Rob's Halfway House - #9

Off-Topic Forum for things having nothing to do with Twilight or the entertainment industry

Moderators: bac, cullengirl, una, Nena

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
Chernaudi
Tantalizing Men With Rosalie

Re: Rob's Halfway House - #9 **OPEN FOR SPOILERS**

Post by Chernaudi »

Lynne: That seems to be what DVDs are for now. But then again, we know the games that Summit has played in the past with the DVD deal.

Everyone: I don't know what I'll be doing tonight. The NASCAR race is under a rain delay, and I don't know, aside from the motorracing shows that I watch normally on Sunday nights, what I'll watch on TV. Who knows--maybe if I get bored, I might watch Twilight on FX if it's on or whatever. I do have to get up early tomorrow, because I have to get my ID renewed, so I'll probably be going to bed early.

EDIT: To keep up with Marielle's proposed KSS, I present this :)

I'll be back later:)
Audi, Twilight, Cher, Pink Floyd, symphonic/progressive rock, KStew, RP, Bio-Booster Armor Guyver-what's not to like

Team Renesmee, Team Bella, Team Edward.

Fan fic stories: http://www.fanfiction.net/u/2192109/
Tornado
Member: LaPush Cliff Diving Team

Post by Tornado »

Sean - yes it does. I don't have a problem with that, so long as we get to see ALL THE SCENES and they don't hold any over for later releases, so that we have to buy the movie twice. That's where I get really mad.
Chernaudi
Tantalizing Men With Rosalie

Post by Chernaudi »

Caryn: I hope that you're having a good night in Indy tonight, because Indy's own Tony Stewart just won at Homestead, and by winning, won his third NASCAR Sprint Cup Championship on a tie breaker with Carl Edwards. Basically, if Carl or Tony won, they won the title, and Tony, having 5 wins vs Carl's 1, won the title after they tied on points.

That's the first time that NASCAR's top division ended a season on a points tie, and I can't remember the winner of the final race winning the championship ever in that series, too.
Audi, Twilight, Cher, Pink Floyd, symphonic/progressive rock, KStew, RP, Bio-Booster Armor Guyver-what's not to like

Team Renesmee, Team Bella, Team Edward.

Fan fic stories: http://www.fanfiction.net/u/2192109/
missp
Teaching Nessie all she needs to know
Location: Missing my HH SISTERS but loving all the great memories from HH CON 2012!

Post by missp »

Hi, Siblings!! I saw BD1 for the 4th time today! I'm a little :cry: that the weekend is over and I have to wait a whole week to see it again!

I WAS WRONG!!! Turning Page IS the song they are playing during Bella's walk down the aisle! Thousand Years isn't heard until the credits. So... there it is... my one mistake allowed for the year! :lol: I'll tell you... Thousand Years is my favorite song on the ST, but Turning Page and Requiem on Water are quickly taking a close tie for first place, too. The instrumental version of Turning Page is actually more beautiful than the version with vocals. Watching Bella walk down the aisle to this has made me cry every single time! Then, watching her realize the miracle of the "little nudger" growing inside her AND the horror of the fact that Edward doesn't share her joy while the haunting melody and lyrics of Requiem on Water plays in the background really gets me! I just think the music for this film... soundtrack and score are perfect!

*Sigh!* Time to bring it back to reality for a couple of days of school this week. Wednesday will begin our Thanksgiving break. Maybe I'll fit a 4th viewing in that day! ;)
older_twilight_fan
Lusting for Blood
Location: Somewhere in Louisiana, praying that Summit won't "fade to black" in Breaking Dawn

Post by older_twilight_fan »

Hello everyone~ I hope you enjoyed your weekends. I finally saw Breaking Dawn Part 1 Friday night and was pretty thrilled with it. I'm such a dork that I took notes when I came home after the movie, as I knew I wouldn't have a chance to post them somewhat coherently until later in the weekend because my in-laws were visiting and I had to work today. Is it bad that while my mother-in-law and I ambled around a local holiday craft fair Saturday afternoon, my mind kept straying to thoughts of Edward and Bella on Isle Esme.....and that dang headboard scene? 8-) I'm sure my MIL wondered why I kept having this goofy grin plastered on my face as we walked around together....it certainly wasn't because of the crafts on display. :D

I hope no one feels obligated to read this gigantic megapost with my reaction to BD Part 1, but I have this slightly obsessive compulsion to get these thoughts down in written form, as I guess it helps me to process everything that's going on in my mind about this movie. :confused:

Total Spoilerage for Breaking Dawn Part I.....from here to the end:

~I liked how the movie opened with everyone's reactions to the wedding invitations as we knew it would....only with no sign of “It Will Rain”, which I wouldn't have been completely surprised to hear while Jacob phased in the rain after leaving Billy's.

