Rob's Halfway House - #9

Off-Topic Forum for things having nothing to do with Twilight or the entertainment industry

Moderators: bac, cullengirl, una, Nena

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
older_twilight_fan
Lusting for Blood
Location: Somewhere in Louisiana, praying that Summit won't "fade to black" in Breaking Dawn

Re: Rob's Halfway House - #9

Post by older_twilight_fan »

Hello everyone~

Thanks for the concern and well wishes for my Mom. She started a new antibiotic and seems to be feeling better and has her mouth pain under control. She was a little drowsy last night from pain meds and general fatigue, and I'm glad I spent the night just to make sure she was okay. The funniest thing from last night......the TV was turned on with the volume down really low as I was reading Breaking Dawn. My Mom was back in her bathroom putting on PJ's, and she suddenly walked back into the den, changed the TV channel, turned up the volume and said, “Isn't that your boyfriend?” :rotfl: It was Rob's appearance on David Letterman, which I had totally forgotten about yesterday. I love that even when a bit loopy from pain meds, my Mom could figure out who Rob was and remember that I'm somewhat obsessed with him. :D

Happy Birthday Kayla!

I bought the Breaking Dawn soundtrack last night and listened on my way to and from work today. I am totally in love with most of it and think it might end up being my favorite, overall. I'm such a dork that I even took notes on the individual songs while my son and I were waiting to pick up my daughter at basketball tonight. ;)

The lyrics to several of these songs are perfectly fitting for Edward and Bella, and help truly convey the depth of their love and devotion to one another. It seems as if this is the first soundtrack where the words, and not just the melodies of many of the songs accurately reflect the themes and tone of the story. I have to remind myself that we'll only hear snippets of most of these songs due to time constraints, and the presence of the movie score. But it'll be a lot of fun to see what song goes with which scene, and I'm grateful we have the opportunity to purchase the soundtrack early to familarize ourselves with the music before November 18th.

Random notes on some individual songs:

Love Will Take You~ I think this one has a cool sound with a great beat. Caryn (or someone else with musical experience), is that a French horn I keep hearing, or some other instrument whose lovely notes permeate throughout much of the song? The female voice reminded me of whats-her-name who sang “Possibility” in New Moon. I also liked the simple lyrics and see this as an Edward/Bella song. With the slightly funky vibe, could this one be played during some of the street festival scenes in Brazil?

It Will Rain~ This song continues to grow on me, in spite of the fact that I believe it will probably end up being an emo, angsty version of Jacob's pity party, as far as his “loss” of Bella is concerned. :? It just seems like there are too many references to the “sunlight” and “rain” for it not to be a song about Jake, although the bit about “never be your mother's favorite” could refer to Edward, instead. Is there any chance this one could be played to a montage of scenes involving both Edward and Jake, in their interactions with Bella?

Turning Page~ This song is lovely with gorgeous lyrics that couldn't be more perfect for Edward and Bella, and will probably be my fave song from this soundrack. I could almost picture this song playing quietly as Edward watches Bella sleep on their honeymoon.

From Turning Page, 2nd verse:

Your love is my turning page
Only the sweetest words remain

Every kiss is a cursive line
Every touch is a redefining phrase
I surrender who I've been for who you are
Nothing makes me stronger than your fragile heart
If I had only felt how it feels to be yours
I would have known what I've been living for all along

What I've been living for

This will be Bella, when she wakes up on her honeymoon as Edward's softly humming that song to her.... :swoon:
This will be me, after seeing that song played during the movie.... :cry:

A Thousand Years~ Absolutely love it, as everyone else does....enough said. I'm hoping to hear this one when Bella walks down the aisle, or as she walks towards a waiting Edward's arms in the ocean on their wedding night. I wouldn't be surprised it it's replayed during the ending credits too, if only so we can hear all the lyrics in their entirety.

Neighbors and I Didn't Mean It~ These seemed just a bit out of place, although I kind of liked the hip hop sound of the first one. The second song was pretty angry and angst-filled.....could it be played somewhere during scenes of wolf pack antics and dynamics?

Sister Rosetta~ I still don't like this one, and especially don't like where it will be played in the movie. I think it's too chaotic and frenetic to be played while Bella's preparing herself for her wedding night. I'm afraid this song will take us out of the scene and distract us from Kristen Stewart's vulnerable and emotional performance at this point of the story. :? Maybe the song will be playing on the radio in the bedroom, but then Bella will became annoyed and frustated with it and suddenly turn off the radio to shut up the noise...one can only hope.

Northern Lights~ I like the joyous and carefree sound of this song. Could it be played during some of the blissful Edward and Bella moments on the honeymoon?

Flightless Bird~ Beautiful.....keeping fingers crossed we hear this one during E/B's first dance at the wedding as a sweet nod to the lovely prom scene in Twilight. I love the sort of soulful, jazzy, swing vibe to this newer version.

