Rob's Halfway House - #9

Off-Topic Forum for things having nothing to do with Twilight or the entertainment industry

Moderators: bac, cullengirl, una, Nena

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
VolturiGirl
Hanging Up on Jessica

Re: Rob's Halfway House - #9

Post by VolturiGirl »

Just a fly-by today. I have a lot of work to do today.

Happy Birthday Fi.

How awesome is it that your birthday falls on Hump Day... :lol:
Banner by Tammy AZ

Aro, Caius, Marcus
The Original Godfathers
SwanCullen
Touched By Cold Hands

Post by SwanCullen »

Oops! Forgot to say :

HAPPY BIRTHDAY FI! :) I hope you have a great one dear!

Robward

MarriedWard

Headboard!

DaddyWard

FierceWard
:grin: Proud HalfwayHouse Sister :grin:
Seasons Of Love-A Rosalie/ Emmett story
Jazz Girl
Making beautiful music with Edward as only I can

Post by Jazz Girl »

Good morning, Angels. :lol: For some reason, I’ve always wanted to say that.

Anywho, first and foremost…

Happy Hump Day … see I didn’t completely hate it. We’ll say I have issues but can at least appreciate the beauty.

Tonise~ Yep, totally right there with Carlisle’s hair. Like I said, poor Peter should get some sort of special award for what he’s endured since Twilight. I mean, he looked PERFECT in that film and he’s going to round out the series with… that. This week is our homecoming as well. Today is CountryFried Day. Biggun went to school wearing my cowboy hat.

Susie~ “Edward actually gets angry with Bella?” Ahh, now you begin to see my issues. Once again, things Edward would never say or do become his high emotional points. Hence, my disappointment. Yeah, sorry, not moved in the slightest over the Mongrel’s tears. He used up all of my goodwill and took a jagged left turn about three exits passed the end of my compassion. Yes, Jacob plays a large role in the novel. But, it is the change in the emotional dynamic that I hate. I knew I was going to have to deal with him. We all know how SM essentially dumped Edward and took up with the mutt in BD. But, at least in the novel, his issues are tempered with Bella’s obvious love for Edward and Edward’s utter devotion to his Bella. It was still a love story, just with a pissed-off, immature teenager whining his way through telling us about it. But, in the film, look at how they portray Jacob, how they portray him in relation to Edward. It is constantly Jacob standing alone between Bella and danger, constantly Jacob who is selflessly suffering to try and save his friend with no greater concern that her life. And it is Edward who is in the background letting others stand between his wife and harm, constantly Edward who is angry and bitter, constantly Edward who is blaming Bella for his unhappiness. But, that’s not exactly what happened in the story, is it? Those are the characters we know, are they? No. Once again, MR and her flag-waving I Heart Jake club seem to be dominating the reality of the story. Not that I’m bitter or upset about it at all.

Amy~ Yeah, the actual confrontation with the wolves totally threw me too. But, it was once again, a way for Jacob to step up and play the selfless hero role he never truly inhabited.

Tracy~ I agree completely about the wedding. The smile on RobWard’s face when she says, “as long as we both shall live,” just totally melted my heart. But, I cannot agree about AngryWard, at least on principle. Yes, he’s fierce and glorious. But, Edward would never and did not ever take his fear or anger out on Bella, nor did he put blame for his feelings on her. That’s why I can’t stand that line. Sure, he’d be completely justified in it. And, honestly, I’ve always felt like they’d have been a bit better off much earlier if he’d laid into her about the stupid crap she was doing and how it hurt him. But, he never would do that, particularly at that time. He was terrified of losing her and was determined to give her everything and anything she wanted. Hence the puppy curled up at her feet all the bloody time. Yes, I suppose I should be used to MR completely hacking this film to death. But, maybe it was the fact that she very specifically said that Jacob’s PoV was essentially absent in the film that it caught me off guard in how he was portrayed. I’m not sure why it would.. but… argh!

Chernaudi~ From a marketing standpoint, I do get Summit’s emphasis on the love triangle. But, for the love of gods, this is the film where they get married and Bella is pregnant with Edward’s baby! I think it’s time to let that ship sail and maybe bring the story back around to where it should be.

