Rob's Halfway House -- #8

Off-Topic Forum for things having nothing to do with Twilight or the entertainment industry

Moderators: bac, cullengirl, una, Nena

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
VolturiGirl
Hanging Up on Jessica

Re: Rob's Halfway House -- #8

Post by VolturiGirl »

Suzan,
I love your pic of Peter. He is so adorable. On page 157 of this thread I posted the link to the Breaking Dawn movie clips.

[ Post made via Mobile Device ]
Banner by Tammy AZ

Aro, Caius, Marcus
The Original Godfathers
Jazz Girl
Making beautiful music with Edward as only I can

Post by Jazz Girl »

Good evening, sisters. Yep, I'm tardy. But, I swear, I have good reason. We had techfail of epic proportions at the office this morning that left me putting out fires and going old school all morning. First, in getting ready for a 2-day training next week, we found out that our brand new, high tech, bells-and-whistles copy machine is not yet equipped to hole punch. Making 80 copy binders and having to hole-punch all that by hand pretty much sucks rocks. Then, on top of that, we opened the tab-dividers to make tables of contents only to find out that the new company we used packages them pre-collated. So, in order to pull out all the ToC pages, I had to disassemble 85 sets of dividers! Good gods. And then, of course, I was running out the door because I had to pick up Littlun and his friend at soccer camp, finish a conference call, pay bills, get packed for our quick trip, drop off Littlun's soccer-bud and get on the road. Sheesh! And, if that's not enough, literally as soon as we got in the car, I got texts and emails galore that the Bel Ami trailer posted!! Of course, I dropped everything, switched seats with Hubs and pulled out the laptop and aircard to bask in that glory. Good gods, but it's been a whirlwhind! Thankfully, I had the entirety of the 4 hour drive to Cleveland to watch, rewatch and bask in the trailer, download GIFs and screencaps, and then watch it again! Hot Damn, girls! That movie is doing me in for sure!!!

Karenna~ YAY for seeing HP! Can’t wait to hear what you think about it. You are welcome to some of our heat. It was a heat index of 110 today. Yeah, Caryn just does NOT play that! I absolutely LOVED everything about ComiCon. I thought it was hysterical how Kristen kept trying to refocus people on Edward&Bella vs Rob&Kristen! Like when Bill Condon introduced the honeymoon clip, he says, “without further ado, here’s the first look at Rob&Kristen’s honeymoon…” when she pretty much yells over him, “Edward&Bella’s! Edward&Bella’s honeymoon.”

Tracy~ I haven’t gotten the full report yet, but our quick texts have confirmed that she had an AMAZING time. She was 3rd row center in HallH, so I can only imagine all the wonderful things she saw. And, as there is absolutely no sign that Summitt is planning on releasing those clips anytime soon, she also assured me that the clip they showed was absolutely PERFECT and amazing. She said both RobWard&KrisElla looked beautiful and that the nervous passion between them was glorious. She did say that, when the clip went black as Bella sees Edward in the water and starts walking towards him, more than one fan was overheard to say, “if it actually goes black there, I’m going to kill something!!” :lol: My sentiments EXACTLY.

JennJenn~ We’ll just have to agree to disagree, darl. It’s not the best, I’ll agree. But, the man could shave half his head bald and dye the remainder three different colors and I’d still die in his presence.

Marielle~ Go figure I’d ask something about that sweet little pup! :lol: I KNOW!!! Especially after hearing BFF’s description in torturously glorious detail, I’m DYING for it (though after today’s massive gift, I’m dealing much better!)

Desiree~ Sounds like things are going just fabulous for you. Absolutely agree with you. That was one of my favorite things about those pictures. There’s Rob, just taking a stroll with his best mate and his pup, enjoying the simple pleasures of life. He doesn’t hire someone to walk his dog, or just let him run in the yard. Such a good man.

Tonise~ I’m sorry you’re suffering so much from the chiggers and I’m glad you found some relief. I agree with you COMPLETELY about the Puppy clip from CC11. I could not believe what I was hearing. They essentially changed the entire reason he stays! Not that him staying with the expressed purpose of killing the baby makes him any better. But, still. It’s just so far away from what actually happened that I’m livid. It is amazing and very lucky I have such blessed friends. Even if I’m just the teeniest *holds arms apart as WIDE as they can go* bit jealous of her, I do reap the benefits. :wink:

Amy~ Yeah, that second clip is literally just torturous. To hear all that, RobWard in that velvety voice… “Don’t make me wait too long, Mrs. Cullen”… and to not SEE it… GAH!! It’s killing me!!

Trine~ I heard about that and I was so shocked! Of course you feel shaken. It’s absolutely deserved. No matter the scale, when the safety we live under everyday is challenged, it’s scary. I’m keeping the whole of the country in my thoughts. *hugs*

Raine~ So happy to hear that the party was a success. Sounds like you all are living it up. have so much fun and be safe. Can’t wait to see pics.

