Rob's Halfway House - #9

Off-Topic Forum for things having nothing to do with Twilight or the entertainment industry

Moderators: bac, cullengirl, una, Nena

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
Jazz Girl
Making beautiful music with Edward as only I can

Re: Rob's Halfway House - #9

Post by Jazz Girl »

Hey all. No worries, as Susie indicated, I'm alive and well. Although, Marielle, there certainly were a few small moments when hurling something at the screen was considered. But, alas, Hubs was able to keep me calm and not arrested.

BD Thoughts~ Obviously, I will not post anything spoilerish, but I can say that, as Susie indicated, I was 90% satisfied with the movie as a whole. There were many many moments of shere awe and bliss. The moments that were otherwise were more due to things that were missing, dynamics that were changed. And, yes, much of that had to do with the near-canonization of Jacob. I hope they called the Vatican first to get approval, but apparently, it is now Saint Jacob the annoying mongrel. But, I digress. I was absolutely blown away by Kris' performance as Bella. She captured everything for me and brought all of it to life. Rob was phenomenal, portraying such a pendulum of emotions over the course of the film that I am at a loss to describe adequately how amazed I was. And, yes, I was quite impressed with Taylor, he definitely stepped up his game in this one. Yes, you read that correctly. I have read others who've said that he made Jacob a more sympathetic character for them. I won't go that far. But, his performace was still very good. There were a few rough spots for me production-wise as wll. But, overall BD1 exceded my expectations by a lot. I'm happy with it. Maybe not rolling-in-the-aisles ecstatic, but definitely more that satisfied.

Marielle~ I did notice those scars!! I was wondering what they were from.

Amy~ In the book, she essentially let Edward and everyone else believe it was Edward Junior. She never says specifically what the J stands for, saying only to Edward, “Your father’s name was Edward, too.” (Pg 326, BD paperback). But, later, as Bella recounts the birth, she refers to the baby by what she thought his true name would be, Edward Jacob (pg 371, same edition).

Alright, I'm off to the spoiler thread to post my thoughts.
“Directing 7 Cullens at once=herding cats" :ROTFLMAO:
C-Dubs is TwitterRoyalty
Turning Page is Gospel~Ashley=MiniMe~HHBS
Openhome
Corralling the Cullens while Esme's Away

Re: Rob's Halfway House - #9

Post by Openhome »

We are moving this thread so that it can now contain spoilers. Speak freely of islands, babies and feathers! :D
missp
Teaching Nessie all she needs to know
Location: Missing my HH SISTERS but loving all the great memories from HH CON 2012!

Re: Rob's Halfway House - #9 **OPEN FOR SPOILERS**

Post by missp »

The second viewing today was way more emotional for me than the premier. I was so keyed up and excited at the premier that I think I was just reacting in the moment. This afternoon, I was able to relax a little more, squeal like a little fan girl a little less, and really focus on the amazing performances of all cast members involoved... especially Kristen, Rob, Taylor, and Billy. I am beat tonight after getting only 4 hours sleep in the last 24 hour period. I will come back tomorrow and add my thoughts on the second viewing before I leave to see it for the third time! :D
Tornado
Member: LaPush Cliff Diving Team

Post by Tornado »

Gosh, I've got to go back and see it again!

Caryn - I must confess, from the moment Bella said EJ in the book, I thought it was Jacob, not junior. I can remember wincing as I made the connection, so I don't know if we were ever intended to think that it was Edward Jnr. Maybe I just pick it up well, but I don't usually do that, so that seems unlikely!
Austwilight
Wandering Through Town

Post by Austwilight »

Susie, next to me at my screening was a teenage girl who did not stop moving the whole time. At one stage l wanted to be her mother and just tell her to sit still. She kicked me with about 10mins to go and then didnt move l thought why couldnt she had done that 90 mins before it was really annoying.
Im off to see it again tomorrow so hoping to get more out of it this time.
Ann Marie lm so sorry to had to go home. I use to get panic attacks too so how you feel. I got help for them and its certainly improved my quality of living.
Happy birthday Susie!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

[ Post made via Mobile Device ]
openfire
Touched By Cold Hands

Post by openfire »

I love that the thread is now open for spoilers! Maybe I should move my post over here? LOL. Nah, I'm sure I will add more things when I next get to see the movie!

Ok, I did mean to mention one thing though - not a true spoiler I suppose, but maybe a bit....

Why wasn't A Thousand Years used in the film?? Was it the third song in the credits? Or did I just miss it somewhere? I was a bit sad about that, espeically since we were all so sure it would be a wedding song!

I totally want to go back today... :D
Banner by the super talented TammyAZ!
Brienna
Has Caught Sight of Edward

Post by Brienna »

I can't remember where in the movie, but A thousand years was used in the movie... But it was sung by a man. I remember being really bummed about it, because I like the original version a lot better!
marielle
Cliff Diving with Embry

Post by marielle »

Happy Saturday!!!!

