Rob's Halfway House - #9

Off-Topic Forum for things having nothing to do with Twilight or the entertainment industry

Moderators: bac, cullengirl, una, Nena

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
Tornado
Member: LaPush Cliff Diving Team

Re: Rob's Halfway House - #9 **OPEN FOR SPOILERS**

Post by Tornado »

Sean - yeah, if I wasn't so lazy I probably could have just gone and checked my guide about Joham's origins! I always had the impression that Jennifer's mother was western because of her name (which was also Jennifer), but whether that meant she had european blood or any of a dozen other things is probably only known by SM. However, if Joham is Portuguese, I would expect her colouring to be darker than in that image you showed us.

Tracy - yes it sure does sneak up! Yes, those are the same Wiggles. Fruit Salad! Yummy, yummy! My son loves that song. And the colours are yellow, red, blue and purple. They were just inducted into the Australian Recording Institute's Hall of Fame the other night, to celebrate their twentieth anniversary!
Chernaudi
Tantalizing Men With Rosalie

Post by Chernaudi »

Lynne (and anyone else): I though that he was South American myself until I found out in the guide. Of course, we can also speculate what the Volturi were doing in World War I, World War II, and the various other conflicts Italy was in since they set base there.

Everyone: I'm watching the Top Gear Top 40 Challenges, and one where Jeremy races James and Richard from London to Oslo in a car vs boat race. I'll probably be in bed by about 4:30 or so--this is a good reading in bed/sleeping night with the rain and mild temperatures, though I suspect that it'll be snowing soon.

I'll be back later.
Audi, Twilight, Cher, Pink Floyd, symphonic/progressive rock, KStew, RP, Bio-Booster Armor Guyver-what's not to like

Team Renesmee, Team Bella, Team Edward.

Fan fic stories: http://www.fanfiction.net/u/2192109/
marielle
Cliff Diving with Embry

Post by marielle »

Good morning everybody!!!

I have been busy this morning!!!!
I’m good…
I have already been to the hospital for a check with the dermatologist and had an ultrasound made of my stomach for my troubles with food…
I have bought a birthday present for my brother (got him some nice aftershave) I arranged for my bf to have unlimited soccer on tv for his Bday…I have bought Christmas presents for my bf… I habe bought a new sports outfit because my old one gave up last week and I have already washed all my towels and bedding… and it isn’t even midday yet…
The one downer. I won’t make an other stop at the cinema today… so I’m hoping to go on Saturday…

Needlessly to say, I’ve got the day off from work…

Caryn, it’s good to see you back…I always love to see the blue posts…

Amy, you can’t forget it!!! I don’t mind if I have to wait until Chicago before I get them but I promised my mom one… she really drives like a vampire… so she needs one…

Jaclyn, have you decided on where you go on your Honeymoon?
I agree with you and Brenda that BD2 has to start with Bella’s voice over for the burning chapter… it would be the best solution…it will show that it’s no walk in the park to become a vampire…and to be honest that chapter until they meet up with Charlie are my favorites of the whole saga…

Susie, thanks for your pm, you’re a life-saver… and for your son as well I see…do you really have to walk 20 minutes to a bus stop???? Wow…. I’m now dead-sure we won’t be using public transports in the US for our trip…I’m sure your son felt really bad about asking for a lift…

Tracy, I never had such a crazy pre-holiday schedule as this year… I know I’m doing it to myself, I could say no every now and then but I just enjoy every little bit of it… I can rest when I’m dead…
As you see, Christmas shopping is coming along nicely… I still have to get something for my mom and brother but my mom is easy… she loves everything…

Holy Cow!!! I love black!!!

Well, I’ve got a house to clean and Christmas cards to make…
So I’ll see you all later!!!
These violent delights, have violent endings...Like fire and gunpowder, they consume what they kiss

Respect Team Robsten, Proud addict of the halfway house
Jazz Girl
Making beautiful music with Edward as only I can

Post by Jazz Girl »

Good morning, siblings! I'd say it's a lovely morning, but I know a lot of folks wouldn't agree with me. It's raining and cold here at the moment and it seems we're waiting patiently for our first blast of winter. I wouldn't mind so much if I didn't have a training this evening that will have me driving home in the thick of the first band of snow. I don't mind it at all but, unfortunately, most folks around here, for whatever reason, completely forget how to drive in the snow each Spring, which turns the first snowfall every year into a free-for-all. It makes no sense, honestly, because we get a goodly amount of snow every year, too.