~I was surprised by the lighter and comedic touch given to so many of the early movie scenes, but it was nice to balance out the heavier and more emotional material in the second half. I loved seeing Bella's relationship with the rest of the Cullens, something that's been a little overlooked in previous movies. Bella struggling to walk in those four-inch stilletos, the Cullens carrying tree trunks into the backyard, and Alice directing all the activities with aplomb, as only Alice can.....priceless. :D

~I liked the sweet scene and kisses shared by Bella and Edward in her bedroom the night before the wedding. While it was cool seeing the flashback of a red-eyed and very handsomely dressed Edward, it seemed a little out of place here, and slightly odd that Edward wouldn't have reviewed this info with Bella previously. Didn't he briefly mention something about this part of his past to Bella, way back in Twilight when they were just getting to know one another? I'm so glad they kept the bachelor party scene in with some of the lines from the book, almost verbatim-- “I've been waiting a century to marry you, Miss Swan,” "Go....before they break my house,” “I'll meet you at the altar,” “I'll be the one in white”. I also loved seeing a carefree Edward goofing around happily with Emmett and Jasper—great moment.

~The wedding was gorgeous.....there are no words. I loved the gradual reveal of the dress and am so glad Summit kept that one tightly under wraps. Kristen looked absolutely beautiful in it, and I bet Rob wasn't merely acting when he saw Krisella for the first time and that beautiful smile broke out on his face. ;) Their kiss was amazing and pretty epic, and I felt as if I was intruding on a very private moment between the two of them, which I think was the intention. I thought Kristen pulled off the nervous and jittery bride so well with her near panic attack, and I became a little teary-eyed watching Bella getting ready, watching her walk down the aisle with Charlie, and especially watching her when she first saw Edward waiting for her at the altar. The toasts were lighthearted and funny, and Edward's was amazingly sweet. I'm not really sure why Jessica would have been making a toast in the first place as she's just a wedding guest, but I guess Jessica is the type of character who would wrangle the microphone out of anyone's hands just to get herself center stage. :roll: I loved hearing bits of “Flightless Bird” and “Turning Page” during the wedding scenes. The Jacob/Bella goodbye scene was well acted and it wasn't quite as difficult to watch as I thought it would be, although I was glad we didn't have to hear “It Will Rain” at this point in the movie, either. I nearly lost it when Bella said goodbye to her parents, and remembered why Billy Burke steals every scene he's in.

~The honeymoon was just about everything I was hoping for, considering they were sort of flying blind after Stephenie's fade to black in the book. Thank you to Bill Condon for adding those brief scenes from the street festival in Brazil that weren't in the book. I loved seeing Edward cradling a tired Bella in the cab, and watching him watch her as she was intrigued by the fun and frivolity going on around them, and then stopping the driver so they could enjoy the festivities. And Robward speaking Portugese.......Rawwwwrrrrr! I especially loved seeing Edward and Bella get caught up in the moment as they walked through the streets—very sweet, with a steamy hint of things to come. It was such a joy to see Edward and Bella laughing and having fun together—looking so carefree and happy. We'd seen the wedding night clip so many times already, but I thought Rob and Kris did a great job portraying the nervousness, anxiety, tentativeness, and longing between a new bride and her husband on their wedding night. While I wouldn't mind seeing a “director's cut” if there ever is one, I thought the actual love scenes we were presented with were just enough for PG-13, and were very tastefully done and highlighted the emotion, intensity, and love shared by these two at this very pivotal point. I loved that when Edward broke the headboard in an attempt to channel his strength, Bella helped him to focus on her and remain centered, and with her in that important moment. I think she said, “It's okay,” and helped him focus on her face, and I just loved the simplicity of that touching scene. The only quibble I have is that I wished Edward would have been by Bella's side the moment she woke up the next morning, as he was in the book. I thought Bella's flashback to the previous night was an ingenious way to see the love scenes a little more indepth, and to see those sweet and sexy scenes through Bella's eyes, and her reaction to them.

