Rob's Halfway House -- #8

Off-Topic Forum for things having nothing to do with Twilight or the entertainment industry

Moderators: bac, cullengirl, una, Nena

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
VolturiGirl
Hanging Up on Jessica

Re: Rob's Halfway House -- #8

Post by VolturiGirl »

Wow!! Look at me. My hubs and kids are in bed and I can Lex with no interruptions. Glad I took my boys to the pool today. I do have a bit of good news. My hubs told me today that he feels better about me going to Chichago since my mom was going with me that he offered to work overtime to pay for my trip AND my mom's. WHERE DID THAT COME FROM?? The reason I'm shocked was because he wasn't going to pitch in a dime for me to go. That was how much he was against me going. I feel so much better that he is more flexable with me going now. He even offered to help me look up plane ticket costs. :swoon:

Karena ~ G'Day to you.!! Have fun camping in your camper this weekend. I know that you guys are going to have so much fun. Think of all the fun memories you will have. It might be stressful at times, but once you guys get a routine, things will be easier. I can't wait to read on what you guys did.

Ginnie ~ To put it bluntly, that really sucks what happened. I'm so sorry and I know that it's going to be a tough weekend for you and your daughter. Hang in there and we will all be here for you. (((hugs))) By the way, thank you for the chicken recipe. I did pull out chicken breast, but hubs beat me to cooking them. I was kind of bummed because I wanted him to relax for once and enjoy a home cooked meal. But he is the better cook between us so I was only sad for a moment. He is smoking some baby back pork ribs for dinner tomorrow.

Tonsie ~ I would have loved seeing you and ActionRob doing an impression fo the Ghost pottery scene. I have a question: does ActionRob really sparkle? Was it CPC Tim that had the wrong intentions? What a punk. But look on the bright side, if something like that happens again you know what to do now and what to expect. It's good that you are just dating and not wanting to jump into something serious. I do have to say that I like New Moon. :o The end always tugs at me. I get choked up at the end when you can see Bella and Edward in JacobWolf's eye. That tear drop just does me in. My favorite scene is the fight scene with Edward and Felix. I don't care that it wasn't in the book, that is one of the only scenes that I wish WAS in the book.

Raine ~ I agree. Saturday should be a manditory pajama day. What I consider pajamas are my husband's white Hanes t-shirts and his boxer briefs. I figure: I wash them, I can wear them.

Desiree ~ I never had internet friends til I became a member of the Lexicon. Ya we do have different opinions on things, but that's what makes this thread fun. Yay for financial assistance. I know just how expensive preschool can be. A good 70% of my paycheck goes to my boys' schooling. But to make your day better, keep an eye on your mailbox...!! Don't worry. You don't have to pay me back. That is what internet friends are for. :D

Caryn ~ Glad you are enjoying the last moments of EP. When I read your post that you were reading it, I thought about jumping on the site but I just couldn't . I hate reading something from the begining and not be able to finish it. I know that I have a fanfic addition. I am actually depressed that Khar is pulling it. That is why I am not going to pick through it right now. I was very sad that MOtU, CW&IA, and MOBS was pulled as well. I know that MOtU has been published and that EP will be, but they won't be the same (if that makes any since).

Chrissy ~ Hey lady. Saw that you popped in. What game did you play on your Iphone? Angry Birds? If you like that game, you will love Stupid Zombies.

Has anyone heard from Tammy AZ, Fi, or Lulu? I haven't seen them lurking in a while. They were just on my mind right now.

Anyways, BigBoy just woke up from a nightmare. He said that he dreamed that a bug ate him. Sweet bugless dreams to all of my halfway house sisters.
Banner by Tammy AZ

Aro, Caius, Marcus
The Original Godfathers
Edwards Ragazza
Officially Bitten!

Post by Edwards Ragazza »

Amy~ My mind is faster than I type. I meant by that statement about other peoples opinions was on internet friends. Some people feel they are not real friendships. I strongly disagree! They are real friendships even if they are further than arms reach. Nope I am a total giver you will get a lil something in the mail!

Wow what a busy day for me. Cleaning house then rushing to the store to get a b-day present then attending the b-day present than hanging out with a dear friend who I have know for over 25 years who I consider family!

Hope you all are enjoying the weekend. HUGS!
Banner by TammyAZ
VirginiaMay
Has Caught Sight of Edward

Post by VirginiaMay »

Hi Ladies! :wave:

Just a quick fly-by this morning. I'm writing some What Drives Her with my puppy-girl laying at my feet. She's okay today, so thanks for the well-wishes. I did have a great time with the girls yesterday (Smitten_By_Twilight & Christina). It was shocking that the whole day went by without our noticing it!! Can you imagine how fast the days will go in Chicago?? Or where ever it is you Europe girls are planning on meeting? (I would love an excuse to travel overseas... at least I have my passport now. Even if I don't have the $$. Maybe I should start playing the lottery too. LOL!)