BD Viewing~ Yup, still wrenches my heart left, right and center every time. Have another date to go on Wednesday night with a girlfriend of mine from work. Looking forward to it, although I'm pretty sure she'll be lost completely as she hasn't read past NM.

Marielle~ She is, honestly, one of the best I’ve ever known. The whole Saga exchange totally made me love her even more. Thank you for your wishes. I’ll be sure to pass them along to her. Wow, you’ve gotten so much done. Though, I totally agree. When there’s a Saga film at the theater, it just doesn’t seem as good a day if you can’t partake. Unlimited soccer for BF’s birthday? What a grand present! Awww, thanks! Yes, he did look particularly good at the Hamilton BTC awards. I love that he’s been wearing the watch he received ever since.

Rachel~ It’s good to have you home. I can understand where you’re coming from. The emotional roller coaster that is the birth and transformation leaves you a bit wrung out at the end. I always find myself needing to debrief a little afterwards, so I’ve been journaling. And, honestly, I think it’s made worse by the absolute understanding that we don’t get resolution for a year.

Amy~ I absolutely have to agree. I think, in those moments, you can tear your eyes away from Edward and his desperation. Rob plays it so perfectly that, no matter how badly you want to, you can barely blink.

Lynne~ I know, I know. Basking in how wrong he is, shooting back a quick, “let me know how you feel about that in about an hour, Mongrel,” is fairly satisfying. But, at the same time, my inability to smack that smug toldja-so look off of his snout and the resulting frustration outweighs any joy I take in Bella being right. Just one scene! I mean, she’s written in all this other crap that never happened. Can’t we get ONE BLOODY SCENE where someone finally takes that immature mongrel down a peg or ten! That’s likely why I’m sooooooo looking forward to both Edward & Bella knocking some sense into him in BD2.

Tracy~ I absolutely agree. The way he gazes at her throughout the whole wedding just warms my heart, with the smallest hint of a smile on his lips at all times… perfect. Heard you all were getting a bit of the winter white. Hope all is safe. I love your plan to be able to watch uninterrupted. That is key to a good movie experience, I think. Yes, I might have even felt sorry for BrotherDear if he hadn’t spent the previous 3 ½ years belittling my love of all things Twilight and ripping on Rob every chance he got just to irritate me. Served him right. I did have to laugh at your comment to Rachel. Oddly, it wasn’t until the second half of BD that I was finally able to reconnect with Bella after spending Eclipse and the first part of BD thinking she’d lost her mind and, at times, turned into a complete witch. As for the sweet breakfast shots… I’m holding out hope for the deleted scenes. We’ve seen several stills from scenes we didn’t get in the film.

Jaclyn~ They absolutely MUST start with a Bella voiceover. It wouldn’t be a Saga film without it. But, I’m not sure what quote they’ll use. Twilight is the only one that uses a quote from the book, but I wonder if they’ll end up using the same passage they use in Book 3, where she’s talking about how she wanted them to attack, highlighting her MamaVamp ferocity?

Sean~ It’s the calm after the storm, of sorts. Once the premiere and promotional pieces are done, they tend to lay low for a while. We know Kris is busy finishing SWatH filming and Rob’s happily relaxing in London, though it looks like still working on some things for Bel Ami. Hmmm, I don’t know. That composite looks a lot like a Denali sister to me. Then again, maybe it’s the dress in the photo. It’s certainly possible, though, as we don’t get any description of Joham to tell us what the genetics are. Yes, we’re told he Portuguese, but that still leaves a lot open. Even within that ethnic background, you have a lot of variation to work with. A lot also depends on the mother and which genetic expressions are going to be dominant or recessive. I don’t think you can use Ness as a blueprint, though, because I always saw Bella as a bit of a special case, so to speak. So much of her make up just seems to demonstrate how clearly she was meant to be a vampire that I think her genes were a bit… stronger than another human’s might be against a vampire’s, if that makes sense. In essence, I think you pretty much have carte blanche.

Susie~ Ugh! But, on the bright side, he didn’t have any problem calling you to make sure he got home safe and sound. A step in the right direction, I think, based on some of the things he’s struggled with in the last few months. Hope you had a restful rest of the evening and we’ll look for you tomorrow.

Okay, must be going.

But, as a parting gift... I'll leave a little love. *sigh*
“Directing 7 Cullens at once=herding cats" :ROTFLMAO:
C-Dubs is TwitterRoyalty
Turning Page is Gospel~Ashley=MiniMe~HHBS
marielle
Cliff Diving with Embry

Post by marielle »

I'm even better!!!!!
I'm so productive today!!!!
got my house cleaned, laundry done and.... I BOOKED MY TICKETS TO THE HH-CON....!!!!!!!!!!!

