Rob's Halfway House - #9

Off-Topic Forum for things having nothing to do with Twilight or the entertainment industry

Moderators: bac, cullengirl, una, Nena

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
marielle
Cliff Diving with Embry

Re: Rob's Halfway House - #9 **OPEN FOR SPOILERS**

Post by marielle »

Good morning everybody!!!

Yep, I’m back at work again… sadly I just had one day off in the middle of the week… but I’m free on Friday as well. So just 2 more days…

I’m not really in the right mood to do a lot of work… I got a cold and am sniffling around. I hope it will get better during the day because I really want to make it to the gym today…

I’m really excited that I have booked my tickets but nervous about it as well, I have never flown that far…but I got a really good deal, it was only 266euro… which is cheaper than a ticket to Rome…

Hey, did you guys see the Dutch President visiting Obama… what did you think of our Mark?
Seriously that guy is good, when the whole EU is in panic about the Euro he is of to a big Trance festival, saying that’s for the financial department to deal with, I’m not going to breath down their necks now

Now posts…

Caryn, Rob doesn’t seem the type that receives a useful gift and than not use it…I can imagine him not having a working watch and thinking, aw hell I use that one…
Hihi, here in Holland you have 2 sports packages for tv, one is with all the matches in the national competition and the other is with all the international soccer matches and other sports… I wanted the second on because of the Olympic games next summer but I knew my bf wanted the other one, so he has now the first one until the season end and than we will take the second package for the summer season…

Jaclyn, we are having the same issue, neither of us have been in the US before so I’m totally trusting my HH-family and my dad and his travelling experience. We already bought travel guides for the region so we will be prepared a bit..
I believe my bf is looking forward to going to the US as well… maybe not so much about the HH-con but he really loves to travel…and for the first time ever we are going to a country where we can understand and speak the language… make traveling a lot easier…
Don’t worry too much about the money around your wedding, you only do it once and you can’t take it with you when you die so it’s better to keep the economy going…

Sean, NO!!! no pregnancy here… please god no!!! I’m no good with kids, I never wanted them and sure ain’t gonna start now…No, the ultrasound was to check if I didn’t have some thing very bad going on because my stomach can’t seem to deal with bread and potatoes very well, we thought it was an allergy but it isn’t either…back at square one I have to figure our what else it can be…

Lynne, it did cost me a lot of nagging with my bf… but we make it a summer holiday…checking off one country from the wish list…

Susie, thanks for worrying about me but I don’t think it’s necessary, I have asked the doc about the headaches a few years ago, he thinks they are sugar related… when my sugar level gets to high as it tends to do with all the candy around this season my body can’t handle the stress of processing the sugar and results in stress related muscles pain in neck and back and with that headache… also that it’s cold outside doesn’t work…. Solution! Stay away from the sugar and do you exercises… (which I both forgot…)
Oh, yes we will travel in Chicago with public transport but I meant from Toronto to Chicago… we have been thinking about doing it by train but that is not going to work…
Yeah, I got some answers, with my meds it won’t be an issue, the only thing I still have to ask is flying on a one-way ticket to Toronto if that’s going to be an issue. But we plan on renting a car from here so I don’t think it will be an issue if we show our plan for the trip…

Some Rob news… it seems that his holiday is over… after spending a week or so in London he is back on American soil…Kris did seemed pretty sad in London yesterday when Rob left... I feel very sorry for her... alone in London during this season, I hope she is going home soon or Rob is going back to London soon

Okay, this scene makes me laugh every time I see it

Happy HUMP day

See you all tonight!!!!
These violent delights, have violent endings...Like fire and gunpowder, they consume what they kiss

Respect Team Robsten, Proud addict of the halfway house
Chernaudi
Tantalizing Men With Rosalie

Post by Chernaudi »

Hi everyone :)

In case you wanted to know, it's now snowing here.

Susie: Well, that's what happens when there are plot holes, or simply things that aren't fully explained. I went on some TV tropes site, and I looked up the Twilight Saga and Guyver on there, and while that site criticizes (sort of unfairly but they have a bit of a point at the same time) Stephanie for not doing the research on vampire lore (their point being that she doesn't explain some things clearly to the point where we're sometimes left with more questions than answers), Guyver creator and writer Yoshiki Takaya goes out of his way to explain things the best he can in the Guyver comics and other media, to the point where he often repeats himself (which is understandable considering that due to him handling all he writing and most of the illustrating himself and battling off and on illness the past few years, only one compilation volume of Guyver gets released a year typically).

