Rob's Halfway House - #9

Off-Topic Forum for things having nothing to do with Twilight or the entertainment industry

Moderators: bac, cullengirl, una, Nena

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
SweetImpakt
Finding a Nice Guy for Angela

Re: Rob's Halfway House - #9

Post by SweetImpakt »

Hiya everyone!

So as some of you already know, I went to the Bel Ami screaning on Jan 3rd here in Belgium! There are lots of detailed reviews out there so I'm not going to write a detailed review. Also, I don't know enough about movies to give a detailed and objective review. I can't be objective when it's a movie with Rob.So I'll just give you some impressions about the movie.
First of all, I haven't read the book, so i have no idea how close the movie was to the book. I heard some different opinions on this. Some say it stayed pretty close to the book, others say that it's best you haven't read the book because you will be disappointed then. For me, it was kinda difficult to keep up with the story. There were quite a few things I didn't really understand. It felt like they cut out some of the scenes or something. This is also my main complaint about the movie. I don't quite agree with people saying it's oscar worthy and stuff. i enjoyed the movie, but it definitely wasn't the best movie i've ever seen.
Then about Rob, I think he absolutely nailed the part. he was very good, very believable and convincing. i absolutely believed it. When he was angry and throwing people around and stuff, he was so awesome. So good. I loved Christina Ricci and the other actors. I feel they all did a great job. Oh and I have to say, I quite enjoyed Rob's naked bum and I did not expect that at all.
Both my mom and my aunt went with me. My mom said she enjoyed it, but it could have been better. And my aunt didn't like it very much, but then again I think she just doesn't like period movies much.

Now I gotta go back to work ladies!

Shauni

[ Post made via Mobile Device ]

“Being deeply loved by someone gives you strength, while loving someone deeply gives you courage.”
Tornado
Member: LaPush Cliff Diving Team

Post by Tornado »

Sean - okay, I'll steer clear of Jersey Shore. It's good that you got in contact with that guy who wrote the book. You'll have to think up some other great questions to ask him!

Raine - of course you chose Edward! ;) I hope your mother had fun on her birthday.

Shauni - thanks for that mini-review. I'm still uncertain as to whether I'll see Bel Ami or not. I might wait until it comes out on DVD.

Well, I went out with some old school friends last night. I've only just got back in contact with one of them in the past year after not seeing them for over twenty years! It was her birthday, so we went out to celebrate. We went to a place called the Pancake Manor. Boy, was it yummy! She and my other school friend are incredible talkers. I hardly got a word in all night!
Anyway, we stayed until about 11.15 pm, and then my other school friend, who I was dropping home, and I went to get my car, which we'd left in a secure car park. Well, guess what - they closed at 10.00 pm! I started hyperventilating, and my friend tried to keep me calm. Eventually, while we were trying to get the car park ticket to work in a slot thing near the gate, a voice squeaked on a speaker beside us and let us into the building. But the elevators inside wouldn't go down to the car park at that time of night. We tried to take the fire stairs (all the other doors were locked) but once we were in there and the door closed behind us, we couldn't open them again! Only the one on the ground floor would open, so we were back outside the gate again! Eventually, we found a security guard who made the elevator work for us, and fortunately they did not charge us a late fee. I paid the normal fee and then, when we got to the exit gate in the car, the ticket wouldn't work! So we had to go back on the intercom and get them to let us out. I didn't get home until 12.30 am and I am absolutely exhausted this morning.
My son woke us up at 6.00 am, as usual, and I can't even ask my hubby to look after him while I sleep, as he decided to wait up for me last night. While it was nice to come home to a house with the lights on, I do wish he'd gone to bed earlier so that I could have an excuse to go to bed and leave Little Man to him!
Chernaudi
Tantalizing Men With Rosalie

Post by Chernaudi »

Hi everyone :)

Why so quiet? Right now, I plan on catching some cooking shows and reading tonight. I'm anticipating a few things with my groceries tomorrow, namely some pizza sauce and pepperoni for some bagels that I want to finish off, and some actual little cheap pizzas.