Suzan~ Yes, that shot liked to have killed me. You have to figure it is after he hears Ness’ thoughts for the first time. Is it strange that I honestly could care less about seeing the wedding dress? I mean, I understand why everyone is so protective of it. But, to me, it’s a dress, just another piece of clothing. I’m one of those crazy girls who would just as soon have gotten married in my jeans and tshirt as wearing the wedding gown.

JennJenn~ :lol: I was actually fairly satisfied with Alice’s and especially Jasper’s hair this time around. But, yeah, Carlisle’s is just… OY! To me, Edward’s feelings about Ness were simple. He didn’t see her as a baby, but as a monster. All he could think was that this monster that came from his monstrous self was going to kill the only reason for his existence. It wasn’t a baby but a mindless, soulless killer. I have a feeling that Rob portrayal of Edward’s terror and torment will have us all in tears.

Fi~ Happy Birthday, Sweetie!!

I do have to say, while I'm still... ambivalent at best about the movie at this point, I know, without a shadow of a doubt, that Rob's performance is going to bring me to my knees.
“Directing 7 Cullens at once=herding cats" :ROTFLMAO:
C-Dubs is TwitterRoyalty
Turning Page is Gospel~Ashley=MiniMe~HHBS
SwanCullen
Touched By Cold Hands

Post by SwanCullen »

Caryn-I just think Alice's hair looked best in New Moon, Jasper's looked best in Eclipse, and Carlisle's looked good in NM and Eclipse. I will SO be bringing tissues with me to the movie!
:grin: Proud HalfwayHouse Sister :grin:
Seasons Of Love-A Rosalie/ Emmett story
openfire
Touched By Cold Hands

Post by openfire »

Happy Hump Day all!

No gifts from me I'm afraid.. want to make sure I get my post completed first!

BD trailer - I agree with a lot of things that were said here. I really like it. A big smile creeped across my face once I was done watching it; it's really not too long till we get to see it!
Stuff about it I liked:
-the whole feel of it; from the wedding to the honeymoon to finding out Bella is pregnant to the end and the scream...powerful stuff!
-the shots of the wedding! Kristen looks absolutely stunning!! I love the way her hair is, and the clasp & veil. Beautiful! And I love that we get to hear a little of the vows - aww!!
-Charlie saying he will "never" let Bella fall!! This was one of the little things I had really hoped would be in the movie! So yay!
-Honeymoon stuff looks great! Edward looks gorgeous as usual!
Stuff about it I didn't like as much:
-Jacob being the center star...I get what Caryn is saying..he is going to be portrayed as the Knight in Shining Armour that protects the Cullens from the rest of the wolves blah blah blah. Annoying, but I suppose we should have expected that...
-the whole "wolves fighting the Cullens" part...I did wonder how they were going to put some action into the first half...guess we now know! But it would just never actually happen! Like Jake says in the book; Sam knows that the wolves would fail! Ah well.
-Edward shouting at Bella..maybe he doesn't, maybe the scenes have just been pasted like that to make it look that way, like maybe he is shouting at Carlisle of someone??
-Carlisle's hair. Enough said.
Stuff that confuses me:
-Charlie seeing Bella! Hmm..could be good I guess, as I do love Charlie. But not sure what the story is going to be!
But still, I really do like it!! Need to watch it a few hundred more times but...just to make sure ;)

Suzan - I love Monopoly; I don't mind if it takes hours, it's great! LOL. I really like a lot of board games...I like to win ;)

Chernaudi - Sorry you're not really happy living where you are just now. Is there no way you can move somewhere else, perhaps somewhere that has better job prospects? What kind of job would you like to do? Something like the library again? When I was wee, I used to think it would be very cool to work in a library, and just read & talk about books to schools etc all day. But I don't think many people here use the library as much as they used to..
What is Iron Chef? I assume some kind of cooking programme?? LOL.

Tonise - How did things go with CPCTim this weekend? Did you tell him you would rather just be friends, or are you still just "going with the flow" the now? I hope you have a great trip with the Mingle folk this weekend! Remember..be safe!
So...what exactly is "Spirit Week" and why do the kids dress up different each day? LOL

Christina - Sorry you can't see WfE until November. But like I offered to Caryn (and of course, anyone else who would like!), I don't mind sending you the region 2 version, if your dvd player allows multi-region play? I couldn't like without a multi-region dvd player, as I have lots of region 1 & region 4 dvds! LOL.
I still think it is awesome that your parents love the saga so much!! I can't beleive they watch Eclipse once a week!! And fyi, I really like BD - I hope your mom does too! I even liked book 2... Don't hate me Caryn LOL!
Thanks for the info about Florida! We are now thinking maybe late April, early May LOL. Of course, I would LOVE to meet up with you and Ginnie!