But Twilight and Guyver do have one big story thing in common, but for different reasons. Twilight has quite a few loose ends, enough are tied so that Stephanie can end the story there, but enough are left lose so she can resume when she feels like it. Whether or not that's intentional or not, I don't know. As for Guyver, it's an ongoing manga dating back to 1985, and why it seems unfinished is because it's well, unfinished. Takaya is still writing it, but for the reasons I've mentioned, it takes a while for new volumes to be published in whole. But as I said, one does leave some loose ends, while the other explains himself almost to a fault. Go figure.

Everyone: Rob's back in LA but without Kristen, while Architectural Digest published an article about BD production design where on of the production crew has said that Kristen and Rob are a couple. I don't know why outing them has become the hot thing--I do think that they still appreciate it if people wouldn't do that, but then again, Kristen herself said that "it's obvious" and Rob has said similar comments recently, but I don't think that should be an open door to out them. The photos and article are at Robstenation.

As I said, it is snowing and it cooling off, so I might be headed to be fairly soon.

I'll be back later :)
Audi, Twilight, Cher, Pink Floyd, symphonic/progressive rock, KStew, RP, Bio-Booster Armor Guyver-what's not to like

Team Renesmee, Team Bella, Team Edward.

Fan fic stories: http://www.fanfiction.net/u/2192109/
smitten_by_twilight
Hiding Lauren's Hair Dye

Post by smitten_by_twilight »

Hi sibs! Nice quiet Tuesday, eh? Ooh - Wednesday now - Happy Hump Day!

So my friend who is into vampires in general has called to invite me to see BD1 this weekend. I sucked it up and told hubby boy she invited me to see a movie with her, and he smirked and asked what movie, and I smirked and said BD1. And he didn't fuss at me. I'm flabbergasted! Happy, but flabbergasted. So I'm getting my second viewing!

Amy - I just finished Swirl and Daisy up to current - drat these really good WIPs. So I was happy to see your recs. Thanks!

Brienna - It was easy to see MR, SM, and Wyck in the stills. The shot is so fast in the movie that it's really hard to see them. I'm pretty sure they were there, though. Gosh I can't wait for the DVD!

Caryn - That was a wonderful Thanksgiving story! What a great time with your family, and I'm glad that your BrotherDear could stay openminded about Rob. He really is pretty good at what he does. Did you give thanks for having so many Twifans in your family?

Jaclyn - What is a blether? You used the term a couple posts ago - typo or word? You sound like you have a wonderful honeymoon planned. I lived in NYC for 6 years. If you stay in the city itself, and not the outlying towns, you will probably want to stay in midtown. It is central to everything, populated at all hours so that you can feel safe coming back even walking at 3 am, and hopefully, not too ridiculously pricey. Tons of public transit. Too far uptown or downtown, and neighborhoods are less safe. I hope you find something good. In the States, instead of an afternoon tea, some folks will have a drink and dessert service ... which is probably really the same idea. My friend did that, it was lovely.

Lynne - I felt a sudden desire to fly to England and meet your friend who got the pic with Rob. WOW. Maybe I could lurk outside his apartment .... Bad Brenda! No stalking daydreams! Er ... well, lucky friend, anyway.

Marielle - Yay for HHCon tix! I have relayed your death threat to my hubby boy, who sadly was not impressed. But I suspect I will be there anyway. You asked about ticket pricing in the US; in AZ, and I think most elsewhere, mainstream movies are first released into full-price theatres. One that is expected to be big, like the last Pirates movie, may refuse to accept coupons or discounts for the first couple weeks, although they will have separate pricing for adults, children, and seniors. Then they offer a slightly lower-priced ticket for the first show, or all shows before about dinnertime. Eventually the movie moves into theatres that offer tickets for about a third the cost, and here those theaters are older ones that have not been updated as recently. Then they go to DVD! Hmm ... the Economist has been Tweeting about concerns about the Euro ... I can't tell whether you really approve of the Dutch pres chilling while the euro goes down, or whether you think he should be more focused on finances.

