Rob's Halfway House - #9

Off-Topic Forum for things having nothing to do with Twilight or the entertainment industry

Moderators: bac, cullengirl, una, Nena

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
twilightsagaaddict
Has Caught Sight of Edward

Re: Rob's Halfway House - #9

Post by twilightsagaaddict »

HAPPY
HUMP
DAY!

I did have to go a little old-school in my pics....my Rob-stash is sadly lacking on new ones :(

thank you for the get-wishes everyone! :)

Tracy ~ Happy (late) Lexiversary! The cold is slightly better today...I did go to the Immediate Care on Monday morning and was told it was just a virus, but if I'm still coughing like this by Friday, I'm going back in. We've had an outbreak of Whooping Cough in our town (there's over 30 cases at chick #1's high school. Jealous that you're already at the 'tent scene' :mrgreen:

Ginnie & Christina ~ loved the pic at TW!! So cool that you saw it at the theater. Ginnie - loved the pics of your kids! :)

Lulu ~ your family pics were awesome! (and it was an awesome movie!!). Thank you for sharing your thoughts on the sex-shielding, and sex discussions. I do have to say, when I first read the series, and my then 6th grader wanted to read it, I didn't have any issues about her reading the 'sex scene'...we had already had 'the talk', and I did use it to my advantage to portray the waiting -until- marriage idea(however abstract it was at the time to her). However, now that she's a freshman, its no longer abstract -LOL! I was dropping her off at school the other day and realized she's in high school, and almost the same age as the characters in TW...nothing like a reality check :)

MysticsOcean ~ Welcome to the HH! :hello:

Suzan ~ thank you for the RobCrack!! It certainly is a cure for what ails you :twisted:

Susie ~ loved your description of what you wear to bed--I, too have many layers to sleep in :)

Off to keep up the re-read....here's where I'm at now..
"Your human instincts.....," I began. He waited. "Well, do you find me attractive, in that way, at all?" He laughed and lightly rumpled my nearly dry hair. "I may not be human, but I am a man," he assured me.' SWOON!! :swoon:

Laters!! 8-)
Proud resident of Rob's Halfway House !!Image
Banner by TammyAZ
Jazz Girl
Making beautiful music with Edward as only I can

Post by Jazz Girl »

So here I am, all tucked in safe in my hotel. I do wish I was enjoying my copy of WfE. But, there was a little issue with that. So, here I sit with my wine and my laptop. Next best thing.

Amy~ Awww, smiley TwiRob!! *sigh* He so owns me. Good gods, girl. Are you trying to kill me!!

Suzan~ Depends on the training. Some I facilitate, and others I just do the administrative side of things onsite for our contract trainers. It all falls under my job description.

Jaclyn~ Watching it at home prior to the theater show seems like a good (not to mention cheaper) alternative.

Lynne~ it is the primary reason you all are the saviors of my sanity most days. You encourage me to laugh at myself. Your friends reacted that way, really? I can’t imagine. While I carry no shame about my history, I certainly have moments when I wish that Hubs was the only part of it.

Christina~ :lol: As I was appreciating your beautiful gifts, I noticed that they all seem to come from one very well stocked source… :lol: GAH!! That was my plan as well. But, alas, I didn’t realize that what I thought was the three-pack (BluRay, DVD & Digital Copy) of WfE turned out to only be BluRay and Digital. So, Lappy2 is useless in satisfying my need for RobKowski. Damn it!!!

Sandy~ Good gods, how can you be anything but heart-thumpingly healthy with that kind of medicine around. *sigh* I love that quote…

Alright, I’m going to do the next best thing. There’s some FanFic calling my name.
“Directing 7 Cullens at once=herding cats" :ROTFLMAO:
C-Dubs is TwitterRoyalty
Turning Page is Gospel~Ashley=MiniMe~HHBS
missp
Teaching Nessie all she needs to know
Location: Missing my HH SISTERS but loving all the great memories from HH CON 2012!

Post by missp »

16 DAYS!!! :clap: :clap: I am loving that there's something new every day! I will probably blow through my alloted mega bites way before the month is up!! :lol: I have my premier group all lined up... me and three buds! I also have the second viewing on Friday night planned with my sisters and some of their work buds. I'm sure I'll go back on Saturday with my sisters and nieces. By Sunday, I'll be ready to go by myself. :D I LOVE PREMIER MONTHS!!
Tornado
Member: LaPush Cliff Diving Team

Post by Tornado »

Hm, so many interviews to watch, and so little time! I'm loving this!!!

Sean - make sure you keep us posted about the job situation (I'm sure you will!).