Tracy - Yep that was indeed that episode of ER. A very good one I think! I also really love the one where Doug Ross saves that little boy from drowing in the river from season 1 too. Can't remember the name just now, but it really is good!
Sorry your work is annoying just now - that is frustrating that you had to lose a member of staff, just when you got them all back! Can you refuse to send staff, or do you have little choice in the matter?
About my wedding dress: nope, my bf hasn't seen it and won't see it until the day. I told him a little tiny bit about it, but not enough that he would be able to figure out which one etc.

Brenda - That is so sweet that your son is starting to say "I love you" to you convincingly. I bet that makes your heart sing! One of my nephews is almost 12, and he and his mom haven't been getting on the best the past couple years either. Think puberty is just getting earlier & earlier!
I hope you are ok after you fall - and that the job interview was successful!
Wow, 6 year old triplets! Are they identical? That must have been a lot of work when they were younger!

Caryn - Sorry your dvd player can't play European dvds...that's a bit rubbish! Oh well, now you have 2 Rob things to look forward to in November I guess!

Susie - I think I am tagged in some pictures from Blackpool on fb, but none of them are on an actual rollarcoaster. I don't tend to buy the official pics from the rides are they are so expensive (plus we tend to all pull the same pose etc when the camera is there, which is normally really funny! but we aren't doing the "hand pose" we normally do LOL).
I am sure January would be fine to let us know if you could come to our wedding. But really, don't feel you have too; I know it is a lot of money!! Plus I would feel really guilty if you came all this way by yourself, as I wouldn't really be able to spend any time with you before or after the day etc.. So if your hubs wants to come & you can afford it, great! Please come & make it a holiday, but if not, really it is ok. Don't worry, I will tell you all about it in great detail LOL!!
I hope your hubs enjoyed his special pecan birthday cake! Oh btw, do you mind sending me that recipe for your other cake that you made for SB & DD (was it chocolate?? I can't remember now LOL).
Haha, don't feel bad for laughing at me watching CatDog! Remember, I was younger Hahah! But also, I really loved Nickalodeon...defo the best tv channel! I loved a lot of the cartoons & the shows like "Sister Sister", "Kenan & Kel" and "Sabrina the Teenage Witch". The shows on it now are defo not as good!! LOL.
My dress... I'm not good at describing it! It's ivory, and it is satin. It had a few sparkly bits & a nicely sized train (a wee bit, but not too huge). I would like to wear a veil but haven't got that yet. It should come in to the shop in February next year, and then I will get fitting etc & then it will be wedding time! Eeek!! (in a good way of course LOL).
The car boot sale - we just had a lot of stuff to get rid of, either that we didn't use anymore, or things we have aquired from people over the years that we never really needed/used. Managed to sell quite a bit, and have gave the rest to a chairty shop. It was actually pretty fun! I assume that our car boot sale is equilivent to your garage sale - except we don't do ours in our garden/on the pavement outside, and instead go to a place where lots of people are selling stuff?

Fi - HAPPY BIRTHDAY!! I hope you had a lovely day :) Sorry that you were a little upset last night, and of course it is ok to feel sorry for yourself & have a little cry sometimes! Glad that GB text you to say happy birthday at midnight though - aww! Did you manage to see him today? What did you end up doing for your birthday?
Btw, I have loved reading you posts here the past couple days - I missed you Girl! I have all my fingers & toes crossed for M...you will have to keep us posted!
Btw, did you ever see the HH invite to my wedding? Since you don't live too far away, maybe you would like to come & be a representative from the HH?? LOL!

Karena - Spring does indeed sound lovely in Australia! What kind of veggies did you decide to plant?

Lulu - Your procrastination post made me smile! Good to hear from ya!
Btw, I think it's really nice when people marry young, especially when they seem so perfect for each other. From what you say of you & your hubs, I totally think you guys are - and you look so cute together in photos on fb! Do you mind if I ask how old you were when you got married?