Sean - Yay for snow! Feel free to send some here. (High in 70s or 80s today.) Even just a dusting for Christmas morning would be nice.

Susie - It's great that you have such a close relationship with Sonny Boy and he can come to you. What do you think he might do, if not college? You're right, the dream about smiling, bloody Edward was wierd, but not too much wierder than the dreams in the book. They do set it up with the flashback scene. But I guess it does kind of further set us up for Saint Jacob stuff. Do I correctly understand that your husband does not think that you are obsessed with Twilight? Can he talk to mine? Sometime I have to sit down and vent .... And thanks for understanding my use of "tristesse."

Tonise - I don't think you'll see this. But I really support your internet fasting, and I know that you will grow in God during this time! Maybe I can borrow your idea for Lent - I don't think I could give up everything, but I could give up fanfic. *moan of distress* BTW, thanks for reminding me of the link to yours, I will try it.

Tracy - Always wonderful to hear from you, hon. I agree with you that I would have been happier if Bella had not been left on that examining table, but I think Rob, Nikki, and Peter would have had a hard time carrying her.

Late late at night. Going to bed with some fanfic now, back to the grind tomorrow. Love and hugs!
My FanFiction Page ~ Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery
Proud Halfway House Cousin Sister! - Team Alice Celebrity Chef - Seeing the future since 1901
Tornado
Member: LaPush Cliff Diving Team

Post by Tornado »

Brenda - *sigh*, yeah me too! Although Rob's in America now, isn't he? Glad you're getting your second viewing! I should be going for the second time this Saturday, too!
dazzel21
Red-Eyed Vampire

Post by dazzel21 »

Good Evening Ladies!!! At least for me :D

Middle of the week already. Tomorrow's the 1st day of December. How time flies...

It's holiday for us today and my cousins as well as my aunt and uncle babysat my baby niece for us. They come and get her last night and she won't be home until tomorrow, or until Sunday if they don't feel like returning her yet :lol: . It's great to have a my aunt/nanny day off but I do miss the little bugger. Anyways, done a little Christmas shopping today. I spent my 3 hours in total torture inside the mall. I hate Christmas shopping but I love my family too much that I tried to brave the throngs of people at the mall. I finally got my eldest nephew what he asked for Christmas. I bought him the first 2 books of Twilight. I'm quite jealous actually I wanted the white Christmas edition for myself. Wonder if he'd trade it with my black edition :twisted: . I only need 2 more Christmas gift, 1 for my baby niece and 1 for my younger nephew and I'm officially done with the damned Christmas shopping.

Moving on...

Lynne - I hope you get your second viewing this weekend. We twi-hards are never satisfied with just 1 screening, we just have to watch it over and over again to see what we missed on the 1st one.

Brenda - Yay for 2nd viewing!

Marielle - Congrats for scoring the tickets to the HHCon. It's going to be a blast for all you ladies who's attending. Hope you get over your colds. Is the temperature starting to go down there? It's still mighty hot here in Manila...blegh.

Susie - The jellies in my Starbucks Coffee Jelly is just like the pearls in bubble tea in texture, although they are cut into small rectangular bite sizes. And nope its not iced its a frappucino, yummy. Weird, but I thought Starbucks around the world has the same standard drinks, I guess not. Oh here's some picture. It's so cool if your husband's company started partnership with companies here in Manila. Maybe you and your husband could come visit once it was pushed through. It's not a bad place for a vacation if you don't mind the heat during dry season or monsoon rain during wet season :lol: . I got some fairly good ideas for my 1920's dress, according to my research its all about pearls and the brimless hats and :lol: . No wigs for me though.

Jaclyn - Hope you find the perfect Christmas and Birthday gift for your bf. Awww don't worry too much about the costs for your wedding. It's all going to be alright.

Everyone else I've missed :wave: .

Back to work tomorrow. I'll see you all next time.
Laters.