Okay, I'm flying to Toronto on the 7th of June with my BF... we are going to rent a car there and explore the great lakes before heading to Chicago!!!

so the first who is going to cancel is going to get murdered by me!!! you now all have to come!!! NO CANCELLING!!!!!
These violent delights, have violent endings...Like fire and gunpowder, they consume what they kiss

Respect Team Robsten, Proud addict of the halfway house
openfire
Touched By Cold Hands

Post by openfire »

Hey all,

Just spent ages at the shopping centre trying to get my bf a gift for his birthday next month & his Christmas - everything I had in mind was either out of stock, or not in his size!! Aaargh! I ended up impulse buying a couple silly things, that I'm not sure if I will even give him... Typical shopping day, espeically when I got out early from work for it LOL!

To the posts!

Susie - Sorry you had to go collect SonnyBoy & take hime back to college. I bet he felt bad having to ask you for a lift. Hopefully your evening tonight will be a bit more relaxing!

Tracy - Glad you liked the BD stills - they are completely gorgeous!! I cannot wait till the movie companion gets released, so we can have some of the pics from the movie in a proper book format! Any idea on when that will be? I hope they aren't waiting till part 2, and then release a massive BD companion... :?
Yep, just a little over 4 months to go. Eeek!! We still have to get a few things organised actually - I'm starting to panic a little now, and keep thinking if my dress is ok! LOL.
Nope, no egg-eating in the film :( Hopefully there will be some kind of deleted scenes at some point, and we will get to see that scene then!

Marielle - Wow, very busy!! Glad you made the most of your holiday by being productive!
We would like to go to New York, and then off to Florida. Ideally we would be in NY for 4 nights, then Orlando for 10, but it's technically cheaper to do 3 nights then 11, so we might end up doing that. It's pretty confusing trying to decide where is the right place to stay etc. Never been to the US before, so we want to make sure we get somewhere quite nice, but not too expensive, since we will needs loads of spending money!
I completely agree about the first few chapters of book 3 of BD being the best in the series. Even when they Bella does meet Charlie for the first time, I really like too. I love all the little things she is learning to look human to him etc. Plus, SM's writing is at it's best here I think... although I do think NM is writen pretty fantastic as well.
YAY FOR BOOKING YOUR HHCON TICKETS!!! That is totally AWESOME news!! It is defo happening now then eh?? I am sure lots of people will go - unlikely to be me though :( - and I am super jealous of you all! LOL. Is your bf looking forward to it too?

Caryn - I hope you and your friend enjoy BD tomorrow night. Why didn't she read past NM? Did she just go off it?
I'm not sure what they will use at Bella's voice over... I was thinking that they would use some of her thoughts when she is burning, maybe highlighting how painful it actually is, but she knows she must stay still etc. I really want to them to do this part correct!! Like, when she is thinking, and can do the math super fast, and how she sees the additional colour of the rainbow... I know they won't be able to show all of that, but I can hope anyways LOL!

Well, I'm off. Have a great evening folks!

--------

EDIT
Wow, it's so quiet in here tonight!! I have been having a major freak out about wedding things - costs getting very expensive! Feeling a bit better now though about it, but still... it's soooo dear!! We may have to postpone our honeymoon, depending on how much that will be :( Bit rubbish!!
But anyways, thought I would swing by to see if folks were about... Guess I'll catch up with you's later! Won't be on tomorrow, as going to my parents for tea as it is St Andrew's Day! Bye!
Banner by the super talented TammyAZ!
Chernaudi
Tantalizing Men With Rosalie

Post by Chernaudi »

Hi Everyone :)

Jaclyn: Could it be quiet because I only woke up about a half hour ago? Either that, or there's a lot of people still on vacation from Thanksgiving or are just getting back. BTW, I'm not married, and even though I'm sort of interested in the prospect, I don't have a GF, either. What I do know is that weddings are friggin' expensive :(

Caryn: I doesn't help that we only have two hybrids--Nessie and Nahuel, both of whom seem to have names that refer to sea monsters, Nessie the Loch Ness Monster, Nahuel (which means either Tiger or Wildcat in Spanish) refers to Argentina's Loch Ness Monster, what's next, Champ, America's Loch Ness Monster?--to study. And both inherited a ton of characteristics from their mothers. Nessie has Bella's eyes and some of her facial features and is female, while Nahuel inherited his hair and eye color from his mother, as well as the fact that he's fairly short (he's only a bit taller than Kristen is in real life). This is why either Stephanie should write a story about adult Renesmee or just write explicitly what hybrids genetically are instead of general info. Like for instance, will Nessie be average height like Bella or Kristen (5'4"-5'6"), taller (5'7"-5'9"), or really tall (comparable to Edward, 5'10"+) Whose genes dictate that, though I do see that Nessie may be in the middle. Which, of course, would make it a bit awkward for Lily Collins to play grown up Nessie, because only when she's in heels is Lily taller than Kristen--KS is about an inch or so taller than Lily.