~Regarding the pregnancy.....kudos to Kristen for her performance, and to the make-up and CGI people for making her look so emaciated and frighteningly ill. It was almost difficult to look at her onscreen, and everyone played off that very well. I'm glad they left out Edward's offer for Jake's “stud services” from the movie, as I was never a big fan of that in the book, but I wouldn't have minded seeing a little more Rosalie/Jacob snark and sarcastic barbs at this point. I liked Seth and Leah and their little wolf pack with Jacob even more than I thought I would, and Boo Boo is just a cutie and kind of a scene-stealer, in his own right. ;) I too thought the extra wolf scene on the beach was necessary to help explain the wolf pack dynamics, and to remind and prepare fans for imprinting. I noticed they briefly showed Quil interacting with a toddler Claire on the beach, although non-book readers wouldn't have given that a second thought. I wasn't too crazy about the Cullen/wolf fighting scenes, but knew we were getting these to ramp up the action a little bit in the same way we got an actual “fight” in Volterra in New Moon, and will probably have some version of a fight in BD Part 2 (whether a real fight or part of one of Alice's visions, who knows?). The voiceovers with the wolves turned out slightly cheesy and a little annoying in my opinion, although I can't think of a better way you could portray that and get the point across of Jacob breaking away from the wolf pack. I was thankful that most of the interactions afterwards were done in their human form.

~I was somewhat prepared for the scene where an OOC Edward yelled at Bella, thanks to some of your hints and comments on the HH thread. I wasn't too bothered by it, as I think Edward was so desperate and scared of losing Bella that he had finally reached his breaking point....and it's almost as if he were showing signs of his humanity. I wouldn't have minded the yelling so much if Edward hadn't walked away from Bella and left her all alone on the exam table afterwards. Edward sort of made up for his behavior with the wonderfully intimate and sweet scene shared with Bella when he first heard Renesmee's voice. Rob and Kris both knocked it out of the park during this scene, and nearly brought me to tears, again.

~The birth scene was horrific, gripping, frightening, and well acted by all three principal performers, and was pretty darn realistic....as realistic as a vamp/human/possibly mutant baby birth scene can be. :shock: Watching Edward plunge that huge hypodermic needle into Bella's chest afterwards was pretty crazy. I kept waiting for it....and was relieved to finally see him meticulously and carefully bite Bella at her wrists (and ankles?), to give his venom every possible chance to work. Edward's desperation as he continually whispered to her and worked over her body and Jacob's obvious despair after he thought Bella was dead brought me to tears, again. I need to see the movie a second time, but I was a little unclear if Edward knew for certain whether or not his venom was working when he went outside to fight the wolves with his family.

~I thought the imprinting scene came across about as well as it could have, and was impressed by Taylor's acting here. I too liked the way they showed a future Renesmee at different stages of her life to foreshadow how Jacob would be whatever she needed him to be, at every stage, and this made the whole imprinting on a baby thing a little more palatable to me than it was in the book. I loved the cinematic treatment of Bella's transformation.....from the very CSI-like shots of Edward's venom speeding through her veins, to the flashback sequences showing so many important scenes from the three previous movies, and finally finishing with an infant Bella being held and loved by a young Charlie and Renee :( ....a couple more tears shed by me. The way they showed Bella's outward physical body responding to the effects of the transformation was pretty amazing, all the way to her red eyes opening just before the credits rolled. One thing is for sure.....Kristen is going to be one kick@$$, beautiful vampire. And the brief scene with the Volturi was somewhat comical and a bit scary, but what a great way to set up Breaking Dawn Part 2. Everyone I watched the movie with said we were ready to see Part 2, now!