EDIT Got a new rank "Red-Eyed Vampire". Cool, I'm a newborn vamp now...
"Because each and every one of us needs our own personal brand of heroine."
~Team Edward Forever~
Jazz Girl
Making beautiful music with Edward as only I can

Post by Jazz Girl »

Good morning siblings!! I'm kind of excited today because I get to take one of my girlfriends from work to see BD1 tonight!! I had to laugh. Hubs and I were going over schedules last night and he says, "We'll we're both home tomorrow, so ..." and I had to pop in and say, "oh no, I've got a date with Kerry and Rob tomorrow, remember?" He kind of smirks and says, "that's right. You go have date night with Kerry and Rob and I'll take care of supper and homework." Gods I love my husband. :lol:

So, in honor of my next viewing...

Happy Hump Day!!

Marielle~ YAY!!!! No worries on the cancelling. I think we’re all too excited. I think the watch throws me because we’ve never seen him wear one before, ever. There’s just something very… I don’t know. It just draws my attention. Maybe it reminds me of his cuff, who knows? I don’t think Rob’s back in town for long, honestly. He packed very lightly. So, I’m hoping this is a very brief visit to LA and then back home for the holidays. Yes, I kind of adore that scene as well. I think the best part is the total smirk on KrisElla’s face, like she’s giving herself a little internal fist bump.

Jaclyn~ But, on the up side, you got out of work early to go shopping. Good luck finding BF his gifts. They can be horribly difficult to shop for. I can completely understand the wedding freak out. It just gets overwhelming at times. But, just try to remember, in the end it is about you and him and celebrating that. Everything else is just details.

Sean~ It’s kind of the gift and the curse of SM’s writing at the same time. It’s very general, which allows readers to truly identify with characters and make the fictional world so rich in their heads. But, when you are trying to do anything concrete with it, you are sorely limited. I read parts of the article you were talking about. I’m kind of torn about it. On the one hand, I agree that it isn’t anyone else’s place to comment on it. But, on the other hand, in reading the article, the production designer was answering the question he was asked, which was what it was like working with the cast. I don’t know. In context, his comments made sense to me.

Lynne~ I absolutely love the snow. I seem to be a bit odd in that. I am jealous that you’re that close to done with your shopping. While I’ve made a serious dent in mine, I’m nowhere near done. Hmmm, I don’t know if I’d be happy, but it would go a very long way toward at least showing me he’d learned something.

Susie~ I’m honestly not sure about the summer vs holiday release. We know that they went for the November release with BD1 because they knew it wouldn’t be ready for the major summer market. But, I wonder about the repeat box office effects. I have to wonder if Summit is at least acknowledging that “older” (translated older than 14) women do, in fact, make up a massive part of the audience and perhaps can attend daytime showings when the kids are in school? My greater issue is the fact that they kept the November timing for BD2. To me, it would make so much more sense if they moved BD2 to a summer 2012 release instead of keeping a full year between the releases. I don’t know that I interpreted the wedding dream in the same way. I looked at it in relation to Edward’s own fear of what he’d been and reaction to what he’d told her about his rebellious days, as opposed to her own fear of him. I’m giving BrotherDear until the release of Cosmopolis and if he’s still being a total tool, then we’ll have a strongly worded discussion.

Brenda~ YAY!!! Maybe he’s coming around after all. Yes, amongst the many things I have to be thankful for is the fact that I’m surrounded by people who share my crazy just a little.

Raine~ Aww, that’s sweet. Well, at least enjoy your day off and take care of yourself a little. Ooooh, I love the white covers! I haven’t seen those before! What an awesome gift. Congrats on your new status! Here’s hoping we get your eyes turned a beautiful golden very quickly :lol:

Okay, off to work with me. I kind of love the fact that I have tasks I can do to ease into my day while posting. It makes life so much more enjoyable!
“Directing 7 Cullens at once=herding cats" :ROTFLMAO:
C-Dubs is TwitterRoyalty
Turning Page is Gospel~Ashley=MiniMe~HHBS
openfire
Touched By Cold Hands

Post by openfire »

Just swinging by for a sec to say Happy St Andrews Day!! (sorry for the brightness of the photo LOL!). ActionRob is a tricky person to photograph, since he really does sparkle, but I hope you can see the kilt & flag ok! LOL.