AnnMarie~ Even though you’re not sure what to do with it, enjoy your time off. I’m sure you’ll make good use of it.

Paula~ That’s too bad. You’ll be there in spirit, of course.

Suzan~ Let us know what you think of HP7.2. We always love to hear thoughts. Yep, that’s pretty much my course of treatment, too. Although, I have a script for Imitrex, which is supposed to kill the migraine before it gets going if you take it soon enough at the onset of symptoms. Sometimes it works and sometimes not. It just depends.

Gonna have to come back and finish editing this. We're at the hotel. Be right back!!
“Directing 7 Cullens at once=herding cats" :ROTFLMAO:
C-Dubs is TwitterRoyalty
Turning Page is Gospel~Ashley=MiniMe~HHBS
Dovrebanen
Red-Eyed Vampire

Post by Dovrebanen »

Good morning :)
I'm up early because I had to see the prime minister on TV, so I might as well get up.
Update on the situation here: They have now confirmed that at least 80 :!: people were killed on the island. That is such a number that I can't even imagine it. Witnesses say that there was one man shooting, and that he was cheering while he was doing it. It makes me sick to my stomach just thinking about it. They have arrested him, and he is a Norwegian!!! He also describes himself as a nationalist, extreme right oriented. I mean, if this is the work of one man it is just incomprehensible. They don't know his connections yet, so they haven't got any idea about his motivations and we don't know if more people are involved. But to me it doesn't seem like international terrorism at the moment. They also found undetonated explosives on the island.
Thanks for all your good thoughts :)

I've been trying to catch up on the last pages...
Missp ~ I am definitely a pro in moving :) We've done it so many times over the years.

Caryn ~ Thanks for the update on the dog :) That's a nice thing for them to do. And more people should take care of abondoned animals.

Tracy ~ Thanks for the transcript of the scene from BD. I would love it if it really stays that way. Inv: I wouldn't mind if they strayed just a bit from SM's description of the night either. Just a little more than fade to black :)

Jaclyn ~ You're in my thoughts today. Come back and talk to us whenever you feel like it. Your post actually made me cry. I am a bit emotional overall today, and my heart just breaks for you.

Suzan ~ Yes, I'm from Norway. I used to live in Oslo for about 5 years, but now I live furter south.

Caryn ~ I can't believe your still standing after the past week you've been having. I would be a wreck with a schedule like yours and all the technical problems. My week at work as been very quiet, with the few of us there able to take long lunches and spend time on the internet. So it's been a good week.

I still can't believe the hair...

Have a good day! I'm expecting my parents some time this afternoon, I might be able to stop by tonight.
Rob's Halfway House ~ Team Edward ~ Cullenist ~
marielle
Cliff Diving with Embry

Post by marielle »

Good morning ladies!!!

Oh my gods, I just heard on the news that there were 80 youngsters killed in Norway in that shooting.. that’s really terrible…

Trine, I heard that they immediately thought it were Muslim extremists that were responsible for the whole thing but I believe now they are says it’s a guy with extreme Nazi ideas… it must be terrifying that it is someone from your own country…

Caryn, hihi… The pics from comic-con makes me a very happy… my mom asked if they were dating/ or still together,… I spend 30 minutes explaining that they are together…Bear was the convincing factor for my mom…
You are so busy!!! Do you ever get to rest?

Ann-marie… hihihi, you mother must have been thinking you had gone crazy… isn’t it good to feel in love!!! I get a grin on my face every time I see Rob…I hope the hot tea didn’t hurt you too much…
Hmm, CPR done by Rob… I think I would faint just to get that done… and than fake unconsciousness just to prolong the moment,….

Amy, I keep forgetting about Peter’s special day here!! I really need to remember it next week.,..

Suzan, I hope you can come to the HH-con… I’ll keep you updated on the prices for plane tickets as I stalk the websites…
What I wanted to tell you, I think we should meet up when you get back in Leiden, so I can hand you your ticket for the 100 monkeys and chat a bit…
My brother traveled for 20 hours to Vancouver but he had a stop in the US… still a direct flight takes about 15 hours… to Chicago it will be around 9 hours…

Tonise, I saw that clip as well… I really hated it!!! I really hope the movie will be better than that or I’ll scream!!!
Yes yes yes… I’m going to save as much as I can… I already have de-tox issues from the shopping…

I have to bring my dad to the train….

See you girls later as I planned to spend some good quality time with my laptop!!!
These violent delights, have violent endings...Like fire and gunpowder, they consume what they kiss

Respect Team Robsten, Proud addict of the halfway house
dazzel21
Red-Eyed Vampire

Post by dazzel21 »

Hi Ladies!!!