I can't wait to see the movie again in a quieter atmosphere where I can fully take in and absorb so much more, now that I'm no longer waiting to see which scenes made the movie and which are lying on the cutting room floor. Overall, I was very pleased with the movie and so happy with the great performances as every actor truly stepped up their game. I think the material from this rather complicated and convoluted book was adapted about as well as could be expected, and I loved seeing many lines and canon bits from the book intact in the movie. I'm so thrilled with how this movie finally showcased much of the love and romance that are so integral to Edward and Bella, and that had been somewhat lacking at times in previous movies, in my opinion. It was so much fun to see Edward and Bella looking happy and carefree, and I'm thankful the book was adapted into two movies or we wouldn't have been given many of these glorious moments from their wedding and honeymoon. It was funny.....the moment Bella hit the fridge on Isle Esme to fry up some chicken, I told my friend, "Oh well.....it was fun while it lasted." :lol:

I hope to check back in later tonight or tomorrow night to respond to your posts the past couple of days. Have a great night!
Banner by TammyAZ
lulu
Teaching Eric Social Graces

Post by lulu »

hello! i’m just loving all these movie reviews! i just gotta throw in a little boasting of hubs for a sec. he picked up tennis again about a year and a half ago (he played a year in high school). a few months ago he joined a men’s singles league. he ended up ranking #2. the guy who held #1 had won the championship for 2 years. well hubs played him for the title on saturday during the tournament and he won! it was a very long and close game, but he pulled through on top because of his incredible speed, his skill and patience, and his determination to get to every ball he can. the other guy kept saying things like, “how many times do i have to hit the ball before i finally beat you!?” lol, it was funny. hubs is just quick and kept digging these plays up that should’ve been over. oh! and the opponent would yell out loud when he would mess up, “come on doug! don’t watch, play!” and babyboy (who is almost 15 months now) would totally echo him! hahahaaa, it was sooo cute! he would just yell out over and over. oh man, i had to shush him up fast but i got a little of it on video. so funny!

movie:
i thought i’d share a few pics of us at the midnight showing! the incredible line, all the sold out showings, hubs and i waiting for the movie to start, proof of the time and date, the movie starting! aw, it was so much fun. i love going to midnight showings! the excitement is palpable!

anyway, moving on to review type stuff... another thing i was thinking about. remember when bella tells jacob “it just feels complete with you here” and the camera flashes over to edward for his reaction (queue small heart break for him!), and he’s obviously hurt. well it just left it at that. i’m think they’ll address in BD2 when jacob tells her, ‘remember the pull we had? it was all her’ type of thing. i’m just looking forward to edward feeling the relief over that!
i agree with you all, the spine breaking was totally crazy! it just makes you gasp! and i think by showing bella at her complete worst was a great way to emphasize the vampire change. it did make her look un-humanly beautiful. :) dang, i’m so excited for the next one!
tracy got me thinking and remembering. i also wished there were more bruises on bella. i know it’s morbid but i imagined many more and much darker. oh well, not a big deal.

soundtrack:
i forgot to mention “cold” when i spoke of the music from the soundtrack. i think it’s absolutely incredible! musically, it’s totally up my alley. it’s sort of like the kind of stuff i like to make up when i play the piano (obviously i can only dream of being that good—and i never add lyrics, only instrumental—well except for a lullaby i wrote for my baby once). anyway, all those triplets or is it a 6/8 time signature? then it changes to something else... oh man, it’s just gorgeous. totally pricks my musical ear and makes it very happy. despite the melancholy of it. well, actually because of the melancholiness. :) um, yeah i made up that word.

dovrebanen (trine right?)—thank you!! you’re right and i love that explanation/point of view. i was writing from my memory and i did see the midnight showing, so i was a little fuzzy-tired. i bet i’ll see it that way when i watch it again. i kind of can’t remember all the scenes i saw! i’m hoping when i see it again i’ll see that there are a lot more smiles and happiness at the wedding that i forgot. (p.s. i loved your long post! i agreed with everything you said. )

raine—hi! it’s fun chatting with you again! i looked up requiem on water, yes, i love that one too! so beautiful. just chill and comfy.

susie—your first snow sounds beautiful. :) i’m sorry about your knees though. i can already tell aging is not really fun when it comes to the body, and i’m still 29!

lynne—i’m pretty sure all those cut scenes will be on the dvd. ooo, i can’t wait for that!

sean—wow, that is a great shot of kristen. beautiful.