And also.. Happy Hump Day! :)

We're just heading to my parents now - they are making us haggis, neeps & tatties - yum!

I will catch up on posts tomorrow hopefully!

Until then - see ya!
Banner by the super talented TammyAZ!
Suzan
Hiding Lauren's Hair Dye

Post by Suzan »

Hey guys,

Sorry I've been kinda MIA the last few days, I've just been feeling a little... bleh. I'm irritated, frustrated and stressed out that I still don't know anything about my grade and the possibility of starting my master. I planned on having it all figured out and starting by December 1st and guess what? That's tomorrow and I haven't even gotten to the first step: getting my grade. And it's not like I can do anything about it; my teacher just doesn't want to hurry up already! :rant: Plus when I got back in my home in Leiden on Monday, I found out the tv connection doesn't work anymore, which apparently I can't fix without my roommates, my landlord, my upstairs neighbours and the tv-company all on the same page... Anyways, I've also been a little sick-ish lately. You know, I feel like cr**, but just not quite bad enough to have a justified excuse for staying in bed. Plus I'm having a migrane at the moment, so I'll be going to bed after I finish this (it's 7:15pm). :banghead: (That looks like a good idea right now, banging my head into a wall. If only I didn't already have a headache...)

Anyways, I didn't come here to whine, there are plenty of worse things in the world. I just wanted to let you know where I've been. Sorry I don't really feel like doing a long catch-up post. Hopefully things will be better by the end of the week and I'll make a post tomorrow or Friday.

Love you all! Here's a little HumpDay appreciation for you:
The look on his face... sigh...
I can't believe how many Isle Esme stills we've seen that didn't make it into the movie. :cry: (P.S. Caryn, ever since I've read your review of BD I wanted to post this pic for you (though I'm sure you've seen it before). I think you'll like the very bottom of this pic. ;) )
FF profile: Suzqnv5689
Susie
Frozen in Time

Post by Susie »

Hi Everyone!

HAPPY HUMP DAY! I don’t have time to find a pic, especially because now there are just too many to choose from!

I’m trying for an earlier post to keep caught up. I’m squeezing it in while I’m still at work, in between the paperwork.

I’ve planned another viewing with my friend from 7th Grade (from the Birthday party 2 viewings night). We’re going to sneak in a 1pm show next Tuesday. I will literally have to run out of my classroom when I’m done teaching to get there. That makes it feel especially decadent!

Jaclyn – Happy St. Andrews Day!! I’d love to join you for Haggis, Neeps and Tatties! And you know that I’m serious about that!

Caryn – That’s a better way to think of the dream – as it is Edward’s fear. Thanks. Now I can handle it better next time. Yay for such an understanding hubs! Enjoy your night out tonight. You’re right about the moms being able to sneak away to the cinema when the kids are in school. It’s been so long since I had to find a babysitter! Waiting a whole year for BD2 - I wonder how much unleaked material will be left at that point. One pro for that date – I can have another birthday party! So what if it will be two days before – close enough!

Suzan – I would bet actual money that you will get a good grade, so relax. You’ll feel so much better after a good night’s sleep. Keep us posted.

Raine - What is the holiday today? That’s so cool that you got the first two books of Twilight for your nephew and that he actually asked for that! Coffee Jellies at Starbucks. Thanks for the pic! Americans just aren’t ready for that yet. Only a few people even know about bubble tea. (I happen to be extra cool and hip) I know about jellies – I’ve tried them but they are too sweet for me, I prefer pearls. Yum.

Brenda – Caryn and I actually love to use big words and give each other extra credit for them – you can join us since you used the aforementioned word ‘tristesse’ so eloquently. By the way, Word spell check doesn’t recognize it since it is a French word. What a lame spell check! Spell check notwithstanding, it is a fabulous word. Enough of that. Congrats on getting the green light to go see BD1 this weekend! My husband thinks that I am silly and on the verge of obsession although he realizes that I’m actually more obsessed with the HH Group itself rather than the content! Too true. I’m such a social butterfly! I think hubs is secretly envious because he doesn’t have nearly as much fun as I have!! Ask your husband if he is having enough fun in life. In other words, “Don’t knock it until you’ve tried it!”

