Rob's Halfway House - #9

Off-Topic Forum for things having nothing to do with Twilight or the entertainment industry

Moderators: bac, cullengirl, una, Nena

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
Chernaudi
Tantalizing Men With Rosalie

Re: Rob's Halfway House - #9

Post by Chernaudi »

Hi everyone :)

I was messaging a friend because we've been talking about the KS articles and photos a lot the past few days, and I thought that you'd all like to see what I wrote to her (BTW, we both love Kristen and Rob). It's a bit personal, but bear with me because I do have an issue with certain people who mistreat them for no good reason:

"I mean, look at me. I'll be 25 on Nov 27, I'm single, I don't have a job and have had a hell of a time finding one, I don't have a lot of money, I come from a working class family, and I'm a virgin. Am I slightly jealous of Rob, and even of Kristen? Yes! Because they have what I wanna have. Do I envy Kristen and Rob and their relationship? Yes, because they have what I wanna have. I'd be lying if I'm not slightly envious of their wealth and their loving relationship. Do I let that control my life? No, because some things aren't just meant to be for all people. And I know of what they've been though enough to not be jealous of their fame. I don't really wanna be famous, and neither did they. And what little envy I have for them is way overshadowed by the love, admiration, and respect I have for them. I love, admire and respect them for not conforming to H'wood's norms, being themselves, being open minded and open to growing each other and themselves, and making the world "their's" as far as living their life their own way, while keeping their humanity and faith in people.

And I agree with you as far as being a dreamer, and it's the dreamers who remain grounded who really make it in life. I think that Kristen and Rob understand that and have for a while. They now have it clear in their heads their hopes and dreams, but they're grounded enough to not get too far ahead of themselves, which I think is a big issue with the nonstens, pressure group members, and political extremist. They dream big, but don't have it in them no matter how good their intentions are, to put those dreams into effective action.

I really do think that Kristen and Rob will make it in life no matter what happens, because they were raised by good parents and came from loving families who taught them good values, and they've grown to the point now where they know what they want out of life, where they want to go, and what they need to do to reach their goals. They're smart, have good heads on their shoulders, are their own force within themselves, and haven't let the world get them down or paint them into a corner."

As may of you know, I hate mainstream H'wood and their BS standards they tout. They have no more right to tell Kristen and Rob how to live than I do, and I think that they're a great example for all young couples out there. Even if they dissapear from H'wood after Twilight and SWATH and their other projects are done, I won't hold anything against them. If they're happy, that's all I want. That's the only thing I'd ask of them, that they're happy, and I'd ask it for them because they deserve, after what they've been though at times, some peace and happiness.

Now that I'm though (for now at least:) ) with gushing about K&R, I don't know exactly what I'll do tonight aside from checking in here and playing some VGs, but there's some old World War II in Color on, and maybe Ancient Aliens on the History Channel.

I'll be checking back in later, but until then, enjoy what I wrote about Ms. Stewart and Mr. Pattinson :)
Audi, Twilight, Cher, Pink Floyd, symphonic/progressive rock, KStew, RP, Bio-Booster Armor Guyver-what's not to like

Team Renesmee, Team Bella, Team Edward.

Fan fic stories: http://www.fanfiction.net/u/2192109/
Edwards Ragazza
Officially Bitten!

Post by Edwards Ragazza »

Hi Everyone,

I know I have been a stranger but you girls are not the only ones that haven't heard from me. October 1st was my sons birthday. That day he had 2 friends birthday parties to attend back to back. Lil Mrs B and Mr L were in sugar heaven. The next day we went on a 5.5 hour drive to visit my parents since they couldn't make it down for my sons birthday. We are celebrating my sons birthday this Sunday. It will be a Super Hero theme since my son loves anything that is super hero. School is going good. I am also looking for work in the evening since the hours are not enough at the place I am at now.

Now to the Twi-news. I have been living in a cave right now buried under house work to know what is going on right now but I just saw the Yahoo news about Kstew slipping about her boyfriend Rob. I had to giggle since we all knew that those two were a couple.

Hope you all are doing well and when things start to settle a bit I will be back.
Banner by TammyAZ
marielle
Cliff Diving with Embry

Post by marielle »

Good morning everybody!!!!

It’s Friday!!! Yes, yes, yes, yes!!! Finally the weekend draws closer…

To celebrate the last day of the week I thought a gift from Robsessed would be nice

The biggest news of the day… Rob has been announced most sexiest by Glamour!!! Duh!! We already knew that!!! More shocking the dutch telly managed to write his name wrong 3 times!!!!

I’m at my boring work again, I hope the time will fly like it did yesterday but I’m afraid it won’t…

Amy, yep that was Jamie… I loved him back than, I watched the movie because of the handsome Mr. Depp but I think Jamie stole my heart… I really think he has grown up to one handsome and good actor… too bad he already is engaged…

Chernaudi, I like your gushing about Rob and Kris…there are some small issues I don’t agree on but that’s personal for everyone to judge by themselves. I agree that it’s hard not to envy them for what they have. I mean I could be jealous of Kris for having Rob, but I’m sure she fought for him and she deserves to have him…but I’m more jealous of them for having a job they like than anything else…
I really hope that Rob and Kris will step away from the blockbusters for a while. Just to settle back into the small budget but good movies they love.