And Fallen One has posted some photos taken a few months ago at their Facebook page.

And that's basically all I have for now.

I'll be back later :)
Audi, Twilight, Cher, Pink Floyd, symphonic/progressive rock, KStew, RP, Bio-Booster Armor Guyver-what's not to like

Team Renesmee, Team Bella, Team Edward.

Fan fic stories: http://www.fanfiction.net/u/2192109/
missp
Teaching Nessie all she needs to know
Location: Missing my HH SISTERS but loving all the great memories from HH CON 2012!

Post by missp »

Hi, HH Family!! Happy Saturday! This will be a MEGA-mega post today because I am going to re-post the HH CON 2012 info we’ve gotten decided on so far. So, after my replies to all your posts, look for the HH Con stuff. I am needing info from Y’all, so help me out. :D

LYNNE~~ The fishing is tedious at best! LOL! I am so not in the mood for putting up with game-playing men. Thankfully, once I call them on it, they tend to disappear rather quickly! Hee hee! Wow! What an interesting outing you and your friends had last night! I hope you rest up today!
SEAN~~ I’m sorry to hear that your brother has been feeling sick lately. I hope he feels better soon.
RAINE~~ I need to change my sleeping patterns in general! I stay up too late and get up too early. I am always exhausted! Enjoy your day with your Mom!! Have you still not been able to see BD1?
SHAUNI~~ Thanks so much for the review of Bel Ami. Hmmm… naked bum you say???? That just sealed the fact that I WILL be seeing it in the theater! LOL!
TO ALL YOU OTHER BEAUTIFUL SISTERS~~ I hope you all have a great weekend! (((HUGS!)))

Ok… on to the HH CON 2012:
WHEN: June 21-24, 2012 (Check in after 4pm on 21st; check out before 4pm on 24th) Con Activities will take place on the 22nd and 23rd. Those will be decided on in the coming weeks with all of your input, hopefully!
WHERE: CHICAGO Residence Inn Downtown/Magnificent Mile
ROOM INFO: We have 6 rooms reserved right now in my name.
The HH HUB is a 2BR 1Bath Suite with 1king, 1queen, 1sofabed, and the option of 1 -2 roll aways at $20/night. My idea is to put 4 people in this room with only 1 roll away. The cost of this room would be $98/night per person. I am the hostess of this room and it will also serve as the hospitality room for us during our HH Con. We will have it stocked with snackies, drinks, etc. We will also gather here nightly to indulge in ROBWARD watching! LOL!
The other 5 rooms are 1BR 1Bath 2room suites with 1king, 1sofabed, and the option of 1-2 roll aways at $20/night. My idea is to put 3 people to a room with only 1 roll away per room because they are not a guaranteed availability. The cost of this room would be $100/night per person. Susie, Sandy, and Caryn have each agreed to host one room. If our numbers run high enough, we may need hostesses for the other two rooms. If our numbers are lower than the rooms we have reserved, MARIELLE, you and your honey-pie may want to take one of the extra rooms. ;)
Each room has a fully equipped kitchen. The hotel has a free breakfast buffet and free WiFi.
Chicago MidWay Airport is 16 miles from the hotel. The taxi will cost you $25. The Airport Express will cost you $22.
Chicago’s O’Hare Airport is 18 miles from the hotel. The taxi will cost $35. Airport Express will cost $27.

As of around September, this is the list of YES’s I have received. Please let me know if it has changed. Tonise, Susie, Ann Marie, Amy, Joyce, Sandy, Ginnie, Christina, Marielle, and Ashley.

Here is the list of MAYBE’s. Please let me know if any of you have become a yes! Caryn, Jennifer H., Desiree, Suzanne, Lulu, Raine, Chrissy, Tracy, Trine, and Jaclyn

Here is the list of NO’s. Please let me know if any of you have become a yes! Paula, Shauni, Jade, and Karena.
For anyone NOT on a list… please let me know which list to put you on so we can get our numbers straight ASAP.
Chernaudi
Tantalizing Men With Rosalie

Post by Chernaudi »

Tonise: Sorry, but I definitely can't go. I can't afford it, even if I had a job now, I hate plane trips, and I don't know how I'd do in a long car ride. So, if it makes it any easier, put me on the "no" list. Sorry, but I can't make it for various reasons. Sorry :(
Audi, Twilight, Cher, Pink Floyd, symphonic/progressive rock, KStew, RP, Bio-Booster Armor Guyver-what's not to like

Team Renesmee, Team Bella, Team Edward.