Sean
– I’m impressed that Architectural Digest did an article about Breaking Dawn production design. I’ll have to peruse that at Barnes and Noble (without buying it, of course).

Lynne - I really enjoyed your youtube review – I said so on another thread, but I don’t know if you saw that. I was impressed with your well articulated and presented review! You go girl! Now I do remember you saying something about the dream.

Marielle
– You get SO many days off work! You’d absolutely hate to work in the U.S. Did you get the border control questions answered? Toronto to Chicago – can you rent a car and then ditch it once you get to the northern suburbs of Chicago and then return it and switch to mass transit? You really should ask Sandy for advice on a good place to do the switch.

Hubs and I have a date after work today – dinner and the Swedish Institute, a weathly Swede’s early 19th century mansion all decorated for Christmas – a room for each Scandinavian country.

Catch you later!
Chernaudi
Tantalizing Men With Rosalie

Post by Chernaudi »

Hi everyone :)

Yes, for those of you who are wondering, there's still some snow on the ground--most of it melted away because of temperatures being slightly above freezing and the sun being out most of today. It's only gonna be like 25 tonight in Mansfield, and it's usually about 5-10 degrees colder than there where I live.

Caryn: You're right, but as I said, there are times where I and other FF writers wish that we had a little more info about things that we see leaving holes where we don't know if we're sticking to canon or not. Then again, if Stephanie worked from a "it's my story, characters, world and it's my rules", and if Mr. Takaya did so, too, maybe us FF writers should be allowed to take some liberties where we think there are gaps to bridge.

And have you heard about the Indy Car management shake up? Well, I'm happy, and Robin Miller probably is, too.

Everyone: There's a new show on tonight called "Triggers: Weapons that Changed the World", and it's basically a firearms history show. Of course, it might not tell me anything new, having researched this stuff and others about weapons and vehicles during World War II and stuff, but it seems to be an interesting show. There's also 1-2 Ancient Aliens episodes that I might catch, too, while eating some pasta and/or soup tonight.

Other than that, it might be the normal fair of playing PS2 games and maybe going to bed early--I also think part of why I've been sick and tired a lot recently (and I'm fine now, BTW) is rapid weather changes--those used to really bother my mother, especially air pressure changes. They gave her bad headaches, and that used to happen to me a lot too.

I'll also try and get online between shows and stuff to check in here, but it'll probably be on the old laptop here in the kitchen--my little brother will likely hijack this laptop and take it to bed with him. Sort of makes me wish I had a newer one all to myself.

And what does everyone think of these people outing Kristen and Rob like what the BD set producer did? I know that K&R have referenced things to their relationship without outright saying it, but I think that they'd appreciate it if people weren't saying all of those things, and it seems that because Kristen and Rob don't really work with them anymore, that it's sort of a blank check to do so, which I don't really see as right or fair. But then again, Kristen and Rob know that they can't really control it, and even BC accidentally admitted possibly to them being together in an interview.

And I wonder how KS will be doing in what is probably a fairly cool London at night without Rob there? Well, Kristen, I'm available :twisted: However, she'd probably think I'm a bit of a freak and such. But what's really freaky is what someone posted on Robstenation as a comment to the article talking about K&R's costumes, talking about how Kristen either sleeps in PJs or, well, rather less clothing :? I basically do think that Kristen's not too far off of what Bella or Melinda in Speak had for sleepwear. But still, it seems that she's lost her cuddling partner for a few days :( But I'm willing to volunteer to fill in :twisted: but I do think that she'd think that I'm not as good as Rob ;)

And if you think that this is a Kristen/Robsten love fest, I haven't left Rob out because he has the honor of having a Japanese war plane named after him--and he's the only one of the major Twilight cast to have that distinction of sharing his name with the Allied code name for a Japanese aircraft: The Kawasaki Ki-64 "Rob":

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kawasaki_Ki-64

http://www.aviastar.org/air/japan/kawasaki_ki-64.php

I'll be back later :)
Audi, Twilight, Cher, Pink Floyd, symphonic/progressive rock, KStew, RP, Bio-Booster Armor Guyver-what's not to like

Team Renesmee, Team Bella, Team Edward.

Fan fic stories: http://www.fanfiction.net/u/2192109/