tracy—hahaaaa, your description of your saturday with your MIL was so funny! i think we’ve all been thinking about all these scenes for hours and days. i loved your megapost!! here’s my responses to it: yes, i loved seeing the cullen scenes too. i especially liked seeing emmett and jasper jumping up to her window. that was cute. yes, the edward flashback was out of place. it’s true, he would’ve told her a long time ago. i think they threw that in for those who wanted a little edward backstory though. it didn’t bother me too much. and i liked seeing red-eyed-eddie. :) a couple of weddings i’ve shot open the mic up during the reception to hear from family and friends. it seemed like one of those things i guess. i loved edward’s reaction to jessica though. it looked so real! almost like rob wasn’t expecting it and reacted naturally. it was perfect. :) gosh, i love billy burke as charlie. he has made so much of these movies amazing. yeah, he sounded beautiful in portuguese! even had a lovely accent—must be his musical ear. oookay. that was a flashback? i was actually really confused. it looked like she woke up (feathers and destruction everywhere) and then suddenly they were making love again and then later is when they found the bruises and i was really confused. so you’re saying that next sequence is her remembering the night before? that would make so much more sense. yes, i thought that wolf pack scene was silly too, but i came to the same conclusion: there really was no other way to do it. so oh well. i remember turning to hubs after that was over and saying, “well that was different”. also, hubs said on our way home, ‘i’m glad that fought. i would’ve been so annoyed if they just ran up there and growled at them.’ haha, so there you have a man’s point of view. i actually kind of liked it too. it just worked for me. i wouldn’t have changed it in the book though. i see what you’re saying about the edward yelling scene. i do remember thinking bella seemed awfully alone during the pregnancy. more so than in the book. that was sad to me—that she seemed like she was shouldering this alone. i agree about the bella dying scene too. i think if they gave more of an audible thumping of her very slow heart that would’ve been right to do. the audience needed to see more that she was still alive and the venom was spreading because edward wouldn’t have left her without obvious progression—well i suppose it was absolutely essential since it was life or death for bella if he didn’t protect her...anyway. same here! as soon as it was over i said, “i wanna see the next one nooooow!!”

well goodnight you guys. i think i’m going to the zoo tomorrow with babyboy, hubs and my friend and her little matching family. it should be fun. :)
marielle
Cliff Diving with Embry

Post by marielle »

Good morning everybody…

I’m sorry I wasn’t here yesterday, I have been lurking but was very busy with finishing up a chapter of my fanfic…

I feel kind of itchy to get back to the cinema, I really want to see it again, and again and again…but jet again I’m stuck at my work…

I’m going to try and catch up with you all…

Tonise, Yeah, Edward did say that, I still hear it ringing in my ears, ‘please, please. Please, come back to me, baby, please” … it’s bringing me down to a shivering pile of sadness every time I think of it…

Jaclyn, I know there are stories going around about the release of a director’s cut for this one but I think we will have to wait after the release of BD2 for that, if we ever get it…I know that they had to cut out quite a bit to get it pg-13 approved…

NewJen, I agree with you that the flashback didn’t work… it wasn’t build up properly… they should have kept it with a flash back of Carlisle telling the story about the immortal children and the dream that follows…

Sean, yeah, it might be better if you got medics with you when you see BD…

Lulu, I agree that Bella show have had the relieved happy smile when she saw Edward at the altar but I totally get why it didn’t work out that way…and I agree that it wasn’t the best way to show her so happy with Jacob… now I think of it, I only saw Bella laughing twice during the wedding, during the speeches and when they left the house…

Raine, most big movies stay in cinema’s for at least 4 weeks. Harry Potter stopped showing the moment the dvd was released. So I’m expecting BD to be there for an other 2 weeks at the least…

Susie, ewww… you got snow as well…yuck… we’ve got mist and lots of it… I always love mist, though it’s very cold but it kind of gives off that mystical vibe, like when you walk through it at the other side you enter a fantasy world or something…
You really need to take care of your knees! Be careful with that snow…
I love your comment on FB…. A cinema ticket is cheaper than a trip to the mental health clinic, sadly that one doesn’t count in Holland… the clinic will be paid by insurances when it is really needed…

Lulu, I love your pics but I’m surprised that you were allowed to have a phone/camera on so long… with our viewings the guards were very itchy to tell you not to have a phone on…