Joyce - Great mega post! You are indeed very witty with your words :D

Everyone I missed - Hey there! I hope you are doing good!

Ok need to get to bed soon. Need to go to work early tomorrow. Has been a very long & slow week so far. Is it not the weeked yet??

Catch you all later!
Banner by the super talented TammyAZ!
lulu
Teaching Eric Social Graces

Post by lulu »

dah, i don't have time to post right now, but i was reading a little of what caryn was saying...

so yeah, i know, it's not really canon-edward character, but man i totally get it--edward is desperate, he's trying to get through to bella! the whole time i was reading the book for the first time i was like, "bella, how could you do this to edward?!" after all those decades of waiting for her and then finally having her in his life and finally being married and then to have her risk losing her life and leaving him alone forever... it was sooo sad. but at the same time i was thinking, "he can totally just change her after they get the baby out". so whatever, i don't know, i get them both. anyway, as far as the movie goes, they have edward lose his temper in new moon (also out of character, especially when he handled that scene in the book the EXACT opposite way), but i admit it was a little refreshing. :)

anyway, i totally loved the trailer. with you jaclyn :)
Chernaudi
Tantalizing Men With Rosalie

Post by Chernaudi »

First of all, Happy Birthday Fi_Fi.

Jaclyn: I can't really move anywhere, as that's hard to do if you don't have enough money. I'm hopeful about maybe getting a job before winter, but who knows. And Iron Chef is a cooking show.

Caryn: From what I've seen, the trailer has suppressed many of my fears, but as ERL posted in her later replies, Jacob is still being portrayed largely in a positive/heroic light. So I'll reserve judgment for the films. However, Summit is still messing up big time in the continuity of the character's physical appearance, and, like in previous films, Bella is about the only one they got about right.

However, if the film is bad, well, just let me say that if I'm allowed to have an evil thought, if I came to power, I'd do to Universal City, CA, what Top Gear's James May would do to the Cotswolds in England. James has said, tongue in cheek, that if he came to power in the UK, he'd have the RAF wipe the Cotswolds, namely the city of Burford, off the map and start anew. Let's just say that I'd like to do the same with Universal City, namely Summit's HQ, and have the USAF wipe it off the map, or at least drop a lot of unemptied porta-johns on the area :twisted: I doubt, for obvious reasons, that there'd be many willing volunteers for that mission. But that's gotta count as fair penance, and, no disrespect to Amy, but if any of you know my posting history, I'd have loved to have had the Volturi exterminated and their hall wiped clean off of Volterra by similar means :twisted: Now that's fair penance for their antics in Breaking Dawn.

General: Well, I finally heard from one of my beta's last night. Almost all of my recent emails were going in her spam box. She caught this one, and she told me what to do next as far as finding a replacement beta for the one that's out due to pregnancy. I thought that something was really wrong until I heard from her early this morning. As for tonight, it's more of the usual, and there's no WWII stuff on the Military Channel, or anything interesting on the two History Channels I have. So I have to keep myself entertained by playing on the PS2 and watching Iron Chef when it comes on, and looking stuff up on the old laptop or this one when my brother gets done with it.

The roof on my house has been having repairs done on it and they're nearly completed. And I have like an infected eyelash or something. It doesn't hurt or anything, but it is a bit annoying because it's taking forever to clear up. Hopefully I can get my mom or someone to look at it and figure out home remedies.

So that's what I'll be up to tonight. At least I can start writing again soon as I know that my one beta is alright. See everyone later :)
Audi, Twilight, Cher, Pink Floyd, symphonic/progressive rock, KStew, RP, Bio-Booster Armor Guyver-what's not to like

Team Renesmee, Team Bella, Team Edward.

Fan fic stories: http://www.fanfiction.net/u/2192109/
GOLDENGIRL59
Wandering Through Town

Post by GOLDENGIRL59 »

TO FI::::::::HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU (cha cha cha) HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU (cha cha cha) :yahoo:
HAPPY BIIIIRTHDAY TO FI ..... HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOUUUUUUUU

May you be served many, many, many doses of RobCrack today and also may you have a
hangover from it as well.

YAAAAY TO YOU GIRL!!! :clap: AND MANY MORE

Banner by Tammy AZ
Susie
Frozen in Time

Post by Susie »

Hi All!

HAPPY HUMP DAY!