This lack of info, though, makes it hard for me to picture adult Nessie or other canonical hybrids in my FF. I even have a version of Bella planned where she becomes a hybrid, something we don't even know if it can happen, but as you said, where FF writers have little to no info, I guess we have to make it up as we go.

Marielle: When I first saw the world "ultrasound", I couldn't help but think "pregnancy" until I read the rest of the sentence. To be honest, I didn't think that an ultrasound would work for that because of the acid in the stomach dissolving a lot of stuff, but I guess it depends on what it is and what not--almost like what I've written about Hybrids above.

Everyone: I'll try and be online a bit more tonight, but it probably--depending on what's on--will mostly be after 2:00 tonight. I have a Nazi UFO conspiracy show on, as well as Nazi Collaborators. I don't know if I'll have fried chicken or soup later, but I have to decided before the Nazi UFO show comes on or around 11:00 or so.

Only Robsten stuff of note is an article at Robstenation that talks about Kristen and Rob as Bella and Edward/their clothing on set and a couple of photos of Kristen and Rob at their apartment. Kinda boring, but that's what film promo is for I guess.

I'll be back later :)
Audi, Twilight, Cher, Pink Floyd, symphonic/progressive rock, KStew, RP, Bio-Booster Armor Guyver-what's not to like

Team Renesmee, Team Bella, Team Edward.

Fan fic stories: http://www.fanfiction.net/u/2192109/
Tornado

Post by Tornado »

Goodness, it sounds like everyone's really busy! Gearing up for Christmas already! And snow! How nice that would be! It's been stinking hot here the past week, although today is not too bad.

I've nearly finished all my Christmas shopping. Only two gifts left to get! I'll be glad when it's done - I hate going to the shops around Christmastime. We've also booked a three night stay at Alexandra Headlands again, so we'll be going up there the week before Christmas. I'm really looking forward to a few days at the beach!

Caryn - I do agree. I've just been writing a few thoughts on Jacob in Explorations (what else is new??). Honestly, though, I'd be happy if he just acknowledged that he'd stuffed up and hurt people and apologised for it.

Sean - we could always name an additional hybrid Ogo Pogo!

marielle - you're so lucky to be going to HH Con!
Susie
Frozen in Time

Post by Susie »

Happy Tuesday, Everyone!
(Well, it is almost Wednesday now)

This catch-up mega post took almost 2 hours!! I'm so slow!

What do you all think about the timing of the release of Breaking Dawn at Thanksgiving time compared to Eclipse in the summer? Personally, it was easier to see it multiple times in the summer. Now we have Christmas shopping to do and there are lots of other good movies coming out now that I’d like to go to if I hadn’t already given my heart to Twilight! The box office didn’t suffer in the summer, but the merch did, I’ll bet. I’m sure the merch will do well for Christmas gifts.

Something really bugging me about the movie (now that I’ve seen it 4 times) – The wedding dream where Edward is actually smiling with blood on his mouth and hands!!! As if Bella would really be worrying about Edward killing people! Sheesh!

Lynne
– Already done with Christmas shopping? Wow! Your holiday sounds lovely. I hope you really do get that extra business, even though it means a lot of work up front! I’m envious of your English friend, too! Rob touched her camera!! Thanks for the optimistic take on the DVD. Congrats on surpassing 1000 posts and all since only June!

Brenda
– Kudos for using the word “tristesse”!! I knew there was a reason I liked you! I hope you are feeling better both emotionally and physically. Of course I read your long post – excellent review. I can’t digest it all and comment on the points right now though. It is rather…. dense.

Suzan
– Congrats on your second viewing!! It does get better, doesn’t it? It gets to the point of pure relaxation. I never felt that way about Eclipse. Too many newborns, I guess.

Brienna
– No need to feel embarrassed. I know I’ve asked those questions before. Remember, we’re like family here! I couldn’t see MR at the wedding, but I’m sure she was there. I saw Wyck.

Lulu
– Your Thanksgiving meal sounds fantastic! What a fun time you had. It’s great that you’re writing in your journals!