Requiem on Water~ Also lovely....very contemplative with gorgeous harmonies

Cold and Llovera each sound somewhat haunting and sad.....perhaps played somewhere later in Bella's pregnancy when things are looking pretty bleak?

Love, Death, Birth~ It's good to hear Carter Burwell again, and hearing the strains of the Twilight score and Bella's Lullaby woven throughout this piece is such a wonderful way to show how Edward and Bella have come full circle.

I hope to check back in tonight or tomorrow morning to respond to everyone's posts before I get too far behind. ;)
Banner by TammyAZ
Tornado
Member: LaPush Cliff Diving Team

Post by Tornado »

Susie - I'm pretty sure Rob's seen the final cut, so I take that if he says there's no sparkling, then it means there's no sparkling.

Christina - *sigh* another MTV interview I CAN'T WATCH! Hubby won't be home until late tonight, so I don't know if he'll be able to fix it up so I can watch it then. If not, I'll have to wait until tomorrow night. :rant:

Tracy - Glad your mother's a bit better!

Llovera has appeared in one of the clips we have seen (I don't want to say which one for the sake of those who are trying to avoid spoilers) so we already know where that is going to be placed (Jack Morrisey confirmed it to a fan). I'm still not convinced that It Will Rain will be in the scene where Bella's dancing with Jake, although admittedly the lyrics of a song are usually not too significant as far as placement goes. They're more concerned with the sound and how it works in with the scene. I'm pretty sure I Didn't Mean It will be used either when Jake is going to find out that Bella is back or when he goes to the Cullen house. Something to do with Jake, anyway. Let's face it, those lyrics scream of him so much that I think the song would be inappropriate coupled with anything else!

I think I'm going to like this soundtrack the best of all of them so far. I have asked for an iTunes card for Christmas so hopefully I will be able to get it then.

I have heard a couple of things about the movie that have made me nervous this week, but this is probably a good thing, as I don't want to go in there with my hopes up too high. Better to be expecting disappointment and be pleasantly surprised by liking it! I wish I could go to a real premiere!
marielle
Cliff Diving with Embry

Post by marielle »

Good morning everybody!!!!

6 days left!!!!
And I’ve got tickets for two nights now…I’m going to the midnight premiere and than only a short 15 hours later again with my mom…and hopefully the day after that again with some friends…

Next week I’ll be in Rob heaven!!! So please don’t blame if weird things come from me…

Paula, I‘m sure I can find you as you will sit only two chairs away from me… but I’ll take my phone with me just in case… I hope you’ll be able to sit so long..

Paula & Suzan, I just saw this morning that Rob will be on a interview with “van der Vorst ziet sterren”, from what I have seen it will be a awkward and stupid interview because the guy couldn’t think of original questions but maybe we can just stare at Rob…

Caryn, it is that we get beautiful pictures but I won’t watch Letterman, I just don’t like him…I don’t like his questions and he does have the tendency to place comments where they shouldn’t be…
I’m sure your hub will think of us as completely insane if you ask that… not to mention the face of my bf when I tell him there is a support group for partners…hihi…
I saw that still, what do you think, the dance after the Dog? Or just before the first kiss…

Lynne, we can just say that we still feel like teenage girls… I mean they won’t listen anyway…

Susie, though I’m using lots, I’m in general against meds, so I’m really proud of you and your son to try with out it… here in Holland it is a discussion topic at the moment, our government wants to get rid of so many kids using meds when there is an other solution. Though the other solution asks much more from the parents, the MP’s wants to save money on meds and says that with a good discipline and coaching a lot of kids can do without meds…I tend to agree, though I’m sure you are not one of them, there are a lot of parents only focused on their job and me-time and just say ‘give the kid a pill so it is quiet’…
I’m sure that your son will do well once he is completely used to the routine and all…

Rachel, congrats on getting a boy…over here there are mainly girls being born…I’m sure you’ll find a good name for him…

Suzan, I think it’s only fair to have a Stewart day… Sunday sounds perfect…
I tried to listen to Q as much as I could but I only heard it 2 times…I was a bit bumped that it was so late…Yes, the soundtrack is released but I don’t know if it’s already available here… I’m sure going to look for it this weekend…

Tracy, I really have to get the soundtrack later this week…I’m curious to hear what you are writing about…

I’ve got to stop typing, yesterday I spend my evening on Fanfic and my hand is very painful from all the typing…it will get some rest today I hope…
:wave:
These violent delights, have violent endings...Like fire and gunpowder, they consume what they kiss

Respect Team Robsten, Proud addict of the halfway house
Chernaudi
Tantalizing Men With Rosalie

Post by Chernaudi »

Hi Everyone :)

Aside from getting sidetracked by Marielle's KS SWatH post, I just got done watching a show called Nadia G's B****in' Kitchen (and yes, that's the name of the show--I wonder if Kristen's seen it?) on the Cooking Channel. It seems maybe to be a show that Rob can maybe watch with Kristen, since she's obsessed with cooking shows. Kinda makes one wonder how she made it up to Chris for whacking 'im on set--you know, the infamous punch that knocked him flat on his you know what.