Christina - Oh, you make me jealous! But hopefully I'll be watching WFE on Boxing Day!

Sandy - *sigh* and the bit just before, "regardless, I have better reflexes," always gets me!

Caryn - glad to be of service! Yes, they did react that way! Actually, it was particularly interesting with one school friend who I got back into contact with after twelve years. She was telling me - rather disparagingly - about a mutual acquaintance of ours, and she happened to say, "And she waited until she was married to have sex!"
"So did I," I said.
There was silence on the line for a moment (we were on the phone).
"Does that surprise you?" I asked.
"No," she replied, "you were always a person of high moral character."
I found it interesting that the fact that I waited was a sign of my high moral character, but when it was the other girl it was just a sign that she couldn't get laid before the wedding night!
marielle
Cliff Diving with Embry

Post by marielle »

Good morning everybody!!!!

Gods, I feel like crap…I have slept really bad, been awake a lot and my arm hurts quite a bit from my flu shot… I really need the weekend to hurry up and get here…

I have been good so far, I haven’t even watched all the new behind the scenes clips and all but my hands are itching to click the play button…

Did you all see the pics of Kris arriving in LA? she is still wearing a brace, did she hurt her hand again on set or would it still be the old injury… I hope she heals quickly…

Anyways posts…

I saw in my quick scan this morning that we have a new member.... which I now see I totally missed yesterday… I’m so sorry… but Welcome to the HH MysticsOcean… I hope you manage to pop in often…

Lulu, your Halloween outfit rocks… it looks awesome… and what a good looking hub you have, especially with the wig…yes definitely a cute couple you are…
Yes, Rob had that one coming after a comment like that, papz and the rumor factory had a field day I’m sure…
I love that you are planning on having “the talk” with your kids…I don’t think my parents ever did that. I was very independent when I was young, and because “the talk” is in Holland a part of your education it was a really natural learning curve… but I remember my parents telling my brother regularly to do it safe… Me on the other hand went to the doctor’s office for my pill alone on the age of 15… I did everything alone…

Lynne, you really waited until you were married? Wow… that’s so good of you…I didn’t and there had been moments I have regretted it greatly… but I couldn’t change it anymore so I did not wallow in that idea but I think that it’s good to give your kids that example…

Caryn. Please let me know what you think of that fanfic…I hope you like it as much as me,…
If our Lion theory is correct than I wonder what Carlisle’s and Jasper’s favorite hunt are,… with Emmett we know and I can get a clear image why they destroyed so many houses… but the other two men… hmmmm….
What are your plans for BD? Are you going to the premiere or midnight viewing? Or both?

Amy, I totally agree that, that image is indeed very valuable to the movie, it shouldn’t be removed…I agree also that there is absolutely nothing wrong with the wedding night activities… we are totally on the same page…

Suzan, did you listen to Q again? I did for a while but didn’t got through…it’s so annoying that it isn’t done during the day… it would make participating a lot easier.
There are pics of Kris arriving in LA so think the majority of shooting is done but it could be that they are doing an other round of shots later this year…
I saw that shop when I was in Leiden with you, we passed it on the way to the museum. I’ll have a look at the link later…but thanks for posting it.

Jaclyn, sometimes having your bf away can be nice, at least you get a chance to see what you like…Yes, normally my arm hurts like crazy for two days, yesterday at first it wasn’t that painful but this morning it was really bad. I just hope I won’t get sick. I just don’t have time to be sick…
Yes, we have the midnight viewing on Tuesday night…I probably will go again on Wednesday evening with some friends and my mom…

Sean, I’m afraid that Kris won’t be getting a break in a while… she is going straight from shooting into the promo tour… hopefully she will get a break over Christmas…

Well, I really have to do some work…
I’ll see you all tonight!!!

Edit: Oh yeah...some new gossip for us to get angry about.... (don't know why I even read it) Star magazin reports that Ashley has made her move for Rob during their tour through Europe... I really am laughing my socks off here...
These violent delights, have violent endings...Like fire and gunpowder, they consume what they kiss

Respect Team Robsten, Proud addict of the halfway house
Tornado
Member: LaPush Cliff Diving Team

Post by Tornado »

marielle - yes, I did. And, more importantly, so did my husband! It is possible for guys to show restraint in that area if they want to. I don't buy that "they're guys, it's the way they are wired" crap. it is a good thing to be able to exercise self control in every area of your life, regardless of whether you're male or female. And I'm so glad that we did. I truly believe it has made a difference to our relationship. But you are right in saying that there's no point in wallowing in regret if you didn't do it. I'm a firm believer that, although the past may have consequences, you still have the choice to get up every day and try and make sure you do things right, rather than just think, "well, I stuffed it up in the past, so what's the point?" In the words of Anne of Green Gables (in the mini-series, anyway!): every day is always fresh with no mistakes in it ... yet.
twilightsagaaddict
Has Caught Sight of Edward