BD 1 Trailer
I just watched the trailer again and Oh My Goodness. I truly get goosebumps!! I am now convinced that the part with Edward yelling is like Jaclyn hypothesizes - he isn't actually yelling at Bella!!! They've just spliced the trailer together that way. He is probably yelling that to Jake or Rosalie. What do you all think? We should take bets on it and see how that snippet fits into the movie as a whole. I just feel a lot better thinking of it this way. Caryn??? Do you think this is what's happening? Sly marketing by Summit? Hey! Notice how Robward is wearing a brownish sort of shirt in the clip where he looks like he's yelling at Bella? He is usually dressed in a blue/gray palette by the costumers. He just doesn't wear brown. The only scene where he is wearing brown is when he and Jake have a confrontation. (Maybe he is wearing the "wolf" color because he is yelling at Jacob.) So I hereby say that is proof that Edward is NOT yelling at Bella but at Jake. There. I've put my bet in. Another thing - I noticed that Carlisle's hair is looking good at the wedding!!! Thank God! It must be purposely ill-kempt to show that they are going through heck there dealing with Bella's pregnancy.

Lulu - It's going to be intense, isn't it?? I'm so jazzed right now! Good luck getting all of your editing done.

Chernaudi - I'm glad you heard from your Beta!! Now you can get to work again. Sorry about your eye infection!

Jaclyn - I know how you feel about having me come to the wedding but not being able to spend any time with me. I guess I would need someone to take care of me a little bit - maybe your aunt? The one who thinks I'm cool....Let's see what happens. If you do come to the U.S. for your honeymoon, I'll just have to try to meet up with you and spoil that romantic newlywed togetherness a bit! Orlando, maybe with Ginnie and Christine...Sorry I haven't sent you that cake recipe. I forgot you asked. I'll try to get it to you soon.
Jazz Girl wrote:Susie~ ...Once again, MR and her flag-waving I Heart Jake club seem to be dominating the reality of the story. Not that I’m bitter or upset about it at all.

Caryn - Deep Breath!! You probably won't like my saying this, appearing to defend MR and all, but perhaps Summit has dictated that the screenplay continue to play up the Jake character for all those Taylor Crazy fans out there. We know how they really ramped up the supposed "love triangle" and the Team Jacob and Team Edward stuff - whipping the fans into a frenzy. I just don't think she is acting alone. And with SM as Executive Producer - remember she's very affectionate towards Jacob, so I'm sure it all is approved by her. Thinking of SM and her approval of various adaptations- Surely she wouldn't allow Edward to yell at Bella. Now I'm even more sure it doesn't actually happen. (Loved your salutation today - "Good Morning Angels" - I actually watched the show when it was originally on, in college. I don't think you were born yet. :lol: )

JennJenn
- I loved the way they made KStew look pregnant too and that pic of Robward gently feeling her belly makes me think of the two of them having a baby of their own someday. Maybe they thought about it too!

Suzan - I loved your post! You are so funny! What Suzan wants, Suzan gets. It has to be only in your fantasy mind, though. Ever heard of "creative visualization"??? ;)

Amy - It sounds like you hate Jake as much as Caryn does!

Tracy - I'm squeeing right with you! I actually smiled ear to ear and then squealed at the headboard and then covered my mouth towards the end as it was getting tense. My eyes were bulging out of their socket the whole time. The wolves/Cullen fight - maybe that is Alice's vision??? I hope so because it is so important to me that it never gets to that. That's why I love the Saga so much. Sam and the pack had too much respect for Jake. Their characters are complex.

Joyce - I loved the addition of the "cha cha cha" in your birthday wishes to Fi!

See you all later!

Happy Breaking Headboard Dreams!
VirginiaMay
Has Caught Sight of Edward

Post by VirginiaMay »

Well, I 've joined the sisterhood of the "lost megapost". It was a mega mega post, too. I had responses to Sept. 11th comments and everything. Ugh... Stupid overheating laptops. At least I didn't lose any writing. Thank goodness for autosave.

Anyway, I'm now on my way to pick up my new washing machine after a very busy week of shopping around and craigslisting. I'll be so glad not to have to go to work with Hubs anymore just to wash clothes and towels.

Back later to try and reconstruct some of my lost post. ;)

Hugs!! Ginnie

[ Post made via Mobile Device ]