Marielle: I do hope that Rob got an easier time of things with Jimmy than he had with Dave the Dirtbag--Jeremy Clarkson would've been a better interview. Not that Jeremy knows more about Twilight, but Jeremy's actually funny. It's pretty clear that you know about Letterman's game, and it's like when Kristen made her comment about driving from London to Russia. You'd think that if he watched Top Gear enough times and having a good automotive resource in racing legend (and fellow Ohioan) Bobby Rahal, with whom he co-owns the Rahal/Letterman/Lanigan Indy Car and ALMS teams, he'd know about the Chunnel, the Eurostar trains, and ferries.

Maybe he needs a ride in a Mustang, and I'm not talking about the Ford product, but what it was named after.

PS: anyone that can help--how do I make a clickable link like what Marielle for example made in her previous post?

I'll check back later, but as it's a cold, windy night, I'll probably be going to bed fairly soon. I'll be back in a little while :)
Last edited by Chernaudi on Thu Nov 10, 2011 4:45 am, edited 4 times in total.
Audi, Twilight, Cher, Pink Floyd, symphonic/progressive rock, KStew, RP, Bio-Booster Armor Guyver-what's not to like

Team Renesmee, Team Bella, Team Edward.

Fan fic stories: http://www.fanfiction.net/u/2192109/
marielle
Cliff Diving with Embry

Post by marielle »

Sean, you know, I would love to see Rob as a guest on Top Gear...like you said Jeremy would do an awesome interview and I would love to hear Rob swear as he tries to drive that car around the track...
I'm sure would be clued to the tv...

Oh the link like that is easy...

You type the text you want... select it, press the URL button in the full editor... you'll get {url}text{/url} (only with the [ in stead of the { ) than you type {url=} text{/url} behind the = sign you paste the url of the picture / article you want to share. It will create a link on the text.
These violent delights, have violent endings...Like fire and gunpowder, they consume what they kiss

Chernaudi

Post by Chernaudi »

Sorry Marielle, but I'm not getting it. I'm trying to edit my message, and it's not doing what you said it would do. What am I doing wrong? I wish that there was a place I can test post to see if I'm doing stuff wrong.
Audi, Twilight, Cher, Pink Floyd, symphonic/progressive rock, KStew, RP, Bio-Booster Armor Guyver-what's not to like

marielle
Cliff Diving with Embry

Post by marielle »

Sean, just try....
Step 1: select the text you typed that you wanted to link.
step 2 : press the URL button in the full editor mode (just above you typing screen)

result: {url} text {/url}

Step 3: type behind the first url =

result: {url=} text {/url}

Step 4: paste the url of the link you want to share behind the =

final result: {url=http//:www.etc.com} text {/url}

Now just replace the { by a [ symbole to get it right.

if you doubt you are doing it right just post it so I can see what you do wrong. you always can edit later.

Chernaudi

Post by Chernaudi »

Marielle: Thanks, it worked that time. I think now that I have to post something like that each time I post for a while to get used to it, but it worked that time. I guess with this computer stuff, I'm a visual learner.

At least you don't like Letterman--or as I've referred to him on here as Letterdouche, Letterscum, and Dave the Dirtbag. I've called him worse, but that won't work on this forum :oops: I'd love for Jeremy to interview Kristen and Rob :swoon:

But as far as Letterman is concerned, why does Summit send K&R to his show--sign of loyalty to CBS/Sony, as the guys who run Summit now used to work at CBS, Showtime, Paramount Pictures or Sony? At least all parties responsible there can rest happy that no complete examples of one of my favorite World War II era aircraft exist right now, let alone one's that's flyable, because I'd love for them to feel the sting of the hornet.

See, I got the hang of it :)

BTW, at Zhuhai this weekend, Mika Häkkinen will be driving one of JC's favorite cars--the Mercedes-Benz SLS AMG in GT3 form--in the ILMC 1000km race there this weekend. Though that you'd like to know, as Mika is a former F1 driver.

I'll be going to bed very soon, so I thought that I'd try my hand at your suggestion and give a thank you post.

I'll be back tomorrow/later today. Have yourselves a good one :)

Tornado
Member: LaPush Cliff Diving Team

Post by Tornado »

I would just like to - once more - salute my husband, the uber nerd, and supreme ruler of all things geeky, who has now solved my problems (hopefully) for ever more!!!