Post by twilightsagaaddict »

HAPPY THURSDAY EVERYONE! (that is all 8-) )

laters!
Proud resident of Rob's Halfway House !!Image
Banner by TammyAZ
GOLDENGIRL59
Wandering Through Town

Post by GOLDENGIRL59 »

BREAKING NEWS :yahoo: --------- MR. and MRS Robward are less then 3 hours away from me and are at the LA Wax Museum getting "Immortalized" HHMMM They have the entire street, both ways blocked off Just for them. It's been over 30 years since I've been there but I suddenly have the need to go OH, SO CLOSE.... :swoon:
Just can't imagine Robs statue not melting he's just so HOT !!! JMHO
Well, gotta shower now. Hey get your minds out of the mud. I have a doctors appt Hee-Hee. Okay, maybe just a little muddy is okay. I'm also waiting for my little baby to arrive. I'm watching my friends super furry little shoot. Just got her for a few days but she loves me and always has to snuggle behind my back when I'm on the couch. FUN, FUN, FUN.

Be back later so you all just have a Belluv a Day !!!

***Count Down** 2 weeks 15 hours and 2 mins till BD :clap:

Banner by Tammy AZ
GOLDENGIRL59
Wandering Through Town

Post by GOLDENGIRL59 »

Okay, When you see where I'm watching my friends little "Shoot" I guesss it replaced the word for the type of dog and the name would be something other then "shoot". Careful editing I guess LOL! So it would be a "Shootzu" dog. Just looks so wierd the way the wording goes. So you can figure out from this what type of dog it is.
Just had to clear that one up (Laughing so hard at that one)

P.S. Thank You Mods for keeping it clean here :-)

Banner by Tammy AZ
older_twilight_fan
Lusting for Blood
Location: Somewhere in Louisiana, praying that Summit won't "fade to black" in Breaking Dawn

Post by older_twilight_fan »

Hello everyone~ I'm off work today and relaxing at home between errands (grocery store, Target, gas station, and getting a haircut this afternoon). We've got really windy and rainy weather here and it's a good day to be inside, especially when you've caught a cold.

I watched Twliight on DVD last night for the first time in a year or more. I know we've mentioned this recently, but I'm still realizing how the movie has such charm and appeal, in spite of the low budget, overwhelmingly bluish tint, and indie vibe. I guess I find myself a little more forgiving of the glitches and omissions and edits made to Twilight as time goes by, and I can appreciate it for being a pretty good adaptation of an amazing book. I can deal with the slightly laughable special effects (running), the butchering of the meadow scene (who knew it was located in the forest just behind Forks High School and Edward and Bella would randomly stumble upon it? :? ), and the lack of attention and detail given to the building up of the relationship and romance between Edward and Bella, prior to the the meadow scene). I can now fully appreciate Twilight for some of the gorgeous shots (I think I'm still one of the few fans who gets goosebumps and loves the panoramic shots of Edward and Bella high up in the trees); the selection and introduction of the mostly perfect cast; and especially for some of the mesmerizing scenes that still, even after three years, take my breath away :swoon: ....Edward and Bella's first kiss in her bedroom, Edward "saving" Bella at the ballet studio, Edward kissing Bella on the forehead in the hospital--"Where else am I gonna go?", and their dance to "Flightless Bird" at the prom.

Sandy~ Rob looks adorable in those pictures--even Dean looks very casually handsome in his suit. ;) I'm glad to hear you're feeling a bit better and enjoying your reread of the series. I also appreciate you sharing those amazing quotes from Twilight, as I've only had time to reread Eclipse (still not finished) and then tackle at least the first half of Breaking Dawn. I seem to have caught your cold :) although I'm mostly bothered by the alternating very runny/stuffy nose with some sinus pain, but it will probably turn into a frustrating and nagging cough, as my colds tend to do. Thanks for the Lexiversary wishes--and Robcrack. Whooping cough....really? I guess I'm naive enough to think that was mostly eradicated.