I’m happy to see that everybody survived BD premiere week…
I had my doubts with all the Rob hotness hitting the airwaves

I have already planned my 4th viewing in two weeks time but I’m not sure if I can wait that long…maybe I’ll go again this week…

Now posts,…

Kayla, thanks for giving us the freedom to discus all BD…
So I better start…. I thought the wedding night was perfectly done…though I had seen the leaked pictures and I missed view images of that, I understand that it has been kept this tastefully. Especially the scenes when Bella was reliving her bliss…

Susie, I’m happy to hear that you had such an amazing bday… you can’t go wrong with an OD of BD…
Lots of critics burned the movie, which I find very unbelievable…they just didn’t prepare themselves properly and read the books… I went with a girl that hadn’t read the books and she understood the story perfectly…

Brenda, Men just can´t be left alone, now can they… they just need female supervision at all times…
I hope he is okay thought…

Amy, I liked the Volturi scene as well…Aro was splendid… and I loved how they laid out the relationship within the 3 leaders… Marcus is all about the law and living together under that law, Aro the collector of rarities and Caius the power hungry, aggressive one…

Caryn! (lets out sigh of relieve) you’re still alive and free!!!! I really was worried that you got yourself into trouble, but I forgot you were going with your hub, I should have known he would take care of you…
You got me laughing hard with the Vatican comment….Yes, they made Jacob a bit into a saint, that why it’s so annoying that we didn’t get to see the blond jokes or the hatred he feels against Bella’s baby during the pregnancy or the Cullens in general…
Those scars got me hyperventilating… I wasn’t kidding when I said I have the same ones on the same area of my back, I got them after the doc removed two molars. I did notice Rob has an other scar on his side… a small but longer one…JEEZ I even know now where he has molars :rotfl: :doh:

Well, I’m spending the rest of the day on the sofa… my feet are still tired from yesterday’s fair…
I’ll see you girls tomorrow…

edit: just a quick thought... Rob seriously looks a lot less happy without Kris on his side...butI saw that he got back in London with Kris this morning... I hope he gets some rest now...
These violent delights, have violent endings...Like fire and gunpowder, they consume what they kiss

Respect Team Robsten, Proud addict of the halfway house
missp
Teaching Nessie all she needs to know
Location: Missing my HH SISTERS but loving all the great memories from HH CON 2012!

Post by missp »

Morning, Siblings!!! I AM WRITING TODAY FOR THE FIRST TIME IN MONTHS!!!! :clap: :clap:

OK... to clear up a little bit of confusion here... Thousand Years was used during the wedding. It was done as an instrumental only though during Bella's walk down the isle. It's beautiful, but I miss the words of the song because I think the first verse is perfect for her! They play the entire song by the original artist in the end credits. :D

And... now that we are a spoiler thread as well...

Second Viewing reactions
The second time was better than the first! I was more emotional... crying through a lot of it. This time, I was able to get past my excitement and worries about this and that scene to actually focus on the AMAZING performances of these people we have grown to love in these roles as characters we have loved forever! So, my review today will be from that point of view.

**Kristen -- I just truly do not have words. She has floored me! She has it all. The comedy with the heel-wearing practice, getting ready to have sex with her husband as a virgin, playing temptress to Edward... all were soooo wonderful! But, her ability to bring it on the drama front is unparalleled! I was right there with her on the wedding jitters, I felt her absolute wonder as she falls in love with the baby growing inside her at the same time she realizes in horror that Edward wants to get rid of it, and I still stand amazed at the blood drinking! That was just... OMG!! But, where Kristen truly shines this go around is during the spine breaking/pre-birth/birth scene. The pain was obvious right up until the point where her eyes go blank and Bella is literally lying there dead. I lost it during this scene last night! It looks so real. Bella looks so unbelievably awful - which I know is probably a bit over-killed to make the transformation that much more dramatic - I could barely look at her. Kristen is the most beautiful vampire!! She's going to knock BD2 out of the park! I can't wait to watch her beat Emmett in arm-wrestling and I'm hoping we get a little vamp-on-vamp love-making! ;)

**Rob -- Again... Words are just hard to find! He has once again sealed my devotion to this character! The one thing Rob brings to Edward for me is the absolute love for Bella that will never waiver. So... my first impression from the rib-breaking scene when he yells at Bella and walks out on her - I hated it!- has changed. In my opinion, it was one of the only ways to show Edward's utter frustration and terror at the possibility of losing the reason for his existence. He's fierce when he needs to be, gentle when it calls for it, and just... perfection! I loved the scene where he hears Nessie for the first time... soooo sweet! But, the scene that blows me away is the birth scene. I felt his panic... his urgency... his determination to save Bella. The way his mouth moves over... gentle but urgent... biting her neck, her arms, her legs... Then, I swear I heard him say last night, "Come back to me, BABY!" Did anyone else catch that?! Right before he is sure the venom worked and goes out to protect his family against the wolves. BD1 RobWard is my favorite!

