested in joining that...if so, please send a friendship request to me (Marielle Groot Obbink) and I'll add you to the HH- facebook page... it's a easier way to keep in contact but we all still post here regularly...

How have you been? How are the old gang on Twitter? did you see the trailer? Amazing huh?
These violent delights, have violent endings...Like fire and gunpowder, they consume what they kiss

Respect Team Robsten, Proud addict of the halfway house