Lynne~ I like that philosophy that we start anew, everyday. It's very hopeful and can be applied to nearly every aspect of your life. I've found the discussion about movie ratings, our views of pre-marital sex, and talking about these issues with our children so interesting. It's one of the things I appreciate so much about the Halfway House and the Lexicon....we really share so much more than just our love for Twilight and a certain gorgeous British actor. :D

Suzan~ Enjoy your break from classes and exams--you deserve it! I wasn't fond of this new version of Eclipse (All Yours) either, and wonder why they couldn't have just used the original version. You asked about Kristen's filming schedule....I think Caryn mentioned that principal photography for SWaTH has probably wrapped, but they'll still have post-production and other stuff to complete. Thanks for the Lexiversary wishes and Robcrack.

Amy~ Sorry you've had such a crazy work week, but you're in the homestretch now. Thanks for sharing the pictures from your mini HH convention, and I'm glad all of you had such a good time. Are you reading anything in particular now, fanfic-wise?

Lulu~ I loved your family's Halloweeen costumes and thanks for sharing the pictures. Everyone looked amazing and you did a great job. I didn't know there was such a thing as a DVD player that can edit out certain "stuff", and that would be a nice idea with little ones in the house. Thanks for sharing your thoughts with us about those issues, and don't apologize for feeling "old-fashioned" (your words), or having differing views than some others. I think that's part of what makes this a very special place....that we can openly contribute different thoughts and ideas and viewpoints about certain subjects without feeling ridiculed or rejected. ;) I'm glad everyone had a good time at the mini-Halfway House convention, and enjoyed being all fangirly with others who understand what it's all about.

Mystics ocean~ Welcome to the Halfway House--we hope to see you around here again.

Marielle~ I'm sorry your arm hurts so much from the flu vaccine. My hands are just itching to hit the play button on all of those new BTS clips and TV spots too, but I'm holding out just like you are.....only a few more days, we can do it! :D I also hope Kristen has a break over the holidays and some time to spend with her family and Rob. What would be Carlisle's and Jasper's favorite animals to hunt.....very intriguing question. It's almost like trying to guess the patronuses for various Harry Potter characters.

Missp~ I'm glad to know you already have three or four BD viewings all lined up. I bought tickets to the 6:30 Friday night show with a few coworkers, but don't know when I'll get a chance to see it again because of the Thanksgiving holdays coming up. I hope to see it at least once or twice more in a quieter atmosphere where I can fully absorb all the details.

Caryn~ Enjoy your brief time away by catching up on a little fanfic. I can imagine you were pretty bummed when you realized you wouldn't be able to watch the WFE DVD, but you certainly made the best of it. I know what you mean about certain intense images bothering one child, but not the other. My eleven-year-old daughter had to cover her eyes and practically sit in my lap anytime Nagini was onscreen in Deathly Hallows, and she was more bothered by some of the more intense stuff in DH Parts 1 & 2; whereas her younger brother wasn't fazed in the slightest. Go figure....
I agree with you that Bill Condon does seem to have a good grasp on what moments in the series are most important and must be properly depicted onscreen. Once the series is finally over, it will be interesting to look back and characterize all five movies, taking into consideration the different directors. Not to simplify it too much, but it's almost like you could say Twilight was the independent film, New Moon had kind of the classic old movie/romance thing going on, Eclipse was the edgy, darker thriller (with a little bit of romance thrown in for good measure), and maybe Breaking Dawn will be thought of as the blockbuster romance/action epic movie?

Jaclyn~ I hope you enjoyed a little time to yourself while your bf was away, catching up on some favorite TV and fanfiction. I loved Pros and Cons too, and I like Sydney Alice's characterizations of Bella and Edward in all of her stories--probably one of my favorite all human fanfic authors out there just now. I'm also keeping up with The Introduction to Swirl and Daisy and enjoy the Harry Potter references--it just takes quite awhile for the author to update.

Christina~ We certainly can't blame you for choosing a little Robkowski over us.....you can post here any old time. 8-) Have a great time at your wine tasting party and we look forward to hearing about it when you have a chance to check in with us.

Sean~ Thanks for the tip about Kristen's Leno appearance. I guess I need to post a list of all these upcoming appearance and set the DVR ASAP. I emphathize with Kristen as my minivan can sometimes look like we've been living it it....especially if the kids have left water bottles, snack wrappers, socks :shock: , shoes, etc. in it as they're transported to/from after school activities.

Joyce~ So close....yet so far. Do you think if you got in your car it might just drive you to Grauman's Chinese Theater today for their ceremony? Hope your doctor's appointment goes well, and enjoy taking care of your friend's puppy. I always love your infectious energy--have a great day yourself! :D
Last edited by older_twilight_fan on Thu Nov 03, 2011 5:12 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Banner by TammyAZ