Anyway, I hope you all have a lovely Sunday. We'll be heading out to the pool soon.

Hugs! -Ginnie
marielle
Cliff Diving with Embry

Post by marielle »

Happy Sunday ladies!!!

Pffff, this is a heavy weekend…
We kicked out our guests early this morning… I know you suppose to like you family-in-law and I know you have to be gracious to guests but DANG that BiL and his GF can be annoying… they are so slow… it’s not even funny anymore…
Friday night they went to the theatre to see a musical, when they got back it was almost midnight and I wanted to sleep but they decided to sit in the living room and talk…about nothing…while we had a day full planned for Saturday…
Needlessly to say, Saturday was running late…they took 2 hours to have breakfast and take a shower!!!!
We did go to the fresh market and to the city… I comforted myself with 3 books…
I was happy that this morning we had already planned to go play tennis so our guests had to hurry a bit… they still took almost 2 hours!!!
I’m happy that is only once a year…

Btw, I’m in general a very good hostess… patient and always smiling…

Big big big plus for this weekend… I finally have my closet!!! I’m now taking a break from sorting through the massive pile of clothing… I’ve got a big bag full of throw-a-ways already…

Anyway… what have you girls been up to…

Ann-marie… I think today was a good result for the both of us in the F1… it was so slippery that I was afraid they would slide off easily…

Raine, my dad is heading your way… he is going to Singapore at the moment, he is sailing from south Africa… so I’m more worried about pirates than I am about typhoons and rough seas at the moment…’
Nope we had a visit from my BiL and his GF…

Susie, my bf won’t be spending time with us girls when he comes to Chicago as well, he’ll be exploring the city and all, maybe he will join us for dinner but even that is a small chance… he can deal with two or three women talking about girly things but a big group of girls… maybe if Jaclyn’s bf is there as well…

Amy, I can totally imagine how that would have sounded… I like the Aussie accent as well, it give a very laid-back feel… like you are supposed to be on the beach and have a cocktail,…
I’m happy your interview went well… I hope the woman that interviewed you is professional enough to look past the family history…

Ginnie, I hope you are hanging in there… there are a lot of people sending you support…

Tonise, I’m happy you finally wrote down your thoughts on HP… needlessly to say that I agree… even on your comments on the last scene… I thought it was really sweet instead of comical as many fans say…I have a great respect for Maggie Smith…(McGonagall) she battled through breast cancer during her years in Harry Potter and she never let down one scene, I think it’s only fitting that she got her moment of glory in the last part…
That line “marry me” kills me every time I see it… I’m not planning on getting married but if Rob says it to me I’ll say yes within a second…

Desiree, no I don’t think the public insomnia is related to the same issue… I don’t know where mine is coming from but it’s getting better at the moment but I have friends who all stress about something different, one is divorcing, the other is waiting for a surgery…etc…
I can understand that the economy issue in the US keeps you up at night… I know there will be major consequences even for us in Holland when they fail to find a solution… the house market with die and the inflation will rise… all sorts of bad things…

As I said I bought 3 new books yesterday… I bought a book by Debora Harkness, “discovery of witches” has any one read that yet? … It’s about a witch and a vampire looking for answers about a certain mystery…
And I bought the 5th part of ‘the secrets of the immortal Nicholas Flamel…. Anyone read that? It’s an awesome series… it will be 6 books or something…I think everybody will like that, it has wizards, vampires, ancient mythological creatures in it…
And I bought the third book from Lauren Kate
I think I have enough to read until next year now…

Anyway, I have to get the dishes washed and finish up my clothes…see you all tomorrow…
Have a nice evening!!!
:wave:
These violent delights, have violent endings...Like fire and gunpowder, they consume what they kiss

Respect Team Robsten, Proud addict of the halfway house
Dovrebanen
Red-Eyed Vampire

Post by Dovrebanen »

Hey, girls!
Sorry, I've been away for a while. We're on a trip to Bergen, and it's been busy so I haven't really had time to get online.
Now my bf is out playing a card game while I'm taking care of the cold I've managed to get... I just hope that it doesn't develop any further. I'm treating myself to a soda and chocolate for consolation.

Naturally I haven't been able to catch up on everything... Just a few random comments (no one missed out intentionally):

Jaclyn ~ I'm glad that you made it through the funeral. It seems like you had as nice a day as possible with your family.

Caryn ~ Yes, the fact that it is a norwegian who did this both makes it less scary, but at the same time more hurtful. He has really done it, turned his entire country upside down. Apperantly what he wanted to is to put an to our multicultural society... And he wanted to prove his point by harming the youth of the Labor party to ensure that they had a stop in their recruitement. It is really the ideas of an insane man. But what has been fantastic about this is that all of us have grieved together, now matter what our cultural background is.