Fan fic stories: http://www.fanfiction.net/u/2192109/
Tornado

Post by Tornado »

Sean - enjoy your reading!

Tonise - rats! I hope the fishing gets better!

Please promise me, you who are going to HH Con, that you will skype me while you are there!
♥midnight_sun♥
Riding in the Rabbit

Post by ♥midnight_sun♥ »

:shock: I completely forgot how busy this place can get - especially on the weekends. Phew! Three pages since my little 'hello, I'm back' post. Not much going on with me right now though - very relaxed and lazy here now that the holidays are over. Although I did get around to painting the back panel of my bookshelf that takes up the entire wall at the end of our hallway. Its a huge black that almost touches the ceiling too so a coat of a light sea blue really brightened it up!

Caryn~Hiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii!!!! *tacklesmoosh* I missed you! And I totally got your card for Halloween last year (I think it was Halloween anyway. Or Thanksgiving. Or something like that.), but I just never got a chance to hop on here and let you know that until now. Also, what is this I hear about a trip?

Lynne, Marielle~ :wave:

Susie~ Hi! I'm glad HH Con is still a go! I'm looking forward to it, although I won't have a 100% positive answer if I can go or not for another day or two. That really sucks about Sonny Boy's bike and the bag. How exactly was it stolen? Do they leave them locked up outside or did the thieves actually have to break into his dorm to get it?

Songbird~Hi and welcome to the HH! I'm Ashley, and don't worry about needing to use the cheat sheet. I've been on here before the mods gave us the HH thread and kicked our butts over to it, and I still have to use the cheat sheet sometimes!

Tonise~Woohoo! I was just worried since I hadn't heard anything on the fb page in a while about HH Con. I knew I shouldn't have worried. ;) As I told Susie, right now I'm iffy on if I can still go or not because I had to quit my job with the local paper because of allergies after only a couple months, and nothing knew has come up yet. But I've got some money squirreled away. I've just got to see if I can use part of it - since technically I'm not supposed to be able to use it until after my birthday this year - so that I can still go. I promise to have you a definite yes or no answer by next Wednesday! Also, thanks for reposting all the HH Con info. I misplaced where I'd originally wrote it all down, and needed it again so I can figure out approximately how much of my money I'll need if I'm allowed to use it.

Jaclyn~Woah! Only 99 days left?! Are you more excited or nervous at this point? I remember with my mom's first marriage she was a complete mess. Made me practice my flower girl routine one or two times a week until the wedding!

Everyone that I don't know/don't know me ~ *stands up and waves* Hi. I'm Ashley. I've been on this thing for way too long - I think the only one from the HH who's been on here longer and still posts is Caryn. Umm...RL sucks at times for me, so I tend to kinda disappear for short to long periods of time when that happens until RL calms down again, and then I'm right back here. If you've ever seen or posted on the fanfiction thread, that's my doing. I made a petition for a thread to discuss Wide Awake when it was mega popular, and we got the ff thread. It's my baby and I'm very proud of it, as I see it as my little long-term contribution to this site. I'm most likely going to HH Con this year - although it's not a definite yes yet - and I hope to meet a bunch of you there. My birthday is 28 April, I have this slightly strange fascination with the UK, and I've also pretty much always been the youngest on the HH, but most never realize that. ;) *sits back down in my little corner*
Last edited by ♥midnight_sun♥ on Sun Jan 08, 2012 3:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
Fan Fiction Addict•The Halfway House and Brute Squad Member•Banner/Signature OCD
Team Edward•JazzGirl's Official MiniMe•Cullenist•Keeper of the Names•Hatter Obsessed
smitten_by_twilight
Hiding Lauren's Hair Dye

Post by smitten_by_twilight »

Wow, lots going on. I'm not caught up - I will! - but I had an awesome RL tonight and wanted to share it with my peeps. (That's you!)