NewJen – I totally LMAO-ed at your comment about how the VIP lounge would “work” for you!! Any luck with that lately?

Sean – Interesting discussion on vampire/human hybrids! I hope the pizza was OK for you. It’s terrible that you’ve been feeling so sick lately.

Raine – Please explain jellies in your Starbucks coffee. Do you mean jellies like are in bubble tea? Are we talking iced coffee? It’s Black Friday and I never participate. It is too crazy and too materialistic in my mind. Plus, I don’t have the stamina. Hey – my husband’s company is working on a potential client in Manila! His boss is there right now. I wonder if hubs will ever be sent there! How is your ‘20’s costume coming along? You need a wig and a flapper dress. Wear a glizzy headband.

Jaclyn – Aww! Thanks for saying you miss me at the HH. Thanks for the DVD info – no deleted scenes??? Dang. I’m not surprised about the lack of a Rob and Kris commentary. Those two are just too busy. Last time they were in two different cities taping it. They must have just given up on the idea. Ooops – I just saw what Lynne said about it not being finalized yet. Fingers crossed for deleted scenes. Yes, weddings are expensive. My parents paid for mine, so I guess I was lucky! Can you downscale your Christmas gifts this year? I’d love to meet up with you in either New York or Florida! I’m glad Ginnie is advising you on hotels in Orlando. BabyE is now calling you? Wow – she’s growing up fast!

Tracy – Great catch-up post! Thanks for posting that adorable kitchen pic of Krisella and Robward. Yes. Too bad it didn’t make it into the movie. It’s so cool that you know from personal experience that the Lex gets quiet after one of the movies is released. Have you been on the Lex for all the movie releases? I see you’ve been around here for over 3 years! YIKES!!! I hope you get to sneak out on Thursday for a viewing. Too bad I have to work or I’d join you! HAHAHA If only you lived closer to the airport! Christmas Fes will be at 3pm Central Time on Sunday. I’ll try to find a link for you.

Tonise
– You may not read ever read this since you’re fasting from the Lex, but thanks for telling me when Neighbors is used. That makes 3 on the soundtrack that are used at the wedding reception. I'm glad your mom is doing better.

Marielle
– I’m glad you’re getting your stomach checked out. I know it’s unrelated, but the way you felt Saturday morning has me worried about you! Severe headaches can be serious. Did you see a doctor for that too? I may have missed something you posted. Yay for booking your tix to HHCON!! You know I’ll be there. Mass transit – it depends on the city. Chicago is huge and is a great mass transit city – trains, buses. Did you get your passport/visa question answered regarding Netherlands to Canada and then to the U.S.? I forgot to answer your question – Daughter Dear like the movie a lot. Her favorite thus far.

Caryn – Yep. Sonny always calls me about everything which is good because then I know what is going on and it shows how close he is to me, but bad because it makes me a nervous wreck! All in all, he has woken up and smelled the proverbial coffee. I loved your family Twilight/Rob story from the weekend! Score!!! Your bro will soon be whistling another tune…Snow? Looks like we’ll stay in a drought while all the snow goes south of us for the next couple of weeks. Strange, eh?

Rachel
– Welcome back into the fold! You just need to see it again. You’ll like it better. We’ve all been raving about it here the past week and a half.

Amy – I love your scheme for getting to the movie again with your mom!! My daughter is in one of the 5 choirs at St. Olaf. It is a college known for its music program. The Christmas Fest is 100 years old this year. It’s so beautiful – all the singers are exactly together. The orchestra is at least as good as a professional orchestra. They do it as a sort of worship service/concert with some readings of the Christmas story. The audience gets to sing a few Christmas Carols/Hymns too and we actually sound good because genetically, we are related to the singers or alumni who were singers in past years! Sonny Boy will take a January Term class and then Spring term too. By then he’ll know if college is for him or if he should try another path. Thanks for asking.

OK. Definitely time to get to bed, hit the hay.

Nighty Night!
Tornado

Post by Tornado »

Susie - yeah, I had exactly the same impression on Bella's dream. I said on my review (I think just on the youtube one) that I thought she should have been the one with blood on her mouth. That would have made more sense to me.

Jaclyn - one way to do weddings a little cheaper is just to have an afternoon tea instead of a sitdown dinner. That's what we did. This also mean we were able to get away for the honeymoon a little earlier (we left the reception about 7.30 pm), and we were able to have more friends attend. I didn't think we lacked anything doing it that way. In fact, it made it nicer because more people we cared about were there.