Austwillight ~ Thank you so much for your concern. I'm glad to hear that your family is okay.

Tonise ~ I'll let you know about the HH con as soon as I can. The prices for accommodations isn't the issue, it depends on flights and time.
Sorry to hear about the guy you've been chatting with. It's a disappointment, but at least you discovered it early.

Ann Marie ~ Shopping with my mom isn't really what it used to be. She suffered a stroke a few years ago. She has recovered in a lot of areas and not in others, but I swear her taste in clothes has gone down the drain... I guess it's got something to do with impulse control maybe... I have to be nice about it and suggest that maybe she looks at something else when it becomes too crazy :)

Suzan ~ That was so nice of you to sign the concolance register :) About the punishment: Our maximum penalty is 21 years. But he can be sentenced to custody, meaning that in theory he can spend the rest of his life in jail. What they can do is sentence him to 21 years of custody, then that can be extened with 5 years at a time, if he is still seen as a danger to society. So in theory that is the rest of his life. If he is sentenced to serve normal time, it is 21 years max. with no possibilty of extension.

Desiree ~ I know what you mean. I feel like I can tell you all everything. And often you all know more about me than my other friends do, since you're more easily accessible.

Ginnie ~ I am so so sorry. I've been through it and it's a terrible feeling. But you know that you've done all you can for her.
I'm also sorry to hear that you have to wait. I hope you've all had an okay weekened with no pain. We're here if you need to talk.

Take care, everyone. :wave: to everyone I missed.
Rob's Halfway House ~ Team Edward ~ Cullenist ~
Jazz Girl
Making beautiful music with Edward as only I can

Post by Jazz Girl »

Good afternoon, my girls! It's been a quiet Sunday morning, with everyone having a bit of a lay in. I even slept later than Hubs did and he brought me coffee in bed (which, to me is better than breakfast in bed!) So, now, I've done a bit of laundry, a few dishes, and changed some sheets and I'm settling in to do some reading, writing and a few other things on the computer. These are my favorite kinds of Sundays.

Tonise~ Awww, what a comfy evening. Hubs was definitely exhausted. He left the house just after 5 am and didn’t return until almost 5 pm. Plus, the dress code calls for long black pants and boots, which on a 90 F day, is a little much. But, He was happy to do it to be able to work off some of Biggun’s fees. I promised that I would work next year. :lol: I'm sorry you had one of those bad experiences that makes people question online social communities. But, good for you, taking that bull by the horns and setting him straight right away.

Amy~ That’s GREAT!!! I honestly have to believe that, as we get closer and closer and we show the boys how much we all want to get together and how much fun we’ll have and how close we all are, they’ll all come around. But, I’m so glad that yours has started to move that direction, too. I can tell you, yes, ActionRob actually sparkles. It’s actually really kind of cute. Hmmm, I suppose that means that I’m just more cold-hearted than you and Tonise, but I just honestly have no sympathy for Jacob at the end of NM, in either the movie or the book. He looses me as soon as he starts throwing his tantrum when Alice returns. By the time we get to the end, I honestly just hope Edward doesn’t stop as short as he does and runs over his little canine behind. What? He’ll heal.

Desiree~ Sounds like a wonderful day!

Ginnie~ I know!!! I have to figure we’d honestly need about a full week to truly feel like we spent any time together. But, we’ll take what we can get. I’m glad you got some time to write with your girl. It sounds like a wonderful way to spend some one-on-one time with her.

Marielle~ It’s okay. In-laws can be annoying. Heck, family in general can be annoying. Just because we’re related to them doesn’t mean they don’t do things that get under our skin. But, now it’s back to the regular irritations of every day life. Here’s hoping you have time to relax and dig into a few of those new books today.

Trine~ It is often just amazing how those kinds of tragedies bring us together in ways we never thought we'd see. I'm sorry you've picked up a cold while on your trip. Just take care of yourself and enjoy your trip.

Rob's Schedule~ Well, we have confirmation that Rob will actually be present at the Teen Choice Awards next Sunday. I'm telling you, I adore the man in so many ways, but that event just snaps my teeth together. I mean, I love to see him honored in any way, but that event just.. it seems like one of those events, one of those dynamics, that seems to hold him back. And, in a way, it's just kind of ridiculous. I mean, Rob's nominated in the category, Choice Vampire, for gods' sake. It's one of those things that keeps him pigeon-holed. Although, on the up side, he is nominated for both Eclipse and Water for Elephants. It does make me kind of sad though because we have confirmation that Kris is back in London to start shooting SWatH, and we know Rob can't join her until at least next Monday.