I love reading all your comments about the movie but it only makes me wanting to see it again more…!!!!
And I’m so blissfully happy that we still get an other movie… at least we have one more to look forward too, the black hole would be so deep if that wasn’t the case…

Have a nice day!!!!
These violent delights, have violent endings...Like fire and gunpowder, they consume what they kiss

Respect Team Robsten, Proud addict of the halfway house
Tornado
Member: LaPush Cliff Diving Team

Post by Tornado »

Tracy - loved your take on BD!

lulu - I'm worried that they might hold some back for a future release, you know, on a special edition or something. I hate it when they milk us for all the money they can get. And then they wonder why the scenes are pirated!

My take on the Darkward scene is that they put it in because it gives the audience some foreshadowing of exactly why Edward is so convinced that their baby is evil. So they showed exactly why Edward considers himself evil. In the movies there has only been one previous mention of this, in the "reveal" scene in Twilight, where he tells Bella, "I've killed people before". Now, that's something that obviously didn't trouble her much, and if we're thinking real time, yes, he probably would have told her more about that before now, but the way movies work it makes sense to put that scene where they did.

By the way, I just wanted to let everyone know (as I know I mentioned this a while ago) that our accountant has finished the books for our business and we are all okay. We're getting some tax back, and the business survived the year. Hopefully next year will be a little better for us. Thanks to those who prayed and sent good wishes.
Suzan
Hiding Lauren's Hair Dye

Post by Suzan »

I can not believe I missed Stewart-Sunday! Here’s a little something to make up for it. (Absolutely stunning!)

Not much going on with me. Still waiting for my grade… Hurry up already! I can not tell you how irritated I am, not knowing what I’ll be doing next week. Everything depends on that grade. Ugh, I think I need to see BD again to distract me. ;)

Six pages to catch up with in three days!? I better get started… I see lots of excitement over BD! YAY! I’m glad you all loved it as much as I did. :D
I’ve written quite an extensive review about my thoughts on BD in the spoilers thread if you guys want to know what I thought of the movie. I’m so overwhelmed by it that I’m not even sure where to begin discussing it. I’ll probably have more to say after my second viewing, hopefully somewhere this week. Btw, I tried eating chicken last night, but for some reason it just doesn’t taste the same. ;)

Marielle – What a great fangirl moment! LOL That is a crazy coincidence that you have the same scars. The Margriet fair sounds like fun, but not really good for your wallet, hihi. Did you go with your mom? About the 100 Monkeys concert: Since I have no clue what I’m doing next week I also have no idea what time I will be able to leave… I’m hoping I’ll know by the end of the week. Sorry, I find it extremely frustrating too.

Ann Marie – I’m so sorry you’ve been having so much trouble with your panic attacks again. Hang in there! I wish I could do/say more to make you feel better, but just know we’re always here for you. Hugs! I’m sorry you couldn’t go to the premier, but I’m glad Chris and your mom were so supportive about it. Yay for going to the midnight showing! I’m glad you liked the movie. What did Chris think of it? He’s a Twiguy right?

Lynne – Great review of BD! I definitely agree with what you said. Btw, it was great hearing your voice! I always wonder what people sound like when I read the posts, hihi. About the flashbacks to Edward’s early vampire life: I do understand why they wanted it in where they placed it, but I just don’t like the way it flowed. I think it might have been better if they showed it during that brief scene where Edward googles vampire-baby, maybe while he’s (calmly) explaining to Bella why he wants to remove the baby. I’m glad your business is okay. All the best for next year!

Lulu – Props to your hubs for staying with you through BD even though he got food poisoning! Maybe he should join the Twilight-husbands support group with Caryn’s hubs and Marielle’s BF (I believe). LOL Congratulations on his victory with tennis!

Tonise – This is probably a little late, but I don’t think BD would be appropriate for an 8 year old… And it’s not because of the sexscene; it’s because of the birth. I can’t believe they rated that PG-13 so easily and were so fussy about the honeymoon. I’m 22 years old and even I was squirming in my seat (especially when Bella’s spine broke… EEK!). Granted: I’m a complete wimp when it comes to horror movies, hihi. Even Mackenzie wasn’t allowed to see the entire movie and she’s 11. Did you end up bringing the kids to the movie?