Hey Desiree, congrats on your little man’s bday…
That’s what Kris said as well…she claimed it was very obvious and couldn’t understand people were still discussing about it…

Caryn, where are you!!! don’t drown in your work!!!

Saying that, I’m going to dive head first into my work so that I can finish at least something before the weekend starts…
:wave:
These violent delights, have violent endings...Like fire and gunpowder, they consume what they kiss

Respect Team Robsten, Proud addict of the halfway house
Jazz Girl
Making beautiful music with Edward as only I can

Post by Jazz Girl »

*Caryn is seen running through the house, stopping briefly in front of each bit of lovely RobCrack decorating the walls*

Hey all. Still alive. Still kicking. Working ridiculous amounts of hours getting ready for conference while still trying to have my children recall my existance. On top of all of it, they decided to deem Joey the Jeep a total loss, so I'm scrambling to identify a vehicle we can buy with the insurance money. Miss you all madly. *blows kisses to all the HHSiblings* It's amazing how much of a calming effect this place has on me. It's killing me to be away. I'll do my best to pop in for a proper post either this evening or tomorrow morning.

Laters!
“Directing 7 Cullens at once=herding cats" :ROTFLMAO:
C-Dubs is TwitterRoyalty
Turning Page is Gospel~Ashley=MiniMe~HHBS
SwanCullen
Touched By Cold Hands

Post by SwanCullen »

*runs in fast*

Hi! Quick hello!

*runs out fast*
:grin: Proud HalfwayHouse Sister :grin:
Seasons Of Love-A Rosalie/ Emmett story
Susie
Frozen in Time

Post by Susie »

Happy Friday Everyone!

I guess the reason I was so swamped yesterday was because I was packing for my next Susie trip -
to HOLLAND!! Yes, that's Susie with Marielle and Suzan. We are having a great time and
WE WISH YOU WERE ALL HERE!!! Jaclyn was going to try to join us, but the airfares were just too expensive. Paula was also going to join us but couldn't after all, so we are a small HHHCon. I'm staying in Suzan's city, so she has been taking good care of me, meeting me at the airport and taking me to her city by train. Later Marielle joined us. We'll be going out for dinner soon. We don't know what we're doing tomorrow- it may depend on the weather. I'll be flying back to Minneapolis on Sunday.

HAVE A GREAT WEEKEND!
Chernaudi

Post by Chernaudi »

Hi everyone :)

Tonight's gonna be another boring night as far as TV goes. At least that might help me get some other things done tonight that I'd like to do. I should def be back online as far as writing over the course of the next couple of days.

Now to answer some posts:

Marielle: I think that we're all a bit envious of Kristen and Rob for having a lot of money and making a lot of money doing a job that they like doing, and now having a lot of freedom to do with their careers what they want. And I think that for us single folk out there that we'd want a relationship like they have. Of course, I know that a majority of the women here are married or in a relationship.

Naturally, Kristen and Rob have fought for each other--Kristen fought to have Rob cast as Edward, and Rob has gotten on the arses of people who disrespect Kristen, and Kristen has done the same for people who rubbish Rob, and both have fought to keep their relationship from being constant tabloid fodder. It's just as Kristen said, it's so obvious that they're together, why do people keep speculating?

And, naturally, I already know that you'll be pulling for JB this weekend, and I know for sure he's got something this week that neither of us have: the massive cash-flow that McLaren has guaranteed Jenson until possibly 2017, let alone the endorsement money he gets from Mercedes-Benz.

Susie--I hope you enjoy your visit to Holland.

I'll be back later, and I hope that business will pick up a bit, too--it's Friday night, after all?

PS--Robstenation has new Kristen GQ stuff, and some new R&K videos.
Audi, Twilight, Cher, Pink Floyd, symphonic/progressive rock, KStew, RP, Bio-Booster Armor Guyver-what's not to like

openfire
Touched By Cold Hands

Post by openfire »

Good Friday Evening everyone!

As Susie said, I was hoping to be in Holland this weekend as well, but the flights were a bit too expensive. Pretty sad about that!!

But instead, tomorrow my bf & I will be going up to visit my sister with my parents. They haven't seen her new flat yet (they were on holiday when she moved) so it will be nice to all be together. We are staying overnight, and coming home on Sunday.

Tonight we are watching The Million Pound Drop - a tv game show that is so brilliant! The presenter is Davina McCall, who is so funny to watch. Fun!

To the posts!

HHHCon - I hope you Sisters have an AWESOME time in Holland!! You know I wish I could be there - if only the flights were a bit cheaper :( I WILL be there next time though ;)
Take lots of pics & I can't wait to hear about what you all get up to. That's a shame that Paula couldn't make it now though. Hopefully she will be able to come next time too!!