I'm back home and since I'm evicted from my room because mom and dad are in it, and I don't have any space in the house to have a nap at the moment, I thought I'd make this post. Its quite long and detailed...(you have been warned)

So yesterday, as I keep mentioning in the past week is my baby cousins, 18th birthday. It was held in a function room in one of the hotel here in Manila. My baby cousin just like me is an avid reader and addicted to vampire, so its no surprise that the theme she picked out for her debut party is Vampire Themed.

We arrived at the hotel at around 3pm yesterday, running late because of a dozen or so last minute thing. As soon as we checked in everybody got busy preparing. We let the debutante (baby cousin) and the stage mom and aunt (my aunt and mom) have their turn first with the stylist and make up artist. One of my cousin and me went to the function room to check out the preparation there. At around 7pm we made our way to the function room, of course we left the debutante in the room until its time for her to make an entrance. We made our registration then one of the waiters at the front asks us what blood
typewe want. Its actually just red wine in testubes. We also have a bit of trivia which we had fun reading. There's also a picture booth. That's my entire family, SIL, eldest brother, eldest nephew, me, mom, SIL#2, big brother, baby niece, nephew#2 and dad.
"Because each and every one of us needs our own personal brand of heroine."
~Team Edward Forever~
marielle
Cliff Diving with Embry

Post by marielle »

OH MY FREAKING GOODNESS.... FOR ALL THOSE WHO DON'T HAVE FB!!! YOU'VE GOT TO WATCH THIS ASAP!!!!!

small warning you won't function properly for the rest of the day!!!
These violent delights, have violent endings...Like fire and gunpowder, they consume what they kiss

dazzel21
Red-Eyed Vampire

Post by dazzel21 »

cont. (SORRY MODS, I'M POSTING TWICE I RAN OUT OF URL's)

Table
settings, are filled with plastic fangs, plastic finger nails, sweets, chocolates, roses and candles. Bella's lullaby and other Twilight songs are playing softly as background music while we greet guests and relatives. The program starts at around 8pm. There's a video they've shown of the debutante's pictures from the time she's a baby up to the last day of her 17th year. Part of that video is this :lol: . I gave that shirt to my baby cousin on Christmas 2 years ago. It's our favorite road trip shirt.

The party follows the traditional debut party despite the unusual theme. There's the 18 roses dance. Baby niece did her job pretty well. She hand's out roses to the boys who danced with the debutante. 18 treasures which is where I'm part of. I got her the book she wants to add to her collection. 18 thousands, where the 18 giver gives her cash. And then the 18 candles/wishes.

Its a great party. And I know a very memorable one for my baby cousin. I know she'll never forget it. We all had fun. We spend the night at the hotel. Me and my cousins check out a couple of night spots near the hotel. We're all really tired though so we never stayed out really late.

The party's not over though. There's a continuation tomorrow for those who weren't able to make it yesterday. It would be a small gathering though at my aunt's place. We'll start with a mass with the entire family and then a quite get together. Maybe we can coax my baby cousin to spend some of those 18 thousand that she received :lol: .

I'll try to be back tonight to read some of the posts. I haven't seen all the news about comic con. I'm dying to get my hands on them. But right now everybody's starting to wake up from their nap and mom's dragging me to the mall. Gotta go...
Later.

P.S more pics in FB if you ladies want to see it.
"Because each and every one of us needs our own personal brand of heroine."
~Team Edward Forever~
Jadey
Resisting Temptation With Carlisle

Post by Jadey »

beep.

HELLO GIRLIES!!! I JUST CAME TO VISIT!!!!
heheeheheheeheh how are you all? Im good. Regular. Normal. Ya know.

Trine ~ IM GLAD TO HEAR YOU'RE OKAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY.

The Bel Ami trailer hahahah Angryward

Oh I hear you guise are having an HHcon? So jelly. Dw, ill just sit all alone down here in this part of ze world. All good. :( :lol:

Beep

x
^ by ForJazz
"Theres a lot of like, feminist issues with the book. Like, 'Oh, she's so devoted to him' and well yeah, she's in love with him"
- Kristen Stewart
newtonscricket
Hiding Lauren's Hair Dye

Post by newtonscricket »

Last post before going away to Pennsylvania for a week. Pennsylvania has been strictly instructed NOT to participate in the heat wave.

Trine, you and Norway are in my thoughts and prayers. This is so heartbreaking.

Bel Ami trailer: wow, just wow. Mmmm mmmm mmmm. Thanks for linking marielle!
marielle
Cliff Diving with Embry

Post by marielle »

SCREENCAPS, SCREENCAPS, SCREENCAP!!!

This I love

this even more!!!

My favorite!!! (this is also my prove that Rob would do great in a Tim Burton movie...)

Oh Yeah!!! And this one!!!!