Yes, David Letterman doesn't usually seem to know much about the people he's interviewing, does he? Either he's a really bad interviewer, or the people who work for him should be fired. Maybe both.

I think Rob would probably crash the car if he went on Top Gear! He'd probably be too scared to try it. And imagine what Jeremy would make of his car history! Not to mention that Jeremy can be a right git himself on a regular basis. I'd like to take him on ...
older_twilight_fan
Lusting for Blood
Location: Somewhere in Louisiana, praying that Summit won't "fade to black" in Breaking Dawn

Post by older_twilight_fan »

Hello everyone~

I loved Rob's appearance on Jimmy Kimmel and thought it was one of his best and funniest interviews yet....."They want to see thrusting, not probing...." :blush: :lol: I like that Jimmy can still be a little teasing and sarcastic with his guests, but not with the same condescending and mocking tone we all seem to agree that David Letterman posseses. It was neat to see Rob's parents in the audience again, and I laughed out loud while he desribed his and Kristen's antics during the filming of the love scene, right in front of them. :D

Lynne~ Congrats to your hubs for solving the computer issues (I think that's what you're referring to, right?) I agree with you that David Letterman seems too self-involved to care to do research to adequately prepare for many of his guests. I hope you're able to get the soundtrack for Christmas--thank goodness for iTunes. Now I'm a bit nervous...seeing that you've heard things that made you a little nervous about the movie this week. :? Deep breath....deep breath.....repeat Susie's mantra.

Christina~ That's awesome that your Mom would be interested in the Director's Cut of Breaking Dawn--we'll be right in line with her. 8-) Josh Horowitz and Rob are win-win...I wished that "yes/no" game with various members of the Twilight cast had been longer. I also found the BD soundtrack at my Target Tuesday night for $9.99--unbeatable price. Yes, the horse I was recalling was Barbaro--I'd meant to look up his name. That was such a tragic story. I also remember how his owners seemed to do everything humanly possible to save him, and I think he lived several months longer than expected--quite a fighter.

Sean~ I loved Rob's interview on Jimmy Kimmel after just watching it via the Lex link this morning. Jimmy manages to tease and kid his guests without coming across nearly as condescending as David Letterman (love your names for Dave, by the way. ;) ). Good job getting the caption thing down for posting your pictures.

Susie~ Yay for Target prices--I picked up my copy of the soundtrack for $9.99 too! That's neat that your hubs would even consider reading the saga, but I can understand your hesitance as you don't want him to pick it apart. My Mom is much better, thanks for asking....although she'll still have to undergo a root canal on that tooth. I'm glad you all have a plan in place for SonnyBoy, and I can understand his (and your) reluctance for him to take medication. I hope his issues can be managed by therapy and counseling. Is there any chance the school can work with him regarding his grades and final results for this semester, without it going on his record, since his treatment is ongoing? We'll keep you all in our thoughts and prayers.

Suzan~ You're right about all the BD pictures, video clips, promotional appearances, and interviews being a little overwhelming. What lucky timing for you to be on our break from school just now, where you may actually have time to enjoy it all. Rob is so adorkably goofy, and I wonder if his tendency to always make jokes is his way of dealing with nerves and deflecting some of the attention off himself. I hadn't heard that Robward may not be sparkling in Brazil--does this mean he may not sparkle once their entire honeymoon? :shock: What's up with that? :?

Rachel~ Congrats on having another boy sweetie! :clap: Here's hoping to another twenty weeks of happy, healthy, and complication-free pregnancy.

Caryn~ Loved that beautiful wedding screencap of Edward and Bella you posted....almost makes me want to pick up a copy of that People magazine issue. Maybe that picture will be included in the Illustrated Guide. When are we expecting the Illustrated Guide, by the way? If I correctly recall, I seem to remember us being disappointed that it would not be available until after the release of the movie, unlike the previous guides. I think we've all agreed that Letterman can act like a condescending jerk to some of his guests, and doesn't even take the time (or seem to encourage his staff) to research his guests and their projects. Hope your training continues to go smoothly enough that you can peruse Robcrack to your heart's content.

Jaclyn~ Wow....you're really burning the candle at both ends. I hope you have a chance to slow down a bit and catch your breath. I'm really liking the BD soundtrack as well. It is nice to have Carter Burwell back and a great way to bookend the series. How was the Evanescence concert?

Marielle~ I hope you'll enjoy the soundtrack a lot, once you have a chance to purchase it. I think this one (along with Twilight) may end up my favorite soundtrack of the series. You're so lucky to already have three BD viewings planned, and that's great that your Mom wants to see it. My Mom would never see these movies, although she did enjoy Water for Elephants quite a bit. She even called me this morning to let me know that Rob was on The Today Show. ;)

Hello to Amy, Missp, Sandy, Brenda, Desiree, Chrissy and anyone else I've missed.
Banner by TammyAZ