So my son and his best friend have birthdays 4 days apart, and after celebrating separately for 2 or 3 years, this weekend they combined their birthdays - they have pretty much the same friends anyway. This means that after his friend's skate party, we had 6 13-ish yr old boys over at our house for a sleepover! Really crazy, I know. We were planning for hubby boy to take them to a movie after dinner, male bonding, etc, but they ended up choosing Real Steel and that's more up my alley than hubby's, so he had me take them. Here's my RL experience - I had a BLAST. I haven't really done the mom van thing in a while, so toting around a bunch of preteens/young teens was new to me. They're nice boys who want to be nice boys and be cool and have fun together, and we had no problems, and as much as I enjoyed the movie (Hugh Jackman! :swoon: and the BD1 trailer again! :swoon: :swoon: ), I really, really enjoyed being a big part of my son's life while I still can. This is kind of the last stage before he starts driving himself and I may go days with hardly seeing him, and I haven't enjoyed myself so much in the moment in a long time. I was moved to tears. I'm so happy tonight!

That's it. No big drama, just a really happy inner moment. Thanks for letting me share! I'll catch up and post replies another day.
My FanFiction Page ~ Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery
Proud Halfway House Cousin Sister! - Team Alice Celebrity Chef - Seeing the future since 1901
Tornado

Post by Tornado »

Hi there, Ashley!

Brenda - wow, you're brave taking on six 13 year olds! That's a lot of fun! Yeah, Hugh Jackman's not bad, is he? I understand he's a really nice guy, too.
Songbird
Helping Mike to Get a Clue

Post by Songbird »

Sean, that's so great that you got a reply from that guy. Did you ask something specific that he responded to, or was it just a general reply? Good luck with the girl you are writing to. If nothing else, it's nice to keep in contact with someone you've known for a while. And thanks for the advice about Jersey Shore. I don't watch much TV anyway, so I think I'll be able to avoid it pretty easily.

Raine, happy birthday to your mom! Do you live far away from her? My daughter seems to be doing much better now, thanks! She hasn't woken up in the night in 4 days now, and she says the "tickling" is gone. So the meds apparently worked! I hope you get your schedule back on track. I love the staying up late and sleeping in routine, but it's always hard to get back to reality.

Shauni, thanks for the review of Bel Ami...I wonder if it will come out on DVD here. It doesn't really look like my kind of movie, but Rob did look brilliant in the trailer. I'm Susan, by the way. I'm new here and I am loving it.

Lynne, I would have freaked out. It's nice that you at least had someone with you so you didn't have to go through that alone. And I'm glad you were able to get out!!! How sweet that your hubs waited up for you, but yeah, it would have been nice to sleep in after that ordeal. My hubby and I always take turns sleeping in on weekends...maybe next time you are going out, you could arrange it ahead of time?

Tonise, HH con sounds like it will be so much fun! I hope you all have a great time! Wish I could go!

Ashley, Hi, nice to meet you! I'm Songbird/Susan and I live in the Netherlands, though I'm from the U.S. I have 2 munchkins to keep me busy when I'm not reading, crafting, baking, working, etc.

Brenda, Happy birthday to your son! How exciting, and yet a bit sad to think about how fast it goes. My best friend's daughter just turned 15...I haven't seen her since she was 3 and now she's already old enough to learn to drive. I'm glad you got to spend the time with your son and really enjoy it. Did everyone survive the ensuing sleepover?

Everyone~There is absolutely nothing new here...I finished reading my series of Nora Roberts books last night and need to figure out what to read in the next day. We're taking the kids to a play gym today as it's the last day of vacation and they go back to school tomorrow....so I HAVE to have something to do while they are playing, but I don't want to start a huge book because my friend is sending me her book to edit and it should get here probably tomorrow and I want to start reading it right away. So I need something short and simple...or maybe I'll take my beads and work on some jewelry. Decisions, decisions...
Signature artwork by TammyAZ