Rachel - Great to hear from you. I hope your pregnancy brain isn't causing you too much trouble. When are you due again? Do you know what you are having? Two people in my work are pregnant just now..both due in February. They have just had their 20 week scan & are starting to show...makes me broody Haha!

Marielle - The weather the past couple days has been bad... really cold (wind chill made it feel colder, about 2C, which just felt really cold since that's the first time it's been that cold since the winter/spring). Yesterday we had HUGE hailstones! I thought that the forecast might be right & it may snow today, but it's actually been quite warm-ish (12C) and really sunny with blue skies LOL. I think it may snow up north though.
Thanks for letting us know Kris refers to Rob as her English boyfriend! I hadn't read that. Soooo makes my shipper heart smile!!

Chernaudi - I loved your RobSten gussing! Aww! You defo fit right in here; we may all be here cos we love Rob, but we all have a soft spot for Kristen, and even more so for them being together!

Sandy - Hi there!

Suzan - I hope your exam went well! When do you find out your results?

Ann Marie - Congrats on getting your One Direction tickets, I know how much you wanted them! I saw JLS last year; they put on a good show.
Yay for meeting a boy! Even better than he's a TwiGuy! Awesome! Where did you meet?

Caryn - I am glad you managed to get your midnight BD tickets. Will your Monkeys go with you on the Friday night, once you have made sure it's ok for them to see? I don't think I'm dressing up. I loved Tracy's idea (last year it was I think?) to all wear "don't fade to black" LOL! But now since we've seen the trailer, I guess we can't really wear those now..
Aw sorry to hear about your Jeep... will you be getting another car the same?

Amy - I have a question! What do you mean by you can get cola as a "fountain drink"? Like a water fountain?? Wow!! LOL!
WeeM never done much for his birthday, since he was at school during the day. At night we went to his house for dinner and birthday cake. I think he had a good day though!

Christina - Yay for the BD trailer! I have still never seen it at the cinema...don't think I will now. Yay for your mom reading TheBookThatShallNotBeNamed! My mom read it too, and really enjoyed it.
Love the picture of Florida you posted; very beautiful! We have started looking into costs etc for our trip. It's pretty expensive, but we expected that, so now just have to figure out how much we are able to spend.

Tonise - Glad you got your retirement meeting sorted, but I have to ask.. you can retire at 53 in the States?? Wow. Here, no one can retire early, unless they get voluntary redundancy, and generally employers don't want to do that. The state retirement age just now is 65, but that is increasing to 70 in the next couple years. By the time I'm older, it will prolly be 80 or 85. Rubbish! What do you think you will do once you retire from teaching?

Tracy - I can't believe your daughter's bus comes at 6.40am! What time does she actually start school? Is her school quite far from your house? That's great that your son is being such a trooper in getting up early etc. Aww!

Desiree - Thanks for checking in! I always love it when you do, as I miss you Sister!

JennJenn - Hello!

Susie - Glad SonnyBoy got his English paper done ok. Did he enjoy your apple pie? Btw, I got your chocolate cake recipe - thanks for sending that! I will hopefully be able to make it one weekend.
Enjoy your time in Holland! Can you speak any Dutch?

I hope you all enjoy your weekend! I hopefully can check in on Sunday. Until then!
Banner by the super talented TammyAZ!
openfire
Touched By Cold Hands

Post by openfire »

Sorry for the double post, but that was my 1000th post! Woohoo, I have now caught the sight of Edward! :D
Banner by the super talented TammyAZ!
Chernaudi

Post by Chernaudi »

Jaclyn: "Fountain drink" is American jargon for soft drinks dispensed from a dispenser like beer is at a bar. It's actually fairly common at eat in fast food places here in the US, and most of them are self-serve with free refills.

To be honest, I don't like to ship Kristen or Rob too much, but as Kristen said in that GQ interview, it's a bit obvious, and I think that she and Rob would love for the speculation to end. It's within their right to be in their relationship, and it's well within their rights to not have to advertise it to the world.

And I don't get why Kristen and Rob describe their lives as boring, especially when they can have some privacy and time to themselves. Maybe they just see themselves as normal people, and I still feel that even if I saw Kristen walking down the street, or even Rob, someone might have to tell me that it's Kristen or Rob. Rob just looks like a normal dude to me, and Kristen looks like the chick next door--they both just seem so "normal" to me. I wouldn't mind hanging with them for a few days, though, obviously! :)

I still haven't figured out what I'd like to do tonight, though I do have some plans for tomorrow night--Japanese GP and maybe the Bathurst 1000. I don't know about Sunday aside from Speed Center (a motorsports highlights show) and Wind Tunnel (a motorsports discussion show), but at least there'll be Top Gear on BBC America Monday night. I do sort of hope that they start showing some of the shows that James May has written and hosted on his own, even if it's re-runs of Toy Stories, James May's/James and Oz's Road Trip, and James May/James and Oz drink to Britain, which I don't think that they finished on BBC America, and James will have a BBC America version of Man Lab.

And as far as TG goes, James can draw as many column inches as Rob Pattinson can among female fans :)

Well, I'm gonna finish looking some stuff up before I return here. Bye until then :)