Alright, I'm off to check some other boards and giggle at Hubs watching the NASCAR race. Don't get me wrong, I love racing. But, he just gets so funny getting into it.

Laters.
“Directing 7 Cullens at once=herding cats" :ROTFLMAO:
C-Dubs is TwitterRoyalty
Turning Page is Gospel~Ashley=MiniMe~HHBS
TammyAZ
Hiding Lauren's Hair Dye

Post by TammyAZ »

Hello ladies! I'm soooo sorry I haven't posted in so long!!! The kids have been in AZ visiting my family for a month and the hubs and I have been enjoying the quiet time together. We.ve both been trying to spend less time on the computer and more time just hanging out with each other.

It has taken me forever to catch up and I didn't go through and write any replies while I was reading like I normally would :blush:

Jaclyn~ I'm so very sorry for your loss. Family is so very important in times like these, take comfort from them and remember that they (and we) will be there for you no matter what!

Ginnie~ My thoughts are with you too on your loss. The loss of any family member no matter who or what they may be is very hard.

HHCon~ I guess I would be a definate maybe---Everything is going to depend on hubs and I finding hobs. We're still looking and his unemplyment has been approved but until one of us finds something I just can't commit to anything :(

Caryn~ I didn't realize she was pulling EP! As soon as I read that, I decided to try and skim through one more time, but I just don't think I can gt through it all today :banghead:

HP movie~ I haven't had a chance to see it yet but the kids went and they loved it!! I'm hoping to go soon!

I can't remember who asked (I wish I would have remembered to write things down!!!) but I would be happy to make you a banner. I think you said you wanted Edward and Alice? My short term mamory is just not what it used to be :( Just let me know if there are any particular pictures or colors that you want and I'll whip one up for you!

I'm going to try and go back through posts later so I can reply to everyone else. I just wanted to let you all know that I'm still here and kickin' !!!

I don't have anything new yet (I'm working on one now) but I thought I'd leave you all with and oldie but goody!!

I'll be sure to post my new one as soon as it is finished! And I promise not to stay away so long this time!

"You will always be the most beautiful thing in my world" ~~Edward Cullen
Banner by me :)
vampirelover109
Helping Mike to Get a Clue

Post by vampirelover109 »

Hey girls

Sorry I'm late popping in it's been pretty tough today I went to church this morning which was good it was a really nice service then I had to pop to the shops for mum to get a few bits but I had a really bad panic attack so I had took some deep breaths and wait it out and it went eventually I was just frustrated at myself because I've been trying so hard to fight this depression and the panic attacks and then they crept upon me anyway o just got back from the 2nd church service because we had a guest speaker which was really good

Anyway I'm off to get some food I will do my prope post properly in the morning

Night ladies

[ Post made via Mobile Device ]
team edward all the way
openfire
Touched By Cold Hands

Post by openfire »

Hey folks,

Just another fly by from me.... We've been pretty busy this weekend. Yesterday, we painted the outside of our house. It took AGES but now looks really great! Next week we are getting stones delivered, and then once we put them down and buy some pots for a couple plants, our front garden will finally be finished!! Whoop! And then next year, we will have to tackle the back garden...
Tonight we took my parents out for dinner, and then they came back to ours and we played some games. It was really good fun.

And now, it's Sunday night at 10.30 and I have to go to work again tomorrow!! :( Why does the weekend go so fast??

Random responses...

Ginnie - So sorry to hear about your dog, and so annoyed with the vet! I hope everything goes as well as it can tomorrow, and we will be here for you Sister *eHugs*!

Ginnie, Chistine & Brenda - Awesome that you all met up!!

Tracey - Glad you enjoyed the CC stuff! I've been such a bad fan and not watched one single thing yet...

Marielle - I sent you and Susie a reply :D That's pretty cool about your aunts house, if a few Sisters were to come! I love your new closet by the way. I can't remember when you asked this (or maybe it was someone else LOL) but in the UK, we do indeed call them "wardrobes". I cleaned out a few clothes today too.

Tonise - Thanks for sharing you HP thoughts! I enjoyed reading them.
Take care on Mingle - that guy does indeed sounds like an &^%$!

Susie - Yay for getting to re-start your writing this week! Remember, if you like, you have still to send me the next lot you done before!

Tammy - It's great to see you! I hope you and yours are well :)

Sorry for the kinda rubbish replies ^^ I do read everything, as I lurk on my phone, and always reply to you all in my head while reading LOL! I've just been pretty busy lately that I seem to have no time to make decent posts. I am thinking of you all though & I miss you!

Well, only another 5 more days to the weekend... LOL

Bye!
Banner by the super talented TammyAZ!
Susie
Frozen in Time

Post by Susie »

Hi All!

Just a fly-by because I'm exhausted and have a bit of a migraine coming on, so I'm going to bed early tonight!

Catch you in the morning!