Sandy – Loved the pictures of ActionRob at the BD midnight showing! Very funny! What did your friends think of him and how did ActionRob like looking at himself (and his honeymoon no less, hihi) on the big screen? ;) I hope you have fun at Disneyland (if I read your hints correctly)!

Susie – Wow, two times on one night!? I’m glad you had such a great time on your BD-themed birthday and I’m glad you liked the movie! The critics are the worst! I went looking for some online because I was curious about the reactions, but I honestly wish I hadn’t done that to myself. The majority obviously doesn’t know what they’re talking about and I haven’t read a single one who has read the book. I’m not even going to repeat the things they wrote, because they’re seriously the dumbest opinions ever. If you want to be a serious movie critic: read the book, learn about the fans and why we like it so much. Don’t just copy the hateful and predetermined opinion of the masses. :banghead: Anyways… Glad you had fun on your birthday weekend!

Brenda – Thanks for writing down your BD midnight showing experience! I really enjoy reading all those stories. I hope your husband is doing better? That must have hurt a lot!

Tonise – Yay for finding your writing inspiration again! I absolutely agree with your review of BD and the acting performances. Although I do wish they would have showed Edwards frustration during the pregnancy in a different way. I wish he had taken it out on Jacob instead of Bella. That scene where Edward talks to Jacob after he first finds out about the pregnancy could have been a lot longer and more intense (I was really disappointed by that part vs the book version of the conversation, actually.) and then they could have cut out the scene where Edward goes all bananas on Bella. The more I think about it, the more I hate it. Jacob’s voice when he towers over Sam gave me chills too.

NewJen and Lynne – About the scene with the Volturi and the different actresses: I believe I heard/read an interview with BC about this, but I can’t find it anymore. He said that there was a scene in the beginning of the movie with the Volturi that was cut. I believe that was the scene we saw in the trailer with the dark-haired actress in which the Volturi gets the wedding invitation and the woman is killed by Demitri. The scene we got during the end credits, I believe, is where they get the news that Bella is now a vampire… At least, that’s what I think… Aro says: “Carlisle added a new member to his family.” So he could also be talking about Renesmee… Maybe it’s sort of a flash-forward to when Irina goes to the Volturi...

Tracy
I have this slightly obsessive compulsion to get these thoughts down in written form, as I guess it helps me to process everything that's going on in my mind about this movie.
Me too! That’s why I posted a three pages long monstrous thing in the spoilers thread the day after I saw it, hihi. Agreed on the flashback scenes to Edward’s early life as a vampire. It was cool to see, but it the placing was really strange in my opinion. Also agreed on the yelling at Bella part. I could have dealt with the “You’re leaving me no choice”-line, but the way that escalated and he just ran out on her… No. The more I think about it, the more I hate it. Loved the way they portrayed the transformation as well.

BTW for those of you interested, I was looking at some stuff from the Ellen show when I found the trailer for the other Snow White movie. The trailer debuted on Ellen last week apparently. It’s called Mirror Mirror now. Here’s the trailer. I’m afraid to say that I actually really really like it! Not better than SWatH of course, but still really good. I might go see that one in the theater as well. It looks like they’re going for a more comedic approach. The trailer is certainly very funny! (Snow White… Sno-who?… Sno-way! HAHAHA Say hello to my little frieeend. LOL) Julia Roberts is really good in this role. Anyways, just thought I’d let you all know…

Bye! :wave:
FF profile: Suzqnv5689
marielle
Cliff Diving with Embry

Post by marielle »

Suzan,... please remember that the concert is the 9th of december!!!!! so you still have two and half weeks before you have to be there... I know you are excited... so am I!!! but Jackson isn't coming here any sooner... :lol: ;)
but okay... I need to start planning things anyway so I better start with that one... I have send you a PM with my ideas for the day of the concert...I needed to much space to put it in a normal post...

Girls!!!! I just realized something terrible!!!!!
weren't we supposed to get "the TALK" between Edward and Carlisle in this movie????????? :shock: where was it???? why did they cut that out????????
These violent delights, have violent endings...Like fire and gunpowder, they consume what they kiss

Respect Team Robsten, Proud addict of the halfway house