**Taylor -- His growth in the character of Jacob is so obvious in this movie! The wedding scene made me cry last night. I felt his pain from saying goodbye, his anger and fear when he realized the honeymoon would be a "real" honeymoon, and his humilitation as Sam held the power of Alpha over his head. Taylor has such a comedic gift. The blood-drinking scene and the Renesmee scene were both truly hilarious for me! The two scenes that really stand out for me with Jacob are the birthright scene and the imprinting scene. Although it was done with the CGI wolves and a Jacob/Sam voice-over, the power in Taylor's voice as he claims his rightful position as Alpha gives me chills every time! Then, the imprinting scene... this is one of my favorite scenes in the entire movie, and I think they did an amazing job. His immediate devotion to her is so obvious, and I loved the way he hit his knees to show the magnitude of it all.

**The Cullens-- PERFECTION!! Emmett - always one of my faves. Alice - I would let her plan my wedding any day, but not pack my suitcase! LOL! Rosalie - I LOVED HER IN THIS MOVIE! Carlisle - minus the hair... PERFECT! Esme - always the perfect Mama. I loved her speech at the wedding. Jasper - I am in love with Jasper!!!!

**The Wolves/Quileutes -- I know some liberties were taken from the path of the book such as the beach scene and the fight scenes, but I feel like they were really well done and served a purpose. Seth has my heart!! Leah has my sympathy! (I wanted to yell at her "I gave you an imprint in my story!" to make her feel better! LOL!) Sam took on the role of villain for me this time. As usual, Billy Black was perfection!

**The Humans -- Charlie is one of the most amazing characters ever written, and Billy Burke just does him so well! His wedding speech was one of the funniest moments in the film! His fierce protectiveness of Bella made me think of my own Daddy AND his walk with her down the aisle! I sooo cried! Renee is just a hot mess of wonderful quirkiness, and I absolutely loved it! Even the horrible singing at the wedding! :lol:

Overall... BD1 is by far my favorite of all the movies. With Twilight... I tolerate it. I so wish it would have been done with the understanding that this would become the monumental saga in film as it is in text. New Moon WAS my favorite until BD1 because I love the introduction to the wolves and the Volturi, but I also love the contrast between Bella/Edward and Bella/Jacob. At first, I was disappointed with Eclipse but eventually, I have grown to love it. I love the way the wolves and Cullens come together in an alliance and I love the way the love triangle is finally settled once and for all. BUT... none of the other three movies have even come close to doing for me what the books do. Breaking Dawn 1... VERY close! In fact, it's given me a better visualization of Vamp-Bella and Renesmee!

Ok... I've talked enough, and I am ready for coffee and some fanfic writing! I woke up this morning with WRITING on my mind! I was hoping BD1 would give me a shot in the arm, and I'm thinking it has! :clap:
So, I'm going to capitalize on the creative flow and spend the day writing on Between Dusk and Dawn until it's time to get ready for the third viewing of BD1! Y'all have a great Saturday! (((HUGS!)))

openfire
Touched By Cold Hands

Post by openfire »

Happy Saturday all!

I still can barely think about anything but the movie! It certainly has taken over my head quite a bit, but I love it. Turning Page has been in my head all day - such a beautiful song!!

To the posts!
Brienna wrote:I can't remember where in the movie, but A thousand years was used in the movie... But it was sung by a man. I remember being really bummed about it, because I like the original version a lot better!
Really? Oh, I totally missed it! I will keep an eye for it next time! Was it actually at the wedding?

Marielle - I think maybe (hopefully! LOL) that the leaked pictures scene from the honeymoon might be on the dvd extended version? Actually, can they do that? Have the main feature rated PG13 and then the speical features rated R?

Tonise - I am so happy that BD has given you inspiration to write your story! I hope it continues & you get lots of it done :)
missp wrote:OK... to clear up a little bit of confusion here... Thousand Years was used during the wedding. It was done as an instrumental only though during Bella's walk down the isle. It's beautiful, but I miss the words of the song because I think the first verse is perfect for her! They play the entire song by the original artist in the end credits. :D
Hmm, I was positive that the instrumental piece that Bella walks down the aisle to was an instrumental version of Turning Page?? I really remember hearing it and thinking that it was beautiful. I will need to check next time I see it! So the full version of [uA Thousand Years[/u] is after It Will Rain during the credits? We kept leaving after the Volturi scene so didn't get to that part...

Tonight we are going out to the pub with a couple friends. One of them was the girl I went to see BD with last night (she really loved it too) so we will prolly discuss the movie a wee bit! I am hopefully going to see it again on Monday with her and my mom :)

Have a great evening all - bye!

---

EDIT - Hey again. Just watched the BD cast of Ellen - was very funny!! I really enjoy Ellen's interviews! The "possible scene" that might be in BD2 with "Linda" wasd hysterical!! :lol:
Anyways, bye again!
Banner by the super talented TammyAZ!